Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

#4 aladdinsgirl

Krista & her DH, Stephen

And their son, Carter.

Krista, Stephen and Carter were at Disney World from 4/30 - 5/11 and scored 196 points with the many updates she sent us during their trip.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from her updates:

"My son's (Carter) plate. Mickey waffles, pancakes, watermelon, croissant, and cinnamon roll. Plate 'o carbs!!"

"Cheese blintz with cherry topping, doughnut holes, and chocolate croissant."

Polynesian Pool Bar

Mai Tai (left) & Zombie (right) - a powerful blend of Myers dark rum, apricot brandy, fruit juices, a dash of grenadine and topped with Bacardi 151

"The view!!!"

Barbecue Chicken Flatbread

Caprese Flatbread

"Slow Cooked Crispy Ranch Chicken. This was so good. I rarely order chicken at restaurants because I eat it so much at home. I am so glad I got this, it was so moist and tender. I usually get the salmon here, but I didn't miss the salmon one bit while eating the chicken!"

"Berry Cobbler. Wonderful as always!"

Tacos de Carne

Churritos

She said, "I'll send a dinner text in a little bit, but I had to send this pic now. We got a funnel cake from the stand in America in Epcot after dinner. It's been pouring rain and there are tons of funnel cake pictures, so I was going to let it go. But Carter said, "Mom, take a picture!!!!" So here it is!"

Sticky Bun

Bacon Egg Biscuit, Rum Raisin Twist, and Mickey Chocolate Chip Muffin

Krista said, "I had the twist. It was okay, the sticky bun the other day was MUCH better!"

Crab Legs, Mashed Potatoes, Fish Nuggets, Red Potatoes, Corn Bread, & Salmon

Krista said, "I love Cape May. I don't even really like seafood that much and Cape May is my favorite restaurant. I can eat my weight in their salads."

Carter with his desserts: Brownie, Vanilla cupcake, Sugar cookie, and Chocolate chip cookie

She said, "This morning I dined with Jack!"

#3 1coolnini

"1coolnini & 1coolpapa's first visit to the Magic Kingdom. Yay, we made it!"

1coolnini & 1coolpapa were at Disney World from 5/17 - 5/27 and scored 227 points with the many updates that they sent us during their trip.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from their updates:

Starring Rolls Bakery

"She said, "We were hungry and looking for a little something to tide us over until lunch...

"Looks good, but we didn't get this."

"Hmmm, this looks good, but not exactly what I wanted."

"Ahhhh, a Butterfinger Cupcake. Yep, this is what I want."

And a look inside...

"Bucket of fried chicken. 1coolpapa said it was tasteless, I thought it was okay."

"They also brought out ribs, mashed potatoes, corn and beans (yum)."

Then for their entrees, 1coolnini had the "Surf and Surf"...

Pan-roasted Pesto-glazed Epcot Striped Bass and Lemon Myrtle-scented Gulf Shrimp, served with Spring Garden Vegetable Fricassee, Roasted Pine Nut and Herb-laced Exotic Wild Rice, Sun-dried Tomato Coulis, and Meyer Lemon-Basil Oil

"It was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the bed of veggies, pine nuts, and exotic rice that it was served on. Excellent!"

1coolpapa chose this for his entree...

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo: NY Strip Steak & Red Snapper
Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak (with Fingerling Potatoes, Hericot Vert, young carrots, and Bermuda onions with Classic Sauce Foyot) and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper over a rich Leek Fondue with a Veal Glace de Viande, Red Wine-Cassis Butter reduction

"He said it was excellent and I believe him because he cleaned his plate."

Writer's Stop

"1coolpapa would've given the cookie 2 thumbs up...but he had the cookie in a firm grasp with his other hand!"

Zebra Domes

And then they had lunch at a place which is open seasonally...

"Check out 1coolpapa's shirt. It is a special shirt for the 24 hr. event. They were flying off the shelves."

"I had the Taco Salad...

Taco Salad - Crisp Flour Tortilla with Seasoned Beef

Restaurant Marrakesh

"We started with the Appetizer plate for 2...

Appetizer Combination for Two - Beef Brewat Rolls, Chicken Bastilla, and Jasmina Salad

"The salad was great. I would've loved a plate all to myself. The other items were chicken and beef and flaky dough with sugar and cinnamon. Very interesting. I preferred the chicken to the beef."

"I had the Chicken Kebabs with fruit couscous...

La Cantina de San Angel

"For dessert I had a lime Popsicle. It was cold and sweet."

'OHANA

"Next up...Potstickers and chicken wings."

"So yummy. 1coolpapa kept saying how he loved the potstickers."

"Next was veggies and noodles, also very good."

"Then the meat skewers began to arrive is quick succession . Chicken, pork, steak and shrimp. 1coolpapa felt the meats were overcooked and dry but he loved the shrimp. I only ate the chicken and shrimp and I thought they were both great."

#2 AvasMommy526

Nicole, Jeff and Ava were at Disney World from 5/21 - 5/27 and scored 232 points with the many updates that they sent us during their trip. In addition to celebrating Ava's birthday at Disney World, Nicole & Jeff were married during their trip.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from their updates:

Cinderella's Royal Table

"For my entree, I had the the Gnocchi with roasted vegetables."

Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables - Eggplant, Mushrooms, Onions, and Squash tossed with Gnocchi, Arugula, Pesto, shaved Romano, and splash of Aged Balsamic

"The gnocchi dish was wonderful! It was perfect, I ate so much yesterday but I liked it so much I kept going!!"

"Oh, and here's a bonus photo. It's not food related but I think some people may get a kick out of it... I stated that this ride photo pretty much sums up our lives..." :lmao:

Chef Mickey's

"I had the vegetable quiche, biscuits and gravy, cheesy potatoes (yum!), turkey hash, croissant and a Mickey waffle topped with caramel sauce on top of bananas in strawberry sauce, delicious!!!!"

"Ava got a birthday cupcake from Mickey too!"

Starring Rolls Cafe

It looks like Ava enjoyed it!

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater

The "soon-to-be married", Nicole & Jeff

Crystal Palace

The Birthday Princess

Ava ready for her day at Animal Kingdom

Rose & Crown

"We ordered drinks and split the fish 'n chips and the cheese trio which was English cotswold with chive with pickle, a cheddar with some sweet glazed onions and a bleu with glazed walnuts and cranberries!"

"Truthfully, it was probably the best fried fish we have ever had! I've been to England and I think this was better! It was so light and flaky, perfect! The cheeses were delicious too!

"Then France to get my long awaited Grey Goose Slushie, I went for the regular with cranberry and Jeff got the Grand Marnier one! We both loved them!! I could have drank a couple more but we had dinner coming up."

And it's none other than... La Vie en Rose!!
(apparently held over from the F & G Festival booth and now available at the permanent kiosk in France)

'OHANA

"We started with some drinks. I got the Lapu Lapu, it was strong! But I really enjoyed it and once it was stirred up, it went down smooth!"

"I don't eat pork but everyone else loved the pot stickers, especially Jeff! Out came the noodles and vegetables but I forgot to take a pic because we all went for them and again loved them."

Hollywood & Vine

"And a birthday cupcake and card for the princess!!"

And here's my second favorite picture from Nicole's last update...

What could be better than that, you ask???

Well here it is, my favorite...

To be continued...

And of course my favorite update received from Nicole was the one from her wedding day.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from that very special update:

The Happy Bride & Groom

Nicole said, "Our wedding was yesterday and it was amazing!!! The day was beautiful and our dinner was wonderful! We are so happy, it was such a wonderful two days with Ava's birthday and the wedding."

Their wedding dinner was held at the Universal Studios Portofino Bay Hotel's...

And for their dessert...

"Our cake was a red velvet with Oreo cream cheese filling and buttercream icing!
Again, just wonderful! It was a beautiful day." :)

And then the best picture of all...

So you are all probably wondering who could have possibly scored more than 232 points???

Well our winner actually scored 40 more than that and did so single-handedly.

Our Top Scorer in the April/May Game and winner of a (no expense) paid trip to Disney World, which must be taken during the the first weekend in December is...

#1 smile4stamps

Paula took a solo trip to Disney World from 5/25 - 6/2 and during that time scored 272 points with the many updates she sent us.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from her updates:

Plate of Tea Sandwiches and a small sweet onion tart

"I did not get the salmon one and instead got two pear. But ironically the chicken curry and the cucumber ended up being my favorite."

Next Paula received a little birthday surprise...

"The hostess also sang "Happy Birthday" in Spanish to me. My birthday is in 3 weeks but this is as close as I'm gonna get to being here for it."

50's Prime Time Cafe

"I got a present!"

"And I went with the brownie sundae with half vanilla and half mint chip. It was huge!! I did not finish it all!!"

She said, "Well this is a fun morning...

"Completely and totally soaked...And my clothes are in transit from POR TO SWAN! The soaking happened when it was downpouring on Splash. So I decided to get a snack I've been wanting to try forever."

Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

"This was REALLY good! I enjoyed it a lot. The sweet waffle with the Nutella and really fresh fruit was yummy!!"

"For my appetizer there were a few things that looked really good but since I was cold I went with the..."

Corn and Smoked Cheddar Soup topped with Applewood-smoked bacon and Popcorn

"The soup was really good if you like cheesy soups...the popcorn on it was a bit weird but the rest was wonderful."

Next Paula had the...

Tuna Melt on Sourdough Bread with Vine-ripened Tomatoes, extra sharp Cheddar, Arugula, and Herb-Olive Oil

Smile for the camera...or NOT.

Ahhh, there's a smile!

And here's an even bigger smile...

Paula's Choice: Caramel fleur de sel with Whipped Cream Vodka

VIA NAPOLI

Paula started with a pitcher of red sangria...

Hmm...will Paula be able to drink a whole pitcher all by herself???

Salute!

"I may be stumbling back to the boat to get me to the Swan!"

And so how did Paula do with her pitcher of sangria?...

But wait, does the "water" in Paula's water bottle look rather purple to you?

Tamarind-grilled Pork Belly with Mascarpone Spiced Cream Corn

"This was AMAZING! I'd order 3 of those as my dinner!"

She chose the...

Crisp Breads and Dips - Assorted Breads served with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Baba Ghanoush

Great recaps of the winners! I was so proud of our April total until we started seeing the May totals! They did a great job

My total in July is going to be like 10 points! Lol! I always forgot to take phone pics and camera pics!

That's all for tonight folks but be sure to check back tomorrow when I'll get back to our regularly scheduled programming and try to get caught up with posting the more than a dozen great updates received today. :thumbsup2

I also loved the top 5 countdown! Not only to see some of these awesome updates again, but also to catch things I must've missed the first time around. :thumbsup2

The surf and surf at Flying Fish sounds fantastic, and it was nice seeing the pics from Marrakesh again (one of our favorites that we haven't been to in years). Nicole and Jeff's wedding pictures are still wonderful, along with Ava's birthday pics (the Crystal Palace pics are so cute!). I must've missed the Buzz Lightyear one - hilarious. :laughing: The salted caramel ice cream martini - wow (again!). And then the Via Napoli sangria pitcher :lmao:

Awesome achievements by the top 5! That's a lot of time from their vacations to take and send the photos in....truly appreciated!

Thanks, Barb!

WHEW! - I just spent the last hour or so catching up on the last several days worth of photos! It was a crazy week at home and I'd not been on the dis so there was plenty of updates to drool over. We finally had some fun last night with friends coming over for games and drinks :drinking1 It's my morning to get up with the kids and I needed something to pass the time that didn't require a lot of energy while they played with our new kittens, lol. This thread was perfect :coffee: Now, of course, I'm hungry!!!

Congrats to the winners! SO many points between all of you - wow!

Thanks to EVERYONE for taking the time to share your photos and a little peek in to your trip.:flower3:

And Barb, what a work load, but it's obviously a labor of love for you. You're the best! Tremendous thanks for all the time you spend keeping this thread alive and kicking for all of us. :love:

Thanks for all your work on this thread Barb. Amazing points totals from the top 5, don't think I'll be able to beat them when I'm a live reporter but I'm going to really enjoy myself trying!

Good Morning Everyone! :)
Let's get started on yesterday's updates, shall we?!?!

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by DisneyMamato4 from her dinner on Friday night at...

Narcoossee's

She said, Dinner was at 9:00 p.m. so we got to see the water parade and Wishes, which was awesome. Our waiter was Tom and he was great and great with the kids, which always helps." :thumbsup2

They started with this appetizer...

Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and Grilled Zellwood Corn Salad with Red Onions, Peppadew Peppers, and Creole Mustard Sauce

Kids Dinners...

Kids Steak with roasted potatoes and green beans

Kids Grilled Chicken Breast with roasted potatoes, green beans, and grapes

Kids Oven-roasted Wild Atlantic Shrimp with tater tots

And for the adults...

Grilled Filet Mignon and Butter-poached Maine Lobster with Grilled California Delta Jumbo Asparagus and Applewood-smoked Bacon Gratin

Same as above, only with Whipped Boniato-Idaho Potatoes

Grilled Black Angus New York Strip and Butter-poached Maine Lobster with Grilled Delta Jumbo Asparagus and Marble Potatoes

Same as above, only with the Applewood-smoked Bacon Gratin

"Seriously best lobster tail ever. It was so sweet and tender. And the steak was perfect."

Kids desserts...

Make your Own S'mores

"They all got the S'mores dessert."

And for the adults...

Almond-crusted Cheesecake finished with Lambert Cherry Sauce

Baked Chocolate Mousse served Warm and Chocolaty with Bourbon-Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream

Chocolate Torte (NSA dessert) with Chocolate Creme and Raspberries

Coconut and Chocolate Creme Brulee - Layered Coconut and Chocolate with Whipped Chantilly Cream and Toasted Coconut

"We will be back to Narcoossee's, everything was absolutely wonderful!" :thumbsup2

3 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Next in yesterday were a couple of updates from tammilynne.

The first was from their lunch at DHS'...

"The boys and DH had Pizza Planet for lunch .. boys each got a cheese pizza, salad and cookie. DH got the meatball sub, chips and Darth Vader cupcake. The cupcake was delicious."

Chocolate Cupcake with Peanut Butter Frosting topped with chocolate sprinkles, shaved chocolate, and a Darth Vader milk chocolate face

And an inside look...

3 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

tammilynne instead had her lunch from DHS'...

She said, "I had sushi and an apple for my side.. they let me get 2 bottles of water since I did not get a dessert."

And it looks like they also got this Cheese & Fruit Assortment...

And this snack update was also sent from DHS...

She said, "We had a snack at one of the snack carts close to the Sorcerers' hat at HS. The boys got more popcorn and refilled their R2D2 buckets. I got the sugared pecans. They were warm and delicious! These were great!"

4 June Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and pic of tammilynne and DS's

I had forgotten about those dessert snack trays at DHS! That is definitely going on my list for August. Do you know where they are sold? :confused3

Great updates, as usual!

Love the top 5 winners countdown! Thank you Miss Barb for an entertaining Sunday morning!

Then also on Friday tammilynne and family had the Fantasmic! Dinner Package at DHS'...

Mama Melrose

"For our four appetizers we chose the crispy calamari (this had a very strong fishy smell), green salad, and the antipasto for two."

Crispy Calamari topped with grilled peppers and onions, served with dipping sauces

Mixed Greens Salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, artichoke hearts, shaved Sopressata, and red wine-oregano vinaigrette

Mama's Antipasto for Two - selection of Italian meats, cheeses, and marinated vegetables

"For our entrees, my youngest ordered pizza...

"He ate about half of it said it was ok but not as good as via Napoli or even Pizza Planet."

"My oldest son got the steak and substituted fingerling potatoes."

Charred Strip Steak with fingerling potatoes, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction

"The steak was very tough and hard to cut. He had maybe half."

"I had the Penne alla Vodka with shrimp...

Penne alla Vodka with Shrimp and Pancetta and Sweet Onions finished with Tomato-Basil Sauce, Cream, Vodka, and Pecorino Romano

"DH had Chicken Parmesan...

Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana with marinara sauce topped with melted mozzarella over spaghetti

"He was the only person happy with his main dish."

"We had 2 of the dessert samplers. The boys didn't touch any of it. DH and I tried it all but really didn't care for any of it."

"This is the only meal we have really been disappointed with. I would not go again."

"Also, after the meal the waitress forgot to give us the package certificate for Fantasmic so I had to backtrack to the restaurant for them to find her and get it. Overall just a disappointing meal." :(

3 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. restaurant pic

I had forgotten about those dessert snack trays at DHS! That is definitely going on my list for August. Do you know where they are sold? :confused3

Great updates, as usual!

Love the top 5 winners countdown! Thank you Miss Barb for an entertaining Sunday morning!

Yep, they are available at Starring Rolls. And much more entertainment coming up, as I still have about 10 more updates to post from yesterday. ;)

Next in yesterday were a couple of short updates from dutchdisneyfamily.

First was a breakfast update from Magic Kingdom's...

Crystal Palace

"The cheesy potato casserole was yummy. Loved the Mickey waffles and puffed french toast too." :thumbsup2

And then a beverage snack update from...

Gaston's Tavern

"We liked the LeFou's Brew. Glad we tried it but not a must do though."

3 June Game Points Earned

And then we received a couple of updates from disnmooner2013 from their day at Animal Kingdom.

First was a lunch update from...

He said, "My wife got the Barbecue Bacon Burger & Fries and a Rainbow Colada in a Souvenir Cup."

Rainbow Colada - Captain Morgan Original Spiced rum, Dole orange-strawberry-banana juice, and pina colada mix

"I got Pasta with Sausage...

Planet Earth Pasta - Italian sausage and penne pasta lightly tossed with olive oil, garlic, Roma tomatoes in chunky marinara sauce and topped with fresh Mozzarella

And then later they had some adult beverages from the Dawa Bar...

"My wife had a Dawa Colada (pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and Bacardi Razz raspberry rum ) and I had a red Sangria."

6 June Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for signs

I'm inspired by all the winners! Can't imagine getting that many points. I've gone over the places I'm eating and all the pics I could take and I can't get anywhere near that many.

Way to Go!

Thanks Barb for all you do for this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter