Communion?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by asunnysideup, Nov 18, 2012.

1. asunnysideup

asunnysideup Mouseketeer

Hey girls! I was wondering if anyone knew if communion was allowed at the Grand Floridian wedding chapel?

To clarify: my (new! Just engaged last weekend! :)) fiance is Catholic, I'm Protestant. We're having a Protestant ceremony, and getting a convalidation at a later date in his church. We both attend the same non denominational Christian church, so waiting on the Catholic blessing is fine, and we are aware that we cannot do a Catholic Mass in the wedding pavilion. However, even in Protestant denominations we still have communion, and were considering that as opposed to a unity candle/sand ceremony.

Does anyone know if a communion is allowed? All the info I could find was relating to Catholic mass, not the Protestant 'version' (for lack of a better term) of communion. Thank you! :goodvibes

2. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Disney doesn't impose any sort of religious restrictions on ceremonies on property. They're not going to tell you you can't do something unless it's a health/safety violation. (Disney is not the one imposing prohibitions on Catholic ceremonies, either; what happens there is that the Orlando Diocese doesn't recognize ceremonies held outside the Church. If you're OK with that and can find a priest who will do one, you can have a full-on Catholic-style wedding at Disney if you want.)

3. asunnysideup

asunnysideup Mouseketeer

Thanks! Mainly just wanted to make sure that food of any kind was allowed in the Wedding Pavilion, since I've never seen a Communion done there before. :)

We're fine with a Protestant ceremony, as my fiance is not a strict Catholic by any means, but it's good to know. Thanks again! :thumbsup2