Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we have an update from Nicole (AvasMommy526). She and her family had dinner last night at Hollywood Studios'...

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater

[​IMG]

The "soon-to-be married", Nicole & Jeff

[​IMG]

Nicole said, "Last night we had dinner at Sci Fi. My family was late coming in so we had to wait a bit for our table but It was a lot of fun and Ava loved the restaurant!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had the Magical Star cocktail, it was perfectly fruity for me!"

[​IMG]

"Jeff and I shared the onion rings with horseradish sauce, we loved them!"

[​IMG]

"My brothers had Oreo shakes and the honey chipotle wings and I tried some and they were both great too!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"For dinner I had the Reuben with cucumber salad, it was very good and I loved the salad!"

[​IMG]

"Jeff had a bacon burger with cheddar cheese and onions and mushrooms with fries, he thought it as very good!"

[​IMG]

"I had a bite and the burger was really juicy!"

"Both my brothers had the Chicken BLTs with fries, one brother said it was really good, the other only said "ehh" it was good!" :laughing:

[​IMG]

"My parents each had burgers and Ava had the Mac 'n cheese but they were all sitting in the front row so no pics but they all enjoyed their meals too!"

3 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for menus, pic of Nicole & Jeff

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an three-part beverage and snack update from Chris (dvc4life), starting with one from DHS' Star Wars Weekend.

She said, "Yesterday was move day to Boardwalk and we didn't really eat much. But we did have one of these."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Both were very good."

"Then we went here for a drink...

[​IMG]

Chris had one of these only with vodka instead of gin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Oh yeah." :thumbsup2

Then it was on to...

La Cava de Tequila

[​IMG]

"Next up. The Ditch and margarita, an avocado one. It was interesting."

[​IMG]

"We also shared the chips and dip."

[​IMG]

Trio Combo - Tortilla chips served with salsa, queso, and guacamole

3 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for menu and sign pics

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! As you can see I only got about half of the 20 or so updates posted which I received yesterday. I've got some activities going on at church today so probably won't get to the rest of these (plus those which come in today, which there has already been 3 ;) ) until later. However, the last update which I received last night had such a wonderful ending that I'm going to break my usual rule of posting updates in the order received and share this one with you this morning.

Last night Paula (smile4stamps) had dinner at the Grand Floridian Resort's...

[​IMG]

First some menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paula said, "Sorry they are so dark...I didn't want to use flash. But I succumbed to the flash anyways for my food."

Paula started with a wine flight...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sourdough bread and butter with sea salt...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For her appetizer she chose the...

[​IMG]

Peach Salad with Local Peaches, Jones "Bow Tie" Tiny Lettuces, Roasted Cashews, Flore Nelle Blue Cheese, Dried Apricots, and White Peach Vinaigrette

"It was very nice. Subtle dressing, fresh peaches, cashews and blue cheese balanced it all out."

Then for her entree, Paula had...

[​IMG]

House-made Fettuccine "Scampi" with Maine Lobster and Wild Sustainable Shrimp with Savoy Spinach, Organic Heirloom Tomatoes and Lemon-Chardonnay-Garlic Cream

And finally, her dessert!...

[​IMG]

Narcoossee's Signature Dessert - Almond-crusted Cheesecake with lambert cherry sauce (decorated for Paula's birthday, which is in 3 weeks).

Paula said, "It's so yummy!! I was told by Chef Eddie that this was the best dessert on GF property 4 years ago. I think he was right!!"

Now it was about this time that Paula was "Pixie Dusted" in a big way.

Here is the text I received from Paula this morning...

"I have the most amazing addendum to my dinner last night. (I so wanted to text you about it but it was after 11 pm). Anyways, as I was sitting eating my fabulous dessert (which was complements of the restaurant), the server comes up and says the couple I was talking to while waiting for my entree paid for my entire dinner. I was like are you serious?!?! She said yes, they paid for everything! I was so shocked, amazed and thankful for their generosity. I truly could not believe it. So I was bestowed Pixie Dust by this couple who I guess wanted to do something nice for me because I was wearing the Birthday Button. I did explain that my Birthday was in 3 weeks but I guess that didn't matter! They left while I was only part way through my entree so I wasn't even able to thank them. So if they are reading this. I say thank you so very much! The gesture brought tears to my eyes from their generosity."

And with that awesome, heart-warming story I will leave you...until later today! :wave2:

5 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and wine flight

5. abk96

abk96 Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters

Wow Paula (smile4stamps), that was so nice of that couple. :goodvibes

6. BlovesC

BlovesC home is where the Yeti is!

Oh my gosh what a wonderful dose of pixie dust! That is so sweet, Paula!! :goodvibes

7. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

Wow, that is so amazing that they paid for your entire meal! How generous and nice! Humanity is decent after all! Lol

8. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

Barb, if you need any help with this thread since it is a busy time, let me know! I basically have nothing going on today or tomorrow!

9. MissPrice

MissPrice Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi there Barb! Just wanted to let you know I'm still in for live reporting from Disneyland June 25th to 28th. -Amanda :goodvibes

10. GoofySon'sMom

GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

So many great updates! I have been wanting to try The Wave for lunch but really don't know how I can fit it in next trip. (Plus Andrew really will kill me if I make many more changes! :rotfl:)

What wonderful pixie dust for Paula! How awesome! It is so nice to hear such a great story with all the bad things in the news! So very cool! (And that salad looked delicious!)

11. phi2012

phi2012 Mouseketeer

What a lovely thing that couple did, true generosity. Nd such lovely pixie dust for Paula. :thumbsup2

12. vikkii19

vikkii19 Mouseketeer

I couldn't decide on our dining this trip since there won't be any in the parks. I went through the June/July game list and decided that way. We'll be heading to the not so popular locations.

Here are a few we are planning:

Turf Club dinner
    Flying Fish dinner
    House of Blues dinner
    Rainforest Cafe lunch
    Pepper Market lunch
    Wolfgang Puck express lunch
    Artist Palette BF
    Trails end BF
    We'll also be getting snacks and drinks from the Top of the World Lounge, drinks from Jellyrolls, snacks from the Boardwalk Bakery and Ice Cream from Ghiradelli's.

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Thanks, Rachel. I might just take you up on that offer. I'll see how today goes and how far behind I am by the end of the day. ;)

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Ok, how about some updates? Let's start with one from Kaitlin (KGNOLA).

This is from her dinner on Friday night at Magic Kingdom's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The rolls are soft and hot and the honey butter makes them even yummier!"

[​IMG]

"Standard salad with an oil and vinegar dressing."

[​IMG]

"The best and creamiest mac and cheese ever!"

[​IMG]

"Garlicky green beans...

"...and Mashed Potatoes with gravy rounded out a yummy and very filling meal! We were too stuffed for dessert!"

[​IMG]

Wait, where's the meat??? :confused3 Oh well, imagine a big 'ole platter of meat here... :lmao:

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus points for name and menu

15. Happy 2 B Me

Happy 2 B Me I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

What a wonderful "PAY IT FORWARD THIS MOMENT MIGHT BE". I AM INSPIRED. :):wizard: :cheer2:

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we switch to Chris (dvc4life), who had dinner on Friday night at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"A regular margarita...

[​IMG]

"My cheeseburger and fries...

[​IMG]

"Bobby's Bacon Cheeseburger and fries...

[​IMG]

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name and menu pic

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have Nicole's snack update from the 24 hr Celebration Friday night at Magic Kingdom.

Gaston's Tavern

Nicole said, "We left Ava with my parents and headed to 24 hour Magic Kingdom last night, we had only planned on staying till 1:00 or so since we had an early ressie at Kona but we stayed till 3:00!!! We enjoyed some snacks at 2:00 am! My brother and Jeff had chocolate croissants from Gaston's Tavern."

[​IMG]

"I wasn't going to have anything till I saw the Limited Time Magic Sulley cupcake!!!!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"It was very moist chocolate cupcake with blue icing and chocolate shavings and little Monsters university chocolate topper! It was so good, but I did make them share it with me!"

"And we got a surprise bonus, when we went to get in the looooong line for Space Mountain, the CM loved my Mickey shirt and gave us free fast passes to get right on! Pixie dust at 3 am is the best!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

1 April Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for LTM cupcake and fast pass pics

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have several snack/beverage updates from emmebear from yesterday at Epcot World Showcase.

[​IMG]

"We're on a mission! Agent E in the house!"

First stop for a beverage was at the UK's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Nice cold Stella!" :thumbsup2

Next stop was in France at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm...maybe something from here?...

[​IMG]

Or what about one of these?...

[​IMG]

Yep, that's it! ::yes::

[​IMG]

"The Ham & Cheese Croissant was delicious! Buttery, flaky and everything I shouldn't be eating but it's vacation!" ;)

And of course, while in France one must also have one of these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then once they got all the around to Mexico, it was time for another cool beverage from the Margarita stand.

[​IMG]

emmebear chose a....

[​IMG]

..."Mango Margarita. Perfect on this blazing hot day." :thumbsup2

And to finish this update, here's a pic of a very happy with Emme with her snack...

[​IMG]

5 April Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for signs, menus, pics of emmebear and Emme, display case pics

19. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Emme is just too precious!!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

20. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Wow, so many great updates!

Paula's update from Narcoossee's is wonderful - such a feel-good story. As other have said, with so much horrible news always on the air, it's so uplifting to hear stories of unsolicited kindness. :goodvibes

All the snack pics from Disney 24 are so cool. Wish I had been there so my tongue could have turned green and blue for the day. :laughing:

And emmebear's World Showcase update is great. There's so much great stuff to try at Les Halles, and Emme looks adorable with the lollipop! :)

Time to get started on my current report - so excited to be doing this again (even if it's for a really short trip ;)).

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we will switch over to Paula (smile4stamps), who was at the Grand Floridian Resort for ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paula chose the...

Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea.

"For my tea, I had the Wild Strawberry Green tea."

[​IMG]

Plate of Tea Sandwiches and a small sweet onion tart

"I did not get the salmon one and instead got two pear. But ironically the chicken curry and the cucumber ended up being my favorite."

[​IMG]

Scone and tart, with strawberry preservers and Devonshire cream

"It was delightful. Loved the scone with cream and preserves!"

Next Paula received a little birthday surprise...

[​IMG]

And here's one of the birthday girl...

[​IMG]

"The hostess also sang "Happy Birthday" in Spanish to me. My birthday is in 3 weeks but this is as close as I'm gonna get to being here for it." ;)

"And to finish...

[​IMG]

...Some strawberries and cream (the theme of day is strawberries!). ;)

"This Afternoon Tea was wonderful. My server was Riley and she was excellent, very knowledgeable about the teas. I may even try and come back again before my trip is over."

5 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name, menu, and pic of Paula