Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

And our last update sent yesterday was also from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "Before leaving AKL, we stopped at The Mara to grab a few things."

"My mom wanted something simple to keep in the room for later, so she got a kid's turkey sandwich meal."

"I got a container of hummus to keep in the room. This was one of my favorite bites when we stayed at AKL in August!"

"I also got a snack for later - the strawberry tart."

"The crushed pistachios were an interesting and welcome addition."

"Soon, we left AKL and headed back to Yacht Club."

"For us, AKL has the strongest lineup of restaurants out of all the resorts. Mara is one of our favorite quick service locations, Boma is one of our favorite buffets, and Jiko is one of our two favorite signatures (if not #1 at this point). As for Sanaa, that update is coming soon."

2 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and misc. other pics

Good morning everyone!

So the good news is that we received 25 updates yesterday!! :woohoo:

The bad news is that I have a busy day so I doubt that I will get them all posted today. However, they will all be posted eventually and I promise you that they are worth the wait. :thumbsup2

Ok, so let's get a few updates in before I have to leave for work, starting with our First Update of the Day sent to us by one of our Universal reporters, Indy Denise.

She said, "I spent the afternoon [on Sunday] at the pool just soaking up the sun and Redds Apple Ale . Then I met the DS and DD at Universal Studios for more rides and dinner."

Louie's Italian Restaurant

"I ate at Louie's which is a CS Italian place. I had the pepperoni pizza and side salad."

"Honestly this tasted like cardboard! I don't know how they did it but even the pepperoni had no flavor . I like a saucy pizza (for a saucy wench! :lmao:) and this had none on it that I could see."

"Brandon was smart. He walked to a food cart and got a turkey leg..."

"He said it was the best one he ever ate! And since he eats one during our travels/outings whenever he comes them across them that is saying a lot! I am hoping he hates Disney's otherwise it is going to turn into turkey leg extranzaganza! And I will have to use his CS credits on me! :laughing:
Fun facts : the BTG's are out in force and the kids have been great!"

"Also I got into a spat with a group of line jumpers on Forbidden Journey, which is the one ride Express Pass doesn't work on. I told you I was a saucy wench! I lost, they got past me. I am blaming the heat and the aching feet for my defeat!" :(

4 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Thank you so much for the water park update!! Thus will be our first time trying one, ( we are doing BB) and you are right ..... There are very few pics of them :)
No problem! And I hope you have a great time at Blizzard Beach - it's so much fun, whether you hit the thrill rides or not. :thumbsup2

Our next update was sent to us by emmebear & Emme from their Sunday morning at...

"We started the day with the princesses before having breakfast."

Then breakfast was at...

Emme had a blueberry muffin...

And emmebear had an iced Americana with toffee flavoring...

She said, "It's the only drink I will order from Starbucks. I was in dire need of caffeine and this had 2 shots of espresso. It was bitter. :( It needed more toffee, especially since they charged me extra for it."

"Then we started Sorcerer Mickey..."

"Korean dolls on "It's a Small World." Emme saw them and said "Ahn Young", which means hello/goodbye in Korean." :)

1 July Game Point Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, menus, display case, and pic of Emme at MSB and misc. other pics

And our last update sent yesterday was also from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "Before leaving AKL, we stopped at The Mara to grab a few things."

"My mom wanted something simple to keep in the room for later, so she got a kid's turkey sandwich meal."

"I got a container of hummus to keep in the room. This was one of my favorite bites when we stayed at AKL in August!"

"I also got a snack for later - the strawberry tart."

"The crushed pistachios were an interesting and welcome addition."

"Soon, we left AKL and headed back to Yacht Club."

"For us, AKL has the strongest lineup of restaurants out of all the resorts. Mara is one of our favorite quick service locations, Boma is one of our favorite buffets, and Jiko is one of our two favorite signatures (if not #1 at this point). As for Sanaa, that update is coming soon."

2 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and misc. other pics

I agree for overall experience (since it includes animals) Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best overall resort for restaurants overall (Dolphin being 2nd). Sanaa is my favorite restaurant at Disney World and might be my all-time favorite restaurant (bison masala and bread service OUT OF THIS WORLD)!!!!

Next updates in yesterday morning were from Couchy. On Sunday evening she and Wil had dinner at the...

Flying Fish Cafe

She said, "Dinner was at Flying Fish Cafe. It was wonderful. We split a half bottle of Stag's Leap Syrah to go with our cheese plate."

"The cheese plate and wine paired perfectly."

"DH had the Pork Three Ways, which he thought was perfectly amazing."

Trio of Heritage Berkshire-Kurobuta Pork - Grilled Pepperberry and Wattleseed-dusted Tenderloin, Slow-cooked Belly, Braised Shoulder-Mushroom Ragout with a Zellwood Corn-Goat Cheese "Pudding" and Rich Pork Jus

"I went a different route and had the Epcot Bibb Salad."

Epcot Land Pavilion Sweet Bibb and Red Oak Salad with Frisee, Radicchio, Farmer's Market Pears, Gorgonzola Dolce, Radishes, and Candied Walnuts, with a Artisanal Loire Valley Walnut Oil Vinaigrette

"Delicious."

"I also had the Signature Jonah crab."

Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake with Savory Vegetable Slaw, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, and Ancho Chile Remoulade

"This was good. It was not as good as the crab we had at Bluezoo, which had much bigger chunks but it was still very good."

Then Couchy also sent a breakfast update from Monday morning at DHS'...

Starring Rolls Cafe

She said, "This morning we had cheese danish and shockingly two double espressos." ;)

6 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

Yesterday morning dreamangelx and family had breakfast at...

"Boo had a frappe and said it was the best iced coffee drink I've had in years. It was light and refreshing and energized him for another day at the parks."

"My daughter and son had the Mickey pancake and they liked it."

Blueberry Granola Pancakes with choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage

"Boo had the blueberry granola pancakes an said it was just average and not what he expected. There were hardly any blueberries."

"My mother also had these and said they were very dry."

"I had this as well and have to agree that I have has better."

"He also had a side of bacon and said it was good. The chicken sausage was too herby."

French Toast Baklava - Grilled Fig and Anise Country Bread with honey, walnuts and cinnamon with your choice of bacon or chicken sausage

"My father and husband had the fig French toast and both liked it a lot."

Breakfast Skillet - served with eggs, Pequillo peppers, Nueske's bacon, onions, and Greek cheese on Sweet potato hash and topped with Arugula

"My brother had the skillet and felt like he was eating a garden." :laughing:

5 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for name, menus, and pics of Boo

Stephanie (SRiley1985) then sent us an update from their dinner Sunday at Magic Kingdom's...

Cosmic Ray's

She said, "We had Cosmic Ray's while watching the fireworks. We wanted Columbia Harbour House but they closed at 9:00, I guess. Cosmic Ray's was so busy. The CM's were running around like crazy."

"We both had the Rotisserie Chicken meal. It was really impressive. The green beans were the best part - seasoned perfectly with a nice crispy textures."

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. pic

Stephanie also sent us some updates from their day at Epcot, starting with a breakfast snack from...

Sunshine Seasons

"We split this shortcake. Delicious but way too small. We each got like 3 bites!"

"Then for lunch, we stopped at..."

"John had nachos with a mango soda. He loved the soda! I had a taste and it was definitely good."

"I had the nachos with no sour cream, a wild berry margarita and an ice water. I thought the chips tasted kind of stale and I've had better nachos at Applebee's, honestly. :( The margarita didn't really taste like wild berry. I took a few sips and threw it out. Loved the ice water though." :laughing:

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Next in yesterday were some updates from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "After getting back from Jiko, we relaxed in the room and watched parts of IllumiNations from our patio."

"Then I was going to head to DTD for the planned Dis meet, when I got a call from a 407 number. It was my mom telling me she couldn't find her phone. :( After freaking out for a bit, I remembered that we could track her phone using a certain app. This helped verify that her phone was still at AKL, and fortunately it was on the ground inside The Mara."

"Instead of heading to DTD, I decided to check out the expanded Boardwalk Bakery."

"I didn't know you could add grilled shrimp or chicken to the salads!"

"I'd already eaten the strawberry tart, but my mom felt like a sweet, non-pastry confection. That's why I headed here:"

"S'mores square - she enjoyed it!"

1 July Game Point Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

And another update from DonaldDoleWhip from Saturday.

"After riding Expedition Everest..."

"Kilimanjaro Safaris..."

"And Tower of Terror..."

"It was time to eat something. So I headed back to our room at Yacht Club."

"From there, I grabbed my Mara hummus and decided to enjoy it on the beach."

"A great snack with a great view!"

5 Bonus Points for misc. pics

And then this update from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "My next destination was World Showcase, with the primary purpose of trying two new locations in a certain pavilion."

"Oui, c'est la France! Allons-y! (High school French was one of my favorite classes)

"First stop - L'Artisan des Glaces."

"This place looks amazing. I love the cool color scheme, rustic decor, and playful use of dairy containers."

Menu

"I got the strawberry sorbet and melon sorbet. Both were smooth, fruity, and delicious, but I especially loved the melon."

"Instead of sitting outside in the sun, I stood inside Les Halles. The details in the seating area are great."

1 July Game Point Earned + 9 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Just wanted to say we're home! Sorry I've fallen behind in sending in updates. The wifi at Contemporary was really slow (so emails and iMessages wouldn't send properly), and then everything cascaded from there. The updates are coming, though. :goodvibes

Again, I want to thank Barb so much for putting up with my delay and continuing to share these updates (in addition to dozens of others each day!). My updates thus far haven't been too food-centric, but I promise there's some amazing stuff coming up. :thumbsup2

Mr. DDW you had such awesome updates. Thanks for sharing your photos. I especially liked the water parks pictures.

Thanks Barb for keeping up with the massive updates over the holiday weekend!! :goodvibes

Now we have emmebear's final update from her weekend trip.

She and Emme met up with Rachel & Corey at Magic Kingdom and they had lunch at..

"Actual touch screens that I can use myself like at Contempo Cafe. They still had a CM walking around to help but I was able to touch what I wanted to eat. The line moved so much more quickly than I am accustomed to."

"Emme and I split the turkey sandwich. I added all her toppings onto my half as she only ate the turkey. I loved the crunch of the red onions and the veggies."

"Strawberry cupcake we took to go. They were out of containers so I put it inside of a cup."

"We had a nice lunch with Corey and Rachel. Afterwards they headed bak to their hotel but got us some fast passes to use. That was awesome!" :thumbsup2

"Crowd getting ready for the parade..."

"Emme got soaking wet and I had no change of clothes so we bought a towel. Emme wore the towel for our remaining rides."

"Our farewell pose in front of the castle."

"We had a great time albeit short and Emme getting sick. Looking forward to August!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for sign, menus, pics of Emme and emmebear, and misc. other pics

And since that was emmebear's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Excellent Job!!! :thanks:

emmebear's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 105

Next some updates from one of our Universal reporters, SwirlyGirly.

The first one was from their lunch at Island of Adventure's...

"As usual, I couldn't resist ordering the tortilla chips. When I came to the US, 3 weeks ago, my thighs were living happily apart. Now, they slap each other with every step. I'm blaming the corn chips." ;)

"The chips were stale and the toppings were cold. For some reason, I ate them anyway." :confused3

"The margarita was yummy..."

"My daughter had the fajitas. She said they were good."

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Next were these snack updates from SwirlyGirly, the first from IOA.

She said, "We stopped off at a cart for some Butterbeer."

"Then we went to the new Simpson's Land at Universal Studios..."

"And had Mr. Teenies, Flaming Moe's, and Buzz Colas..."

"Then Anna and her friend bought a box of crickets (bacon and cheese flavored). She said they tasted like bacon and cheese flavored sunflower seeds."

3 July Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign and pics of kids

Then one more update from SwirlyGirly.

She said, "We snacked at the club lounge in the Royal Pacific tonight...

"We love the lounge here. We've stayed at all 3 Universal hotels and most of the Disney deluxes, and this is our favorite lounge. It is large, and we always meet up with friends whom we have stay club too, so the large lounge is a huge help. And the staff is fantastic! Just today, they've arranged allergy foods for my girls, reformatted my keys, helped with touring plans and let me pre-order champagne and desserts delivered to the lounge for this evening. So great!" :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned

Our other Universal reporter, Indy Denise, is also staying at the Royal Pacific and she and her kids had lunch poolside there yesterday...

She said, "We split the nachos and cheese quesadillas. They were actually pretty tasty. I even tried the guacamole and liked it. I've had guacamole only one other time in my life and thought it tasted like grass! I see what I have been missing now!" ;)

"Brandon thinks he is a movie star now that he made an Internet message board posting! :lmao: He now wants me to take photos of him eating!!"

"The other three pieces were grabbed before I could get a photo!"

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for the movie star ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter