Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. sock2you

sock2you Mouseketeer

Thanks for letting me send the extra updates.
    My goal was to at least get a 100 points so yahoo :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sock2you

sock2you Mouseketeer

I'm loving all the CL updates, I may just have to book one now whenever we decide to go to Disney World.

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then SwirlyGirly's last update yesterday was from their dinner at the Grand Floridian's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I started with the Unique Wine Flight...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"They served us different gluten free rolls than we had in other restaurants. They weren't nearly as good."

"Anna and I shared the BBQ shrimp and grits..."

[​IMG]

Barbecue Shrimp and Grits
    Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Budgie's Barbecue Sauce, Low Country Grits
    Cherrywood Bacon, and Green Tomato Chow-Chow

"This was tasty and nicely spiced."

"Ellie chose the Kids' strip steak..."

[​IMG]

"She said it was wonderful."

"Anna and I split the filet and butter poached lobster..."

[​IMG]

Grilled Filet Mignon & Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail
    with Herb Cabernet-Oxtail Reduction and Smoked White Truffle Oil
    and served with Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Spring Onions, Pioppini Mushrooms, and French Green Beans

"Anna loved it! My tummy was still off from my BOG lunch, and everything tasted too rich for me. I couldn't manage to eat it. The kids, however, finished it for me."

3 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and pics of DDs

5. dreamangelx

dreamangelx Earning My Ears

I had this problem A LOT this trip. I don't remember feeling this way last July but I skipped meals a lot and at some meals barely ate.

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Last in yesterday were a couple of updates from Cathy (catho72), starting with this lunch update from the...

Beach Club Marketplace

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My daughter and I shared a turkey sandwich. It had cranberry sauce, lettuce and brie on it and it was large enough for the two of us to share. Their homemade chips are to die for! Our dessert was a red velvet cupcake. Half of it is sitting in our fridge."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then Cathy also sent a dinner update from Epcot's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"On Monday night we dined at Biergarten. I had read so many excellent reviews about it so I knew we had to try it. Our kids were kind of skeptical. As we were waiting for our table our son commented, "It smells oddly good!" All of us LOVED our dinner there! Our youngest daughter couldn't get enough pork roast....she went up to the carving station three times!"

[​IMG]

"The band was very entertaining, too."

[​IMG]

"Our waitress was brand new and slow, but very sweet. I enjoyed a glass of Riesling (which is my favorite kind!) and my husband had a flight of beer."

[​IMG]

"The desserts were some of the best we've had all week especially the Bavarian Cheesecake and the Black Forest cake!"

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of DD, and misc. pics

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now for our First Update of the Day, sent to us this morning by SwirlyGirly.

She said, "Ellie insisted we run to the gift shop for her once a year, cotton candy. She wants to enjoy it watching The Electric Water Parade and Wishes from our room."

[​IMG]

Then another update of the Dessert & Beverage Offerings last night at the...

Polynesian CL Lounge

She said, "We couldn't have any of the desserts tonight, but we thought you all might like to see them anyhow."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies

[​IMG]

Strawberry Creme Squares and Carrot Cake

[​IMG]

"Of course, wine and liquor were also available. The selection of alcohol never changes."

6 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DD and First Update of the Day

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Only a couple more updates received today, including this one from Cathy (catho72).

She said, "On Tuesday, we had lunch scheduled for 2:45 at Sci-Fi but at 12:00, we were a wee but hungry. My daughters and I stopped in the Writers Stop for a small snack."

Writer's Stop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The girls chose a chocolate chip muffin and I had a piece of English toffee. They thoroughly enjoyed their muffin and the toffee was good. It was hard but not hard enough to break a tooth (which is always a good thing!)." ;)

1 July Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for display case pics

10. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2

Ditto!

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And the other update was received from nicole0992.

She and her DD had lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

[​IMG]

"We enjoyed it and decided to cancel our dinner ADR for tomorrow. Lunch was great. We were able to get a window seat in the ballroom. We literally walked right into the restaurant with no wait at 11:00." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We both had our own onion soups and split the Croque Monsieur..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Soup was great with so much cheese. The sandwich was 1,000 times better than the one from Les Halles. The ham was thicker cut carved ham. The bread was nutty multigrain."

"I chose the chocolate cupcake and my daughter had the strawberry cream cheese..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Both were so fresh and yummy. Also, for the ice tea drinkers who don't care for the Gold Peak tea that is everywhere, there is fresh brewed unsweetened tea at BOG."

[​IMG]

"Here is our spread!" :laughing:

2 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, pics of DD, and misc. pics

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Only two more updates received last night, both from Cathy (catho72).

The first is from their dinner Tuesday night at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She said, "After seeing pictures and hearing how wonderful the Lobster Roll was there, I couldn't wait to try it."

[​IMG]

"For the price, I thought it was rather small. Tasty but small. My husband and I shared it along with a piece of salted caramel ganache."

[​IMG]

"The caramel was fabulous!"

"The girls shared a roast beef sandwich from there and an Oreo cupcake."

[​IMG]

"They didn't care for the horseradish on it. Oops, I forgot to ask for one without horseradish."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We dined poolside at Stormalong Beach. The Boardwalk Bakery was an easy walk from Beach Club."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then our last update from yesterday was one that Cathy sent of the desserts from the...

Beach Club CL Lounge

She said, "Here are two pics of the dessert offerings from the CL lounge Tuesday evening."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Lemon squares (delicious), chocolate cake (I didn't spit it out) and Rice Krispy treats (yummy!)"

5 July Game Points Earned

14. JintyB

JintyB Mouseketeer

Hi Barb. Well done for keeping us entertained with all these updates. I'm now less than three weeks from returning to WDW :cheer2: and a few days from the end of the school term :cheer2:

As I said before, I'm off to Paris on a school trip for the next few days and will be in Disneyland on Monday. Can you let me know how to send you updates? I do have an iPhone.

It's only a fleeting one day visit, but I'm with lots of others so will hopefully be able to snap quite a few shots of Disney yumminess :thumbsup2

Jeanette

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Good morning everybody! :wave2: Took most of the day off yesterday, as we threw a "Welcome Home" party for my DD last night. She just returned last Sunday from two months studying abroad in Florence.

But now I'm again a whole day behind with posting updates, so let's get started with our First Update of the Day from yesterday sent to us by ldnoggle.

She said, "Sorry for the delay in reports! My conference started Monday, and with being at it from 8-5 and being out in the parks late every night, I
    got behind!"

"Here is a roundup of what other stuff I was able to get pictures of:"

Yacht Club Conference Center

"Conference food (breakfast and lunch daily) at the Yacht Club is amazing!"

"Here are two examples of lunches served at the Yacht Club Conference Center. Every meal was absolutely delicious!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"And here is one of the afternoon snack choices on the first day:"

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then ldnoggle sent us a dinner update from the Yacht Club's...

Yachtsman Steakhouse

She said, "Tuesday night we had reservations at our favorite signature on property - Yachtsman Steakhouse."

[​IMG]

Here is what she had...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lobster Bisque - Made with Maine lobster and creme fraiche finished with Brandy

[​IMG]

(I'm guessing this is???) 28 oz Porterhouse served with Herb Fries and Roasted Garlic Butter

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. pic

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then ldnoggle's last update was from her dinner at...

Coral Reef

[​IMG]

Here is what she had...

[​IMG]

Grilled New York Strip Steak - served with horseradish smashed potatoes

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. pic

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And since I believe that that was ldnoggle's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

ldnoggle's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 25

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next update received yesterday was from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World on Thursday, Rachel (Smiling Cheshire Cat).

Rachel said, "Last night's dinner was at an old favorite of ours, the Plaza."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kids menu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Brianna loves the coloring menus."

[​IMG]

"Do Chase and I look like we were up all night? We left about 2:30 am." :faint:

[​IMG]

"Brianna chose the Kids turkey and subbed the apples for fries. She ate almost the whole thing. Love the Mickey face made out of tomatoes and a cucumber." :goodvibes

[​IMG]

"Chase and Brian both had Club sandwiches. They ate every bite."

[​IMG]

"I had the strawberry chicken salad. It had grilled chicken, strawberries, Gorgonzola cheese, cucumbers, and croutons. I love the vinaigrette dressing and also ask for extra."

And for their dessert...

[​IMG]

"Both guys had Oreo sundaes. Very yummy!"

[​IMG]

"And Brianna had the Kids sundae. The cookies were her favorite part."

"Another great meal at the Plaza!" :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for name/menu pics and pics of Rachel, Chase, and Brianna

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received DisneyFam09's update from their lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is what they had...

[​IMG]

Kids Appetizer - Cheddar Cheese and Grapes

[​IMG]

Pan-Seared Cod with Meyer Lemon Butter, Tomatoes, Quinoa, and Basil drizzled with Minus 8 Vinegar

[​IMG]

Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast with Farro Wheat Risotto, Wild Mushroom and Leek Ragout served with a Stone-ground Mustard Jus

[​IMG]

Pork Sandwich - Tender Pork on crusty Ciabatta Bread, Apricot Barbecue, Broccoli Slaw, and House-made Pickles

[​IMG]

And they were celebrating her DD's 7th birthday...

[​IMG]

The birthday girl with her grandparents

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"They brought everyone a small cup of vanilla ice cream."

3 July Game Points Earned + 9 Bonus Points for name, menus, pics of kids and grandparents, and pic of Ariel

21. SwirlyGirly

SwirlyGirly Mouseketeer

What a special birthday!