*Complete* Sit back, Relax as the Dining Room presents Your Dinner Oct 30-Nov 6

Trisha- great report so far! I know it will be a good one, we really had some fantastic food on this cruise! :goodvibes

I'm in :)

We've never cruised before, so I'm excited to get an idea of what the food will be like. Great pics and commentary so far!!!!

Love your food report and pictures! And what an awesome balcony! I'm totally excited about our cruise that leaves Dec 1st! :yay:

Dinner at Lumiere's was very good. We all managed to find a "favourite" that night.

Appetizer #1 - chilled shrimp cocktail

DisneyCruise1162.jpg

Appetizer #2 - Bacon and Wild mushroom tart. This was kind of like a quiche. Okay but I didn't eat the crust.

DisneyCruise1163.jpg

Appetizer #3 - French Onion Soup. Both my mom and I really enjoyed this. There was loads of cheese on top and it filled the soup with ooey gooey goodness. Highly recommended.

DisneyCruise1164.jpg

Entree #1 - Sea Bass with mushroom risotto. Very good - perfectly seared and the risotto was wonderful. A little firm, not mushy and not salty.

DisneyCruise1165.jpg

Entree #2 - 3 cheese lobster macaroni. This was - well, it was Meh. The lobster bits were tasty but the pasta and the sauce were bland. Nice to try but I also had my mom order the lamb shank because I had heard on the boards that this was only okay (and we have a place we go to that does really excellent lobster macaroni and cheese). No picture of the lamb shank because the assistant server was so quick in cutting up.

DisneyCruise1166.jpg

Entree #3 - Beef Tenderloin. My dad loved, loved, loved this steak.

Two shots:

DisneyCruise1167.jpg

DisneyCruise1168.jpg

Dessert certainly pulled out some winners tonight.

Dessert #1 - Grand marnier souffle - Best Dessert Ever! Light, creamy, gooey and heavenly.

DisneyCruise1169.jpg

Dessert #2 - Chocolate mousse. I never even got a taste of this so I'm assuming it was good

DisneyCruise1170.jpg

Dessert #3 - Creme Brulee - good flavour with an excellent brulee.

DisneyCruise1172.jpg

Dessert #4 - Fruit plate - fresh and tasty.

DisneyCruise1171.jpg

The Grand marnier souffle is my absolute favorite desert from all of the cruises I have been on. I look forward to it every cruise.

While I'm thankful for everyone's TRs, I think I love this one the most! I mean, come, on, food pics and everything!!!

I don't care about the excursions or what the kids are doing....but the food. Thank you! We'll be heading on our first ever cruise on 3/24 - 3 night to bahamas. Can't wait!

Thanks for the pics and TR. We leave in 41 days for West Caribbean!!
:cool1:

Have a great trip. Thanks for reading along.

Yum! Chicken quesadilla salad was one of my favorite things to order. All Hands on Deck was my absolute fav! Thanks for the pictures!

That chicken salad was very good. I ordered the cheese plate later in the week.

subscribing! Looks great so far!! I can't wait to hear more...

Coming Up. Glad to have you along.

Señor DonDuck;39081573 said:
Keep them food pics coming :thumbsup2

Not a problem. I have lots :thumbsup2

Trisha- great report so far! I know it will be a good one, we really had some fantastic food on this cruise! :goodvibes

I know. The food was really good. :woohoo: Glad to have you along.

I'm in :)

We've never cruised before, so I'm excited to get an idea of what the food will be like. Great pics and commentary so far!!!!

There is so much selection. My personal recommendation is - If you don't really like something, don't eat it. There's more food right around the corner that you'll be saying, "Awww, I wish I'd had that instead."

Love your food report and pictures! And what an awesome balcony! I'm totally excited about our cruise that leaves Dec 1st! :yay:

Hope you're having a great cruise!

The Grand marnier souffle is my absolute favorite desert from all of the cruises I have been on. I look forward to it every cruise.

It was awesome! :wizard:

I'm DEFINITELY in!

Welcome aboard.

While I'm thankful for everyone's TRs, I think I love this one the most! I mean, come, on, food pics and everything!!!

I don't care about the excursions or what the kids are doing....but the food. Thank you! We'll be heading on our first ever cruise on 3/24 - 3 night to bahamas. Can't wait!

Glad I could oblige! Welcome aboard. I hope your trip is as great as mine was.

So this was our first experience with room service breakfast. I know that it's only continental breakfast foods but it was enough to get us going in the morning.

What we orderedd:

2 fruit bowls (watermelon, pineapple, honeydew and canteloupe)

Bagels - come toasted and dry. You must order butter, jam, etc if you want anything on them.

2 croissants. These were kind of Blah so we never ordered them again.

Muffins - the two muffins they sent were lemon poppyseed and oatmeal. They were good. Fresh and moist.

Assorted drinks - coffee, tea, orange juice, milk and chocolate milk. I ordered the regular milk for my coffee since I don't like half and half.

We also ordered cream cheese, butter, and assorted jams. They sent 1 of each (for 3 bagels). Lesson learned - always mark how many of each you want!

DisneyCruise1181.jpg

Filling and pleasant, delivered to the room right on time (we placed the card outside the door the night before). The coffee was good from room service - strong but not bitter. The tea came as a carafe of hot water with a decent selection of tea bags. They automatically sent sugar and sugar substitute.

We tipped a few dollars (I think $5) to the delivery person. I have to say - those few dollars were so appreciated.

Thank you so much for doing this. We leave in March and this helps so much! Awsome food trip report!

I spent some time on deck 9 by the cove cafe / adult pool relaxing and reading my book this day. I sat in one of the comfy chairs by cove cafe for most of the time. My parents went off shopping and played Bingo and explored the ship.

I ordered a drink of the day (but didn't get a picture).

Then I ordered a Pina Colada (I actually ordered a Pina CoLAVA but I don't think he heard me right).

It was funny - the one server asked for my card but the other server (John) didn't - he just asked me to fill out the slip. He also learned my name after the first time he served me and called me by name every time he saw me after that (for the next few days).

Pina Colada (with a rum floater)

DisneyCruise1187.jpg

I later ordered a banana daquiri. I drank it but wasn't thrilled with it - it was a little too thick for my taste.

DisneyCruise1188.jpg

I was feeling pretty okay when my Dad wandered up to find me. My mom was having a nap and he was hungry.

Our first exploration of the "fast food" on deck 9 was highly successful.

After my dad found me by the adult pool, he asked what there was to eat. After explaining some of the options, he wandered back there and picked up food for the both of us.

My Dad got the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich.

DisneyCruise1190.jpg

It was good - the chicken was little spicy, the cheese was tasty and the ceasar salad was quite dressing-ing. The fries were incredible!

I told my dad I didn't care what we got but I wanted fries. I could smell them as people would bring them by and wow - did they smell good. They were hot, fresh fried, and not salty.

For me he got a taco - full of jalapenos, sour cream and other good stuff. This was the best taco ever! (my drinking may have had something to do with that though - food always tastes better after you've been drinking).

DisneyCruise1189.jpg

After my mom woke up, he went and got her something as well:

Cheeseburger and a chicken ceasar sandwich. The chicken was too spicy for her but she liked the cheeseburger.

DisneyCruise1191.jpg

Before dinner we had a few snacks but those will need to wait cause I need to go to work!

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you so much for doing this. We leave in March and this helps so much! Awsome food trip report!

It's nice to be able to go back over the trip and relive the great times. Have a great cruise in March (I'm cruising Carnival in March so I'll see how the food - and everything else - compares).

Very enjoyable report and great pictures! My family loves the first night dinner menu and I also thought the eggs benedict your Mom had at brunch were delicious. It is so great to relive all the wonderful food. Thanks for this, Karyn

What a fun TR! Your pictures are delicious! This makes me super impatient for my 10/2011 cruise!!!

I am absolutely loving your cruise food review. I have a cruise coming up next month and it is so helpful for me to see pictures and read your opinions. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Ooooo, this thread is good, at least now I can check out the food before we go. Thank you for writing it. I've subscribed to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter