Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Either will work for us. We are staying at the Beach Club, so Epcot would work or DTD . We are flexible with our plans on those dates:thumbsup2

Hi all! Just stopping in to say that I love this thread. I will be participating July 7-21 from Universal and Disney. I'll do a proper intro in July. Now...back to gawking at all the food!

We have received some updates from Tina (AlohaAnnie) today, beginning with our First Update of the Day.

Tina and her family spent the day yesterday at Magic Kingdom...

Here are their snacks...

Churro from Frontierland cart...

Vegetable Egg Roll and Corn Dog from Adventureland cart...

And then dinner was at Liberty Square's...

First a menu pic...

And the Kids menu...

They chose...

Fish Basket with fries

Shrimp Entree only

Chicken Breast Nuggets with fries

Tina said, "We closed down Magic Kingdom last night." :thumbsup2

4 June Game Points Earned + 9 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics, pic of Tina & kids, and First Update of the Day

Then today Tina & family were at Epcot, where they sent us these great updates...

Chicken nuggets and fries

"Allison lives off these." ;)

Spicy Chicken Sandwiches & fries (x 2)

Next stop was at Japan's...

Rainbow Kakigori with cherry

Then on to America's...

Frozen Blue Raspberry Slush

Another frozen treat from...

Frozen Coke

And then one more from China's...

Mango Green Tea Slush

And then while in China, they also visited...

Where they chose...

Beef Rice Bowl and Pork egg rolls

"This was terrible, it was like eating roast on rice. But the Pork egg rolls were good."

14 June Game Points Earned + 13 Bonus Points for signs, menus and pic of DS

Then tonight we received Tina's update from their dinner at the Polynesian resort's...

"View from our table."

'Ohana Welcome Bread

Mixed Greens Salad with a Lilikoi Dressing

Pork Dumplings with Sweet-n-Sour Sauce & Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings

Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce & Stir-fried Vegetables

Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces

Grilled Chicken

Char-Sui Pork Loin

Szechuan Sirloin Steak

'Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode topped with Caramel Sauce and Bananas

Ice Cream with sprinkles

2 June Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Our next update came to us from our West Coast reporter, MissPrice, who arrived at Disneyland today.

"The quaint Sleeping Beauty's Castle."

"Disneyland snack number one...

"Churro, so hot and delicious."

"My best friend Cassie with a Mickey ice cream sandwich. It was super frozen but once it melted a bit it was really good."

2 June Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pics of Amanda, Cassie and castle

Then back to Disney World and this beverage snack update from Tina (AlohaAnnie).

"This was very good. It was not a slush. It was pomegranate lemonade on ice. It was sweet but sour. I really enjoyed it."

"The kids and husband are Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom obsessed. So I just followed them around."

1 June Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

Way to go MissPrice! A churro and a castle! Great start to your trip. We may see you around we'll be there tomorrow night. ;)

Hi Everyone :wave2: I will be reporting from glorious Florida soon, I start my LOONNNNNNgggg drive down July 5. I am so not looking forward to it but I gotta get to Florida somehow.

My sis and her family (DH, DD17 DS16) , as well as my DH are flying down. My DS (17) and my DD ( 21 ) plus my mom ( 72 ) are driving so we can partake in the natural beauty of truck stops, roadkill, and overpriced outlet malls. :lmao: No, it was really to sneak in some Darkside time..I love me some Darkside!!

Here are my ADRS/Schedule: I am going to send updates from Universal, at least that is my plan. There won't be any fancy food reporting there, alas, since I think this will be more of a CS style trip.

July 6 Offsite by Universal
July 7 Onsite Universal RPH ( IOA/US)
July 8 Onsite RPH ( IOA/US )
July 9 ( IOA ) then move offsite to Residence Inn LBV
July 10 POR check in - Wishes Dessert Party
July 11 MK -Crystal Palace Dinner
July 12 Coral Reef Dinner
July 13 Mama Melrose Fantasmic Lunch, 50's Prime Time
July 14 Princess Dinner Akerhouse ( sp? )
July 15 Princess Breakfast Akerhouse ( sp again? ) , Chefs de France, OHana
July 16 Offsite maybe Seaworld.

And somewhere in there Drinking around the World. Barb, if my texts get a little slurry I promise you that I am not as think as you drunk I am . :lmao:

WHOAAAA NELLIE!! I sure change hotels. A LOT! I knew that, off course but to see it here makes me dizzy!!

I have to warn you that I KNOW I am going to have meal drama. I KNOW it as sure as I know that Brad Pitt is cute. EVERY STINKING time I go out for a meal with my sis something goes wrong. Raw food, Hairy food, Cold Food, bad service etc it WILL HAPPEN. Plus there are 9 of us and something is bound to go wrong, the odds are against us.

Anyway, it's nice to " meet" all of you! To Barb I have to say this "YOU ROCK and are totally Amazing, TOTALLY" ..and to my fellow July reporters Keep Calm and ignore the gal from Indiana that is passed out in Epcot Germany mumbling about 12 beers in 12 countries. (( just kidding, people..about being passed out that is, not about the 12 beers ))

Denise

Hi Everyone :wave2: I will be reporting from glorious Florida soon, I start my LOONNNNNNgggg drive down July 5. I am so not looking forward to it but I gotta get to Florida somehow.

My sis and her family (DH, DD17 DS16) , as well as my DH are flying down. My DS (17) and my DD ( 21 ) plus my mom ( 72 ) are driving so we can partake in the natural beauty of truck stops, roadkill, and overpriced outlet malls. :lmao: No, it was really to sneak in some Darkside time..I love me some Darkside!!

That drive is a lot of sacrifice for the darkside! We fly every time, but when I was younger my parents drove. Central Indiana to Orlando feels like it takes forever! You drive through KY and TN and are like "hey! This isn't too bad." Then comes GA, THE. LONGEST.STATE.EVER. :rotfl:

Have a safe trip! If you see me, say hi. I will be the girl from Indiana in Mexico mumbling about how I remember why I never drink tequila (after having too many margaritas in La Cava, of course!):rotfl2:

I'm going to post my dining plans also. Maybe it will keep me from changing my ADR's any more before we leave. (I need a support group for this, I think.:lmao:)

Sunday, July 7 - Drop kids off with my parents, eat some WPE at the airport, fly down, check into AKL. Dinner is at Trail's End.
Monday, July 8 - Check into BCV after breakfast at Boma, Lunch is La Cantina de San Angel, Dinner is Via Napoli.
Tuesday, July 9 - Breakfast from Pizzafari, Lunch is Flame Tree BBQ, Dinner is 'Ohana
Wednesday, July 10 - Breakfast is Main Street Bakery, Lunch is Be Our Guest (hopefully!), Dinner is Tutto Italia.
Thursday, July 11 - Breakfast is Starring Rolls (cupcakes!), Lunch is Sci-Fi, Dinner - I think we are going to go visit the Crew Cup at the Yachtsman.
Friday, July 12 - Breakfast - Brunch at Crystal Palace, Dinner is House of Blues
Saturday, July 13 - Breakfast is at the airport after ME drops us off :sad:

We received several updates today, so let's get started shall we? :thumbsup2

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by JennyWren.

She and her family had lunch yesterday at the Grand Floridian's...

Garden View Lounge

"This was Steven's request--he collects tea things, though he does not actually drink tea."

"Anna and I both chose the Princess Kate Tea..."

Princess Kate Tea - A Spring tea served with a classic dish of potted shrimp followed by a medley of cheeses, an array of seasonal fruits, and cheddar cheese biscuits. A scone, jam tart, and a selection of delicate pastries and is accompanied by a glass of Veuve Cliquot champagne and your choice of tea.

"Anna had the tuna poke and some type of rose tea, the name escapes me at the moment."

"While I chose the potted shrimp and Russian Earl Grey. They were both tasty."

Their 2nd Course - Fruit & Cheese Plate and Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

"Steven chose the Buckingham tea and Sprite. He surprised us by eating everything."

Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. (or other beverage)

Jam Tart and Scone with jam, Devonshire cream, and lemon curd

Pastry choices...

And one chose the fresh strawberries...

"The service was really great. They treated Steven well and made accommodations accordingly."

3 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Our next update in this morning was from Tina (AlohaAnnie).

She said, "One last snack update from last night. As we were leaving the Magic Kingdom, we stopped for popcorn and frozen orangeade. We took these back to our room for snacking."

1 June Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DH and menu

Tina also sent us an update of her breakfast snack this morning from Epcot's...

She said, "The family headed for Test Track and Mission Space. I went for Fast Passes for Soarin' and stopped at Sunshine Seasons."

Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding

1 June Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Next let's check in with our Disneyland reporter, Amanda (MissPrice).

She and her friend, Cassie, had dinner last night at Disneyland's...

Amanda said, "It was so beautiful in there. It reminded me of the Mexican pavilion at Epcot except with a bayou theme."

"This is the bread service..."

"Side salad with pecans, blue cheese, and vinaigrette. Very tasty."

"Cassie got the Surf and Turf..."

Surf & Turf - Petite Pacific Northwest Lobster Tail and Broiled Filet Mignon, Blue Bayou Au Gratin Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Bearnaise Sauce.

"She loved it. The steak was cooked very rare and she said it was extremely tender."

"I went with the Chicken..."

Tesoro Island Chicken - Pan-Seared with Boursin Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Spinach, Fennel Confit, with Roasted Shallot Reduction.

"It was served on top of sauteed spinach. The flavor was amazing. There was Boursin cheese in the sauce and that really gave it a nice kick."

3 June Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic

Then back to Tina (AlohaAnnie) at Disney World's Epcot, from which she sent us several updates this afternoon from various locations around World Showcase.

Fish and Chips x 2 for the kids

An inside look

Smile for the live thread Aaron! :thumbsup2

Next stop, dessert from France's...

Then on to Morocco's...

Vegetable Platter - Falafel, Tangierine couscous salad, hummus, tabouleh, lentil salad and marinated olives

"I loved the hummus and the marinated olives. Very good." :thumbsup2

And their last stop was at Mexico's...

Nachos - Corn tortilla chips topped with ground beef, nacho cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos, black beans and sour cream

"We ate inside La Hacienda de San Angel. I think it is wonderful that a portion of the restaurant is open for additional seating and the restrooms."

7 June Game Points Earned + 15 Bonus Points for signs, menus, two pics of kids, and misc. other pics

Next we have another update from JennyWren, who was at Hollywood Studios today.

She and her family had the Fantasmic! Lunch Package at...

For her appetizer, Anna chose the...

Oak-fired Mussels - Cooked in a spicy Tomato Butter with Grilled Onions and Herb Croutons

Steven chose the...

Crispy Calamari - topped with grilled peppers and onions, served with dipping sauces

And JennyWren had the...

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with Marinated Sweet Onions, Balsamic Drizzle, Basil-scented Olive Oil, and Sweet Basil Leaves

Then for their entrees, Anna chose the...

Wild Mushroom Flatbread with Roasted Cremini and Button Mushrooms with a Garlic-Shallot Spread and finished with Balsamic Reduction

Steven also had a flatbread...

Carne D' Italia Flatbread with Pepperoni, House-made Sausage, Pancetta, and spicy Marinara Sauce

And JennyWren chose the...

Pesce all' Acqua Pazza - Fish of the Day in a spicy Tomato Butter Sauce, Fennel, Peppers, and Tomatoes served over Basil Gnocchi Pasta

"Everything was excellent, however this restaurant is slow paced so we were there for almost 2 hours."

3 June Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu pics

JennyWren also sent a snack update from DHS.

From the cart outside the Great Movie Ride...

"A churro for Anna."

"And a Mickey pretzel for Steven. The pretzel was 'flap'-tastic." ;)

1 June Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Anna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter