Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Next we have Chris' (dvc4life) update from their dinner Saturday night at Epcot's...

"My husband had a Skinny Margarita...

"I had the Blueberry Basil Margarita. Picture didn't turn out but it was really good. So good I had two." ;)

"This is what DH and I had. I love this meal, especially the shrimp."...

"Our friend Dave had the beef short rib. Said it was very tender and good."

Costillas en salsa de Chile
Braised short ribs, served with potato puree and Chile de arbol sauce. Served with fresh homemade corn tortillas and rice.

"Our youngest daughter and other friend Chas had the fish. They both cleaned their plates."

Pescado a la Talla
Grilled tilapia served with esquites (roasted corn), nopales (cactus leaves) and mango Chutney. Served with fresh homemade corn tortillas and rice.

"Oldest daughter had the appetizer with the three little tacos. Guess I didn't get a picture of those."

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Next in yesterday were some updates from Nicole (AvasMommy526).

The first one was from Saturday night at Epcot's World Showcase.

Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe

Kringla Sweet Pretzel with Almonds

"My dad had the pretzel and we thought it was delicious. My brother had the troll horn (no pic). I prefer regular cream horns, but this was pretty good!"

"We also stopped in China for a Peach Snap! from...

"It was so good, I loved it! My brother had the Mango Green Tea Slush, also very good but I preferred my Snap!" ;)

"We got some dinner to eat while waiting for Illuminations from...

Liberty Inn

"I had the Caesar Salad, the chicken was really good!"

"Jeff and my dad had the burger topped with BBQ pulled pork and an onion ring and a side of french fries.
They declared it fantastic!" :thumbsup2

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

I have time to post one more update before I go out for the evening, this one is another from Nicole.

For breakfast yesterday, she and her group had breakfast at Magic Kingdom's...

Crystal Palace

"We headed to Magic Kingdom for our 9 am birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace! Princess Ava is 2! There were 30 of us so it was crazy but I snapped some food pics!"

"I think we all tried the Poohs stuffed French toast which I really like, I have a major sweet tooth!"

"I liked the breakfast lasagna, biscuits and the cheesy potatoes! Jeff really enjoyed the eggs and biscuits with sausage gravy and Ava loved her bacon, fruit loops and Mickey waffle!"

The Birthday Girl

"We all had a really good time, then we went off in groups to do some rides, lines were pretty long, thank goodness for FP! We are back napping now and going back around dinner!"

Then later she sent this snack update...

"We had Mickey bars while waiting for the parade!"

3 April Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for pic of Bday Princess and group pic with Tigger

So many cute pics today! First Emme going bowling for the first time (WDW is the perfect place for that!), and now Ava's birthday celebration. Wow - 30 people at Crystal Palace? I'm impressed by anyone who can pull off that kind of gathering at WDW. :thumbsup2

Ok, let's see if we can finish up with yesterday's updates tonight, I believe there is four more.

Our next update is from emmebear, who was at Magic Kingdom yesterday afternoon and sought refuge from the heat, a quiet place where Emme could take a nap...

...and somewhere that emmebear could get an ice cold...

That place was the...

Touch Screen Ordering...

Here's what emmebear had...

Chicken Artichoke Flatbread with Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Spread, Diced Tomatoes, and Basil

"This might be blasphemy to say but this flatbread was better than the lamb gyro flatbread I had at California Grill."

"It was $9.59. Expensive but it's good quality. And I'm happy for air conditioning." :thumbsup2

2 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of Emme and misc. pic

Last night Paula (smile4stamps) had dinner at a 10 point location, the Saratoga Springs Resort's...

Paula said, "I apparently took the LONG route to get here.. I thought I would just take a boat from POR and switch to one that goes to SSR. It didn't quite work out that way though and I ended up walking from DTD to SSR and kinda got lost in the process. I made it though.. With minutes to spare before my ADR.. I left 2 hrs before my ADR. It took 40 minutes just to get on a boat from POR."

Menu pics...

Paula started with this cocktail...

Three Minutes to Post Time

Warm Bread with Maple Butter

For an appetizer, Paula had the...

Baked Brie with Prosciutto and Raspberry Preserves

"As I perused the menus, it's the only baked Brie I've seen at WDW. Unfortunately it's not great. It came out VERY fast, which means it was not made fresh and was barely lukewarm."

"That didn't stop me from eating it all though." :laughing:

"It was good. Just not great. I like when the Brie gets a little gooey and this was still firm. Still good flavors but I would ask for it to be hot."

Paula's entree choice was the...

Root Beer Brined Pork Chop with Sweet Potato Hash and Sauteed Greens

"I expected it to be sweet but it just has a touch of root beer flavoring. The chop is well cooked. She asked how I wanted it done, which always throws me when it comes to pork. I ordered medium and it came out nice and juicy. The sweet potato hash and sautéed "greens" which happens to be spinach are both very good. An enjoyable main course."

"Here is the dessert menu even though I am passing on it."

"Overall it was a good meal. I would recommend it if you were staying at SSR or had your own car but to rely on Disney Transportation to get here is a bit tedious."

10 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus and new cocktail

Next we have 1coolnini's update from her dinner last night at Epcot's...

Some great buffet pics...

"We started with the beer flight. We aren't beer drinkers but we finished each glass. It was great."

German Beer Flight - Four Pours 5 oz each
Radeberger Pilsner, Schöfferhofer Weizen, Altenmünster Oktoberfest, and Hövels

And desserts...

"The entertainment was great. Here they are doing the Chicken dance."

"We both really enjoyed the food and entertainment at Biergarten . This is another buffet we would rate above Cape May. We would eat here again in, fact it would probably be on our "must do list". You are seated with other guests but we love chatting with people and it really added to the experience." :thumbsup2

3 April Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign, menu, buffet pics, restaurant and entertainment pics, and beer flight

Yesterday's last update and the last posted tonight is sadly the final update from 1coolnini, as her trip ended very early this morning.

Beach Club Concierge Lounge

She said, "Sadly this will be our last update. We headed up to CL tonight to have our boarding passes printed. They had just set out the cordials and desserts. So I thought I would end this on a sweet note."

"For anyone heading to the Beach Club CL in the future here is the schedule of the food offerings."

5 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for schedule

And since that was 1coolnini's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Truly Outstanding Job!!! :thanks:

1coolnini's Total April/May Game Points Earned = :worship::worship::worship: 227

Paula (Smile4stamps) only thought the cream cheese wontons at Y&Y were just ok?? Oh NO!!! She and Linda67 must have had the misfortune of not having the best batch that the place has to offer!! :rotfl2: Too bad it didn't meet expectations.

I am always interested in Turf Club dining reviews since we didn't like the food when we went but sounds like Paula had a great experience. :thumbsup2

Great job 1coolnini! Those were a ton of points! :worship:

And since that was 1coolnini's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Truly Outstanding Job!!! :thanks:

1coolnini's Total April/May Game Points Earned = :worship::worship::worship: 227

WOW! 1coolnini I really enjoyed your updates! Great job!

Yesterday was a relatively quiet day, with many of our reporters traveling home. But we did have some updates from Paula (smile4stamps) and also a surprise update from Disneyland. ;)

Plus our First Update of the Day, which was sent to us by emmebear.

After their break at the Contempo Cafe on Sunday, they went back to Magic Kingdom for the evening.

Fantasyland at Dusk

A Visit with Minnie

A ride on the Carousel

And they also had dinner at...

Emme had the Kids Mac & Cheese Meal...

"Her two sides were apples and yogurt. She also got milk. Thought that was a great deal for $5.99." :thumbsup2

emmebear had the...

"I like the Lobster Roll. It wasn't Linda's Lobster Roll from the F & W Fest but it was pretty good. I hate the bread, as it's the same bread that Casey's uses."

Emme gave herself a manicure with her new Ariel vanity set. ;)

2 April Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign/menu, restaurant pics, pic of Emme, and misc. MK pics, plus First Update of the day

Yesterday we also received several updates from Paula (smile4stamps), who spent the day at Epcot.

She had a snack for breakfast at...

Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding

And then she had lunch in World Showcase at...

Some display case pics...

Paula chose the...

Apple and Ham Sandwich and School Bread

An inside look...

"The sandwich was good. I love the bread. All the textures really worked well. I did have it toasted so it was served warm and melty. The school bread was also pretty good...the bread itself was a little on the dry side but I smeared the cream part all over it and then it all worked together!" :thumbsup2

Then Paula said, "After lunch I backtracked a bit so...

"Hola from Mexico!"

"Where of course I this in mind...

"I chose the Horchata one."

"It's pretty good! It was my strongest drink in the world so far this trip."

Then later from the kiosk in France...

"Something that needs no introduction." ;)

8 April Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for signs, menus, pic of Paula, display case pics, and new cocktail

Next in yesterday was a surprise update from Disneyland! :thumbsup2

Coming to us live from the Pacific Wharf Cafe at Disneyland's California Adventure was ...

Brenda (emmysmommy), holding her Roast Beef Sandwich on fresh sourdough with cheddar cheese.

"Yum!"

And for dessert...

Sugar Cookie with sprinkles

And finally, she had cocktails at...

Carthay Circle

Brenda holding her "spicy Bloody Mary."

4 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pics of Brenda

I'm sorry to say that I'm experiencing some technical difficulties this evening with downloading my pictures from my phone to Photobucket. Not sure if it's a phone problem, internet, or Photobucket but have decided to give up for tonight and try again in the morning. So everyone cross your fingers that it's just a temporary problem because I have some great updates to post, including pics from Nicole (AvasMommy526) from her wedding yesterday. :)

I'm sorry to say that I'm experiencing some technical difficulties this evening with downloading my pictures from my phone to Photobucket. Not sure if it's a phone problem, internet, or Photobucket but have decided to give up for tonight and try again in the morning. So everyone cross your fingers that it's just a temporary problem because I have some great updates to post, including pics from Nicole (AvasMommy526) from her wedding yesterday. :)

Sorry for the technical difficulty. Thanks for sharing my DCA photos! :goodvibes

Take care Barb!

I think I have fixed the problem and should be good to go again today. :thumbsup2 I had ignored the recent warnings that my photo storage on my phone was reaching capacity and I guess last night it reached its limit and locked me out. Thankfully this morning it had forgiven me. :laughing: Anyway, I've spent the last hour or so deleting pics, then saving all the new ones, and downloading them to Photobucket so I now think I'm ready to proceed. So my bad folks, I've learned my lesson. ;)

Ok, now for our last update sent to us on Monday, this one from Paula (smile4stamps).

After her day at Epcot she headed down the Boardwalk in search of some dinner.

She walked past the ESPN Club, Flying Fish Cafe, and the Boardwalk Resort...

Could Paula be heading here, a restaurant with a value of 10 points?...

Paula said, "This is a 10 pointer I don't plan on eating at. :laughing: But I did get some menu pics."

And then Paula backtracked....

Until she came to the...

Paula said, So...Dinner tonight I had no plans. I was hoping to find a Le Cellier opening but it wasn't to be for this day. In reading some the live reports something 1coolnini had really at Flying Fish caught my eye, as well as a soup on the menu that was posted. I decided I would try and eat there on my trip. So at 5:30 I went to the podium and asked if I could eat without a reservation. "Absolutely" was the the answer. I actually was seated at the bar and presented with..."

"So I looked at the menu and didn't see what had caught my eye from the previous menu (it was a corn soup), so instead I ordered the beet salad."

Our Chef's Special Thunder Appetizer: Roasted Heirloom Beets and Truffle Tremor Goat Cheese with Young Greens, Spiced Pecans, Oranges, Pecan-Truffle-Blood Orange Vinaigrette

"It was very good. The flavors went well together."

"I also ordered a wine flight."

"And had some bread and butter...

For her entree, Paula chose the Pork Trio...

A close up...

"It was very good but a huge portion!! I ate all the pork belly and the pulled pork but only about half of the loin."

A dessert menu pic...

"I again passed on dessert. Not because they don't sound good but because I have something else in mind." ;)

"I did have a glass of FroZin though since I declined dessert."

Meeker FroZin Zinfandel Icewine

5 April Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for menus, sign, misc. Boardwalk pics, and new wine flight

Just waiting for DS to get home from football (soccer) training so we can eat - I should NOT have clicked ont his thread.

Am particularly loving Paula's updates - every time she posts the menu and something catches my eye, she ends up ordering what I would have ordered. Thanks Paula :thumbsup2

And thanks Barb for keeping the thread up to date :hug:

Did everyone see the Disney food blog post that the ice cream shop in France Epcot is now open? And you can get liqueur toppers on your ice cream?!

Barb, send a live reporter over there stat!!! :)

Hi Everyone,

Sadly I am reporting "live" from my home in California. We were picked up by DME at BC at 6:30am Monday morning and walked through our front door (WITHOUT OUR BAGS!) at about 4:30pm California time. We spent 13 hours getting home only to find our bags did not arrive home with us. Talk about knocking the magic out of a wonderful trip. We had checked our bags with the BC airline service at about 5:45am, so I really don't know what happened, but since all three were missing I have a feeling they didn't get to the airport on time :confused3. Anyway they were finally delivered to us yesterday so it looks like I will be doing laundry for the next few days.

I just want to thank Barb for such an awesome thread. As newbies to WDW we were totally lost and overwhelmed. This thread gave us great ideas on where to eat and kept us excited about our trip for months. 1coolpapa and I had a great time taking photos of our food and sharing them with everyone.

We only had 10 short days to try and discover and experience everything and believe me 10 days wasn't enough. There are so many things we didn't do and many many places we didn't eat. I read so many restaurant reviews and as a result cancelled and reworked our dining plans so many times I thought I would be banned from the Disney online reservation site.

We ate at 5 buffets/all you care to eat venues:

Hoop dee doo Review : Food was mediocre but entertainment was fun for all ages. So if you haven't been, go for the entertainment, not the food.We will go back (but probably not a place we would go every time)

Cape May Café (dinner): This was one of those reservations I made and cancelled several times. Reviews seemed to be mixed. We were disappointed. The selection was very limited. I specifically made reservations on a Sunday so we could enjoy the fried shrimp. The fried shrimp was good, but about the size of a quarter. I don't know what it was but we just weren't wowed by this place. We won't go back.

'Ohana (dinner): First of all we were concerned about how to get there from BC. We were using Disney transport exclusively. I originally thought we would use a taxi. We decided to leave in plenty of time and try and get there only using Disney. We took a bus to MK and then tram to Polynesian. We had given ourselves 90 mins (just in case) so left BC @ 5pm for our 6:30 reservation. Well everything worked like clock work and we arrived in about 40 mins. We decided to check in early at 6pm and we were seated in about 15-20 mins. I had heard reports of having to wait and hour or so after your reservation time before being seated. This was not our case.

Overall, I liked the food. I asked for a salad with dressing on the side (I hate a salad swimming in dressing) and they happily brought it to us. We loved the potstickers and chicken wings and the BBQ shrimp was great. My DH felt the other meats were dry. My only real complaint about this place is they bring you the food so fast you really can't keep up. This is not a place for a nice relaxing 2 hour dinner. However, we would do this again.

Boma (dinner): Talk about being "wowed", the AKL is beautiful. We were there early enough to walk around outside and see some animals. I might consider staying here. We probably checked in 10 mins early for our reservation and we were seated right away. The food selections were good (I loved the curry pasta salad) but some of the foods had some different spices. I have to say I liked Boma a bit more than my DH. We would go back but this is probably not a must do for every visit for us.

Biergarten: I know this is strange, but this was probably our favorite buffet. We loved the food (the red cabbage and beet salad was wonderful), the pretzel rolls were so yummy. We got into the spirit and ordered a flight of German beers and again this was a hit with us. Loved sitting and chatting with other guests and the entertainment was fun. This buffet offered us the total package with great food and good entertainment.I would say at this point Biergarten would be a "must do" for us.

Counter service:

Our favorites were Flame Tree (at AK) and the Boardwalk Bakery. They were both very good. We also enjoyed the counter service in Mexico at the World showcase. I think we are spoiled a bit by the counter service at DLR, or I just didn't do enough research in this area to find the right spots.

As a side note, we noticed that finding a counter service breakfast is almost impossible. I am so thankful we had done CL so we could grab some fruit and a hard boiled egg in the morning.

Also, are mocha frappucino's a west coast thing? I actually know they aren't because you can get them in any Starbuck's. Not sure why WDW doesn't serve these because you can find them easily at DLR. Hopefully the new Starbuck's at the MK will serve those. We searched and searched for a mocha frappucino and actually ran into a few others on the same search.

Signature restaurants:

Unfortunately we only had time to try 2. Yachtsman Steak house and Flying Fish. Both were very good.

Yachtsman's steak house: We loved the bread and roasted garlic, the lobster bisque was incredible and I am still dreaming of the Heirloom tomato salad. The desserts were incredible, too. I wasn't blown away by my filet but that would be my only real complaint of this place. We would go back.

Flying Fish: Amazing. They don't have the wonderful bread with garlic like Yachtsman, but that is about the only negative. The food was wonderful and the dessert I had of the sorbet trio is something I will compare all desserts to for a long time. (I know crazy to be so in love with sorbet, but it was that good). The restaurant was a bit noisy, I don't know why....ceiling design perhaps? We WILL go back.

Other dining stand outs:

San Angel Inn: We really liked this place. The margaritas were to die for and the food was great. Tables were pretty close together, but that would probably be the only negative I could think of for this place. We WILL go back.

Via Napoli: Another outstanding dining experience. I wish we could've eaten there again. Loved the pitcher of Sangria and salad. I would've loved to try more of their pizzas. We WILL go back.

We also dined at Marakesh: Wait staff was very friendly but I wasn't really crazy about the food. The restaurant was beautiful and we liked the entertainment. I guess Marakesh falls into the "been there, done that" category.

Bottom line, this was a great trip for us. We loved WDW and I am sure we will be back in a few years.

Well, my laundry calls. Sorry this is so long. I am so jealous of those of you currently planning a trip. Have a great time. I may check in from time to time with "live" DLR photos. I am hoping to take my new Premier annual pass to Disneyland on Saturday!

Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter