comments needed about wedding dress!!

annette_tr9

Mouseketeer
I don't know what to do!!!

I found my perfect dress a few months ago and bought it from America and had it sent over to me in the UK. It cost half the price you would pay for the dress over here.

We are currently living with Mother-in-Law (we are buying a new build house and it's taking ageeeeeeeeeesssssssssss). She has managed to show every singe female entering the house my dress whether i have been there or not so now most people who are coming to the wedding have seen it.

Am I being daft thinking that it should be a surprise and nobody should see the dress before the wedding???

Now I am thinking that I could sell the dress I have, I could probably get the same amount as i paid for it, maybe even more. Then buy another new one from America while I still have time.

??????

Almost EVERYONE that came to my parents to visit...I showed my dress to...Personally, I don't care who sees the dress, as long as it isn't my FI! :)

I love my dress so much, that anyone who asks about it I either describe it or if I have the Bride's magazine, I whip it out and show them. All the females in my wedding party, my mom, my fiances mom have seen me in it in person. However, if my future MIL or my own mother was showing my dress to every one who enters the house, I would be ticked. It's MY dress to show, not hers. If you really want no one to see it, go ahead and order a new one. But if you really love it, and they all haven't seen you in it, then I would try not to let it bother you too much. The dress will look different on you then on the hanger. The only person I will probably care about wowing that day will be my future husband.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding and try not worry so much!

Colormouse:earsgirl: :earsboy:

The dress doesn't quite look the same on a hanger as on you. It seems to take on a whole new glow and radiance when it is on the bride. So I wouldn't worry about it.

I would be absolutley gutted and FURIOUS with my mother in law if she had shown everyone my dress. I love my dress and cant wait to wear it, but only my parents and bridesmaid have seen it. Anyway, my mother in law would have the common sense and good manners not to show everyone if it was MY dress not hers. Buy another one.

IMHO they all know you will be ina white gown anyway right? They won't really be able to tell what it looks like from seeing it in the bag. But if you really want to get another dress.

I'm not going to fault anyone for the sentiments they attach (or project) to things...I'm sentimental, too.

Obviously you have strong feelings about this and unfortunately, I'm guessing your MIL isn't aware of them. Tell your fiance and have him mention it to Mom. That , hopefully, should take care of it.

thanks for all of your replies!! I have taken the dress around to my mums now so nobody else will be seeing it!!

My wedding isn't for another 8 months anyway so i guess everyone will sort of forget what it looks like.

It's just annoying when she shows the dress to people i don't even know!!! AND when I'm not even there!!!

Yeah I would have been pretty disgruntled too. It's your derss after all and it's up to you who you show it to - your MIL2B should have had more respect in the first place - glad to hear that you moved it to your mum's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter