Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now we are going to switch gears and travel out to the West Coast for a surprise update from our Disneyland Resort live reporters, 1coolnini and 1coolpapa. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

Greetings from California Adventure! This morning 1coolpapa and I headed over to DLR to try and straighten out the problem with our premier AP's. Last weekend they scanned as invalid and this week they scanned, but 1coolpapa's photo is on my pass ( you need photos on your AP's at DLR) and my photo is on his!" :upsidedow

[​IMG]

"It wasn't too crowded this morning, in fact we practically walked on to Soarin' and a short 25 min wait for Toy Story Mania. We decided to head to the Pacific Wharf area for lunch. BTW check out the clouds. We are currently in the "June Gloom" weather pattern with overcast skies and cool mornings. Thankfully we see the sun by about 2 pm."

[​IMG]

"They serve yummy soups and salads in sourdough bread bowls."

[​IMG]

"Ha! Another view of our clouds. Proof positive it isn't always sunny in California." ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"This looked good to me."

[​IMG]
    Veggie chili for me and Asian Chicken salad for 1coolpapa.

"Veggie chili for me and Asian Chicken salad for 1coolpapa."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Pacific Wharf (where we ate) is on the left. You can see Radiator Springs in the background."

[​IMG]

"You know by now we can't go to DLR without getting a frappucino . This is the subtle Starbucks logo." :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe

A look inside...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"They have salads, sandwiches and a full Starbucks menu."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Coffee crumble and Caramel crunch. So good, even if it is a chilly 68 degrees outside." :thumbsup2

4 June Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and misc. pics

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

It makes me so happy to see pics from DL (even if the weather is grimmer than usual). Those sourdough bread bowls always look great - they're just another awesome example of DL quick service food. :goodvibes

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in yesterday were three updates sent to us by DisneyMamato4.

First was a breakfast update from Epcot's...

Sunshine Season's

Here is what they had...

[​IMG]

Adult Breakfast Platter with Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, one slice of French toast, biscuit.

[​IMG]

Strawberry Shortcake

[​IMG]

Breakfast Panini with Eggs, Bacon, Roast Pork, and Cheese, served with breakfast potatoes

"The panini was excellent." :thumbsup2

2 June Game Points Earned

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we have DisneyMamato4's lunch update from Friday at Epcot's...

Via Napoli

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She said, "I went to walk the baby around and came back to this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I guess it was good." :lmao:

2 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. pics

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then yesterday DisneyMamato4 and family were at Magic Kingdom and had lunch at...

Casey's Corner

[​IMG]

Looks like one plain hot dog, one Chili Cheese Dog, and one Barbecue Slaw Dog (topped with pulled pork, cole slaw and barbecue sauce)???
    Oh, and two big bags of cotton candy too. ;)

Then a snack update from...

Sunshine Tree Terrace

[​IMG]

Citrus Swirl - orange slush with vanilla soft-serve ice cream

"Amazing!!!" :thumbsup2

4 June Game Points Earned

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from disnmooner2013 from his dinner last night at the Beach Club's...

[​IMG]

"My wife had seafood paella, clams, Mac and cheese and crab legs."

[​IMG]

"I had crab legs, paella, pasta and salmon on one plate, and Caesar salad pepperjack cheese cubes and hummus and bread on my other plate."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Last in yesterday were some updates from tammilynne, who spent the day at Magic Kingdom.

First was a snack update...

She said, "It's storming, so we are taking an ice cream break under a snack shop at the entrance to Fantasyland."

[​IMG]

"Then later we used some quick service credits at...

Casey's Corner

[​IMG]

"My youngest had the corn dog nuggets with fries and a bottled water and for dessert cotton candy."

"The rest of us ate at...

Pecos Bill

[​IMG]

"My oldest and DH had the burger, fries and chocolate cake."

[​IMG]

"I had the taco salad. This was good and I loved all the toppings. For dessert I had carrot cake."

7 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DS

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then tammilynne's last update was from their dessert last night at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

[​IMG]

Here is what they had...

[​IMG]

Triple Chocolate Cupcake

[​IMG]

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake

[​IMG]

Passion Fruit Cream Puff

"My youngest didn't get anything. He said nothing looked good."

[​IMG]

Kronenbourg 1664

[​IMG]

All-natural Lemonade with Wildberry Foam

"We were tired and wet but had a 9:10 reservation and hated to cancel. It was a fun experience and I am glad we went."

1 June Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. pic

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Let's move on now to today's updates, beginning with our First Update of the Day sent to us by disnmooner2013.

This morning he and his wife had breakfast at the Polynesian Resort's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My wife had Tonga Toast and a Raspberry Smoothie. I had the Samoan and a diet Coke. It was YUMMY."

[​IMG]

Then later he sent an adult beverage update from the Wilderness Lodge Resort's Pool Bar...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White Sangria

3 June Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for signs, Kona menu, and First Update of the Day

11. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

Love the DLR updates. We are going tomorrow for the, sniff :worried:, last time for awhile. Our AP expire tomorrow and I'll have to take a break before getting them again-so much $$ :sad2:

Anyway, Pacific Wharf Cafe is one of our favorite places for lunch. However, we do something different-we usually get the Asian Salad and have it served out of the (bread bowl). The salads have the larger bread bowl than the soups do. ;) Sometimes we will also have them slice the bread (if they ask). This way 3 of us (either my DM, DD13 and myself or one of my DSis, DD, and myself) can eat for under $10. (water). If the CMs don't offer butter, just ask. They keep it at the registers.

Here's what we had there last week (and maybe again tomorrow?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sometimes we don't finish all the bread but that's okay-the CM's give you a plastic bag to carry it in.

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in today was the first update from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World this morning, Becky (BlovesC).

Becky said, "Hiya Barb! We checked into Pop super early, did some swimming, then hit the bridge to AOA for lunch because of all the horrible things we've heard about Pop's food court lately."

"The bridge between Pop and AoA is lovely, btw!"

[​IMG]

"It's a lovely 5 minute walk between resorts, which is great, two food courts for the price of one!"

Landscapes of Flavor

[​IMG]

"We both got the Make your own Pasta! This is mine: bowtie pasta with pesto sauce, shrimp, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes. Lovely taste! Deceptively HUGE serving!"

[​IMG]

"Charlie chose linguine with Alfredo sauce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, olives, and chicken and gave it a big thumbs up!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

"I also got this gorgeous fruit tart...the fruit gets an A, the tart gets a D. Totally tasteless! Don't judge a book by its cover!" ;)

[​IMG]

"Charlie in his awesome Disney hat that makes him look like a retiree ;) and both bowls because he finished my pasta for me!"

2 June Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for bridge pic and pic of Charlie

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting your pics...the salads look delicious! Hope you enjoy your day there tomorrow, and don't forget to take pictures. ;)

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in today were a couple of updates from dutchdisneyfamily.

The first was from their dinner last night at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

[​IMG]

Here is what they had...

[​IMG]

Rotisserie Semi-Boneless Cornish Hen with roasted fingerling potatoes and seasonal vegetables

[​IMG]

Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic-Herb Butter and Pommes Frites

[​IMG]

Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops with Seasonal Vegetables and Mushrooms served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce

[​IMG]

Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop with Au Gratin Macaroni, seasonal vegetables and red wine au jus

And their desserts...

[​IMG]

"The Grey Stuff for our anniversary."

[​IMG]

Chocolate Cream Puff

[​IMG]

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake

[​IMG]

Triple Chocolate Cupcake

[​IMG]

Lemon Meringue Cupcake

"Our meal was amazing from start to finish."

2 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

dutchdisneyfamily also sent us an update from their breakfast this morning at Animal Kingdom's...

Tusker House

Here were some of their choices from the buffet...

[​IMG]

Sausage gravy & biscuit, ham frittata, bacon, mealie pap, tater tots and Mickey waffle

[​IMG]

Cherry turnover, fruit and nut bread

[​IMG]

Basmati rice, ham with mustard sauce, cheese blintzes and Mickey waffle

[​IMG]

Bread pudding and croissant

"Great food!" :thumbsup2

3 June Game Points Earned

16. 1coolnini

1coolnini Mouseketeer

Good idea about the bread bowl. We usually only eat a bite or two of the bread anyway ( it is delicious, though). Too bad your pass is going to expire. Our expired during our WDW trip. We were going to let it lapse for a few months, but when we found out we could put the cost of our WDW 10 day park hoppers towards the price of a premier pass the renewal was less than the price of a premium, so we did it. So glad we did it before the prices went up.

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Becky (BlovesC) and Charlie also went to Animal Kingdom this afternoon and sent us a couple of snack updates.

She said, "In AK, and can I just say that if you sit stone faced during Festival of the Lion King I will judge you as having NO SOUL? :sad2: Anyway stopped for a white chocolate elephant cupcake from Kusafiri!"

Kusafiri Bakery

[​IMG]

White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake - Rich Chocolate Cake filled with Chocolate Cream, topped with a light Buttercream Frosting and Toasted Coconut

[​IMG]

"Cross section! It's been a couple years since we've had this cupcake and it wasn't as good as I remember."

[​IMG]

"And that lollipop tasted like paste. I'm not a big white chocolate fan though so I'm probably judging harshly. ;)
    Btw, it is kiiiinda hot today!" :scared:

Then later Becky sent this...

[​IMG]

"Boring photo, but this is frozen light lemonade from a stand in AK. Frosty, tart, sugar-free, and refreshing!"

2 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Becky

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in yesterday was the first update from a new reporter who just arrived at Disney World, Cindy (cindymindy).

She was at DHS yesterday and had her first meal at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cindy said, "I had the turkey and cheese sandwich with fries. The turkey was very moist and the red peppers gave it a refreshing kick!"

[​IMG]

"My husband Robby got the Angus burger with onion straws, cheese, and bacon with fries and cheesecake for dessert. He loved the burger, especialy the house sauce!"

[​IMG]

"We also had to get the Darth Vadar cupcake since it is Star Wars Weekend! He got a little overheated, as you can see!"

"Then we were lucky to be able to have a "show" during lunch! The Jedi Training Academy was going on next to us and we saw many mini Jedis defeating Darth Vadar!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We ended our afternoon by quenching our thirst with a Dark Side and Force specialty drinks!"

[​IMG]

4 June Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Cindy & Robby, and misc. pics

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now we have an update from tammilynne, who was also at DHS and had lunch at...

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater

She said, "We had a 11:25 reservation here but went at 11:00 and checked in and were seated immediately."

Here's what they had...

[​IMG]

Fried Dill Pickles served with spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce

"Fried pickle appetizer -- perfect! Crunchy and the dipping sauce was spicy and good."

[​IMG]

Flame-broiled New York Strip Steak with french fries

"Oldest son chose the steak. He hesitated and almost went with the burger since the steak at Mama Melrose was such a disappointment but went ahead and gave it a try. He loved it! Ate every bite! He subbed fries for the mashed potatoes and veggies."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicken BLT (minus the lettuce and tomato) served on crusty French Roll with french fries

"Youngest son went with the Chicken BLT - plain and dry. He ate every bit of it."

[​IMG]

Smoked Turkey Sandwich - Smoked Turkey, crispy Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with Avocado Mayonnaise on Multigrain Bread with french fries

"I got the smoked turkey sandwich. loved this. I subbed fries for the cucumber salad."

[​IMG]

"I also had the cherry coke with my meal!"

[​IMG]

The Reuben - Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss, and Thousand Island Dressing on Marble Rye Bread served with Pickle Spear and French Fries

"DH got the Reuben. He was pleased with it."

[​IMG]

Out-of-This-World Turtle Cheesecake with Heath Bar, Pecans, Chocolate Chips, Caramel Sauce, and topped with Whipped Cream

"Oldest son got his dessert with his food (chocolate shake). DH and youngest son had vanilla shakes after there meals and I had the turtle cheesecake."

"This was probably our favorite meal of the trip. This was our 3rd visit to Sci-Fi and we are never disappointed!!" :thumbsup2

And then tammilynne sent us this bonus pic...

[​IMG]

2 June Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DS's

20. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

I always do! My family doesn't even comment on it anymore.;)

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in yesterday was a short update from dutchdisneyfamily from their dinner last night at POR's...

Riverside Mill

[​IMG]

"Two of us had the ham meal."

"DH had a bacon cheeseburger. I had apple cobbler a la mode." (no pics sent)

2 June Game Points Earned