Complete Guide to WDW

kabbie

DIS Veteran
As soon as I heard Kevin's rave review about this book, I had to get on amazon.com and order it. It arrived a few days ago and it is one of the best Disney books I've seen. I thought I knew everything about Disney already being the Disney geek I am, but this has so many hidden secrets that other guide books don't cover.

Highly recommend it!

Thanks podcast team for all that you do!

The Complete Walt Disney World by Julie and Mike Neal.

It's subtitled The Disney Handbook.

It's published by Coconut Press.

It's an awesome book.

Kevin

Amazon has a deal to buy this book and prebuy the 2008 UG. I think I'm going to do that. Yeah, I could just wait until almost the end of August and just get the new UG, but I'm wanting some instant gratification and don't want to wait. Don't tell my friends on the budget board. :laughing: ;) :cutie:

Guess I better go order me a copy. You can never have too many Disney related books :thumbsup2

my local bookstores did not carry this book so i ordered this book sunday on barnes and noble.com and i am dying for it to arrive already!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a nice lazy day today and i would have loved to have started reading already. kevin... i know that you reviewed this book because you genuinely liked it, but so many people are buying it because of you, the authors should give you some money! :scratchin

Ya think Barnes & Noble would carry it?

I think you'll have better luck ordering online. I did check my local Barnes and Noble & Borders and neither one carried it. Here is what the cover looks like it.

51fyxfuvaDL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

The fun facts & details about the attractions is phenomenal! I especially liked the section on AK and MK.

Just got my copy today from Amazon...looking forward to reading it.

I was trying to remember the name of it today! Thanks for the thread. :surfweb: Now I have to go order it also......

I am soooo eager to read it, I ordered it on the 28th June from a marketplace seller on amazon.co.uk and am still waiting for it!!!:mad:

I just got mine a few days ago and as I was fliping around I saw a photo of one of my Mom's close friends! I like the book as well I just have not had time to get into it yet. :thumbsup2

I got it, too. In fact, between the time it took for me to get it in my amazon cart and check-out, the price went up $6-$7. I quick-like-a-bunny went over to Barnes&Noble.com and it was MUCH cheaper there.

It is a great little book, but I agree that it is NOT a book for first-timers planning their first trip...unless they also get the Unofficial Guide.

I'm also wondering if this book is independent of Disney or if Disney is producing it. How were they able to use all those pics?

Could I write a book (were I talented enough to do so) and use Disney pictures all over the place???????

I think you'll have better luck ordering online. I did check my local Barnes and Noble & Borders and neither one carried it. Here is what the cover looks like it.

51fyxfuvaDL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

The fun facts & details about the attractions is phenomenal! I especially liked the section on AK and MK.

Thanks for your advice. I'll order it tonight when I get home. Much as I love Epcot, AK and MK are my favorites. Looking forward to another Disney book!!!

Sounds like everyone loves this book! How is it different than all the other "guide books" out there?

Most guide books (Unoffical Guide for one) cover the resorts/dining extensively and offer very few pictures.

The Complete Guide is mainly all about the 4 theme parks (but has a decent section on Downtown Disney and recreation) and offer great color pictures. There's also great sample touring schedules (very simplistic) and shopping guides. Not to mention a 10 page spread on animals you'll find at AK.

Other books are great for planning, but this book is good for reminding me of my favorite place.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the map of the whole WDW area confused me for awhile. I am used to seeing the official maps with MK at north, AK at west and Epcot/MGM at SE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter