Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Next we have keypooh90's update from their lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

Their first plates...

Second plates...

Side of mac 'n cheese

Not sure what this is??? :confused3

And desserts...

She said, "This has always been one of our absolute favorite meals. Among our favorite foods were the edamame salad, the sweet potato salad, roasted plantain salad, and cous cous salad. We also really enjoyed the ham, tilapia, spoon bread, key lime tart, and flan."

And last but not least...

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and pics of keypooh & DSis with characters

dreamangelx sent these updates yesterday afternoon.

She said, "We bought jalapeño cheese peanuts in Mexico @ Epcot last night. These didn't taste too much different than regular salted peanuts."

"This was a slice of pizza Boo had last night from the Boardwalk Pizza window which he doused in hot pepper."

Then on Sunday morning they had breakfast at Epcot's...

Sunshine Seasons

Here's what they had...

Breakfast Panini with Eggs, Bacon, Roast Pork, and Cheese, served with Breakfast Potatoes

"We all really enjoyed this."

"Boo had croissant blueberry bread pudding and enjoyed it."

Then their lunch was at...

Rose and Crown

Farmhouse Ploughman's Lunch - Carved Ham, Cheese, Roast Chicken, Egg, and Traditional English Accompaniments.

"I had this and when it first was presented to me I wasn't sure about it but ended up really liking t. The waitress described it as a buffet on a plate and that was the perfect description of it!" :thumbsup2

"My daughter had the children's macaroni and ate most of it."

9 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for Boo pics

Next we received the first updates from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World yesterday, Stephanie (SRiley1985).

She said, "After we checked in at AKL, we hopped a bus to Downtown Disney! We were starving after not having anything since 7:30 this morning."

"DH (John) had the Hawaiian BBQ sandwich."

Hawaiian BBQ - Grilled chicken, ham, Swiss, pineapple & Hawaiian BBQ sauce

The Full Montagu - Roasted beef, turkey, Swiss, sharp cheddar, lettuce, tomato & mustard sauce

"I had the Full Montagu, which was delicious as always. I'm pretty sure it's the bread - nice and crunchy but soft on the inside." :thumbsup2

"No dessert at Earl's though because I had something else I had been craving for months!"

"Yay!!! Heaven on a stick. Rice krispie treat dipped in white chocolate, rolled in Oreo and drizzled with milk chocolate.
So good, but so rich. I ate half though!" ;)

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for signs and pics of Stephanie and John

Then a little later we received this snack update from Stephanie.

She said, "I went downstairs to the gift shop at Jambo House to get a diet coke (I'm an addict :laughing:) and saw they have merchandise already that is dedicated to the MagicBand that isn't even in use yet. Crazy!"

"I tried to be good (I've had 3 diet cokes today already! ;) ) so I got a water and some Chip & Dale pretzels.
Not much to say about them except the package is cute." :)

"This is my view of the pool while eating my snack. Off to MK later when hubby wakes up from his nap!"

1 July Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for misc. pics

And sitting by that very pool at AKL yesterday afternoon was another reporter...

Rachel (rachel09985), enjoying her frozen Mango Margarita! ;)

But before her afternoon pool time, Rachel was at Magic Kingdom and had lunch at...

Be our Guest

"I got the Croque Monsieur. Delicious! Warm and gooey and the Strawberry cupcake for dessert. So good and light.
I love the mousse in the middle." :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned

Then a little later we received this snack update from Stephanie.

She said, "I went downstairs to the gift shop at Jambo House to get a diet coke (I'm an addict :laughing:) and saw they have merchandise already that is dedicated to the MagicBand that isn't even in use yet. Crazy!"

Man, for Disney's sake I really hope this my magic+ and these magic bands end up being as awesome as Disney is convinced they are! Otherwise they are going to look like fools!!!

Just wanted to say we're home! Sorry I've fallen behind in sending in updates. The wifi at Contemporary was really slow (so emails and iMessages wouldn't send properly), and then everything cascaded from there. The updates are coming, though. :goodvibes

Again, I want to thank Barb so much for putting up with my delay and continuing to share these updates (in addition to dozens of others each day!). My updates thus far haven't been too food-centric, but I promise there's some amazing stuff coming up. :thumbsup2

Man, for Disney's sake I really hope this my magic+ and these magic bands end up being as awesome as Disney is convinced they are! Otherwise they are going to look like fools!!!

With that said, I'm assuming Goofy, and Dopey were collaborative partners on the design of these crazy T shirts.:confused3:rotfl2:

Wow, merch for something that Disney hasn't even fully launched yet!!

Couchy's updates are making me want to stay at the Beach Club :)

Just wanted to say we're home! Sorry I've fallen behind in sending in updates. The wifi at Contemporary was really slow (so emails and iMessages wouldn't send properly), and then everything cascaded from there. The updates are coming, though. :goodvibes

Again, I want to thank Barb so much for putting up with my delay and continuing to share these updates (in addition to dozens of others each day!). My updates thus far haven't been too food-centric, but I promise there's some amazing stuff coming up. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the water park update!! Thus will be our first time trying one, ( we are doing BB) and you are right ..... There are very few pics of them :)

While I was at WDW I actually saw people using the magic bands! It looked really cool. I have to say though, using the RFID "turnstiles" and the touch to pay was definitely easier then i thought it would be. I liked using pin code instead of signing.

Starting where I left off with Rachel (rachel09985), who also sent us this dinner update last night.

She said, "Just left 'Ohana! Had a great meal, good as always. I still prefer the old salad and veggies but I still enjoyed the new things. I know this meal gets reviewed so much but I wanted to send anyways."

"Pork is still dry as usual."

"The first steak we got was incredibly fatty. It was indelible. I got worried for a moment."

"Obsessed with the shrimp and chicken."

"We had kids hanging out by us for those races."

"2nd steak a bit better."

"3rd steak was awesome!"

"Bread pudding was amazing as usual."

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of Corey

Next in last night was another update from Stephanie (SRiley1985).

She and her DH were at Magic Kingdom last night and got a snack from...

She said, "After we got to MK, we rode Pirates with no wait and then decided we needed a snack. I ordered a Citrus Swirl Float with Sprite. The CM apparently thought I was crazy because he asked me three times if I really wanted Citrus Swirl in it. :lmao: (It was delicious, btw. ;) )

1 July Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Then we have keypooh90, who was also at Magic Kingdom last night and had dinner at...

"My mom had the shrimp basket with fries and a coke..."

"My mom said "Columbia is always a favorite. It's fresh, hot and consistent."

"My sister had the fish and chicken nugget basket with fries and a Fanta..."

"My sister said "The fish was flaky and I love Disney chicken nuggets."

"I had the fish and chicken basket with apple slices and a lemonade slush..."

"This is one of my favorite quick service meals. I love the option to choose fruits or veggies as sides.
The lemonade slush was nice, cool and refreshing.

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pics of keypooh & DSis

One more of our reporters was also at Magic Kingdom last night and she and her family had dinner at...

Cosmic Ray's

Here is what they had...

Boo had a veggie burger...he said it was average with too much corn."

"My dad had pulled pork...he insists it is the best here."

"My mother had chicken nuggets and said they were better than McDonald's."

"I had the Greek salad... It is my favorite salad on property." :thumbsup2

"DH had ribs and chicken platter...it is the best thing to eat at WDW, he said."

"Later Boo grabbed these from Picabu [at the Dolphin] when they went for their midnight snack..."

"They taste like cookies...we all went nuts for them!"

3 July Game Points Earned

Now let's venture back over to the Dark Side with an update from one of our Universal Studios reporters, SwirlyGirly. After their delay at the airport, they finally arrived at Universal and had dinner at City Walk's...

She said, "We always eat here on arrival night because they have gluten free cheeseburgers!"

"And they let me order my burger extra rare! Today, it was simply red...just how this carnivore likes it!!" ;)

"My friend ordered the Fish Tacos. She wasn't thrilled with them as they weren't fresh and tangy like the ones at The Bula Bar (likely a future lunch!)"

"The verdict? Eat burgers and order margaritas and you'll be happy! Don't stray too far though!" :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of DD???

And that just leaves some updates from DonaldDoleWhip.

Following their lunch at The Wave on Friday, it was time to check in to the...

Yacht Club

"We had a great experience checking in with Sarah, and our room was actually an upgrade to a water view."

Room Service Menu Pics

5 Bonus Points for menu and misc. pics

DonaldDoleWhip's next update was from their return trip to the...

Contemporary's CL Lounge

He said, "Before dinner, we returned to the Atrium Club one last time to see the evening offerings."

Lobster Club with Candied Bacon and Micro Cilantro

Crab Cakes with Ravigote Sauce and Candied Bacon

Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet and Sour Sauce

"I really liked the sun-dried tomato pesto!"

5 July Game Points Earned

Next we have DonaldDoleWhip's update from his dinner on Friday at the Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

Menu

"A look at the restaurant."

"Bathroom Pics (sorry Rapunzel, but these bathrooms are better than yours)." ;)

"Our first bite was an amuse bouche containing phyllo dough, pear-cranberry chutney, and bleu cheese. Very flavorful."

"Jiko's bread basket with tandoori butter"

"To start, we shared three appetizers."

Jiko Salad with Heirloom Spiced Melon, Rocket and Mizuna, Peppered Chèvre, and Blackberry Vinaigrette

"This was amazing! I loved the tart dressing (which contained several blackberry pieces) paired with the sweet melon and creamy goat cheese."

Zanzibar Fish Stew with Mussels, Lobster, Market Fish, and Steamed Basmati Rice
(shown before and after the broth was poured in)

"Another winner! This was hearty and satisfying, with a touch of acidity from the lime."

"Mozambique-style" Tomato Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Peaches, Avocado, Mache, Arugula, and Feta Cheese

"So many amazing flavor combinations, all in one dish. Another phenomenal salad!"

"Our next dish was a surprise intermezzo, Guava-Ginger Sorbet."

"Wow! It had an intense guava flavor and super velvety texture! My first time tasting guava was in South Africa, and this sorbet brought me straight back there."

"For her entrée, my mom chose the Maize-Crusted Monkfish with Vegetables of the Moment and Tomato-Butter Sauce."

"I've always wanted to try monkfish, but I didn't think I'd have room for a full entrée. My mom let me try it, and it was fantastic. The tomato-butter sauce lived up to its name (it's so rich and buttery), but the fish was the star here. The veggies and watercress garnish further elevated the dish."

"My main course was the Crab Salad "Ghana-style"with Avocado, Hot and Sweet Peppers, Red Watercress, and Groundnuts."

"Again, I loved it. The crab was fresh, the avocado had a warm cinnamon flavor, and the peppers and watercress added unique pops of heat and bitterness."

"For dessert, we were both captivated enough by the sorbet to order our own bowls of it. My mom had two scoops of Guava-Ginger and one scoop of Strawberry-Berbere. I had the opposite. Both were very good, but the guava-ginger was heaven!"

"Finally, some Dark Chocolate-Pistachio Cookies to conclude the meal."

"I love these and could easily eat several of them."

"Taking into account every bite of food, we both felt like this was the best meal we've ever had at a Disney restaurant."​

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter