Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Sorry to see the yachtsman filet was not up to par. We loved that restaurant last time and are taking the rest of the family this year.

I'm still longing for that Darth Vader cupcake and already told Dsis that she has to bring one home in her luggage in a couple of weeks.

One last update from tonight, this one from smsraven.

She and her family had dinner at DHS'...

First some menu pics...

They started with these appetizers...

Fried Dill Pickles

Chicken Wings with Honey-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce

"DH and DS had the Burger with Cheddar and Bacon...

"I had the Turkey Sandwich...

Smoked Turkey Sandwich - Smoked Turkey, crispy Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with Avocado Mayonnaise on Multi-grain Bread served with Cucumber Salad

"I could have eaten the cucumber salad and been fine."

"We all had shakes for dessert, but I forgot to take pics. The shakes were really good."

"DD and DS were given honorary drivers' licenses. Now DD says I need to go buy her her own car because she doesn't need to driving mine."

"Nice atmosphere, but this has been our least favorite meal."

And last, a pic of the whole family, plus a hitchhiker in the backseat... ;)

3 April Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for sign, menus, screen & license pics, and pic of family

That's all of today's live updates and all I have time for tonight. I promise I'll get to Ellen and Gabrielle's updates sometime. I haven't forgotten you ladies. :thumbsup2 Good night everyone! :wave2:

Such a fun thread! How have I never noticed it before? Do you still need July participants? I'll be in Universal 7-10, and Disney 11-21. We have tons of ADRs and we'd gladly join in.

Let's begin with 1coolnini's update from her dinner last night at the Yacht Club's...

"I had the Heirloom Tomato Salad with Fried Mozzarella curds. Honestly, I was considering either the cheese platter or the Caesar Salad but our waitress suggested this. I have to say it is the best thing I have had on our vacation (so far). I think I would've been happy with just the soup and salad for dinner."

Oh my! That tomato salad looks absolutely delicious!

Hi Barb!!

We are headed back and I would love to bombard you with pics for a week! :)

We are heading down from September 17-22 and staying at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge (concierge level so hopefully we'll take a LOT of pics of this!). Here are our dining plans so far...

Beaches and Cream Lunch
La Hacienda de San Angel
Flying Fish
Citricos
The Crystal Palace Breakfast
Jiko
Via Napoli
Sanaa Lunch

Can't wait! :banana:

Such a fun thread! How have I never noticed it before? Do you still need July participants? I'll be in Universal 7-10, and Disney 11-21. We have tons of ADRs and we'd gladly join in.

Yes, we definitely need more July reporters! Thanks so much for volunteering. I will probably have you send updates from Universal too, if you don't mind. I'll get you added to the July list right away and I'll be in touch by PM sometime in late June with my info for sending your updates. Thanks again!

Hi Barb!!

We are headed back and I would love to bombard you with pics for a week! :)

We are heading down from September 17-22 and staying at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge (concierge level so hopefully we'll take a LOT of pics of this!). Here are our dining plans so far...

I would love to have you again as a live reporter. Welcome to the September team! :thumbsup2

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by 1coolnini from her dinner last night at the...

"When you are seated you will find a salad and cornbread waiting for you at your table...

"Soft drinks, beer, wine and sangria are included. The table next to us (3 healthy men) had several pitchers of beer. We went with the Sangria (not as good as Via Napoli)."

"Bucket of fried chicken. 1coolpapa said it was tasteless, I thought it was okay."

"They also brought out ribs, mashed potatoes, corn and beans (yum)."

"But, you don't go to HDDR for the massive amount of food and drink. You go for the entertainment."

"We both laughed and laughed at the corny songs and jokes Great fun. Good for all ages." :thumbsup2

And then last but not least the...

Strawberry Shortcake Dessert

"I know this is a dining review and the food was very mediocre, plus they brought us enough food for 4 (we are a party of 2). However, would I do HDDR again? You betcha!" :thumbsup2

3 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and show pics and First Update of the Day

We have received one other update so far this morning, this one a two-part update from Kaitlin (KGNOLA).

Part 1 is a beverage update from Kaitlin's "favorite kiosk in Epcot"...

"I started the day with a Mango Green Tea and ended it with a Mango Gingerita (alcoholic and the perfect blend of sweet and tangy)."

Mango Green Tea

"It was very refreshing!"

"My very yummy Mango Gingerita! It has rum and vodka in it." ;)

Then Part 2 is from her dinner at...

Biergarten

Kaitlin said, "I unfortunately did not get a lot of pics of our dinner at Biergarten last night because my phone died! Here is a pic of the wonderful Oktoberfest beer we started with."

"The food was great. We loved the pretzel bread and the variety of sausages."

"The service was amazing and the entertainment was a lot of fun. Our table's consensus was that the beer and cheese soup were the best out of everything we tried, but I unfortunately did not get a pic of the soup."

5 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and new cocktail

Ok, I'm going to now post an update from Ellen (podsnel) from her trip earlier this month.

This update is from her meal at...

SANAA

"Wine flight - the Chenin Blanc one - awesome!"

Sanaa Discovery Wine Flight
Sula Chenin Blanc, Nashik, India - A semi-dry, refreshingly light wine bursting with pineapple and stone fruit
Game Reserve Chenin Blanc, South Africa - Upfront tropical fruit, ripe pineapple, melon, peaches, and honey
Rudera Robusto Chenin Blanc, South Africa - Crisp acidity with peach, pear, and guava

Ellen said, "We all shared 2 bread services. I really missed the paneer paratha bread again - and the naan all tastes the same.
I prefer the onion kulcha to it."

"My only pic of the bread dips. Sorry!"

"We had all the salads from the Salad Sampler."

"The Chickpea one is my favorite."

For her entree, Ellen and the other ladies all chose...

Butter Chicken, Basmati Rice, and Bison Masala

"This used to be my favorite restaurant at WDW. However, they have cut back soooo many choices here that it is too limited and nearly the venue it was. No more shrimp in green curry, etc. - really too bad. :sad2: Not sure I will go back next visit - maybe skip it for a few and hope they bring back more of the better food."

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for wine flight

One more update from Ellen, this one from their lunch at Downtown Disney's...

Ellen said, "Last day, on a whim we ended up dining outside at Portobellos in DTD. It was a beautiful day, and our lunch was excellent! Laura had a Limoncello cocktail, Drea a Blue moon and I had the other one- I am so, so sorry, but I can't find it on any posted menu! It was very refreshing, kind of made up for the crazy sweet one I had at AKV."

Limoncello Cocktail - Limoncello liqueur combined with Patron Citronge, served with a sugar rimmed glass and a lemon wheel.

The bread...

They started with this appetizer...

Calamari -rings lightly fried with tomato basil sauce.

"The calamari was PERFECT- we really appreciated that tender squid! Yummy!"

"For my entree, I had Linguine with Clams, lemon, white wine, and garlic...

"Delicious! Really hit the spot, and it had soooo many clams!"

"Drea tried Mozzarella Stuffed Burger - beef and veal stuffed with fresh mozzarella...

"She felt it was pretty small."

"Laura had the Margherita pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella, basil...

"She really enjoyed it!"

5 April Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for new cocktail, sign, pics of the ladies, and misc. pic

Back to one of our live reporters now, Kaitlin (KGNOLA), who had the Supercalifragilistic breakfast this morning at the Grand Floridian's...

1900 Park Fare

"The Lobster Eggs Benedict and Pecan Cinnamon Roll were very good."

"The group favorite was the omelet station."

"Oh, and the Mickey waffles!" ;)

"DD loved the breakfast pizza!"

"Have a great day and please keep your fingers crossed that we don't get rained out of Spirit of Aloha tonight!"

5 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of Alice & DD and misc. pic

That breakfast pizza from 1900PF looks yummy! We ate dinner there last March and the food was disappointing. Maybe it is time to try breakfast:thumbsup2

Oh my, we are not eating until late this evening as DS is at football (soccer) training and I am starving. I should NOT have looked at this thread. I have, however, added a few more places to my list of possibles for my Mother/Daughter trip next Spring.

And as long as we are at the Grand Floridian, I'm going to post one of Gabrielle's (gabzee) updates from her trip earlier this month.

She said, "We decided to have dinner at...

First some menu pics...

"We first received the bread basket, which had multigrain bread and black olive bread."

"The bread basket was right up our alley and it was so yummy but we made sure not to fill up too much."

For her appetizer, Gabrielle had the...

Florida Heirloom Tomatoes with Mozzarella, Mixed Greens, White Balsamic Tomato Emulsion, Micro Basil, and Garlic Gremolata

"This was so good! It was very light and fresh!"

Her DMom chose this for her appetizer...

Florida King Farm Peaches and Baby Greens Salad with Balsamic-Orange Blossom Honey Emulsion, Pickled Red Pearl Onions, Bosina Robiola-Sun-dried Tomato Crostini, and Spiced Walnuts

"This salad was right up her alley. She loved it!"

They also had these...

Panadas - Spiced and Slow-cooked Beef and Pork in crisp Phyllo with Tamarind Sauce

"Dad really liked these but it was just okay for everyone else. However, it's not really our cup of tea."

And also this...

Arancini - Crispy Risotto with Italian Sausage, Mozzarella, and Poma Rosa Tomato Puree

"This was a delicious and popular dish among our group."

Then for their entrees, her DDad chose the...

Madeira-braised Short Ribs with Trofie Pasta, Wild Mushroom Ragout, and Truffle Creme Fraiche

"Dad loved the mushroom ragout and pasta. He said the meat was very tender."

"Alex got the...

Oak-grilled Filet of Beef with Zucchini (instead of risotto) and Cabernet Demi-glace

"He must have liked this dish since he ate the entire thing." ;)

Her DMom chose the...

Seared Tofu with Zucchini and Eggplant Ratatouille, Roasted Mushrooms, Lentils, and Sun-dried Tomato Puree

And Gabrielle had this for her entree...

Cassola Fregola Sarda - Head-on Shrimp, Atlantic Scallops, New Smyrna Clams, P.E.I. Mussels, and Peppadew Coulis

"I wasn't sure what I wanted to order but I'm so glad I ordered this. Everything was super yummy and flavorful!"

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menus pics

Wo, had never really conisdered Citricos as it's a bit 'posh' for me but love the sound of some of those tapas items on the menu. Plus, the Panadas look lovely - isn't it Citricos that has the lemon cheesecake for dessert too?

Hello all ... I hope Barb will indulge me as I hijack the thread to ask you all to raise your glass of choice ... whether it is a

Glowtini ...

Avocado Margarita ....

Sangria ... red ...

Or white ....

Sake ...

Or a Sake - rita

A Grand Marnier Slush ....

Or just a glass of wine ...

I am rejoining the world of the employed! My "downsizing"/temporary job/unemployed nightmare is about to end! I was offered a job at a large Credit Union in the area starting on June 10th as that is their next training schedule. I am so excited! I really wanted this job!

I was able to travel with Andrew's lacrosse team as their score keeper so I cannot be upset about by unexpected time off. Their season is ending and I am about to return to work!

Sooooo, I am now really hoping to be able to pull off the December weekend and I can continue to plan our 10 days in August without fear of having to cancel. :cool1:

Woohoo, great news Vicki :cool1:

I'll have a Grey Goose Citron Slush for/with you :drinking1

Woohoo, great news Vicki :cool1:

I'll have a Grey Goose Citron Slush for/with you :drinking1

Thanks, Joh! That is actually my Slush of choice as well but I coudn't find a good pic of one quickly! I will definitely be having one (or two) in August! I don't really drink much when it is just Andrew and I but for these heavenly slushes I will make an exception!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter