compare Universal Halloween party to Mickey's

I did both of these this year. Mickey's is famillies dressed in high dollar Disney costumes walking from one candy station to the next getting pretty cheap candy after waiting in 5 minute lines. There is a parade or 2. You get a picture taken and later sent to you. The best thing is that the attractions for the most part are walk ons, with the exception of Haunted Mansion.
The next night we went to Universal. I have been there before so I elected not to take my 9 year old daughter and in retrospect think that was correct. My 15 y.o. son and I arrived early and the first 2 or 3 haunted houses were indeed startling. BTW, you can't wear costume there. This is not meant for children. At a fairly racy Bill and Ted Show they warn you if you get offended you can head up the road to Holyland Horror Nights. By 10-10:30 there are too many drunks for me and they stay open until 2 so I bet it got worse.
:scared1: :scared1:

I don't think u can compare them two entirely diffrent styles
:jester:

Two totally different kinds of parties, both were fun, fun, fun.
I wouldnt bring anyone under 13-14 to HHN unless they are quite brave. Mickeys party is fine for all kids and adults alike. I will be going back to both again. This year was my first HHN and I loved it. Its fun to be scared. This year was my second time at Mickeys party and its a great nite to get on the rides without much wait. Also a good parade.

DM LOL!!!!!!!

The two are not comparable. They go after two totally different markets!!!!

As stated in earliar posts it is very hard to compare the two.

I enjoyed MNSSHP but don't think I would rush back to it. IMHO it is more for the very young children or people that want to dress up.

I really enjoyed HHN. We visited all six houses and it was really fun to get scared silly. It was also very cool to ride the Hulk, Dudley and Duelling Dragons in the dark. I would definetely visit again.

We went to both. did HHN 3 nights and was really impressed this year. it was the best one since 2000. I was sickened by B&T's show this year. it was disgusting. I saw many people walk out. it was so nasty and made no sense. being a Christian, I was offended by the Holy Land remark. stayed at HRH again. they have really improved things. I requested a room in a quite area and didn't hear a peep out of anybody the entire 10 nights we were there.(garden view) they ask what gift we would like (Lowes member) and I requested white wine. they brought it on ice with a hand written card with a fancy glass of crackers within 15 minutes after checking in. gross wine though, and poured it out after one sip.
on the 30th they had several bands play at the velvet lounge. The FIXX was there so was Lita Ford, Uncle Kracker, the lead singer from Deep Purple and Dee Snyder from Twisted Sister. we didn't go but the hotel was packed that night. it was quite embarrassing because we went to Mickeys party in full costume (I was an evil queen and DD was Alice (in wonderland) had to walk through the lobby in those get ups. my face is still red. we saw Three dog night, The Spinners & The 5th Demention (sp?) at Epcot. was very cool. I love Three Dog night. anyway, once you go to HHN, you have to go every year. next year will be our 5th year. gotta love it. after all these years, it's not scarey but fun. I video taped everything except pschoscarapy. nobody said anything about my camera (used nightshot, no light) and the scare actors really hammed it up in front of my camera.(in the houses) LOVED the oarks being a LOTR fan. saw all my friends who work at the studios except one. anyways, See Y'all, Linda

Not done MNSSHP, but loved HHN. Went for the first time this year and will definitely go again if in Orlando at the right time. Scary in a fun kind of way - and I hate horror films. Psycho Scareapy was a bit revolting, but very well done.

I agree about Bill and Ted. Why we wasted 30 precious minutes on it I'll never know. I'm not particularly religious and I'm certainly not a prude (love Rocky Horror, for example), but I found it offensive and pointless. Maybe it's because I'm British and didn't get half the gags, or maybe I'm just getting old! :confused:

No, it's not because your getting old ;) my 21 yr old DD found it just as stupid as I did. I don't see why they make Bill & Ted to be such perverts in their show. In their movies they are not like that. next year i won't waste my time with it. I really wish they would bring HHN back to the studios. when it was at the studios, it was much better. better midways, better scareactors, parade etc. and there seemed to be fewer drunks. they used to let groups of 5 or 6 walk through at a time and it was scarier. now, they just line up and walk through and there always has to be one girl screaming like a police whistle right in your ears. I enjoyed psychoscarapy, but they could have left out that horribe smell. I almost threw up but later on when we went through, (again) I took tissue moistened with perfume and I didn't smell a thing. I really missed scarey tales too. Linda

I went to both this year, first time for MNSSHP and third for HHN.

MNSSHP is all fun. The MK is decorated and looks spooky with orange and purple lighting. They have a special parade, fireworks and shows. Plus, there are the trick or treat stations around the park for everyone to enjoy. The best part was being able to dress up in costume and really be a kid again.

HHN is not for kids though. It's horror and mayhem done right. I have a high threshold for scary stuff so I usually laugh my way through most of this. A few times I played along with the "scareacters" and that was fun. A few times they got me good too (I was sprayed with both foam on the streets and that nasty smelling stuff in Psycho Scarapy). It's still great entertainment and the staging is excellent for most of it. In years past I have seen adults and small kids scared out of their wits at HHN. I must say, the scareactors once did a fabulous job calming a very frightened young boy and this I admired.

We did both and enjoyed both but they cannot be compared. I did HHN with my 13 and 16 yr old. Dad stayed at HRH with our 2 little ones. The 2 oldest and I loved HHN. The haunted houses were lots of fun. I wouldnt take my 2 little ones to that though, the would have been scared.
We all attended MNSSHP and had a good time. The 2 little ones dressed up, we got candy rode rides, had our family picture taken. Lots of good family fun.
I would def hit both of these again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter