Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. ChasingAriel

ChasingAriel Earning My Ears

All I can say is WOW. Just found this thread and I just caught up. Seriously fantastic job. I will be in Disney world in February if you are taking reporters for then I would love to contribute!:hippie:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Let's first finish up with Friday's updates, starting with one from Rachel (Smiling Cheshire Cat).

She said, "Since we are staying at the Beach Club we decided to try the breakfast buffet at..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Here's my plate, which has breakfast potatoes, French toast, eggs, bacon, and sausage. The best thing I had was the sausage spoon bread, which is a the top of the plate in the middle."

[​IMG]

"And here's a biscuit with gravy. I didn't like the gravy at all."

[​IMG]

"I also had this cinnamon roll and a Mickey waffle. Brianna and I shared the fruit. Unfortunately it was a bit mushy and I really wish the cinnamon rolls on Disney buffet were hot."

[​IMG]

"The characters were fantastic and spent a lot of time with the kids. I was disappointed there were only 3 characters available to meet though."

[​IMG]

"I love this picture of the kids drawing on the table. I liked the airy, beachy feel of Cape May and the staff were very nice and helpful. But I think we like other breakfast buffets better. The boys were especially disappointed there was no omelette station."

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Donald Duck, and pic of kids

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then on Friday we received several updates from frankieeyre, starting with one from their day off property.

She said, "On Wednesday, we picked up our car from the car rental place just outside MK and went over to Kennedy Space Center!

[​IMG]

"For lunch I got a pepperoni pizza which was pretty good."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"After touring the space center and meeting an astronaut we headed out to do some shopping!"

"Finally we stopped for dinner at Maggiano's on I drive!"

[​IMG]

"The whole family ordered Rigatoni D pasta which is their speciality. It was AMAZING! I could eat bucket loads of this stuff!" :thumbsup2

4 July Game Points Earned (for off-property meals) + 4 Bonus Points for misc. pics and pics of frankieeyre & DSis?

5. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

Ooh, I love Maggianos, but there is none near our house. I know where I'll want to go for an offsite dinner!

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

frankieeyre's next update was from back at Disney World on Thursday.

She said, "Got up nice and early this morning for EMH at MK! We arrived at 7.40 am and had perfect view for the welcome show! Met the long lost friends and checked out New Fantasyland which was AMAZING!""

"Then we had breakfast at...

Crystal Palace

[​IMG]

"My first plate was Mickey waffles, Pooh's french toast and pancakes!! Loved the french toast!"

[​IMG]

"My second plate included some croissants and bagels!"

"Met the guys from Hundred Acre Wood! Here's me and Winnie the Pooh!"

[​IMG]

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of frankie & Poooh

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then they headed to Epcot for the day and frankieeyre sent us a snack update from...

Karamell Kuche

[​IMG]

Here is what she chose...

[​IMG]

"I got a rice krispie treat from Germany! So big but so good!"

"And then from Japan, my sister got some sushi which she said was really good."

[​IMG]

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for display case pic

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

frankieeyre's last update sent Friday was from back at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

[​IMG]

"Later on we headed back to MK for dinner at Be Our Guest! We were seated in the West Wing!"

[​IMG]

"Both my Dad and I ordered the steak which was perfect! The garlic butter was so tasty!"

[​IMG]

"My sister got the pork, she liked it but wasn't too hungry so I ate lots of it!" ;)

[​IMG]

"My mum got the salmon which she really enjoyed!"

[​IMG]

"For desert we got the chocolate creme puff, which was a bit sickly but still good!"

[​IMG]

"We were celebrating my sister's birthday from a couple days ago so they bought us out the grey stuff and it was DELICIOUS!"

[​IMG]

"We then met the Beast after dinner, who was lovely as always!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of frankie & Beast

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next update received on Friday was sent by Rachel (Smiling Cheshire Cat) from their dinner at Downtown Disney's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Irish Soda Bread and Guinness reduction Dipping Sauce

"We all loved this and found you can buy the bread and the molasses and oil bottled to take home."

"Here's my Irish looking boy with a side of onion rings that we got for an appetizer."

[​IMG]

"These were crispy and yummy and at $5 a bargain."

"Here's Brian's Banger and Booz..."

[​IMG]

Banger & Booz - Guinness & onion bangers on mash, topped with caramelized onions & beef stew

"I'm glad he took this picture because none of the rest of mine turned out. This is sausages over beef stew and mashed potatoes. Beer was the main flavoring. I had a bite and loved it. The beef was my favorite bite. I had a side salad and Chase had the Fish and Chips. Brianna had a side of mashed potatoes. We all loved our food, had great service, and the band was great. Raglan Road gets a thumbs up!" :thumbsup2

2 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pic of Chase

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

One last update from Friday, this one from Kim (Kimmy2Disney).

She said, "Hey Barb! So much for my "live" updates... I'm so sorry! My DD has been sick with a high fever and we had her at urgent care on Wednesday :-(, so haven't had much time to write up our updates. She's starting to feel better, thank goodness because today was her 2nd birthday. I have been taking my photos and have my notes, so I will send you everything ASAP, and it will give me something to do as we drive home on Sunday!"

"Here are some pics of a cake we ordered her from Boardwalk Bakery for her birthday!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 July Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Kim and the Bday girl

11. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh I hope your DD is OK now Kimmy2Disney

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now let's get started on the Saturday updates, beginning with our First Update of the Day sent to us by SwirlyGirly.

This update was from their lunch on Thursday at Epcot's...

[​IMG]

She said, "I've read so many bad reviews, I was afraid to try it. But the kids really wanted to see the fish tanks, so we went."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's what they had...

[​IMG]

"Anna and I shared the Charbroiled Octopus..."

[​IMG]

Charbroiled Octopus with Mediterranean Potato Salad and Grilled Lemon

"The flavor was light and lemony and the meat was perfectly cooked, not rubbery."

"We also split the Mahi Mahi with coconut lime sauce."

[​IMG]

Grilled Mahi Mahi with Laughing Bird Shrimp, Hearts of Palm, Jasmine Rice, Cilantro, and a Coconut-Lime Sauce

"This was also fresh and light. The sauce was so good!"

"Boring Ellie went with the Kids meaty macaroni. Again."

[​IMG]

"We were very happy with our meal and would return." ::yes::

3 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pics of DDs, and First Update of the Day

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next SwirlyGirly sent some snack updates from their day at Epcot, starting with this from Club Cool...

[​IMG]

"We stopped in Club Cool and tried all the sodas."

[​IMG]

"Israel was voted favorite." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

"Italy, least."

Then on to World Showcase, where their first stop was France's...

[​IMG]

"For a Mo√ęt Rose..."

[​IMG]

"And then to..."

[​IMG]

"For lemon sorbet..."

[​IMG]

"Next stop was Japan for...I have no idea???" :confused3

[​IMG]

"Then to Italy for a Prosecco..."

[​IMG]

"Next A dark chocolate and sea salt Caramel in Germany. It was so good, I let Ellie risk a tummy ache for a bite!"

[​IMG]

"And a double bee sting in China sent to our first trip to first aid."

[​IMG]

6 July Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for signs, pics of SG and DDs, and misc. pics

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next SwirlyGirly said, "Thursday we had dinner at...

San Angel Inn

[​IMG]

"My camera went dead and I had to take half the pics on my iPad, which doesn't have a flash. We held the lamp over our food."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had these two apps as my meal. I don't even remember what the first one was, they were corn-based, so I chose them--some sort of quesadilla with cheese and mushroom. They were very good, especially the verde sauce! The tacos were Tacos de Pescado, also good!"

[​IMG]

"The kids chose Kids steak tacos with allergy taco wraps. They ate them up."

5 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DDs

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then SwirlyGirl sent an update from their lunch Friday at Animal Kingdom's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's what they had...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Ellie chose the Chicken and Mandarin Salad. She loved it. It was refreshing yet filling."

[​IMG]

"I had the Seafood Curry. I ordered it medium spicy. It was delish! The sauce was spicy and creamy and it had a ton of seafood. I couldn't eat half of it, the portion was huge!"

[​IMG]

"Anna got the Honey Chicken wok with the chicken tossed in rice flour. She enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away."

2 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pic of DD

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

SwirlyGirl then had dinner on Friday at the Boardwalk's...

[​IMG]

Here's what they had...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Anna and I started with goat cheese baked with olives and artichokes. It was served with gluten free pita bread. This is amazing! We were licking the plate. The cheese is gooey and flavorful!"

[​IMG]

"Ellie asked for a bowl of plain lettuce. Seriously."

[​IMG]

"Anna and I split the short ribs with feta mashed potatoes. YUM. The meat was extremely tender and the potatoes were wonderful."

[​IMG]

"Ellie chose the grilled chicken and pasta. She refused to eat it. She said it wasn't good. She stole my dinner!"

And then also sent was a snack update from the...

Boardwalk Bakery

[​IMG]

She said, "These are the best allergy desserts in the works. We rushed to the room with our treasure to enjoy them while watching Teen Beach Movie."

6 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next was SwirlyGirly's update from their breakfast yesterday at the Beach Club's...

[​IMG]

She said, "We had an excellent breakfast at Cape May. We had an early reservation so the characters spoiled my girls with attention. Easily the best interaction of the trip." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

'Minnie sabotaged Ellie's game.'

[​IMG]

"Donald put Anna's glasses on her."

"My plates..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Anna's plate..."

[​IMG]

"Ellie's plate..."

[​IMG]

"Plus each kid got an allergy plate. I couldn't get a pic fast enough before they got to Mickey's ears."

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, pics of DDs with characaters

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received several updates from nicole0992, starting with one from their dinner Wednesday night at the Polynesian's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She said, "Dinner on Wednesday night was at 'Ohana. I know this is very popular on the thread so I will just say we loved it and had no complaints (well, I still miss the honey lime vinaigrette). It remains a must do for every trip!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Dinner for 2 adults totaled $85.18. I included that in case it helps others plan."

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for name/menu, misc. pic, and pic of DD

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next nicole0992 sent us a couple of snack updates, the first one from DHS'...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She said, "I wasn't feeling well but my daughter had an iced coffee and an eclair. The eclair was so fresh and just perfect with light cream instead. She loved it!"

1 July Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

nicole0992's next snack update was from Epcot's...

[​IMG]

She said, "My daughter loves the crepes in France. She chose a strawberry crepe."

[​IMG]

"The strawberry preserves were folded inside."

[​IMG]

"Also, cans of Coke are $1.88 here. Good deal if you're hot and can't drink an entire bottle."

[​IMG]

"Look at that face. Not happy having her pic taken." :lmao:

1 July Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of DD

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then also from Epcot was nicole0992's lunch update from...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We started with the cold buffet of meats, cheeses, salads, breads, fruit and Norwegian offerings."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had the Roasted Chicken and subbed roasted potatoes in place of the risotto."

[​IMG]

"This chicken was excellent. Very moist and flavorful."

"My daughter had the meatballs with mashed potatoes."

[​IMG]

"She loved them."

[​IMG]

"The dessert platter included chocolate mousse, apple cake and rice cream. My fave is the rice cream. My daughter loved the apple cake with cardamom whipped cream. The chocolate mousse is just too chocolatey (if you can believe there is such a thing)." ;)

"Here's the photo that comes with your meal..."

[​IMG]

"This meal cost for two adults was $100.09."

3 July Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign, menus, pic of DD and Belle, and misc. restaurant pics