Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. erinscreen

erinscreen Mouseketeer

I am going to have to agree--that looks incredible!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And guess where auntfrannie went for dinner tonight?

Victoria & Albert's

She said, "Tonight was Victoria & Albert's. What an experience! I'm not even going to try to describe the individual courses because 1) I couldn't possibly do them justice and 2) I would run out of superlatives. However, I will give you the description provided on the menu. Sorry for the poor quality photos. Let me just say the entire meal was absolutely incredible!"

[​IMG]

"I started with a vodka martini. Nothing special but I'm not a wine drinker and I really don't care for sweet cocktails."

[​IMG]

"The amuse bouche consisted of three bite-size tastes from the sea. Starting on the left, crab roulade with Siberian Osetra caviar, salmon cube cooked three ways, and verrine of avocado, crab and tomato gelee."

[​IMG]"

"This was followed by the first of three bread services. This one was a baguette with unsalted butter."

[​IMG]

"The cold appetizer course was Masago Crusted Gulf Shrimp with Ponzu Vinaigrette."

[​IMG]

"The hot appetizer was a Diver Scallop with Zellwood Corn Ragout."

[​IMG]

"Bread course 2 was a brioche with spring herbs and a butter with the same spring herbs."

[​IMG]

"This was followed by Long Island Duck Breast and Sausage with Roasted Cauliflower."

[​IMG]

"The last bread service was a multigrain with salted butter."

[​IMG]

"For the entree, I had Australian Kobe-Style Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic-Potato Puree."

[​IMG]

"Then a cheese course with Gouda Reypenaer XO, Parmigiano Reggiano, Sottocenere Al Tartufo, and Colston Bassett Stilton."

[​IMG]

"Celebes Coffee"

[​IMG]

"For dessert, I had the Grand Marnier Souffle."

[​IMG]

"After all that food they brought out yet another treat! This was a trio of bite-size morsels. From the left, there's a pineapple jelly, an almond & raspberry tart, and a dark chocolate candy filled with rum!"

5 April Game Points Earned

4. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

Hi Barb! :goodvibes I just wanted to thank you for all of the effort that you put into this thread! I absolutely love it and so glad to see that there is a part 2! :thumbsup2

I know that it is close to our departure time but I would love to do live updates during our trip (5/5-5/11) if that would be possible. I know it is short notice but I would love to since this thread has been so helpful.

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Of course, I'll send you a PM with my info. :thumbsup2

6. VillianDiva

VillianDiva Falling in LOVE with Disney!

I am so glad I found the new thread! I cannot wait for my trip in December to hopefully do a live report. I absolutely LOVE this thread. It keeps me in the Disney spirit every day!

7. scanne

scanne <font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears

Love the V&A review! Haven't been there in years. It may be time to revisit....

8. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Wow, oh wow. I have been so busy with work since we got back from our March trip I haven't been on here lately and I can't believe a new thread started and it got so far along before I noticed. :eek: I need to go back and catch up before our next trip! I'm so glad things have slowed back down at work so I can now.

I can't wait for our trip later this month because today we got like 6 inches of snow. :furious: And it is May 2nd! This thread is definitely going to lift my spirits tonight.

Now to go back and catch up. Thanks Barb for a great thread!

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Krista (aladdinsgirl).

She said, "Last night Stephen & I had a date night while Carter was at the Never Land Club."

"We started with drinks at the Contemporary Resort's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Grey Goose Martini (L) and Skinny Girl Coconut Mojito (R). I enjoyed the Mojito, light coconut flavor, I couldn't really taste the vodka, but I could feel it when I stood up!! I'm a light weight though!!" ;)

"Then we had dinner at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"House made sourdough bread with house-made butter and black sea salt and house-made fennel oil. Very good, the fennel oil was outstanding."

[​IMG]

"Mixed Greens Salad with Ice Wine Vinaigrette. The greens were typical, however the vinaigrette was very flavorful."

[​IMG]

"Cheese Board--Cave Man (L) Camembert (M), Beecher's Flagship Reserve Cheddar (R). All 3 cheeses were wonderful, the Camembert was the favorite. It was accompanied by lavender and lemon infused honey that was very good."

[​IMG]

"Buffalo Strip Steak. I didn't try this because I don't eat buffalo, but Stephen really enjoyed this. I tried the truffle mac & cheese, that was very good."

[​IMG]

"Slow Cooked Crispy Ranch Chicken. This was so good. I rarely order chicken at restaurants because I eat it so much at home. I am so glad I got this, it was so moist and tender. I usually get the salmon here, but I didn't miss the salmon one bit while eating the chicken!"

Dessert menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Berry Cobbler. Wonderful as always!"

"Our meal was wonderful tonight, one of our favorite dinners at WDW and we eat signature meals quite a bit. Our server was Bob and he was outstanding. Very friendly and witty, quick to serve, but not overbearing, genuinely nice without it seeming like he was looking for a tip. I was disappointed California Grill was closed this trip, but so glad we ate here!"

6 April Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign & menu pics, 2 new cocktails, restaurant pics and First Update of the Day

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we received some updates from diskam.

The first one was from their breakfast yesterday at...

Sunshine Seasons

[​IMG]

"We got the breakfast platter and a chocolate croissant. It was very good, and not nearly as crowded as I had expected."

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Mals

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next was diskam's lunch update from...

Beaches & Cream

[​IMG]

"We had a late lunch at Beaches & Cream. At 2 p.m. we had less than a five minute wait for a booth.
    Mals had her 27th hotdog of the trip, and I had the Turkey Club."

[​IMG]

"Then Mals had I had a milkshake and I had the...

[​IMG]

...No Way Jose! Even without whipped cream and a cherry, it was still huge."

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Mals

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then diskam sent one last update before leaving on their cruise today on the Disney Wonder.

This was from their dinner last night at...

Landscapes of Flavor

[​IMG]

She said, "We had reservations for Coral Reef, but we were too tired, so we just ate at Landscapes of Flavor instead.
    I had the Pick your own Pasta with Pesto and Shrimp."

2 April Game Points Earned

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in this morning was a breakfast update from Krista (aladdinsgirl).

Today she is moved from the Wilderness Lodge to the Boardwalk Villas.

But before leaving they had breakfast at...

Roaring Fork

[​IMG]

"Bananas Foster Waffles. So good! I can't believe how soft & fluffy their waffles are."

[​IMG]

"Breakfast croissant sandwich."

[​IMG]

"Kids Waffle Platter - plain."

"Now I'm really stuffed! Maybe I should have packed some stretchy pants!! Even though I was still full from last night, I knew I had to get the waffles before we left the WL area. The stomach ache is worth it!"

3 April Game Points Earned

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received a two-part update from Jessica (FancyNancy).

The first part was a pic from their lunch yesterday at...

Columbia Harbour House

[​IMG]

"We all had the chicken nuggets with fries. April had chocolate cake and I had an apple crisp and frozen lemonade.
    We thought the food was good here." :thumbsup2

The second part was a pic of their snacks from...

Main Street Confectionery

[​IMG]

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we received a lunch update from Krista (aladdinsgirl).

[​IMG]

"We ate inside La Hacienda...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tacos de Carne

[​IMG]

Kids Chicken Fingers & Chips

[​IMG]

Churritos

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic and La Hacienda pics

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Jessica (FancyNancy) was also at Epcot today and had lunch at...

Liberty Inn

[​IMG]

"I had the Barbecue Pork Sandwich and didn't care for it but the 'Smores Mousse Brownie was really good."

[​IMG]

"April had the Chicken Nugget Basket with a Rice Krispy Treat for dessert. She loved both." :thumbsup2

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And this just in from Krista (aladdinsgirl).

She said, "I'll send a dinner text in a little bit, but I had to send this pic now. We got a funnel cake from the stand in America in Epcot after dinner. It's been pouring rain and there are tons of funnel cake pictures, so I was going to let it go. But Carter said, "Mom, take a picture!!!!" So here it is!" :)

[​IMG]

1 April Game Point Earned for funnel cake + 5 Bonus Points for Carter :thumbsup2

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Tonight we received auntfrannie's lunch update from AKL resort's...

SANAA

[​IMG]

Fran said, "It's been a very rainy vacation so far! Sanaa was the perfect break to escape the rain. I started with the Skinny Coconut Mojito. This was very light without being too sweet. Coconut vodka, coconut water, lime juice, mint and agave nectar."

[​IMG]

"For an appetizer, I tried the Chana Tikki....spicy chickpea cakes with tomato chutney. At first I couldn't taste any spiciness then it hit the back of my throat. There has a nice little burn to it but the tomato chutney cooled it down a bit. There was a sprinkling of cilantro that also added a kick."

[​IMG]

"I did the Slow Cooked with the spicy durban chicken and something new: sustainable fish with green curry. Today's fish was mahi mahi. The sauce was a coconut milk and tomato base. The fish was really good!"

[​IMG]

"Dessert was the banana kulfi sundae. The white base you see in the picture is actually banana ice cream filled with liquid chocolate. Strawberries and spiced cashews round out the sundae. This was a delicous treat!"

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And then we received an update from auntfrannie's dinner tonight at...

Flying Fish Cafe

"The Flying Fish is the only Disney restaurant that I always make a reservation for on every trip. The food and service are always excellent. Tonight was no exception!"

[​IMG]

"Tonight I started with their house made Bloody Mary. My sister had this on our trip last year and it really has a nice kick to it with the horseradish. They do not make theirs using a mix. It's a wonderful cocktail but I still prefer their martini with the blue-cheese stuffed olives."

[​IMG]

"For my appetizer I selected their Chef's Thunder Roasted Beet Truffle Tremor Goat Cheese salad with spiced pecans, oranges and truffle vinaigrette. I enjoyed the beets with the rich goat cheese."

[​IMG]

"I've always read excellent reviews for the Char-crusted NY strip with fingerling potatoes. It was excellent! The steak came with a sauce on the side but the steak really didn't need any sauce. The potatoes had a nice crunch on the outside but were tender inside. The only problem was the steak was huge! Way too big to finish and be able to enjoy dessert!"

[​IMG]

"The Flying Fish always offers a seasonal dessert. Tonight was Nuts About Chocolate Indulgence. I had to try it! Caramel chocolate with hazelnut praline mousse, candied pecan and butterscotch laced blondie, chocolate sorbet and candied marcona almonds. OMG! So rich and so good!"

5 April Game Points Earned

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in tonight were a couple of updates from Hannikins.

The first was a snack update from...

Sea World

Hannah said, "Today was a rain day at Sea World, it's just not stopped! We ended up grabbing an ice cream and a chocolate cake from the bakery and ice cream parlour to make the waiting for the rain to stop more appealing."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I'm addicted to the butter pecan ice cream you get here!"

[​IMG]

"The chocolate cake!"

1 April Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And then Hannikins said, "I've been pretty mainstream in the last few days at IHOP and the like so I haven't been bothering you with those! However tonight we went somewhere off property I struggled to find any reviews or information on during my planning so I thought I'd share!"

Cuba Libre
    at Pointe Orlando

"Cuban inspired cuisine."

[​IMG]

"They are also a rum bar so we sampled a few mojitos. We had blueberry, coconut, passion fruit and cherry. The blueberry was my favourite!"

[​IMG]

"We started with the bread service, which was a sort of pancake dough bread with a sweet and fruity mango butter."

[​IMG]

"We skipped apps and went straight to the Gaucho platter, NY strip, skirt steak, chicken, chorizo, shrimp and fiery onion rings with dip. This was amazing and far nicer than the selection we've had at Fogo de Chao and Texas de Brazil in the past."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Duche leche sponge cake. Juicy and filling!"

"This was one of our favourite meals of the holiday so hope I'm ok to share it!"