Comparison of the Fantasy vs. the Dream

Love all the info! Thank you for the spreadsheet...this has helped me a lot!

I have been wondering for so long what changes they would make, and YES...I too was hoping for a change to the Aft elevators. I just do not understand that. Oh well!

Heather....did you go to Satellite Falls also and if so what did you think of it?

And does this mean that the pool above Quiet Cove ( what appears more like a Wading pool) is for adults only or is it for families? I know it originally was for families which I did not understand seeing as it is right above the Adult area. I am hoping that it has changed over to Adult only, if only because of the noise AND let's face it, now there will be even more traffic flowing through the "adult only" area to get to it...and why not?

I did, and it was ok. What I would really love is if they did more of an actual pool. The "swim space" in the adult area is more like an oversized bath tub. lol!

If you want to get really nit-picky (sorry, that's how I am) the Fantasy has Mademoiselle Minnie. ;) Don't throw anything at me. :laughing:

Hmmm - I'm pretty sure France outlawed the usage of the word Madamoiselle --- everyone is a Madame now so they're not discriminated against for being/not being married. :laughing::laughing:

They were saying in the beginning that it would be for families, but MJ said she heard that it was changed to adults only.

The way I heard it was that adults just seemed to take over the area, not that anything official was done....yet, at least.

Hmmm - I'm pretty sure France outlawed the usage of the word Madamoiselle --- everyone is a Madame now so they're not discriminated against for being/not being married. :laughing::laughing:

How typically.........French :lmao:

I don't see how that little wading pool could be for families, its in the adults only area, I think that was a silly idea to begin with, the kids have plenty of pool/water places just for them. Give us adults our own :lmao:

But really...due to it's location I am pretty sure it's adults only.

I don't see how that little wading pool could be for families, its in the adults only area, I think that was a silly idea to begin with, the kids have plenty of pool/water places just for them. Give us adults our own :lmao:

But really...due to it's location I am pretty sure it's adults only.

That's odd - I could have sworn it was listed on the DCL site listing for the Fantasy as a family wading pool - but it's no longer mentioned at all!

Another one of those quietly made changes?:confused3

ETA: Here's a link to the Disney Parks Blog on October 13: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...lp-guests-cool-off-aboard-the-disney-fantasy/

It's listed there as "Also new to deck 12 is another area for families to cool off – a wading pool with a fountain. This area has ample seating and lounge chairs under a canopy, offering a respite in the shade."

That's odd - I could have sworn it was listed on the DCL site listing the Fantasy as a family wading pool - but it's no longer mentioned at all!

Another one of those quietly made changes?:confused3

Oh I totally believe you that it said that, but either 1) someone made a boo boo in advertising 2.) they realized how sill yof an idea it was to have a family wading pool right in the middle of the adults only area!

I remember on the thread about the building of the Fantasy, there was a lot of discussion about how it didn't make sense to have that area for families right over the quiet pool. Either DCL heard us, or it was a case of mistaken identity all along.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the Fantasy - I just got to walk around quickly while it was in NYC; but I'm pretty positive O'Gills is located where Pink is on the Dream and Oh La La is located where 687 was on the Dream.

Correct me if this has already been said, but I didn't see anyone mention the location swap.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the Fantasy - I just got to walk around quickly while it was in NYC; but I'm pretty positive O'Gills is located where Pink is on the Dream and Oh La La is located where 687 was on the Dream.

Correct me if this has already been said, but I didn't see anyone mention the location swap.

Screenshot2012-04-06at031207.png
[/IMG]

HTH's!

Ex Techie :)

Crush is supposed to be the first time in AP and the new animation show is suppose to be the last time in AP. This is according to posts from the preview cruise.

This is correct. The only difference being if you start out in Animators. If you do you'll have Crush, Pirate's Night Theme, and Animation Magic.

My impressions of the biggest differences:

walking onboard -- the peacock theme on the Fantasy is amazing. Even down to the tile in the elevator bank at mid-ship. And those elevators have some amazing detail in them as well.

the drink station -- okay this is my favorite change. The drink station on Fantasy's deck 11 is much closer to mid-ship so you don't feel like you have to walk as far from FLOs as you do on the Dream. The layout is much better as well. Putting the coffee and soda back/back is a great idea. Better flow in this area in general.

the quick service location -- this area is just slightly modified and there is more theming. I'm not sure it works better, but that may just be folks getting used to the job.

artwork -- both interactive and other artwork is different on the two ships (of course) I enjoyed these nuances. Especially loved the mosaics. Also had an additional detective agency outside Enchanted Garden

Shutters -- being able to order digital photos in the sizes you want is great! Also they were rolling out Aqua Duck photos on both ships when we were onboard. They are still trying to work out the bugs and it wasn't organized into the portfolios. (Saw people going through AquaDuck pictures in a huge box on the last night. -- Hundreds of photos.)

Adult areas -- Fantasy has this hands down. The pool areas (including Satellite Falls) are modified and it just works better. Also LOVE the bar areas on deck 4. It has a planned feel to it rather than the combination of great concept bars on the Dream. I'm not a drinker so I didn't spend a lot of time there, but the spaces are very inviting.

AP -- so much has been said here already. I am not a fan of the Crush show. But the Animation Magic show is INCREDIBLE. SO fun to watch your drawing come to life.

The Fantasy stage in WD Theatre was jaw dropping in it's capabilities. Love those Broadway-quality shows on both ships, but Fantasy has the edge here too.

Speaking of Edge, the tween space is slightly different, but my tweens REALLy liked the Fantasy space better. (They had a great time on both ships.)

I stayed aft on the first cruise and forward on the second. Stay mid ship or forward if you can. While the aft elevators are not busy, traveling through the middle of a restaurant is awkward.

I'm now 20 days away from the beginning of our trip -- so these are truly the items that stood out to me...not meant to be a complete list.

I can't believe they still put the basketball court over Palo. it was very distracting during our meals.

Does anyone know if they changed the size of the seats in the WD Theater? they were not Pooh size friendly!

Looking forward to our cruise on the Fantasy anyway. Just a mere 580 days away!! :lmao:

I'm surprised I haven't seen this... even tried to search for it.

Any word on the dining rotations? I'm guessing it's like 1231231 or 1233123... but those are just my guesses (insert whatever dining rooms for each number) I'm particularly interested in an Eastern rotation. :D

Also, I thought I remembered seeing an age limit on the aqua lab... what's the word on that? (Can't find the reference now, so I'm hoping I was wrong or they lifted it)

Thanks!!!

I'm surprised I haven't seen this... even tried to search for it.

Any word on the dining rotations? I'm guessing it's like 1231231 or 1233123... but those are just my guesses (insert whatever dining rooms for each number) I'm particularly interested in an Eastern rotation. :D

I don't remember where I found this (most likely here on the DIS somewhere!), I had saved it in my email!

This is the rotation for Eastern Itinerary A, per my Dreams Unlimited TA.

1-R/A/E/R/A/E/R
2-A/E/R/A/E/R/A
3-E/R/A/E/R/A/E

Formal night is day 2, Pirates in day 4 and Semi Formal is day 6"

We putin our request for rotation 2. :thumbsup2

Based on what I've been told by several CMs and seen in a post or two, it seems that the normal Western dining rotation is 1231223. Don't know about the Eastern rotation as I'm on a Western cruise. ;)

does anyone knows what any other shows apart from wishes, aladdin and disney believe, they're doing? last year i went to the dream and they do a show with muppets i guess, i didn't see it but my brother do, they're going to repeat them all? anyone knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter