Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Hi Barb, maybe I've missed it since work got busy and (gasp!) I wasn't able to keep up with the thread!! Have you decided to keep the thread going past Sept?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in today were a couple of updates from Couchy.

First was of her breakfast this morning at DHS'...

Starring Rolls Cafe

[​IMG]

Double Espresso

[​IMG]

Wow, kudos to Couchy for going to Starring Rolls and coming out with only an apple! :thumbsup2

Then Couchy had her lunch poolside today at the Hurricane Hanna's bar...

[​IMG]

Seared Ahi Tuna with a green salad and olive tapenade

I couldn't find this item on any of the Hurricane Hanna menu so asked Couchy about. Apparently it is exclusive to the HH bar. She said she would get us a pic of the unpublished menu tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Couchy also sent us this bonus pic of Stormalong Bay...

[​IMG]

"My view from my bar stool."

6 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for SB pic

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next update was sent to us by JeannieKY.

She and Allison had breakfast this morning at the Polynesian Resort's...

[​IMG]

Jeannie said, "Breakfast at 'Ohana. ADR close to the end of breakfast. They had run out of leis so we skipped the photo op. Seated after a 5 min. wait with a view of the castle. Food was fresh and good. I love the juice here! Allison ate all of the cinnamon raisin bread and she isn't a breakfast person! Aloha! :wave2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a bonus pic overlooking the beautiful Polynesian lobby...

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Jeannie & Mickey, and misc. pic

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next let's check in with Rachel (rachel09985) & Corey.

They were at Magic Kingdom this morning and stopped at...

Main Street Bakery

[​IMG]

White Chocolate Mocha

"My favorite." :thumbsup2

"Then we went on Splash and I got soaked. I am still drying out."

[​IMG]

See what I mean about Rachel being photogenic? Soaking wet and still looks great! :thumbsup2

"Then we went to Enchanted Tales with Belle and Corey was the knight."

[​IMG]

Sir Corey ;)

Next stop was Gaston's Tavern for a...

[​IMG]

LeFou's Brew

"He really liked it."

I agree Linda, I think some Bonus Points are in order here. :thumbsup2

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pics of wet Rachel and Sir Corey + 5 Special Bonus Points to Corey for his "creativity" ;)

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Lisa (lisatav) was also at Magic Kingdom this morning and sent us a couple of updates.

[​IMG]

"First snack of the day."

She also stopped for a beverage snack at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My Caramel Macchiato was just as good as an actual Starbucks! :thumbsup2

2 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for signs, display case, and pic of Katie

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

JeannieKY was at Epcot today and sent us a lunch update from Mexico's...

[​IMG]

A menu pic...

[​IMG]

Jeannie said, "We both got nachos without sour cream or jalapenos and churritos for dessert. Allison got a mango Jarrito and I just had a diet coke. Nacho meat has a little kick. They are good. The churritos come with a caramel dipping sauce. A great QS lunch with a view! 2 thumbs up!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and view pics

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Back to Lisa (lisatav) now because I overlooked her update from this morning in my Inbox. Sorry Lisa!

She and her family had breakfast this morning at the Contemporary Resort's...

[​IMG]

First some buffet pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, buffet pics, and pic with Mickey

9. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

How had I never come across this thread before? It's wonderful!!!:love:
    Even if it's making me want to play with all my ADR's again:rotfl2:.
    This thread is extra torturous for me.. I want to be in Disney right now AND I'm starving. I had a wisdom tooth taken out today and I am stuck with soup and pudding:headache:
    I'm looking forward to reading more and seriously considering signing up to do Live updates on our December trip!!!

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up is an update from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World today, keypooh90.

Their first Disney meal was at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what her sister got...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"DSis with a Turkey Ciabatta with house-made chips and a Mickey crispie treat for dessert. Her drink was a coke with an orange juice for the room."

"She said "It's better than Kroger's sandwich."

This is what her mom got...

[​IMG]

"She had a Create your own Salad with romaine, chicken, mushrooms, corn, cucumbers, olives and blue cheese. Her dessert was a Magic cookie bar."

[​IMG]

"She said, "Deliciously filling and very fresh."

"The final picture is me with my meal. I had a Create your own Salad with romaine, chicken, garbanzo beans, peas, mushroom, carrots, cucumber, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing. My dessert was a magic cookie bar."

[​IMG]

"The salad hit the spot and was perfect in this weather! And the magic cookie bar is heaven on earth."

2 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and pics of keypooh and DSis

11. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

It happened to me and my family as well. The first time we had it the cookie part was very hard and ice cold. I couldn't figure out why everyone seemed to like this so much. :confused3 Then on our last trip in March we finally gave it another try. This time it was warm and ooey, gooey dessert perfection! :thumbsup2

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And speaking of the Ooey, Gooey Toffee Cake, Rachel (rachel09985) also had it during their lunch today at...

[​IMG]

But first let's see what entrees they chose...

[​IMG]

New England Pot Roast... Our Tavern Keeper's Favorite - braised beef in a cabernet wine and mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes and garden vegetables

Rachel said, "I had the pot roast. The veggies, mashed potatoes, and gravy were my favorite part. The roast was good but too much."

And Corey had the...

[​IMG]

Pilgrims' Feast - traditional roast turkey with herb bread stuffing, mashed potatoes and a garden vegetable

Now for dessert...

[​IMG]

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - vanilla cake with a gooey toffee filling, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce

"It was better than I thought it would be. The cake was like an undercooked cookie which is my fav. And by the way, our cake was not cold! It was warm and delicious." :thumbsup2

"My only negative here was that it was way too quick. We were in and out in a half hour. Our food came right out."

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Sorry, duplicate post

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have Wendydagny's update from their dinner last night at...

Flying Fish Cafe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blood Orange Margarita

"Tasty."

[​IMG]

Leek and Potato Bread

"Awesome."

For her appetizer, Wendy had...

[​IMG]

Orange-scented Roasted Roma Tomato and Fennel Bisque with Gulf Shrimp Fritters, Fresh and Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Leeks with Chive Creme Fraiche and Basil-Blood Orange Oil

"Delicious soup but the fritters should have been smaller and crunchier...they were so large the got soggy in the soup."

[​IMG]

"Kids both had fruit skewers and said the honey yogurt was gross."

[​IMG]

Vegetarian Sushi Roll with Silken Tofu, Avocado, Heirloom Radish and Young Carrot Roll, Cucumber-Seaweed Salad with Asian Chile Crema, and Piquant Mango-Sweet Yellow Pepper "Ketchup"

"DH ordered the tuna sushi and got the veggie one. I ended up not being at the table at delivery (on phone for work), so he ate it anyway and said it was very good."

"Entree for both kids was Beef Skewers..."

[​IMG]

Kids Grilled Beef Skewers with roasted red potatoes and vegetables

"Good quality meal that the kids enjoyed."

[​IMG]

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo:
    Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper

"I had the duo. The flavor of the steak was amazing, especially since I'm typically a filet girl. Only complaint is that they are skimpy with the veal reduction!"

[​IMG]

Fragrantly-spiced "Char-crusted" Yellowfin Tuna with Bok Choy, Lotus Root, Honshemeji Mushroom, Snap Pea and Snow Pea, and Tiny Asparagus Stir-fry, with a Thai Green Curry, Cucumber, Kaffir Lime and Lemongrass Infusion

"He enjoyed this very much for a non-seafood guy." ;)

Now for dessert...

[​IMG]

"The kids both had the Mickey cauldron...

[​IMG]

Sorcerer Mickey's Milk Chocolate Cauldron - fun "skewer" of fudge brownie, marshmallow, strawberry and Angel Food Cake

"Messy but delicious. My son was eating the extra chocolate with his spoon. Oops." ;)

[​IMG]

Trio of Concession Sweets: "Out on the BoardWalk"
    - Popcorn Mousse and Caramel Corn
    - Cherry-Limeade Popsicle
    - Strawberry-Raspberry "Hot Dog" with Pound Cake "Fries" and Raspberry "Ketchup"

"I had this mostly to show the kids. The popcorn mousse is one of my faves though! DD ate the popsicle, as it's too sour for me. They've swapped to a hot dog with a ladyfingers bun and raspberry frostingish "ketchup" and kiwi relish. Not as good as the burger they used to have IMO."

[​IMG]

"Nuts about Chocolate" Indulgence - Caramel Chocolate and Hazelnut Praline Mousse, Candied Pecan and Butterscotch-laced Blondie, Chocolate Sorbet, and Candied Marcona Almonds

"DH loved it and said it was the best dessert so far. Even though his initial reaction on delivery was "this is it?"

5 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

16. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

If you go to the Pop thread on the resorts board they have the new menu. IMO, the changes are not for the better but I haven't experienced them personally. All the reviews I've seen have been bad, though.

Great updates, everyone!

Lisa - Your little cousin is adorable in her princess dress.princess:

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then Couchy's DH arrived today and their first meal together was at Epcot's...

[​IMG]

Here's what they had...

[​IMG]

Bread and olive oil

[​IMG]

"Family Style" House Salad - leaf lettuces, roasted red peppers, marinated mushrooms, olives, peperonicini, and red wine vinaigrette

[​IMG]

"I had the sangria. Love this stuff." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

"DH had Italian beer. He loves it."

[​IMG]

"We split an individual pizza with chicken sausage and onion. I could eat this everyday. I love it."

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name/menu pic

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we received another update from keypooh90, this one from their dinner tonight at the Polynesian's...

[​IMG]

She said, "They had a special menu for the holiday with some regular items not available such as the pan Asian noodles and the Hawaiian flatbread but there were special items."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aloha Pork Sandwich - Pulled Pork with Barbecue Sauce, Asian Pineapple Slaw, Cheddar Cheese, Cucumbers, and Tomatoes served warm on a Pineapple-Coconut Roll

"For our meal, my mom had the Aloha pork sandwich with a side of chips, and a dole whip. She said "It was drier than in past years. It was ok. The dole whip was delicious as usual but too much food."

[​IMG]

Poynesian Salad with Chicken: Mixed Greens with Cucumbers, Golden Pineapple, Cherry Tomato, Blue Cheese, and Crisp Wonton Noodles, in a Citrus-Sesame Dressing

"My sister had the Polynesian Salad with chicken, with a dole whip. She said "I only got it because the noodles were not available. The taste was okay."

[​IMG]

"I had the Polynesian nachos with pulled pork, tomatoes, cheese, pineapple salsa, and a spicy mayo. This was by far the best of the night! It was delicious! I also had a dole whip."

[​IMG]

"Also due to crowds, the dole whip machine was not self serve."

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pics of keypooh and DSis

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then let's check in with Rachel (rachel09985) & Corey who ate at Magic Kingdom's...

Casey's Corner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rachel said, "We sat outside which I highly don't recommend. The birds are horrible and pooped all over. I had the hot dog with pulled pork coleslaw and BBQ. It was horrible. The bun was hard and too big and the pulled pork dry. French fries with fake nacho cheese was good though. Corey had a regular hot dog."

3 July Game Points Earned Earned

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Lisa (lisatav) was also at Magic Kingdom tonight and had dinner at...

Cosmic Ray's

[​IMG]

Greek Salad

[​IMG]

Chicken Breast Nuggets and french fries

And then it looks like Lisa got dessert from Aloha Isle...

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Lisa

21. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! Can't wait to start sending in some WDW updates. :goodvibes

Speaking of which - I hope my email went through, Barb! The travel pics aren't great, but I thought they were interesting enough to share. :)