Command hooks in stateroom

mom2maggie

DIS Veteran
Are they allowed? I love using Command products to organize stuff around my house - am I allowed to use them in the stateroom? I thought that might be a good alternative to the over the door organizer that isn't allowed now.

Are they allowed? I love using Command products to organize stuff around my house - am I allowed to use them in the stateroom? I thought that might be a good alternative to the over the door organizer that isn't allowed now.
The policy is "no adhesives". So Command hooks are not allowed.

Here's the full policy:
More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY GEL DECORATIONS...THEY DISCOLOR THE DOORS AND FURNITURE.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/important-all-dcl-cruisers-please-read.2434632/#post-36092430

Got it - so magnets only? Will magnets work on any of the walls inside the stateroom? Specifically the bathroom?

Got it - so magnets only? Will magnets work on any of the walls inside the stateroom? Specifically the bathroom?

Magnets work on stateroom walls :-) At least they are on the Dream and Fantasy. We were very happy to discover this.

I did not test the bathroom walls. I presume they are, except there is then tile on them over whatever wall material they use. So the tile thickness could affect how well magnets work. We are going to try the bathroom walls on our upcoming cruise.

SW

Can't say for sure about the walls, but they will work on the door for sure.

You can get hanging organizers that have hanger tops (like the hangers in your closet). You can hang those in the closet or from one of the various hooks in the room, including the ones in the bathrooms.

I have brought little organizey things, but there is so MUCH organized space in a stateroom that I haven't used it. The only things I've used are little cubes I have from Ikea that zip up into a cube then down flat. I put random *stuff* in there for the main desk thing in the stateroom. Sunglasses, lanyard with keycard, etc. The things that might fall down and get lost. But the bathrooms are amazing IMO already. Twice now I've brought a hanging organizer to hang from the hooks already in the bathrooms or in the closet, and neither time have I used them *at all*.

I put my old over the door organizer up using wreath hooks. Used it on the Dream, Magic and Fantasy so far!

On the Wonder, the walls were definitely not magnetic. Only the door and the ceiling.

P.S. We were in our room for 15 days and just "moved in" to all of the storage that they provided and we were just fine. I had little hooks for lanyards on the door and I used clip magnets for papers, tickets, notes and navigators on the back of the door. My makeup bag had a hook that I hung on the bathroom hook. We also packed two pop up laundry bags. That was it. A she organizer may have been handy, but was not necessary at all. There were 3 of us in the room.

On the Magic the walls are not magnetic, only the doors and parts of the ceiling. I bring suction cup hooks for the bathroom. I also bring clothes pins as I find I can hang more stuff on the clothesline in the shower that way.

I know somebody who tried command hooks once on the Wonder a very long time ago. One of them ripped a chunk of paint off the wall. As they are adhesive, I don't think they would be allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!