Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

:cheer2: BlovesC :cheer2:

BlovesC - B (Becky) & C (Charlie) are back at WDW to celebrate Becky's birthday (which is on Wednesday). This time they are staying for almost a full week, from 1/15 -1/21. :woohoo:

Becky will again be doing live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Becky & Charlie!!! :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I'm going to start out this evening by posting some updates that I received last night from glasslipper (her trip ended on Saturday).

The first one is from Downtown Disney's...

Wolfgang Puck Express

[​IMG]

Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf served with Mashed Potatoes and Port Wine Sauce, and topped with crispy onion rings

"Very good." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

Oven Roasted Salmon with fennel, tomatoes, arugula, roasted potatoes and horseradish cream

"This was very good too!"

[​IMG]

Spaghetti Bolognese with meat sauce, peas and parmesan cheese

"Also very good."

And for dessert...

[​IMG]

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake & Brownie

"Both good."

[​IMG]

Creme Brulee

[​IMG]

Frozen Yogurt

"Both of these were good too!"

Then from their meal at Epcot's...

Chefs de France

[​IMG]

Demi poulet fermier roti, pommes rissolees et broccoli
    Half of an all-natural roasted chicken, rissole potatoes and broccoli

"DH's entree, very good."

[​IMG]

Dairy-free version of the Chicken Entree

"The chef made it dairy-free (just minus the sauce that has butter in it). Very good!"

And for dessert...

[​IMG]

"The sorbet was amazing!"

[​IMG]

Profiteroles au chocolat
    Puff choux pastry with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce

"Very good."

And last, a few snack updates.

From Starring Rolls Cafe...

[​IMG]

Butterfinger Cupcake

"This was great!"

From Norway's Kringla Bakeri og Cafe...

[​IMG]

School Bread

"Way too much cream but the pastry shell was good."

[​IMG]

Sweet Pretzel with Almonds

"This was great!"

7 January Game Points Earned

4. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

YUM! The chicken and profiteroles at Chefs de France were some of the favorite things we ate on our last vacation!

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now for today's updates, beginning with our First Update of the Day, which came from Couchy.

She said, "We did a horrible job at remembering pics yesterday. :worried: We did not eat too much anyway.

This was from the Dolphin's..."

Picabu Buffeteria

[​IMG]

Chicken strips & french fries

Couchy said, "There were ok and filled a void. We would not rush to eat again."

[​IMG]

"This is the menu from the Cabana Bar & Beach Club (located poolside at the Dolphin). We ordered a burger and quesadillas, which are not on this menu. The food here is pretty good. They have a larger menu if you actually eat at the bar. The small menu is for poolside delivery."

[​IMG]

"This is an Ultimate Long Island Ice Tea. Yum! We had this last night while watching football at the Crew's Cup Lounge [Yacht Club]. DH loved grabbing a drink here and I agree. It's a nice hidden gem."

Then Couchy and her DH had breakfast this morning at the Swan's...

Garden Grove Cafe

Couchy said, "We got this meal for free because of a few room issues. We were pleasantly surprised with a free breakfast buffet."

[​IMG]

"This is DH's first plate. He loved the eggs, the bacon was a bit too crispy, hash browns were good, cinnamon roll was excellent and the frosting was not too sweet. Also the pancakes were great!"

[​IMG]

"This was my first plate: made to order egg white western omelette, which was awesome. I did not care for the rest...French toast was a bit limp, breakfast sausage seemed greasy but DH enjoyed it and a mini cheese Danish, which was ok."

[​IMG]

"I also had a plate of fresh melons and berries with yogurt and granola. This was very good.
    The berries were so juicy and flavorful."

10 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for First Update of the Day, menu pic, and new cocktail

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in today was an update from butiflfeet.

She and her family had lunch yesterday at...

SANAA

They started with some cocktails...

[​IMG]

African Starr Mojito
    Starr African Rum, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, fresh Mint, and Lime.

[​IMG]

Malawi Mango Margarita
    A frozen blend of Tequila, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, Mango Purée, and freshly squeezed Lime Juice.

"Three of us had the mojito and one had the mango margarita. All were very tasty."

Next a few menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Indian-style Bread Service

butiflfeet said, "For a starter, we tried the bread service. We had Naan with Garlic Pickle, Mango Chutney, and Cucumber Raita dips. The resounding winner was the garlic pickle. We all loved it!"

[​IMG]

Tandoori Chicken Salad served on a bed of watercress and Romaine lettuce, with tomatoes, quinoa and a honey-shallot dressing

"I had the Tandoori Chicken salad. To be honest I thought it was boring. I liked that the chicken was thighs and breast but it lacked flavor and the salad itself didn't have much texture. The lettuce was limp and the tomatoes were mushy. I was wanting something crunchy and flavorful and this was not it."

[​IMG]

Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned
    Butter Chicken & Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce, served with Basmati rice

[​IMG]

Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned
    Spicy Durban Chicken & Beef Short Ribs, served with Basmati rice

"DH had this. He thought they were both very good and had complex flavors."

[​IMG]

Vegetarian Sampler
    Spicy Peas, chickpeas and potatoes & Mixed Seasonal Greens and Tomatoes,
    served with Five-grain pilaf

"This was my mom's. She loved it but it was spicy and she loved spice. No dessert for us here.
    We had plans for Downtown Disney."

3 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics and new cocktail

7. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

I got selected for live updates this week !! YAY !! :banana:

I tried during Thanksgiving and had to abort my mission because the wifi at SSR was just so slow and kept kicking me out. So .... epic fail.

I am trying it on my phone this time, so I hope it works out better. The kids have a school holiday on Thursday, Friday and Monday. But DH and I have to go back to work on Monday - boo.

Here are our plans:

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Arrive and check-in at Boardwalk. Head to Epcot for random CS. DD wants nachos from San Angel, so maybe we will do that.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Breakfast at Kouzzina
    Lunch - CS at AK
    Dinner - Chefs de France

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lunch - CS at HS
    Dinner - Mama Melrose

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern

Then - sadly - we will head home. :sad:

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received this snack update from Lauren (Giselle22).

[​IMG]

"Ready for my beignets!"

"Mom and I went to the French Quarter for breakfast and shared some beignets, a cup of strawberries and raspberries (I asked for this at the oatmeal/yogurt station), and hot chocolate. Beignets were yummy, fruit was really good and fresh, hot chocolate of course was just meh." ;)

1 January Games Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Lauren and tip to wear a napkin bib when eating beignets :thumbsup2

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then not long after we received this snack update from butiflfeet.

She said, "Here's our snacks from yesterday! We stopped at Port Orleans French Quarter to get some beignets."

And so we have...Beignets (Take II) ;)

[​IMG]

butiflfeet said, "Loved these! They were chewy and sweet and wonderful!"

"When we got to Downtown Disney we stopped at Cooke's of Dublin for a Doh Bar..."

[​IMG]

"Doh-Bar" Donut Battered Snickers

"This was fantastic! Like a Snickers filled donut!"

And butiflfeet also sent us a menu pic...

[​IMG]

Boy, am I hungry for beignets now!!! :lmao:

2 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

10. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

I am new(ish) to DDP; are beignets and Doh-Bars a snack credit? Please say it is.... :rotfl2:

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in was another update from Couchy.

She and her DH had lunch at Downtown Disney's...

Wolfgang Puck Express

[​IMG]

Glass of Wolfgang Puck Cabernet Sauvignon

Couchy said, "Good stuff."

[​IMG]

Barbequed Chicken Pizza with Red onion, cilantro, tomatoes and smokey BBQ sauce

"Yum! This might be DH's fav thing ever!"

[​IMG]

Chinois Chicken Salad with crispy wontons, cashews, ginger and sesame honey dressing

"This was awesome too."

2 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for the tip that WPE serves wine :confused3

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Sorry I had to cut it kind of short tonight but my DH insisted on using the laptop. :worried: I still have more updates from butiflfeet, Lauren, Niki, and glasslipper to share with you plus a surprise update from Disneyland. :thumbsup2 I'll try and get a few of these posted in the morning before I go to work and then the rest tomorrow night. So check back tomorrow for lots more great updates! ;)

13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Finally caught up .... again... great updates... loved seeing highlights of the winners!

And Barb, I will be seeing your surprise guest at Disneyland this week! ;)

14. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Barb, I'm a local to DL and we go at least twice a month. I can take requests! In fact, we just went tonight and ate at Carnation Cafe. Let me know if there's any place anyone is looking for.

15. GoofySon'sMom

GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

I would love to see updates from Disneyland! :thumbsup2

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Yay! Don't forget to send pics! :goodvibes

More updates from Disneyland would be great! :thumbsup2 If you have any pics to send our way before I send out the PM with my info later this month to the February team, then just let me know.

Ask and you shall receive, Vicki! :)

Because for our next update we are taking a detour west to Disneyland, where one of our distinguished alumni reporters is currently visiting and surprised me with this text yesterday...

"Hi Barb! I'm hanging out in DL for a few days. Not sure if you want pics or not?"

To which I of course replied, "Sure Paula! How fun!" :thumbsup2

And so I'm very happy to share with you Paula's (smile4stamps) first update from...

DISNEYLAND

Paula said, "All right...Here was my super fattening snack with a side of healthy..." ;)

[​IMG]

From the Golden Horseshoe Review: Monte Cristo Bites with apple slices

"And ironically I went across to California Adventure to get a drink, only to discover they have the same cocktail menu as WDW so I got a Pimm's Punch to make it feel like I was back at the Wilderness Lodge, where I had one with my hubby sitting next to me." :hug:

[​IMG]

Pimm's Punch - Pimm's No. 1 Liqueur, Hendrick's Gin, Odwalla Lemonade, and Wild Strawberry

1 January Game Point Earned

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we will be "Yachting" back to Disney World and dock at the "Club" for dinner with butiflfeet at...

Yachtsman Steakhouse

butiflfeet began her update with something that I love... :love:

MENU PICS!!! :banana:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

butiflfeet said, "It was just 3 of us at dinner last night. My mom tries to eat a vegan diet so a steakhouse was not on her list of must-do's this trip. ;) DH and I had the Caesar salad and my sister had the wedge salad.
    Both were nicely presented and very flavorful."

[​IMG]

Caesar Salad with Crisp Romaine, Parmesan Cheese, Coppa Secco, and Focaccia Croutons

[​IMG]

Steakhouse "Wedge" - Iceberg Lettuce, Blue Cheese, Hazelnuts, Tomatoes, and Herbs

"For our mains, both DSis and I had the hanger steak but I subbed the side for mashed potatoes.
    We both loved this! Very flavorful and just as tender as any filet I've had."

[​IMG]

Beef Hanger Steak with Herb Butter
    served with Truffle Fries with aioli and Garden Salad

[​IMG]

Beef Hanger Steak with Herb Butter
    served with Mashed Potatoes (subbed for the usual sides, shown above)

"DH had the NY strip steak. His was a touch overdone but he ate all of it so it had to have been good."

[​IMG]

12-oz. Prime New York Strip Steak with Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce
    served with Gruyere Potato Gratin

"We also split a side of creamed spinach. This was a bit salty for my taste but overall we all liked it."

[​IMG]

Creamed Spinach with Parmigiano-Reggiano and Gruyere Cheeses

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for Menu pics

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next glasslipper sent some additional pics that were missing from her update of their meal at...

WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS

[​IMG]

Oven Roasted Salmon with fennel, tomatoes, arugula, roasted potatoes and horseradish cream

"This was very good!"

[​IMG]

Spaghetti Bolognese with meat sauce, peas and parmesan cheese

"Also very good."

And a couple more desserts...

[​IMG]

Creme Brulee

[​IMG]

Frozen Yogurt

"Both of these were good!"

glasslipper also sent an update from another popular place at Downtown Disney,...

Earl of Sandwich

[​IMG]

Ham and Swiss Sandwich with Roasted Ham, Swiss cheese, and Earl's mustard sauce

"This was great."

[​IMG]

Caribbean Jerk Chicken with grilled chicken, roasted red and banana peppers with a spicy jerk sauce

"Amazing!"

3 January Game Points Earned for new EoS update

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

:cheer2: soontobewed07 :cheer2:

soontobewed07 and family will be from 1/16 - 1/27 and staying at the BWV. Here are their Dining Plans.

She has volunteered to do live updates for us during their trip!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, soontobewed07!!! :cool1:

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I received three great updates from Lauren (Giselle22) last night. Two of them are longer dinner updates from Jiko and Restaurant Marakesh (with lots of great pics :thumbsup2) so I will save those for this evening in order to do them justice.
    I also have in the queue for tonight a great update from Niki Adiokno of their dinner last night at Kimonos...and this time her camera was working! :banana:

But for now, I will leave you with Lauren's snack update from France's new bakery...

Les Halles

[​IMG]

Lauren said, "We went back to Les Halles later in the afternoon to try some pastries! My brothers, mom, and I shared a napoleon, strawberry tart, and chocolate tart. The napoleon is fairly thick pastry cream with a thin layer of puff pastry on top and bottom. It was just the right amount of sweet. The strawberry tart is a vanilla cream, which just tasted sort of sweet, like whipped cream, with big strawberries in a light syrup on top. The chocolate tart has a layer of caramel custard with chocolate mousse on top. As you can see from the second picture, we loved them all! These were fantastic pastries, and we already want to go back and try more!" ;)

[​IMG]

5 January Game Points Earned

Note from jabead: It looks to me like they've changed my beloved Napoleon!!! :scared1:
    This one looks like the generic one they have at other WDW bakeries. :confused3

Here is the Napoleon I know and love...

[​IMG]

21. AvasMommy526

AvasMommy526 Mouseketeer

My DF and I got away this weekend and at the restaurant we had dinner at, I had bread pudding beignets for dessert with a raspberry compote of some sort....... :love::cloud9::cloud9::love:
    Literally I have no words, they were THAT amazing and I got them all because of this thread so thank you reporters who have enjoyed the beignets in WDW, I am going for those in May!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.