Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't thank Jabead enough - not only for posting all my photos for me (needing to be patient when all didn't go to plan) but also for helping us to organise our trip by looking at others eats. Unfortunately this looks to be our last trip to the World for quite some time but I'll still be hooked daily to this fantastic thread.

Thanks so much :goodvibes:

Can't thank Jabead enough - not only for posting all my photos for me (needing to be patient when all didn't go to plan) but also for helping us to organise our trip by looking at others eats. Unfortunately this looks to be our last trip to the World for quite some time but I'll still be hooked daily to this fantastic thread.

Thanks so much :goodvibes:

This really is a wonderful thread! I get so excited when I see an update. Just never know what is going to pop up.

Looking at your pics from YS, my DS will be 11 and he "thinks" he can eat that Porterhouse. We shall see next month when we are there.

We have an ADR for WCC. Not sure I like the new layout of the menu...especially those desserts. I promised my kids we would go there, so we shall see how it turns out. I am already predicting getting dessert elsewhere :rolleyes1

This really is a wonderful thread! I get so excited when I see an update. Just never know what is going to pop up.

Looking at your pics from YS, my DS will be 11 and he "thinks" he can eat that Porterhouse. We shall see next month when we are there.

We have an ADR for WCC. Not sure I like the new layout of the menu...especially those desserts. I promised my kids we would go there, so we shall see how it turns out. I am already predicting getting dessert elsewhere :rolleyes1

Honestly the dessert was gross but the menu and platter itself were very nice indeed and we would highly recommend it. Love to think that your ds will enjoy his porterhouse too. It will be a talking point here for years to come :rotfl2:

Candice sent this update this morning regarding the F & W Festival Culinary Demonstration that she and her DH attended.

photo11-1.jpg

Candice said, "We attended the culinary demo with Warren Brown yesterday. He showed us how to bake a blueberry bundt cake. He was a good speaker but the cake wasn't all that good. Maybe it was just not to our taste? :confused3 They served wine (Jarvis Merlot) as well, but the servers actually forgot to give me a glass (after asking me to take out my ID too). I'm not really into red wine so I didn't complain (also because it was hard to get the servers attention)."

photo21-1.jpg

Blueberry Bundt Cake

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned

I was there too! Sandy must have been your server....she ID'd me too...even though I've been legal for almost 20 years. :) I liked the cake but I would add lemon...it wasn't super sweet. The wine was fantastic!

Jill in CO

For her last meal of the trip, Vicki had lunch at the All Star Music Resort's...

Intermission Food Court

616FC181-E57B-49D6-ADDD-96DC755DF205-5051-000004EADEAD9D90.jpg

Create Your Own Salad (with Steak?)

Vicki said, "This is a really great salad. I got just about everything that you can put in them."

Vicki (GoofySon'sMom) scored 33 Scavenger Hunt points in the 3 1/2 days that she and DS (Andrew) were at Disney World. FANTASTIC JOB!!! :thumbsup2

So it's time for us to say...

Thank you Vicki & Andrew for a job well done! :thanks:

Oh, and don't forget to check out Vicki's Dining Report to read about all the delicious details of their trip and see many more pics. Here is the LINK.

Cyndi (cyndiloveswalt) & family attended the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party last night and sent us this pic today...

BA81CCC2-FB36-40F7-9912-A6346E2654B3-5051-000004EAE8FD7B47-1.jpg

Complimentary Hot Cocoa & Cookies (which Cyndi described as a sugar cookie with cinnamon, so I'm thinking maybe they are Snickerdoodles???)

Then today Cyndi & family were at Animal Kingdom and had lunch at...

Yak & Yeti Counter Service

92B54AF4-C536-40D7-83E9-D8BD7AAB67B1-5051-000004EAF1F45D88.jpg

FA1D056A-DCB6-4A0D-B922-77EB411FF55B-5051-000004EB0884972B.jpg

AD9ED1F1-D166-4B70-B8DA-E48AF24A03EA-5051-000004EB0E9D7E26.jpg

Chicken Fried Rice

6543F37A-F10F-4430-81D5-A66E698757B9-5051-000004EB15ECDB59.jpg

Beef Lo Mein

A49543A6-F866-4608-822E-E7A6A5652A6D-5051-000004EB0265B38F-1.jpg

Kid's Cheeseburger

F5A27875-27D1-42FC-8120-E52660140478-5051-000004EAFBF5BFF1.jpg

Cyndi said, "Three of us had chicken fried rice and shared a beef lo mein. Just a note that the chicken fried rice is a side but is plenty for lunch. We weren't sure it would be enough, which is why we also got the lo mein. Both of these were delicious. The beef was especially tender. My DS8 got a kids cheeseburger, but he thought the roll was soggy. He also got French fries, which were the shoestring kind and were yummy, also a generous portion."

2 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned for the menu and Y & Y update

Roma sent us a snack update, also from Animal Kingdom...

39DC0B67-C91C-440D-BC18-CA23000B9B2D-5051-000004EAE2AE7CD7.jpg

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pretzel

Roma said, "This was very hot and chewy."

Cyndi & family were at Downtown Disney tonight and had dinner at...

Cooke's of Dublin

A319339F-D7AA-4B13-BC01-9B857E796DC5-5051-000004FA27F2B8A1.jpg

73D94C6E-E4E1-4D74-B19C-3D35DA02B713-5051-000004FA34062255.jpg

The One & One (Fish & Chips)

CE79F969-1F63-4AED-90C0-9B98DFAC984A-5051-000004FA3B0E484F.jpg

Kid's Fish & Chips

0689FCBA-C117-4B31-ACC1-F318D3185586-5051-000004FA2E2FE9B3.jpg

Beef and Lamb Pie with ground beef and lamb, fresh carrots, leeks, onions and potatoes in a Red Wine Jus

2 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

Lunch for chocolateMinnie & family on Friday, November 2nd, was at Magic Kingdom's...

Pecos Bill

2011-04-21142530.jpg

chocolateMinnie said, "This is a wonderful burger that we may have over stacked from the topping bar.
Great use of a cs credit. :thumbsup2 Dessert was just ok though."

On their last day, Saturday, November 3rd, chocolateMinnie & family had breakfast at...

Cape May Cafe

chocolateMinnie sent us these pics from their breakfast...

P1000947.jpg

P1000948.jpg

P1000949.jpg

chocolateMinnie said, "Really enjoyed it here and the characters were fun. Food was mainly same as Captain's Grille but not quite as good and cost almost double if paying oop."

For their last meal of their trip, chocolateMinnie & family had lunch from two World Showcase bakeries.

First stop was at...

Boulangerie Patisserie

chocolateMinnie said, "We wandered EPCOT on our last day, as we had a 8:50 p.m. flight. we didn't need to be picked up until 5 p.m. by DME, so got a full day in the park and just walked back to the Beach Club about an hour before.

We had a mixture of food from Boulangerie patisserie (two cheese and ham baguettes, cookie and almond croissant).
Always nice here." :thumbsup2

2011-04-21210731.jpg

Ham & Cheese on a French Baguette

2011-04-21210742.jpg

Almond Croissant

2011-04-21210721.jpg

chocolateMinnie said, "Then I visited the bakery at Norway...been planning this one for a long time. Didn't realize what good value for money it is. You get a sandwich (we split the Norwegian club sandwich which you can choose to have toasted, we did) with either a fruit cup or side salad (fruit cup for DD) and any pastry (the infamous and oh so delicious school bread which is just as good as reviewers say) and a soft drink."

Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

P1000974.jpg

Norwegian Club Sandwich - turkey, ham, and bacon with Jarlsberg and Muenster cheese with fresh tomatoes, sliced red onion, and lingonberrry mayonnaise & School Bread

And that completes the updates sent to us by chocolateMinnie, so it's time to say...

Thanks so much chocolateMinnie...GREAT JOB! :thumbsup2

TOTAL SCAVENGER HUNT POINTS - 10

Cyndi & family sent one more update from Downtown Disney, this time from...

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

5237EFF5-1467-47C1-952A-72512821B349-5051-00000501EE3AEB38.jpg

86D1651A-048F-4BBC-8FE1-519CDB41C48A-5051-00000501F7B42C6F.jpg

Intense Dark Mint Bliss - one scoop of mint chip ice cream, one scoop of chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a square of Mint Bliss Intense Dark chocolate

6AEE508F-459B-4B9A-929B-CEBA76BD2145-5051-00000501FD50A240.jpg

The World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae - Two scoops of cookies & cream ice cream overflowing with our freshly homemade hot fudge, whipped cream, chopped almonds, and a cherry.

Cyndi said, "We decided to top off our night with some ice cream from Ghirardelli. One word...YUM!" :thumbsup2

3 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

OK Guys. I now have my plan and adr's for both contingencies.

If our friends go with us, we need to eat a bit fancier. These guys are definately not the Beaches & Cream kitchen sink kinda peeps. DGF likes to eat steamed or grilled fish. DBF likes to eat good, fancy food. Both are Italian and like to focus on those preparations, but also like Asian. If this is our trip, we will spend more money than we want on food and curb our shopping. Here are our choices:

Il Mulino
Flying Fish
Narcoosees or Jiko (if I can get them to be adventurous)
O'Hana
California Grill
Bluezoo
Kimono's
Lunch at Fultons and Tutto Italia

If DH and I go alone, we will probably not spend so much money on signature meals. We are DVC members and we have a kitchen so all other meals will be made at home.Here are the el cheaper plans. May change if we get more moola. We think these are less expensive, but still great choices:

Il Mulino (22nd anniversary dinner)
Bongos
O'Hana
Kimono's
House of Blues - happy hour
Beaches & Cream
Lunch at Fultons

For anyone who is there, can you tell me if HOB still has half price appetizers from 4-6 pm?

Can't wait to start my reviews.

Ellen (podsnel) & family are home now but she emailed a few more updates to me on Monday, which I'll try to get posted now.

The first update included a few more items from the F & W Festival...

wdwnov2012141.jpg

From Canada: "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce

wdwnov2012142.jpg

From Canada: Mission Hill Family Estate Syrah

wdwnov2012143.jpg

From Desserts & Champagne: Moët & Chandon Ice Impérial

Ellen said, "Here is one I started to send while I was there...this is from F&W. We stopped in Canada for a snack (just Timmy and I) and both had filet. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how delicious this was. So much so, that Tim went back and had another! I'm pretty sure i know what he'll be eating for dinner at Le Cellier this week! I also had a Syrah. Then we stopped at the champagne booth so I could have a Moet Ice- worth every penny- but I missed the lemon peel in my champagne."

Here is the next update that Ellen sent...

She said, "After we left Epcot that night, Tim saw this on the way to the bus and said he wanted to stop for pastry. Never heard him ask for pastry before!" :lmao:

wdwnov2012147.jpg

wdwnov2012150.jpg

wdwnov2012151.jpg

wdwnov2012152.jpg

wdwnov2012153.jpg

wdwnov2012154.jpg

And Tim's choice...

wdwnov2012157.jpg

M & M Cookie

On their arrival day, Friday, November 2nd, Ellen's group dined at...

SANAA

Ellen said, "Here are the pics from our Sanaa dinner. The bread service is changed- not the dips, but the bread- no more paneer paratha. The server said there was a quality control issue, and they could not always get the bread, as it was the only one they did not make themselves. So they took it off the menu. I was very disappointed- naan is good, but I liked the paneer better, it was so unusual. They do give 5 pieces of the bread now- we requested no pappadum, so they gave us 4 naan (now in different flavors- traditional, garlic ginger & spiced) and one onion kulcha. We always order 2 bread services, so we can try all the dips! We also shared a salad sampler."

SandyJambo2012073.jpg

Salad Sampler with Choice of Three Salads

Pics of the Bread Service...

SandyJambo2012074.jpg

SandyJambo2012075.jpg

Accompaniments - Red Chile Sambal, Cucumber Raita, Coriander Chutney, Mango Chutney, Coconut Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus, and Tamarind Chutney

Ellen said, "Both Tim & Ty had the steak. Sean did mac n cheese, and one of my nephews had a kid's burger. I forgot to mention I also had a wine flight- it was the one with 2 pinotages and 1 sauv blanc. The second pinotage was TDF, Missing Virgin. (no pic)"

SandyJambo2012076.jpg

New York Strip #1
Coriander Chutney Rubbed Strip Steak served with Seasonal Vegetable

SandyJambo2012077.jpg

New York Strip #2

SandyJambo2012078.jpg

Kid's Burger

Ellen said, "I had shrimp in green curry and butter chicken, while Pods & Steven both had lamb vindaloo & short ribs. Sorry I didn't take a menu pic. When we arrived at Sanaa I realized I had forgotten my TIW card and I ran all the way back to Jambo (we were in the GV as faaaaaaaaar away as possible, :lmao:) to get it. I made it back just as they were serving the wine and bringing out the bread service. I had no problems eating whatever I wanted that night - I had earned it!" :thumbsup2

Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned
Choice of two served with Basmati Rice or Five-grain pilaf
$21.49

Butter Chicken
Spicy Durban Chicken
Lamb Vindaloo
Beef Short Ribs
Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce
Spicy Durban Shrimp

SandyJambo2012082.jpg

Shrimp in Green Curry Sauce, Butter Chicken, and Basmati Rice

SandyJambo2012083.jpg

Lamb Vindaloo, Beef Short Ribs, and Five-grain pilaf

SandyJambo2012085.jpg

OK Guys. I now have my plan and adr's for both contingencies.

If our friends go with us, we need to eat a bit fancier. These guys are definately not the Beaches & Cream kitchen sink kinda peeps. DGF likes to eat steamed or grilled fish. DBF likes to eat good, fancy food. Both are Italian and like to focus on those preparations, but also like Asian. If this is our trip, we will spend more money than we want on food and curb our shopping. Here are our choices:

Il Mulino
Flying Fish
Narcoosees or Jiko (if I can get them to be adventurous)
O'Hana
California Grill
Bluezoo
Kimono's
Lunch at Fultons and Tutto Italia

If DH and I go alone, we will probably not spend so much money on signature meals. We are DVC members and we have a kitchen so all other meals will be made at home.Here are the el cheaper plans. May change if we get more moola. We think these are less expensive, but still great choices:

Il Mulino (22nd anniversary dinner)
Bongos
O'Hana
Kimono's
House of Blues - happy hour
Beaches & Cream
Lunch at Fultons

For anyone who is there, can you tell me if HOB still has half price appetizers from 4-6 pm?

Can't wait to start my reviews.

Both Plan A and Plan B look great! :thumbsup2 I added a link to your post to your trip info listed in Post #2 of the thread. Thanks Niki!

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

:cheer2: Nanabug02 :cheer2:

Nanabug02 and her DH will be at WDW from 11/15 -11/23, staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Halfway through their trip, her DH's family will be meeting them there. They have Be Our Guest reservations for 10 people on November 20th.

Nanabug02 has volunteered to do live updates for us!

Also arriving at Disney World tomorrow is...

Minnie_Mom - Emily, her DH, her two kids, her parents, her brother, and her brother's girlfriend, Jahni (Judgey Judgerson) are coming from 3 different states to have a family reunion at WDW from 11/15 - 11/26. Jahni is a new member of the DIS!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Nanabug02, Emily & Jahni!!! :cool1:

Hi, we are out at wdw from the 14th to the 28th and this is our adr list. It is just me and ds who is 8 so quite a few character meals :)

T-rex-dinner
Akershus - Breakfast
Crystal Palace - Dinner
MVMCP
Mama Melrose - Fantasmic Dining Package
Ohanas- Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern - Dinner
Tusker House - Breakfast
Dine with Shamu
Santa Fireside Feast - Seaworld
1900 Park Fare - Breakfast
Via Napoli - Candlit Processional Package
The Kitchen (HRH) - Character Dinner
Rainforest Cafe (AK) - Dinner
Cinderellas Royal Table - Breakfast
Be Our Guest - Dinner
Sanaa - Dinner
Rose and Crown- Dinner
Hollywood and Vine - Breakfast
Sci Fi Diner - Dinner
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party
Cape May Cafe - Breakfast

plus plenty of snacks :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter