Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next is a lunch update sent to us by JessiLynn015.

She said, "We only had 1 meal yesterday due to such a large late lunch, so this morning we were hungry!!
    We decided to head to Downtown Disney and fill up at Wolfgang Puck Express."

Wolfgang Puck Express

[​IMG]

Spicy Chicken Pizza - Chili oil, grilled chicken, red & yellow peppers, roma tomatoes, leeks, and cilantro

JessiLynn said, 'Mom had the spicy chicken pizza. As you can tell, we were hungry because we grabbed a piece as soon as she set it on the table. It was great! I loved the cilantro."

[​IMG]

Rotisserie Turkey Club Sandwich with Avocado, bacon, red onion, plum tomatoes, romaine, remoulade and french fries

JessiLynn said, "I had the turkey club. This was also delicious.
    It had some kind of avocado mayo on it that gave it a great flavor."

[​IMG]

Cavatappi Chicken Alfredo with peas, bacon and parmesan cheese

JessiLynn said, "DH had the chicken Alfredo. He didn't like the cheese flavor that was in it, but he managed to eat the entire plate." ;)

[​IMG]

Creme Brulee & Vanilla Bean Cheesecake

JessiLynn said, "I had the crème brûlée and LOVED it! It was great and I would say better than the one I had at Coral Reef. Mom & DH had the cheesecake and both loved it. They agreed its the perfect size after having such a large meal." :thumbsup2

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for Wolfgang Puck Express

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received our first update from Kristin (krhst25).

She and her family have arrived at Disney World and their first meal was at...

Landscapes of Flavor

[​IMG]

Create Your Own Pasta

Kristin said, "My son had the create your own pasta and I shared a meatball sandwich with my daughter. He said the pasta was a bit watery . The rest of of our food we ate before I could get pix. My mom had the crabcake sandwich and I tasted it ..it was good.

[​IMG]

Meatball Sandwich on Ciabatta with side Caesar salad

And for dessert...

[​IMG]

2 Point Roulette Bet Placed on Resort Group 2 for Landscapes of Flavor at AoA

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from Rarity.

On Wednesday she and her sister were at Epcot and dined at...

Le Cellier

[​IMG]

Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon
    Le Cellier “Signature Dish” served with Wild Mushroom Risotto and White Truffle Butter Sauce

Rarity said, "We both had the filet. This was our first time at Le Cellier, and it did not disappoint. The steaks were cooked perfectly and were so tender."

Then for their desserts, they chose...

[​IMG]

Canadian Chocolate "Moose"

[​IMG]

Chocolate Pecan Pie on the Rocks

Rarity said, "My sister had the Chocolate Moose, and they were sweet enough to add a candle to it. She's been saying for months she couldn't wait to eat its face, and she did enjoy it, except for whatever the tongue was made of. I had the Pecan Pie on the Rocks. It was dubbed "the neverending dessert" by our server, and he wasn't kidding. I love dessert and can put away some food, but I just couldn't finish it. It was delicious, though!"

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 2 for Le Cellier at Canada

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And our last update of the day was sent by JessiLynn015.

She and her DH got to try the LeFou's Brew today at...

Gaston's Tavern

[​IMG]

LeFou' Brew

JessiLynn said, "We loved the juice, but the topping was a bit too sour for our liking.

Then at dinner her DH had a different kind of brew at Epcot's...

Biegarten

[​IMG]

Oktoberfest Beer

JessiLynn said, We had dinner at Biergarten tonight! Sadly, there we no booths and I couldn't bring the stroller in, so I had to hold Kesler throughout the dinner and it made it difficult to get different pictures."

"DH did happen to snap a pic of his Liter of Oktoberfest. He loved it! As for the meal, mom and DH really enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan of the types of foods they had there so it's not somewhere I'd go again. The service and entertainment were great, though!"

1 point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Gaston's Tavern
    1 point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 5 for Biergarten at Germany

6. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hey Barb

Just dropping in to say hi and yummy!

Thanks again to all the live reporters and thanks to you for continuing this great thread :)

Lx

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I have spun the Roulette wheel and here were the winning numbers for Dec. 13th.

Magic Kingdom: Group 2, 4
    Epcot: Group 2, 6
    Hollywood Studios: Group 3
    Animal Kingdom: Group 3
    Downtown Disney: Group 1
    Resorts: 3, 8

Here were the 18 bets placed yesterday:

DisWishes720 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Crystal Palace
    ses1230 - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 5 for the Plaza
    ses1230 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on DHS Group 2 for Starring Rolls Cafe
    DisWishes720 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for the Boardwalk Bakery
    grrlennyl - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on DHS Group 2 for Starring Rolls
    DisWishes720 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 4 for Columbia Harbour House WINNER :santa:
    DisWishes720 - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 6 for Turkey Leg cart
    grrlennyl - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 5 for the The Plaza
    jmm476 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 3 for Tangierine Cafe in Morocco
    jmm476 - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 5 for Italy's Wine Shop
    jmm476 - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 6 for China's Joy of Tea WINNER :santa:
    jmm476 - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 6 for Kringli Og in Norway WINNER :santa:
    jmm476 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 7 for La Cantina in Mexico
    JessiLynn015 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for Wolfgang Puck Express WINNER :santa:
    krhst25 - 2 Point Roulette Bet Placed on Resort Group 2 for Landscapes of Flavor at AoA
    Rarity - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 2 for Le Cellier at Canada WINNER :santa:
    JessiLynn015 - 1 point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Gaston's Tavern
    JessiLynn015 - 1 point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 5 for Biergarten at Germany

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Today I am featuring our #2 STAR (scoring 71 Scavenger Hunt Points)...

:cheer2: podsnel :cheer2:

podsnel - Ellen & family were at AKV in a GV from 11/2 to 11/7, then BWV from 11/7-11/11.
    She did many great live updates for us!

[​IMG]

Ellen & a Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush from the France Kiosk

[​IMG]

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake from the Boardwalk Bakery

Also from the Boardwalk Bakery...

[​IMG]

Caramel Pecan Sticky Bun

[​IMG]

Chocolate Croissant

[​IMG]

Braised Short Ribs from Kouzzina

But Tim didn't like his Kouzzina Short Ribs so here is what he had for dinner that night...

[​IMG]

Tim and his Hot Dog from the Boardwalk-to-Go Kiosk

[​IMG]

Shrimp Scampi from Tony's Town Square

[​IMG]

Brownie Sundae from The Plaza Restaurant

[​IMG]

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow

[​IMG]

Pods & his brother, Steven, with their beer flights at Raglan Road

And also from Raglan Road...

[​IMG]

Tyler enjoying the dessert

Pics of the Sanaa Bread Service...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim enjoying the S'mores Dessert at '50s Prime Time Cafe :thumbsup2

Thanks again Ellen for doing an Outstanding Job of Live Reporting!!! :thanks:

YOU ARE TRULY A STAR! :worship:

9. emmebear

emmebear nurse & mommy.

hello everyone! i'm working a little over a half day & then we are off to disney to celebrate emme. i finalized our ADR's just last night & need to load up the car during my lunch break. :rotfl:

emme was rushed to the ER & hospitalized in the PICU at wolfson's childrens hospital on 12/6/11 for unexplained seizures. she stopped breathing after her seizure ended & my brother (who is a sgt in the army & a combat medic) started chest compressions on her while i called 911. i'm a nurse & i've seen a lot of heartbreaking situations but this was probably the worst moment of my life.

we were in the PICU for 8 days, 7 nights. she randomly had a seizure at our house & then another one in the ER. the doctors ran every test on her, including a spinal tap & they could not figure out why she was having seizures.

she has a neurologist we visit every 3 months & thus far, we have been seizure free since 12/6/11 & this is worth celebrating. :cool1:

[​IMG]
    what a difference a year makes!

not trying to be a debbie downer with this post but we have lots of celebrating to do during this trip. :cheer2:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And now for our First Update of the Day, which was sent by grrrlennyl.

She and her partner had dinner last night at...

Landscapes of Flavor

[​IMG]

Create Your Own Pasta with chicken (served on the side)

grrrlennyl said, "We shared this. It was linguini (I think they called it spaghetti) with a decently spiced marinara sauce, sundried tomatoes, and peppers. That little bowl is the chicken that my partner got on the side. The pasta was vegan, except for the bowl of chicken. The bread was pretty good, but we shared and I wish we'd had another piece."

[​IMG]

grrrlennyl said, "These are the cupcakes my partner got for our dessert. I thought they were Babycakes, but they were actually just Disney ones. Not vegan, but the yellow and chocolate were both good. My partner said the carrot cake was good. We haven't tried the red velvet yet."

Then this morning grrrlennyl is at Magic Kingdom and had this snack from...

Aloha Isle

[​IMG]

Pineapple Dole Whip Float

grrrlennyl said, "Breakfast of champions. Not vegan, but good for lactose-intolerant folks, I've heard." :thumbsup2

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for First Update of the Day

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for Landscapes of Flavor at AoA
    1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Aloha Isle

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Definitely worth celebrating! :goodvibes

I look forward to hearing from you soon. :thumbsup2

12. soontobewed07

soontobewed07 DIS Veteran

After working in a pedi ER for over 5 years I know what a blessing it is to have your little girl survive That! You DO have a lot to celebrate! I hope you have an amazing trip and enjoy each precious minute with Emme.

13. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Right, you HAVE you have the most awesome trip EVER and that's an order all the way from England - pixie dust gathers strength when it has to cross the Atlantic (it's a well known fact :))

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

The next update was again from grrrlennyl.

Her lunch today was at Magic Kingdom's...

Tortuga Tavern

[​IMG]

Vegetarian Burrito, Hot Tea, & Chocolate Cake

grrrlennyl said, "The burrito and hot tea, both vegan. Chocolate cake, not vegan. The burrito was so full of rice and beans that I didn't know if I could fit any toppings in it. Ha! It was good. As usual. It's such a good, filling vegan option and great for picky eaters because you put whatever you want on it. The cake was pretty good. The frosting was obviously canned, but the cake was really moist. It went well with my tea."

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 6 for Tortuga Tavern

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up is our last update from Jill (jmm476).

Their last few hours at Disney World were spent at Magic Kingdom, where they had lunch at...

Columbia Harbour House

[​IMG]

Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fish Combo with French Fries, Lobster Roll with potato chips, Chocolate Cake, & Apple Crisp

Jill said, "DH had this and wasn't thrilled with the fish. I had the lobster roll. I thought it had a good amount of lobster pieces.
    I love the apple crisp dessert here, slightly warm and gooey."

Then Jill said, "We had a few snack credits left, so we stopped by Storybook Circus and got a piece of..."

Cookies & Cream Fudge

[​IMG]

"And also a Mickey Rice Krispie Treat with M & M's..."

[​IMG]

"And lastly a Chocolate Chip Cookie from the Main Street Confectionery..."

[​IMG]

"Charlotte wouldn't let go of it for me to get a proper picture!" ;)

"And that wraps it up. We're in the car now and headed home." :sad1:

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for the pic of DD Charlotte

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 4 for Columbia Harbour House
    1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Big Top Souvenirs in Storybook Circus area
    1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Main Street Confectionery

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next update was emailed to us by Kristin (krhst25).

She and her family spent their first evening at Disney World at Magic Kingdom and had dinner at...

Cinderella's Royal Table

First pic is of the menu...

[​IMG]

Dinner Menu as of 12-13-12

[​IMG]

Bread Basket

[​IMG]

CASTLE SALAD
    Mixed Greens, Apples, Cucumbers, and Candied Walnuts topped with shaved Romano Cheese with a hint of Herb Vinaigrette

[​IMG]

KIDS' GARDEN SALAD

[​IMG]

ROCK SHRIMP COCKTAIL
    with Tomato Marmalade

Kristin said, "Four of us had the salads (very good), and I had the shrimp cocktail - very salty."

[​IMG]

GRILLED PORK CHOP
    with Apple Chutney, Sweet Potato Purée, and Swiss Chard

[​IMG]

BEEF TENDERLOIN
    with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus, and a Tarragon Demi-glace

[​IMG]

KIDS TURKEY POT PIE

Kirstin said, "I had the porkchop. Wasn't bad! DD1 had the pasta " it was okay." DS had beef and My dad did too- delicious. My mom keeps eating before I can get a pic. Snapper was excellent. The youngest had the turkey potpie- she really liked it."

Then for their desserts, they chose...

[​IMG]

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
    topped with Candied Pecans and a drizzle of Cranberry Sauce

[​IMG]

Dessert Trio - Lemon Sorbet, and Pumpkin Cheesecake, Flourless Chocolate Cake

Kristin said, "All of these were yummy."

[​IMG]

Kristin's DD enjoying her cupcake

"We really enjoyed our dinner here! Our service was excellent and it was a wonderful first meal for my parents." :thumbsup2

2 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points Earned for the Menu pic & pic of DD

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 2 for Cinderella's Royal Table

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from JessiLynn015.

She and her family were at Magic Kingdom today and had lunch at...

Columbia Harbour House

JessiLynn said, "Today we had lunch at CHH. Be Our Guest was at an estimated 60 minute wait for lunch so we opted out." :sad2:

[​IMG]

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich
    White tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun with French Fries and Apple Crisp

JessiLynn said, "Mom and I each ordered the tuna sandwich, fries, and apple crisp (more like a turnover). It was great as always! The sandwich filled me up! I could hardly finish my dessert."

[​IMG]

Chicken Breast Nuggets with French Fries and Chocolate Cake

JessiLynn said, "DH had the chicken breast nuggets with fries and chocolate cake. It didn't fill him up so I have him my fries. He liked it though."

And then they had this treat from...

Aloha Isle

[​IMG]

Dole Whip Floats

JessiLynn said, "So refreshing!" :thumbsup2

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 4 for Columbia Harbor House
    1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Aloha Isle

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

The next update was sent to us by grrrlennyl.

She is still at Magic Kingdom this evening and had dinner at...

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

[​IMG]

Vegetarian Burger served with French fries and apple slices

grrrlennyl said, "I had the veggie burger with lots of pickles, lettuce, and ketchup from the toppings bar. Plus fries, a Sprite, and apple slices (as my dessert)...all vegan, but maybe not the bun. I don't know if they changed the veggie burgers or if I was just not as hungry as I was last year, but this was not as good as I remember it. Whomp!" :worried:

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 5 for Cosmic Rays

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Though we received many more updates yesterday from our Disney World reporters, I will be honest with you and say that last night I just didn't feel like posting them. After hearing about the senseless tragedy which occurred in Connecticut, I had no words...all seemed woefully inadequate. So I decided to let the Live thread remain silent for the evening and instead spend the time enjoying the company of my family, including all three of my children.

I will now attempt to get caught up with the updates, but today happens to be my baby boy's 17th birthday so I will not make you any promises. My thoughts this morning are also with another mom and her "baby boy", who is being deployed to Afghanistan today.

[​IMG]

Chad and Brenda (aka emmysmommy)

I pray for Chad's safety and quick return to those who love him, as well as for all of our troops serving their country overseas. And for the heartbroken families of Connecticut, may God give you the strength to get through the difficult days ahead.

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And now for some live updates from our Happy Place, beginning with one from emmebear and her little ray of sunshine, Emme.

[​IMG]

Art of Animation Resort's Christmas Tree

They were delayed by traffic due to an accident on I4, so had to cancel their dinner reservation at Narcoossee's last night.

So instead their first meal was at...

Landscapes of Flavor

Here is what they had...

[​IMG]

Chicken thigh Tandoori, Spinach with Paneer, & Lentils

[​IMG]

And for dessert...

[​IMG]

emmebear said, "I wish I was at Narcoossee's eating my 2 pound lobster. :sad2: Dinner here was OK.
    The portions were a lot smaller than last time we ate here. I'm still hungry!"

And so then the next pic emmebear sent was from Publix... :lmao:

[​IMG]

Time for some grocery shopping! ;)

Then a pic from back at their resort, Pop Century...

[​IMG]

Pop Century's Christmas Tree

4 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points Earned for pics of emmebear, Emme, and two Christmas trees

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for Landscapes of Flavor at AoA

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up is a Magic Kingdom snack update from grrrlennyl.

Gaston's Tavern

[​IMG]

LeFou's Brew

grrrlennyl said, "I liked it way better than I thought I would. Not sure if it's vegan (probably not the foam), but I think there will be another in my future. Definitely something to share though." ;)

And then she sent a Dessert update from...

Citricos

[​IMG]

Warm Chocolate-Banana Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream and Handcrafted Belgium Couverture Chocolate Crown

grrrlennyl said, "This was my dessert. It was pretty good! My partner got the green apple sorbet that was pretty good, too. I'd definitely come back here for a "fancypants" dessert." :thumbsup2

1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Gaston's Tavern
    1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 4 for Citricos at the Grand Floridian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.