Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

One more quick update from Kerri (wdwpirates) and then I have to get to work.

Kerri titled this update as, "Interesting snacks from Mitsukoshi in Epcot."

"Crabs on the left....shrimp and sardines on the left."

"The Crunky bar! Has anyone ever tried one of these?" :confused3

1 June Game Point Earned

So many cute pics today! First Emme going bowling for the first time (WDW is the perfect place for that!), and now Ava's birthday celebration. Wow - 30 people at Crystal Palace? I'm impressed by anyone who can pull off that kind of gathering at WDW. :thumbsup2

Thank you DDW!!!! We had an amazing time!! One of our guests got caught up because of their military passes and they told me oh well if it is more than 15 mins we may give away your table.....My repsonse, I am sorry I have 30 hungry people and it is my daughters birthday, you are not giving away our tables :rotfl2: They didn't! It was a lot of fun, the characters were great with our large group and the food was very good! :goodvibes

Amazing wedding pictures! There's so much hype around Disney weddings here, so it's really nice to see that Universal is capable of producing the same wedding magic.The setting, food, cake, and (of course) the family all look perfect! :goodvibes

Wow what an awesome couple of updates we have had!

the wedding looked amazing.. (Hmmm note that for my future wedding which is hopefully in orlando!). So fun to see pictures from that.

Great updates. I especially loved the wedding update and 1coolnini's summary.

What a great day for updates!
Nicole: What a beautiful family photo! Your cake looks beautiful and sounds like it tasted amazing!! You totally deserve all those bonus photos!

Great updates, as usual! Love the wedding photos!

Fab updates. Congratulations Jeff and Nicole, absolutely gorgeous pictures and what a beautiful dress. I am so jealous of the great cake flavours you have in the US, red velvet cake with Oreo filling sounds lush!

Beautiful! Congrats and thanks for sharing with us.

Such a beautiful wedding! Have I mentioned I love this thread?

Nicole, the photo of the 3 of you is beautiful! I hope you have the most wonderful life together!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your kind words and well wishes. We truly had a magical trip and beautiful wedding! It was a wonderful time and I am so happy I got to share it all with everyone!! Thank you all so much! :grouphug:

Wow, so many great updates...

Love Ava's AK dress (and was that a little purse I saw too?)
AvasMommy - LOVE her AK dress!! Did you make it or purchase it somewhere?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks guys!! My mom actually gave her the dress and I thought it would be perfect for AK so I added the leopard print Mickey iron on! I found it on etsy.com! I did have to trim it though to fit, but I was happy with how it came out!

The pics of Emme and Ava are really cute - and it's wonderful that a kind person actually returned Nicole's phone to her! :goodvibes As far as the food goes, the Malaysian seafood curry at Yak & Yeti sounds so good, and I had no idea that they offered sriracha as a topping! Sounds like a perfect combo
The seafood curry was very good, I was actually just thinking about how I would like some right now!! They brought out the sriracha with the ketchup and it was a delicious additon!

Aww...that Mickey tart is adorable!(And Ava too!)

Thank you!!! The tart was delicious and Ava really enjoyed it ;)

So many amazing updates today. I'm so happy that Nicole had a great meal at Boma and that they did something special for Ava's birthday! Wizarding World always sounds like so much fun - I need to make a diversion to Uni to check it out sometime. Leelee and Paula's ice cream updates - wow. :goodvibes And finally, it's so nice to see Nicole and Jeff had a positive experience at Le Cellier. Everything, especially the tomato salad, looks great to me. :)
I loved, loved Boma! I want to try dinner next time! HPWW is amazing, I wish it was in Disney instead lol! And LeCellier was absolutely delicious, truly, everything I had was perfect! :goodvibes

Yes great updates! I can't believe the pink slushie is permanent!?? Sad because I like the regular grey goose slushie and it is literally the only alcohol my boyfriend has ever liked! I like the pink one though
When I went, they had all 3! The regular grey goose slushie and grand marnier were on the menu board and the Le Vien Rose was just in the machine next to them! I asked what the fruit was in the "pink one" and he said cranberry so I said yes please :lmao: It was delicious!

Wow, those pictures from 'Ohana were worth waiting for :thumbsup2
Thank you! So fun and the food was great!
Awesome updates!!

Poor Ava with the birthday tune! I love LTT but don't especially need more plastic in my diet - glad they took care of that little mistake!
They got the whole room to clap and I think it was just a little loud for her, poor kid :lmao: She enjoyed her ice cream treat though! :goodvibes And no, no more plastic for me! They were very responsive and truly everything was absolutely wonderful so I hope that does not deter anyone from going there because we will definitely be back!

That photo of Ava with the cupcake at H&V is precious!
:goodvibes:goodvibes

I found this in an article about this place:

"Contemporary Grounds, a great little coffee bar is tucked between the check-in desks and the Contemporary’s convention center entrance in the first floor lobby."
Yes, thank you Barb!! It is right to the right when you enter the lobby! Jeff had coffee there a few times, it was very good! I wish I had tried one of the "special drinks" ;)

Since I believe that we have received Nicole's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Outstanding Job!!! :thanks:

AvasMommy526's Total April/May Game Points Earned = :worship::worship::worship: 232

The biggest THANK YOU of all to you Barb! You are awesome for keeping this thread going! I know I sent you so many pics and texts and that was just me! You rock! :banana::cool1: I had so much fun, thank you again! Can't wait until next time! :goodvibes:hug:

I had so many great updates to catch up on!

Oh my, how delicious do the sweet treats at Les Halles look?!

Also, I love the look of Paula's bread and dips at the Tambu Lounge - I am going to have to head there in December for a Lapu Lapu and a snack :)

Oh and the Donuts at the Territory Lounge look wonderful :)

"Crabs on the left....shrimp and sardines on the left."

OMG! Our local sushi bar had those crabs fresh one night. They called them "popcorn crabs." They were good except when the little claws would get caught on your lips!

They serve the Holiday sandwich at EoS in June? I have always wanted one and thought it was only at Christmas.

I have just a few more updates from yesterday to post, starting with one from Kerri, wdwpirates.

She said, "Here are the pics from our lovely dinner at Cape May on Sunday 6/2."

"Jim had a Bahama Mama and I had a Pimm's Punch to drink....both drinks looked exactly alike except his had rum and mine was made with Pimm's of course."

"We had great service and the food was delish! My faves were the crab legs and the fried shrimp. Jimmy loved the clams! Their rolls, cornbread and Caesar salad are also quite good. I tried some potato salad....not impressed...there was too much of something in it and I can't quite put my finger on it...it almost tasted like ranch dressing instead of mayo. The Mediterranean pasta salad was very tasty!"

3 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for name

The last two updates left from yesterday are both from tammilynne.

She said, "We had a snack earlier in the day at the sushi bar outside Kona."

KONA ISLAND SUSHI BAR

"We had the Shrimp Tempura Roll -- tempura shrimp, fresh mango served with lilikoi sauce ... this was good -- the mango was different but overall a good choice."

"The boys each had fries."

"I also had the Lapu Lapu and it was great and pretty strong."

5 June Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu and misc. pic and pic of DS

Last is tammilynne's update from her dinner last night at...

'OHANA

"We had dinner at 'Ohana tonight. This was our first time to eat here."

"The bread was brought out first. The only thing that I thought would have made it better would have been butter. Three of us gave it a 9 out of 10 and my oldest son gave it a "2"." :confused3

"Next was the salad. I liked it more than I was expecting to."

"The chicken wings and pot stickers were delicious .. oldest son tried the wings and said they had a "sweet taste" and he didn't like them."

"Noodles were great but we did not eat many of the veggies."

"Chicken was a little dry I thought. The shrimp were my favorite!! Pork was delicious and very juicy. The steak was very good but I was getting full and trying to save room for dessert!"

"The dessert was amazing!!!!

"Youngest son had plain ice cream.."

"Three of us were pleased with Ohana but my oldest wasn't pleased with any of it.. he is very picky. I had thought he would eat the steak but it was also "too sweet."

"He did eat fries..."

2 June Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Point for pics of DS's

Our First Update of the Day yesterday was sent to us by tammilynne.

She and her family began their day yesterday by having a pre-park opening breakfast at Magic Kingdom's...

Crystal Palace

"Cheesy potatoes were my favorite."

"The French toast with strawberries and whipped cream was also a hit!" :thumbsup2

"Our ADR was at 8:20 and we were done in time for park opening at 9:00!"

2 June Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for pics DS's with Tigger, castle pic and First Update of the Day

Next we received a snack & lunch update from disnmooner2013.

He and his wife were at Hollywood Studios yesterday and first had this snack from the...

Writer's Stop

Then they had lunch at...

He said, "I had the Penne Alla Vodka with Chicken. My wife had the Chicken Parmesan (no pic)."

Penne Alla Vodka with Chicken - Made with Pancetta and sweet onion, finished with tomato basil sauce, cream, Vodka, and Pecorino Romano.

4 June Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name, misc. pics and pic of wife

Then another update from disnmooner2013 from Downtown Disney's...

Earl of Sandwich

They chose the...

Tuna Melt - Fresh made Albacore Tuna salad and melted Swiss cheese

Best BLT - Smoked Bacon, lettuce, Roma tomatoes, and seasoned mayonnaise

2 June Points Earned

Next we have a two-part lunch update from tammilynne & family.

She said, "At lunch we visited 2 different places. My oldest son wanted...

Pecos Bill

"He had a Cheeseburger, Coke and the chocolate cake -- He ate it all!"

"Youngest son got a order of fries to snack on until we ate our lunch."

"The rest of our group had lunch at...

Here's what they had...

Lobster Roll

"The bread was dry and the lobster "filling" was ok .. not great but ok. The coleslaw had a very strong flavor. The chocolate cake was chocolate cake - nothing fancy, the typical Disney cake."

"The Fried shrimp plate was the winner of this meal and the apple crisp dessert was yummy!"

"Youngest son decided he didn't want to order a meal and went with another order of fries!"

"We ate upstairs in a peaceful, quiet, empty area .. so glad I had read on here to check out the upstairs."

"We never stopped for dinner, the rains are messing with my plans some. Oldest son and hubby are at the food court now and youngest and I are just heading to bed!"

5 June Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for pics of DS's, sign, menu, and misc. pic

Then our last update from yesterday was sent to us by disnmooner2013 from the Port Orleans Riverside resort.

First a cocktail from the...

Muddy Rivers Pool Bar

Piña CoLAVA - Bacardi Razz Rum blended with Piña Colada Mix and Raspberry Purée

Then they had dinner at...

Boatwrights

Cornbread

Chicken and Andouille Gumbo - slow cooked in a Cajun-spiced broth

Pasta with Shrimp - Spinach, mushrooms, peas, Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto with Orecchiette Pasta

Jambalaya - a Creole recipe with Spiced Chicken Thighs, Andouille Sausage, Shrimp, Rice, and Vegetables

"The food was not very good at Boatwrights but service was very fast."

6 June Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pics of wife

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: dutchdisneyfamily :cheer2:

dutchdisneyfamily will be at Disney World from 6/6 - 6/14 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, dutchdisneyfamily!!! :cool1:

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: dutchdisneyfamily :cheer2:

dutchdisneyfamily will be at Disney World from 6/6 - 6/14 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

Nice to see that I'm up next! Hopefully the rain won't keep us away. If not, I'll have two updates tomorrow!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, dutchdisneyfamily!!! :cool1:

Cannot wait!

Love this thread ! Jabead I can't believe all the work you put in:worship:

I did volunteer for September and I still want to but I have to change my dates. We will now be on the Disney Dream from sept 19-22 and at wdw Sept. 22-oct 1. I can review the Dream while on board and do live reviews from wdw as of the 22nd. We won't have wifi so the cruise updates will be after we get off. Let me know if that will be ok? :confused3

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by DisneyMamato4.

She and her family had lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

"We had the pork with mashed potatoes. What an awesome counter service meal!" :thumbsup2

"For dessert, a strawberry cupcake, chocolate cupcake and chocolate cream puff. It was all delicious."

2 June Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Love this thread ! Jabead I can't believe all the work you put in:worship:

I did volunteer for September and I still want to but I have to change my dates. We will now be on the Disney Dream from sept 19-22 and at wdw Sept. 22-oct 1. I can review the Dream while on board and do live reviews from wdw as of the 22nd. We won't have wifi so the cruise updates will be after we get off. Let me know if that will be ok? :confused3

Sounds great! :thumbsup2

Next in was DisneyMamato4's snack update from yesterday at Magic Kingdom.

"For snacks later, the kids had frozen bananas and Mickey ice cream bars...

"And the adults had Nutella and Fruit Waffles from..."

Sleepy Hollow

2 June Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pics of DD, DH, and DS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter