Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

I'll be attending a conference at Disney July 13-18 and would be happy to send in pics if you still need people. We'll be at the Yacht Club and breakfast and lunch is provided so will be mostly dinners and snacks. Was kind of a last minute decision, so ADR at Yachtsman and winging it the other nights (which is so against my Type A plan it and book at the 180 mark personality)!

We are going back August 30- September 4 is need a live reporter. If someone else asks that hasn't had a turn, I can stand aside and let them do it. Just whatever you need !! :thumbsup2:)

I'll add you to the July list, ldnoggle, and Susan, I will add you to August. Thank you both for volunteering! :thumbsup2

DeeDee (buzz1121) sent us some updates this morning, the first one from their dinner at the Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

First some menu pics...

DeeDee said, "DD chose Jiko as our dining destination on Thursday evening. Our server was Ron and he was fantastic, knowledgeable and personable at the same time."

"DD and DS ordered the Kid's Cheese Pizza as their entree."

"I have had a bite of this pizza before and it is very good. I am a big fan of Jiko's appetizer flatbreads and the Kid's pizzas are made from the same flatbread base."

"DH and I selected the filet and subbed in mac and cheese as our side. Spoon bread souffle was listed as the featured side, but when I asked Ron how it compared to the mac and cheese, he advised me that nothing beat the mac and cheese."

"We ordered our steak medium well and it was butterflied for us. The steak and mac and cheese were delicious. I'm not a big fan of the thicker stalks of asparagus so I can't give any good feedback on it."

Next the dessert menu...

"DS and DD shared the Jiko "Fruit Fun" dessert....

Kids Jiko "Fruit Fun " - Push Pop and finger treats

"The push pop was banana flavored and they really enjoyed its taste and novelty. The watermelon and pineapple sticks were also well received and the presentation was so cute. I had the thought that I wouldn't mind ordering it myself." ;)

"DH ordered the Milk Tart...

Milk Tart with Gooseberry Jam and Goat's Milk Balsamic Ice Cream

"He thought it was surprisingly good."

"I ordered the white chocolate cheesecake...

White Chocolate Cheesecake with toasted coconut, Mango sauce, and Pineapple Chile Sorbet

"The cheesecake was light and creamy. The mango sauce was nice complement and the sorbet was refreshing."

"Ron brought a few of the complimentary chocolate cookies at the end of our meal. I had one of them and thought it was delicious. It had a dense chocolate taste."

"We all really enjoyed our meal!" :thumbsup2

3 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and 3 menu pics

Next DeeDee sent us a breakfast update from Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "Breakfast on Friday morning was a quick grab from Tomorrowland Terrace."

"DS had mini waffles with fresh blueberries and strawberries...

"The two waffles were devoured so I think it's safe to say he enjoyed them."

"I had the ham, egg, and cheese croissant...

"It was not nearly as good as the one that you were able to get at the Main Street Bakery. I found myself really missing MSB during our trip."

"DH and DD split the Pastry Duo, with DH eating the cherry danish and DD eating the chocolate croissant."

"DD loves WDW chocolate croissants but her favorites have powdered sugar on top. This was just that type so she was in croissant heaven!"

3 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Then one more update from DeeDee, this one from their lunch at Magic Kingdom's...

First the menu pics...

"DD chose Liberty Tree Tavern as a lunch repeat. She really wanted to duplicate her brother's cheese stick lunch from earlier in the week. And so DD and DS both ordered the appetizer cheese sticks for their entrees."

"As a side note, the kids do not eat this type of food at home, but when we are on vacation I let them have a little more room to just eat what they want. I like to do the same thing on vacation!" :thumbsup2

"DH and I selected the Colony Salad...

Colony Salad - Washington apples, sweet pecans and applewood smoked cheddar, dried cranberry Craisins, and grilled chicken tossed with field greens in honey shallot vinaigrette

"The salad was a great choice for us. I love the Colony Salad!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

And Amanda's offer reminded me that it's probably time to bring out the cheerleaders because...

:cheer2::cheer2: IT'S RECRUITMENT TIME AGAIN!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

So here are the dates which we could still use more live reporters:

July 31 - Aug. 7 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

So if you are planning a trip to either Disney World or Disneyland during any of these dates, please consider doing some live reporting. :flower3:

Hi all! My family will be heading back to WDW Aug. 4-10, and I would love to do live reporting again! We'll be at Yacht Club this time!

Sooooo excited! Is it summer yet? :D

Next in this morning was another update from MRYPPNS from their lunch today at Magic Kingdom's...

Plaza Restaurant

First some menu pics...

Here is what they chose...

Kids Grilled Cheese Sandwich & French Fries

Kids Cheeseburger & French Fries

Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on sourdough bread

Cheese Steak Sandwich - shaved beef, grilled with onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and white American cheese served on a hoagie roll

She said, "Best fries on property! Great place for lunch." :thumbsup2

3 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

Then we received another update from our new reporter, Jessica (FancyNancy).

She said, "Today we ate lunch at Blizzard Beach's..

Lottawatta Lodge

Here's what they had...

Kids Hot Dog Meal with french fries (water and cookie dessert in bucket)

Angus Bacon Cheeseburger with fries and chocolate cake for dessert

She said, "April's hot dog was "meh" but the burger was delish. We ended up splitting it."

Chicken Nuggets with fries and cheesecake for dessert

"Mom loved this meal. We would definitely eat at Lottawatta Lodge again!"

And then later a snack update from the...

Mini Donut Stand

6 Mini Donuts with sugar

"YUM!" :thumbsup2

10 April Game Points Earned (for first update from Lottawatta Lodge) + 1 Point for Mini Donuts snack

Next we have a couple of updates from our Universal Studios live reporter, Hannikins.

They had lunch at Universal Studios'...

Hannah said, "We went to Mel's Diner, had a cheeseburger and a milkshake each, much better than Disney burgers we thought on this occasion."

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Then for dinner, Hannah & Adam dined at the Portofino Bay Hotel's...

BiCE Ristorante

Hannah said, "Tonight we headed to Bice at the Portofino Bay Hotel but without a reservation on a Saturday we were looking at a 90 minute wait so we headed to the Thirsty Fish first for a Peroni or two." ;)

"Finally it was time to eat! We passed on apps and so we started with the bread."

"Two kinds of focaccia, one with olives and one without. The dips were tuna, olive oil and egg plant."

"We couldn't decide on a main so we both ordered a half portion of the two we fancied."

"Spinach tortellini, a lovely light sauce but with a rich filling."

"Pear and Gorgonzola pockets with a four cheese and sun died tomato sauce. VERY heavy and I didn't mange even a quarter of this, it was just too much and could have been in a lighter sauce."

"Gnocchi in a tomato sauce, very simple but very nice, you could tell it was fresh pasta."

"Seafood pasta, yummy with lots if seafood."

And for dessert they chose...

"Cannoli and pistachio ice cream, all nice but the ice cream was what stood out for us."

4 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Adam, and Thirsty Fish interior pic

And Amanda's offer reminded me that it's probably time to bring out the cheerleaders because...

:cheer2::cheer2: IT'S RECRUITMENT TIME AGAIN!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

So here are the dates which we could still use more live reporters:

Aug. 29 - Sept. 2 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

So if you are planning a trip to either Disney World or Disneyland during any of these dates, please consider doing some live reporting. :flower3:

We will be there Aug 31 - Sept 8 if you still need someone. It will be my first time being a live reporter but I enjoy reading the thread so much I thought it would be fun to contribute!

Now back to Disney World and the final updates from Rarity & her DSis.

She said, "We stopped for a snack in the New Fantasyland. I just had to get some Disney popcorn in a Dumbo bucket after seeing pics on the Disney Food Blog."

"DSis had a pork shank and some LeFou's Brew from...

Gaston's Tavern

Then later Rarity said, "This is the last of our food updates. It's something of a tradition to end our trips with an ice cream on Main Street."

"I had the peanut buttery goodness that is the Plaza's All-American Sundae."

All-American Sundae - old-fashioned vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream and a cherry

"DSis had a Mickey bar...

"She had three people ask where she got her treat." :lmao:

4 April Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign & menu pics

Barb, thanks for keeping this thread going! It seems to be a ton of work and I VERY much appreciate it. We're planning a December trip back to WDW and hopefully I'll be able to improve on my dining report skills by then!!

And thanks to all of the contributors - I could look at Disney food all day!

:lovestruc:lovestruc

And since we have received Rarity's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!! :thanks:

Rarity's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 76

If you still need someone for May 20-24, I'll volunteer.

Yes we do! I'll send you a PM with my info for sending your updates. :thumbsup2

We will be there Aug 31 - Sept 8 if you still need someone. It will be my first time being a live reporter but I enjoy reading the thread so much I thought it would be fun to contribute!

I haven't yet decided if I want to continue past the first few days of September, but I will put you on the Aug. list and let you know when it gets closer to that time. Thanks so much for volunteering though!

Next in today was Jessica's (FancyNancy) dinner update from Downtown Disney's...

Wolfgang Puck Express

She said, "For dinner my mother and I shared the roasted turkey sandwich and the bacon wrapped meatloaf at Wolfgang Puck Express."

2 April Game Points Earned

Now back to Disney World and the final updates from Rarity & her DSis.

She said, "We stopped for a snack in the New Fantasyland. I just had to get some Disney popcorn in a Dumbo bucket after seeing pics on the Disney Food Blog."

"DSis had a pork shank and some LeFou's Brew from...

Gaston's Tavern

Then later Rarity said, "This is the last of our food updates. It's something of a tradition to end our trips with an ice cream on Main Street."

"I had the peanut buttery goodness that is the Plaza's All-American Sundae."

All-American Sundae - old-fashioned vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream and a cherry

"DSis had a Mickey bar...

"She had three people ask where she got her treat." :lmao:

4 April Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign & menu pics

MUST HAVE THAT POPCORN BUCKET!!!!!!!!! pixiedust:

Finally made my way over to the new thread!

I'm sad to see the new look of the cheesecake brownie at BW Bakery...but as long as it still tastes the same, I guess I would be ok with that.

The lobster sandwich from BW Bakery...oh goodness, that sounds like something I would love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter