Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

I love to see all the paying it forward going on- WDW is a truly magical place!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

That is so AWESOME that the annonymous couple treated Paula to her dinner at Narcoosees!!! Those people deserve this ---->> :grouphug: That peach salad looks scrumptious!

After seeing her GF Tea, I'm ready to pick up the phone and make a reservation for August but I'll be doing it in December so I'm not sure... ;)

Patty and Emme look like they are enjoying their time... especially with those refreshing cocktails.

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now let's move over to the Polynesian Resort where Nicole (AvasMommy526) & family had breakfast yesterday at...

KONA CAFE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nicole said, "This morning we dragged our very tired selves to a yummy breakfast at Kona! We had 2 pressed pots and I had the Lilikoi juice. Both were delicious!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We had the Tonga toast with a side of eggs (no pork for me), the ham and cheese omelet, the Samoan and the big Kahuna and we all kind of shared." ;) [pictured below in that order]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We thought everything was really good, Jeff didn't care for the potatoes, they did have a lot of seasoning but I put ketchup on them and was happy! I loved the Tonga toast with the strawberry compote!"

"Ava had the Mickey pancake with bacon, I was expecting a couple small pancakes and this was huge, she only managed a few bites!"

[​IMG]

"I love the Poly and definitely want to try and stay there next trip!!!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menus and Poly pics

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Just have two or three updates left from yesterday...haven't even counted today's. :lmao: Need to run some errands and make dinner (for some reason I'm really hungry ;) ), but check back later for many, many more live from Disney World updates. :thumbsup2

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Ok, next up is Chris' (dvc4life) snack update from yesterday morning at DHS.

Writer's Stop

[​IMG]

"Breakfast of champions, carrot cake cookie and strawberry slush."

And then another DHS snack update from...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cream Cheese Pretzel

[​IMG]

"My crew. Dave, Bobby, Brooke, Becca, and Chas."

2 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and group pic

7. SRiley1985

SRiley1985 Mouseketeer

Is that jalapeno pretzel the same one from AK? I really want to try one because it sounds delish, but my DH wants to skip AK this trip.

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

For lunch Chris' group was at Downtown Disney's...

[​IMG]

Here's what they had...

[​IMG]

Fish & Chips

[​IMG]

Fried Shrimp & Chips

[​IMG]

Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap

"And DH had the scallops. Guess my picture didn't turn out. They are one of his favorites." :thumbsup2

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

[​IMG]

"For dessert, my daughter Brooke had a butter pecan ice cream cone from Ghirardelli. She loved it."

4 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of Brooke

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And our final update from yesterday is sadly the last from Kaitlin (KGNOLA), as her trip ended yesterday.

Their final Disney meal was breakfast at Pop Century's...

Everything Pop

[​IMG]

Bounty Platter - scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuit, cinnamon french toast sticks, sausage, and bacon

And then she ended her final update with some snacks...

[​IMG]

"Ash and Maggie with Dole Whips"

[​IMG]

"DD's fave - frozen lemonade!"

[​IMG]

"Kettle Corn from Everything Pop for the movie by the pool!"

[​IMG]

"Soft serve ice cream from Fantasyland's Friar's Nook!"

6 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pics of DD, Ash & Maggie

10. IncredibleboysMom

IncredibleboysMom DIS Veteran

Hi thread :wave2: I'm happy to report in again, this time as a June reporter for Disneyland! :cool1: We will be there from June 28-July 2. TS reservations made so far are at:

Carthay Circle
    Surfs Up character breakfast
    Carnation Cafe
    House of Blues

See ya real soon!

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And since that was Kaitlin's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!! :thanks:

KGNOLA's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 92

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now I will post just a few of the many updates we have received today, starting with our First Update of the Day sent to us by 1coolnini.

She and 1coolpapa had dinner last night at the Polynesian Resort's...

[​IMG]

"Last night we headed to 'Ohana, I had read so much about this restaurant we just had to check it out. We weren't sure how long it would take us (using Disney transport) to get from our resort to the Polynesian so we left BC about 90 mins before our reservation at 6:30. We arrived about 5:40 and did some shopping. At 6pm we went ahead and checked in. We were seated by 6:20. The friendly hostess told us what to expect in this dining experience and served us this bread. Nice flavor but needed butter or some kind of spread."

[​IMG]

"We were seated right next to the grill where they grill the 4 different meats you are served."

[​IMG]

"We started off with Mai Tais. Doesn't every visit to Hawaii include a Mai Tai? ;) They were pretty good (and we have had lots of Hawaiian Mai Tais." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had read on one review that the salad had way too much dressing, so I asked our waiter to bring us a salad with dressing on the side. It was great."

"Next up...Potstickers and chicken wings."

[​IMG]

"So yummy. 1coolpapa kept saying how he loved the potstickers."

"Next was veggies and noodles, also very good."

[​IMG]

"Then the meat skewers began to arrive is quick succession . Chicken, pork, steak and shrimp. 1coolpapa felt the meats were overcooked and dry but he loved the shrimp. I only ate the chicken and shrimp and I thought they were both great."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grilled Shrimp

"Then for dessert, bread pudding with bananas, ice cream and caramel sauce. 1coolpapa LOVED this! I do not like bread pudding so only took a small bite."

[​IMG]

"To sum up 'Ohana, we did like it but the main negative here is they bring the food out way too fast. They bring out these huge portions so quickly that you really can't take time to enjoy each item. We really thought the Polynesian was nice and the food was pretty good. We would return here."

2 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, grill, pic of 1coolpapa & CM, and First Update of the Day

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our last update for tonight is Paula's (smile4stamps) breakfast update from this morning.

She was at Animal Kingdom today and had breakfast at...

[​IMG]

"The breakfast menu is just a small printed one by the cash register so I didn't get a picture but I did get this one..."

[​IMG]

"I ordered the Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata, served with a side of potatoes. They offer TIW here so it came to $5.96."

[​IMG]

"You definitely have to like goat cheese for this one. It has some decent size pieces of it in there. I'd have liked more spinach. There is just a little at the top. The potatoes are mediocre. It's an ok breakfast to start the day but probably not something I would repeat."

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Be sure to check back tomorrow for about a dozen more great updates from our 5 current Disney World reporters. Good night everyone and sweet Disney dreams! :cloud9:

14. SwirlyGirly

SwirlyGirly Mouseketeer

Wow, what a happy birthday for you!

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Let's begin this morning with emmebear's great update from their dinner on Saturday night at Epcot's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harvest-inspired Farmer's Salad

"The salad was very fresh and tasty. It had bacon on top. Who doesn't love bacon?!"

Rolls with Maple Butter...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Emme ate the insides of all the bread. The butter had maple syrup drizzled on top of it."

[​IMG]

Children's Platter: Oven Roasted Chicken Drumstick, Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Broccoli (apparently one piece?), and Crispy Sweet Potato Sticks

"This is the Kids Meal - Cost $16.99. And all Emme ate was the macaroni & cheese. That was a very expensive bowl of macaroni & cheese."

The Adult Platter...

[​IMG]

Char-grilled Filet of Beef with Red Wine Sauce
    Roasted All Natural Turkey Breast with Lemon Caper Sauce
    Sustainable Fish of the Day (Tilapia) with Roasted Tomato and Pepper Compote
    Garden Fresh Vegetables
    Caramelized Onion Potatoes
    Artisan Bread Pudding

"Everything was tasty! I felt weird eating the tilapia as I wondered if it was the tilapia from the "Living with the Land" boat tour. However, it was light and fresh. My favorite of the proteins again!"

[​IMG]

"Fresh (non-fishy tasting) tilapia."

[​IMG]

"Beef, cooked perfectly."

[​IMG]

"My side order of macaroni and cheese. Love the nuclear orange Mac & cheese!"

[​IMG]

Kid's Dessert: Life's a Bug Cake

[​IMG]

"I was hoping for the Bug's Life Red Velvet Cake again but Emme got this."

[​IMG]

Adult Dessert: Fresh-baked Harvest Skillet Cake with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream

"I still don't like this dessert. I did try it again but just not my thing."

And some fun pics with the characters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Emme shared her purse and doll with every character. Dale emptied out the contents and used everything inside. So funny!"

[​IMG]

"Putting on some lip gloss."

But apparently Chip is quite the ladies' man (or chipmunk?) ;) ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The first round of characters were very rushed but the second and third time, they were way more fun and engaged."

"Overall, we had a great dinner at Garden Grill. We were seated 15 minutes early, our server was attentive and the food was really tasty. I loved our interactions with Chip & Dale. They are hilarious. I used my TIW card and it was $53 for adult, kids, & gratuity."

"We spent 11 hours straight at Epcot. New record for us!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 April Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic, pics of emmebear & Emme with characters, and Spaceship Earth pics

16. brobrosmom

brobrosmom DIS Veteran

Got your PM...brobrosmom is good to go!!! Sorry I didn't reply sooner but we were camping this weekend! Now to start packing for our Disney trip!

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up is another from Paula (smile4stamps) who had lunch yesterday at Animal Kingdom's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cocktail menu...

[​IMG]

Paula chose the Bonsai Blast...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had the Dim Sum Basket appetizer as my entree. It is Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao (BBQ pork buns), and pork siu mai steamed on a banana leaf with soy lime dipping sauce. I really wanted to like it but nothing in the basket was all that good. The BBQ pork buns, which is the main reason I ordered it, were hard."

"And my entire reason for coming here..."

[​IMG]

Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle

"Did they live up to my expectations? Unfortunately not. They were good but not awesome. My cheesecake last night [at Narcoossee's] was AWESOME." ;)

2 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for name, menus, new cocktail, and misc. pic

18. MissPrice

MissPrice Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Garden Grill looks delish! I really need to eat there. 11 hours in EPCOT!:thumbsup2 sounds like heaven to me :D -Amanda :goodvibes

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now we go back to emmebear & Emme, who some time yesterday at Downtown Disney's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They did some bowling...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Emme's Score! :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

"It was $20 an hour to bowl per person. They only charged me for one, as Emme's never bowled. So only one person on the score sheet. They gave me her shoes for free too."

[​IMG]

And they did some eating too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

emmebear had a Bacon Cheeseburger with fries...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Burger was tasty but nothing extraordinary. They didn't ask what temp I wanted the burger. It's more cooked than I would like, but not dry."

Emme got the Kids Grilled Cheese with broccoli...

[​IMG]

"Emme hated her lunch. She did eat the broccoli but the Texas toast freaked her out."

[​IMG]

"But she did ice cream. Go figure." ;)

[​IMG]

"They accept TIW (for the food). Great place to try once. Food on par with Chili's or an Applebee's. Not terrible but not a place to return to just to eat. Emme bowled for the first time. We had a blast!" :thumbsup2

5 April Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign, menu pics, pics of emmebear & Emme and misc. other pics

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next update is from 1coolnini.

[​IMG]

She and 1coolpapa were at Animal Kingdom yesterday and sent us our first update from this kiosk...

[​IMG]

"We passed this no name sign place on our way to Expedition Everest. I had to ask what the name of the place was. This is Mr. Kamal's (odd name)."

[​IMG]

But although, according to the receipt, it's called Mr. Kamal Burgers, there doesn't appear to be any burgers listed on their menu... :confused3

[​IMG]

"I wanted the Chili Garlic Chicken Wings...

[​IMG]

"Honestly, they are just small breaded pieces of white chicken meat with sauce."

[​IMG]

"After the Flights of Wonder bird show (we enjoyed it), I wanted to check out the Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes. I heard good things about it."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We ordered the Honey Chicken...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"There is rice and a small amount of veggies at the bottom."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their verdict, "Too much sauce and not enough flavor."

"Unfortunately we have a tendency to compare some of the WDW food to DLR food. California Adventure has a place similar to this and it is one of our favorite places to eat. This place just didn't cut it for us."

They had one more snack before leaving Animal Kingdom yesterday...

[​IMG]

"Okay isn't this the coolest looking truck? This is actually the Anandapur Ice Cream Truck."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Here's 1coolpapa with his Rootbeer Float (with vanilla ice cream). So yummy!"

[​IMG]

14 April Game Points Earned + 12 Bonus Points for signs, menus, pics of coolnini & coolpapa and misc. other pics

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And another update from 1coolnini, this one from back at their resort, the Beach Club.

[​IMG]

She said, "It was getting crazy crowded at AK, so we headed back "home" to BC. After all of those fried chicken bites I wanted something a bit more healthy."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the options are displayed...

[​IMG]

And some sweeter options...

[​IMG]

They also have a "grab and go" of refrigerated items...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I ended up with a Chicken Caesar Salad, rice crispy treat and Coke."

[​IMG]

3 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics and misc. display case pics