Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from Pam (mousiemom).

She and her family had dinner tonight at Pop Century's...

Everything Pop Food Court

[​IMG]

Pepperoni Pizza

[​IMG]

California Sushi Roll

[​IMG]

Cupcake

[​IMG]

Yogurt with Strawberries & Granola

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then our last update of this evening came from an unexpected source. ;)

This update came from Paula (smile4stamps), who is currently at Disneyland.

The first pic she sent was from her lunch at...

Carnation Cafe

[​IMG]

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

This was a great surprise, but then the next pic was even better. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

Paula (smile4stamps) & Brenda (emmysmommy) in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland

Love the picture ladies...thanks so much for sending it! :goodvibes

4. JessiLynn015

JessiLynn015 DIS Veteran

My trip will include DH, baby DS (about 4mo at the time of trip), & my Mom. Since I moved south, Mom has met me at Disney for four year in a row! We've made it a tradition. We're excited to include my guys this time. DH has recently returned from his third deployment and my mom hasn't seen Kesler since he was a newborn. Mom has recent health issues that prevent her from riding all the "thrill" rides, so she's glad she'll have Kes to keep her occupied while DH & I enjoy us time on our favorite rides.

We'll be staying 10 days at AoA in a Lion King suite. I haven't scored a BOG ressie yet, but I'm still on the hunt! I'm hoping some pixie dust will find me pixiedust:

We decided to try places that some or none of us have been to. The current line up is:
    Coral Reef (I've had 2 not-so-good meals here, but DH has never been)
    Mama Melrose (none of us have been)
    'Ohana (our favorite & a must do)
    Kona for dinner & breakfast (my favorite restaurant)
    Yak & Yeti (new for DH)
    Biergarten (new for us)
    Les Chefs (new)
    Via Napoli (new)
    San Angel Inn (new)

I'm looking forward to eating all the delicious food! My last trip with Mom I was pretty good at snapping pics before we dug in, so lets hope I can do the same thing this time around :thumbsup2

5. krhst25

krhst25 Mouseketeer

Looking forward to holiday roulette! Thanks, Barb!

6. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

December roulette is such a creative and fun idea! You do an amazing job keeping this thread updated and full of fun!

Glad you finally received the photo of us tonight. Michael, Emily and I had a lovely evening with Paula (smile4stamps) watching the holiday fireworks and dinner at Naples in DTD.

7. emmebear

emmebear nurse & mommy.

You used a hunger games reference. I like you even more! :)

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I first must post a holiday-themed pic which sanapp included with her Flying Fish update last night.
    My apologies to sanapp for forgetting it. :guilty:

[​IMG]

While she didn't say in her email update, I'm assuming that this festive photo was taken in the lobby of the Boardwalk Resort.

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

ATTN: DECEMBER REPORTERS

I've added a couple more details to the Holiday Roulette Game.

The first is -

Please don't forget to include the location in your update descriptions. For instance, if you send a pic of an ice cream cone please tell me from what specific location it was purchased, such as the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and not just Magic Kingdom. If you purchase a snack from a cart and include it in an update, then say Main Street cart or cart by XXXX ride. I'll then assign it to one of the Groups so that it is eligible to win a Roulette point.

The other thing is that I originally forgot to state that the Holiday-themed pics do not have to be of edible items. Anything we have not seen yet here on this thread could potentially be worth a point (subject to my discretion). So be creative with your festive photos! :santa:

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And now for our First Update of the Day, which for the 3rd day in a row is from Jess (ILikeWaffles). The girl is on a roll! :woohoo:

She and Pete are now at Disney World and staying at Port Orleans Riverside.
    They had an early breakfast this morning at the...

Riverside Mill Food Court

[​IMG]

"Make Your Own Omelet" with cheddar cheese, ham, and tomato and a side of home fries

[​IMG]

Cheese Danish

Jess said, "We shared the omelet and also split the danish. It was all very good, but I liked the home fries the best." :thumbsup2

2 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have a couple of Holiday-themed pics from emmebear, who was at Disney World last weekend but forgot to send these while she was there.

[​IMG]

Emme & Christmas Duffy

[​IMG]

Emme, emmebear & Magic Kingdom Toy Soldiers

2 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

12. sunnysideup3

sunnysideup3 DIS Veteran

We leave tomorrow! I can't wait to live report for everyone! :thumbsup2

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from our current Disneyland reporter, Paula (smile4stamps).

These pics are from her breakfast this morning at...

Goofy's Kitchen

[​IMG]

Paula said, "The PB & J Pizza is my favorite! Love it!! It's the whole reason I booked the breakfast. :lmao:
    Well, that and that the parks don't open 'til 10:00 a.m.!!!" :eek:

[​IMG]

Pizza with a Hidden Mickey ;)

Note from jabead: I've decided to include Paula in the Scavenger Hunt fun and award her points for her Disneyland updates.

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Perfect timing Jillian! ;)

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

:cheer2: sunnysideup3 :cheer2:

sunnysideup3 - Jillian, Nate, & son, Eli, will be taking a surprise (for Eli) vacation to WDW from 11/29 - 12/8.
    Here is sunnysideup3's PTR.

Jillian has offered to do live updates for us doing their trip!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Jillian & family!!! :cool1:

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Yay! I'll look forward to hearing from you starting around nap time on the 8th or 9th. :thumbsup2

Thanks for volunteering soontobewed07! :goodvibes I've added you to the January trip list in Post #2 and will be sending out a PM in late December with my info for sending your updates.

I added in your additional info regarding your trip. Just two more days!!! :banana:

What a great trip you have planned for you and your BFF, Liz!! Thanks so much for being willing to share parts of it with us. :goodvibes Talk to you soon! :thumbsup2

Thanks for checking in and telling us about your Planet Hollywood story. Very interesting! ;)

Wow...27 ADRs and 120 snack credits!!! Sounds like a dream come true! :cloud9: Can't wait to start receiving your updates, Debra! :thumbsup2

Yay for 1 more day at Disney World!!! :woohoo: Too bad though that the 28th & 29th didn't work out. We could have really used you those days too. Oh well, I mustn't be greedy. :lmao:

Your plans look great and you will be our first Disney World reporter to provide us with a vegetarian's point of view. :thumbsup2

I hope you and your sister have a great celebratory trip! Hope you enjoy the Holiday Roulette! ;)

I will expect many "silly" texts from you then. Sounds like fun! :laughing:

I agree GM...it looks to be a fun-filled & Disney food-filled December!

Only 10 days now...almost to the single digits! :woohoo:

What a great tradition to have with your mom and now with your DS along it will be even better I'm sure. :goodvibes Please thank your DH for his service (x 3) to his country. I hope you all have a wonderful trip together and I look forward to receiving your updates!

Hey Brenda! :) Thank you so much for thinking to send me a pic last night of you and Paula. It really made my day! :goodvibes

Why thank you, emmebear! Glad you caught the reference.

16. Dalamara

Dalamara Mouseketeer

Everything on that plate from Goofy's Kitchen looks ridiculously delicious! Is that a character meal?

17. AppleSister1

AppleSister1 DIS Veteran

Are you still looking for December reporters? I've always wanted to do a TR or DR, but never had the time. I think I could do this!

We will be at POFQ from 12/25 - 1/2 for our bi-annual Disney Christmas trip! "We" includes me, my sister and her husband, and my other sister and her two terrific boys. We've done A LOT of Disney and look forward to dining!

We have ADRs this time at:

Teppan Edo
    Artist's Point
    Mama Melrose
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    Sanaa
    Fultons
    And...our first time at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party!

Plus, they'll be lots of snacking and QS.

Let me know if you'd like us to send you some live updates!

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

:cheer2: RECRUITMENT TIME :cheer2:

I seem to have lost two of our reporters who were scheduled to do updates this week and next. happy2012 had to back out due to her DH's request for an "unplugged" vacation and another reporter seems to be MIA. :worried: So if anyone is going to Disney World between now and Dec. 7, there is an opening for at least one more reporter.

Here are the other dates which we could still use some additional live reporters:

December 29 - January 1 - We have no one yet for these dates :sad2: (ETA: We've got one now! :thumbsup2)

January 2 - January 10 - 1 more reporter needed

January 21 - January 31 - 2 more reporters needed

So if your trip to Disney World falls during any of these dates, please consider doing live updates for us either by text or email. :flower3: Also, if you're going sometime between now and the end of January but not during the above listed dates, please still check with me if you would like to be a live reporter. I might still be able to squeeze you into the schedule depending on your dates. ;)

Thanks again everyone! :thanks:

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

You have perfect timing AppleSister1! Yes, yes, yes...we absolutely need you! :thumbsup2 In fact, you will have our undivided attention here from 12/29 - 1/1, unless we get some more volunteers. :laughing:

I'll send you a PM with my info right away.

Thanks so much for volunteering! :goodvibes

20. smile4stamps

smile4stamps DIS Veteran

Yes it is a character meal at the Disneyland Hotel. Since the park hours are short I decided it would be a good way to start my day! The food was pretty good. I expected since I was there so early that it would be hot but I guess for some reason HOT just doesn't happen on buffets!!

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

We received three updates this afternoon from our reporters, the first of which was emailed to us by sanapp.

This morning she and her DD had breakfast with the princesses at...

Cinderella's Royal Table

sanapp said, "This morning we went to CRT. I seem to have lost most of my pics. :worried: DD was the honorary princess of the day, as we were the first to check in. DD at the strawberries of course and the cinnamon rolls. I had the lobster and crab crepes, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. I also asked for a side of potatoes. DD had the child's plate and asked for more bacon. The server had no problem giving us the requests." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plate of Assorted Breakfast Pastries

Then sanapp said, "I couldn't leave MK today without having a pineapple float. SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!"

[​IMG]

Dole Whip Float

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.