Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvLuvLuv

LuvLuvLuv DIS Veteran

Hello All! DH and I started our Saturday at Boma for breakfast! I get one weekend off per month, and of course it landed on a busy holiday--but we were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation time.

[​IMG]

After we spent sometime at AK walking off our breakfast--it was packed!! We then went over to Epcot, which was super busy as well. This was our 3rd time at the F/W festival. I had heard rave reviews of the foam at Desserts and Champagne, so I got the strawberry and DH got the chocolate.

[​IMG]

I guess it was "meh" to me. I preferred the strawberry--it tasted just like the Nesquik that I grew up calling "bunny milk". I think maybe it was just too much dairy on a super hot day. After that--the lines were just crazy pants. We didn't stay, and decided to go home and nap for a bit.

After our nap, we decided not to risk the crowds for our main dinner--so we went to Red Lobster. We skipped dessert and made our way back to Epcot. Of course we were full, so we had a couple drinks. I am not a drinker, but have become very fond of the Caribbean's Bacardi Torched Cherry Frozen Limeade. I also tried South Korea's Chung Ha Soju Fruit Slushy--although I didn't taste much alcohol... this little cup gave me a case of the giggles. ::yes:: It's good... just giving a warning! I also had Hops and Barley's Pumpkin Mousse which was just delish. The lines were a little lighter at night.

I love not having to eat everything in one day!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Hi Deena! :wave2: Thanks so much for telling us about your day at the World. :)

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

auntfrannie visited the Boardwalk this evening and had dinner at...

Flying Fish Cafe

[​IMG]

Chef's Special Thunder Entree - Florida Grouper Brioche with Sweet Corn Polenta

Fran said, "The photo is horrible but the meal was divine!" :cloud9:

5. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

Was this like frozen chocolate milk? I was very curious about that! It looks like a frosty! Yum!

6. NoOrdinaryPrincess

NoOrdinaryPrincess DIS Veteran

Aww Thanks so much! I'm excited!

7. LuvLuvLuv

LuvLuvLuv DIS Veteran

Hi :wave: Yes it was like a Nesquik Frosty/Shake!
    I'll try to get more pix up!

8. Smiling Cheshire Cat

Smiling Cheshire Cat DIS Veteran

I love grouper. This dish motivates me to try Flying Fish again.

9. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Love the latest updates!

Thanks everyone :)

The ice cream cookie sandwich looks delish, as does the grouper from FF

Also, that's the second Kona breakfast review I've read today (thanks emmysmommy) and now my own breakfast doesn't look quite so appealing :(

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I received this today from NoOrdinaryPrincess...

[​IMG]

NOP said, "Every great Disney adventure begins with mediocre airline peanuts. :lmao:
    We've landed in Orlando, so real Disney food updates forthcoming!" :thumbsup2

11. basketlacey

basketlacey DIS Veteran

Yes, they gave us little dishes to scoop into. That made it a lot less messy! We couldn't finish this - even with 5 people!

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Hi Lacey! :wave2: Are you home from your trip???

If you have any pics that you were unable to post last week, please feel free to post them now or send them my way and I can do it for you. Unless of course, you are planning to do a Dining Report? ;)

Either way, we would love to see/hear more about your trip. :thumbsup2

13. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

Barb, thanks so much for your hard work on this thread. I really enjoy it !! And thanks to those of you that are there for taking the time to share with us so we can live vicariously !!

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

This just in from budafam...

She said, "Let's try this again. :laughing: I'm hoping it works this time... been having an awful time with the wi-fi at Pop! :worried: This is from 10/3 at Cali Grill dinner. We had a 9:30 reservation but arrived at 8pm and we were seated by 8:15."

CALIFORNIA GRILL

Here's what we had:

[​IMG]

Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, bay scallops, tuna and fireball sauce

budafam said, "It was my first time having "real" sushi and it was FANTASTIC! I couldn't finish it all so they boxed up what was left for me to take back to the resort with me... yum!"

[​IMG]

Oak-fired Filet of Beef with Teriyaki Barbecue
    and served with Cheesy Potato Casserole and Brussel Sprouts

budafam said, "The filet wasn't really all that great. I did not care for the barbeque sauce on it and the potatoes just tasted plain to me.. like something I would make for a potluck. It didn't thrill me like I was hoping it would."

[​IMG]

Pear and Almond Tart - Poached Pears, Lemon Shortbread Crust, and Toasted Almond Ice Cream

budafam said, Can't remember the name of the dessert... something with pears in a tart and candied pears in it with ice cream. The dessert was okay. It was really big and I was unable to eat half of it. "

DD ordered:

[​IMG]

Kid's Grilled Chicken Breast served on a bed of rice

budafam said, "DD wasn't too thrilled with the chicken." :worried:

[​IMG]

Crisped Rice Sushi Plate

budafam said, "She also got a piece of cake for her birthday so I had them box up the sushi dessert for her to take with."

Note from jabead: budafam has sent me many more updates! :cool1: I'm going to wait and post the rest when I get home, as our internet speed is much faster there. So stay tuned for lots, lots more! ::yes::

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And another update from budafam...

"These are from 10/4. This was our MNSSHP day so I tried to stay light on the ADR's. I originally had TRex booked but decided against it with hardly enough time to get a nap in so we went with Kona Cafe in the morning and then Crystal Palace in the afternoon."

Kona Cafe Breakfast

[​IMG]

Tonga Toast Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage

[​IMG]

From the Kid's Menu: Minnie's French Toast with sausage

budafam said, "Kona Cafe was okay. I wasn't totally thrilled by it."

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

For dinner on 10/4, budafam & her DD were at Magic Kingdom and dined at...

Crystal Palace

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

budafam said, "Crystal Palace was also underwhelming. We had eaten here once before for lunch and this was dinner but not much seemed different. " The food was "okay" but nothing that struck me as amazing. Not somewhere I plan to return to anytime soon."

"MNSSHP was a complete washout. It was HORRENDOUS trying to walk through Magic Kingdom wearing ponchos. In some places the water seemed to be inches deep. YUCK! We put up with it for a bit and took a break at Pecos Bill where we got french fries & onion rings. Then we ended up standing in line for 2 hours at City Hall to get ourselves replacement tickets for the following night's party. UGH!"

[​IMG]

Onion Rings & French Fries from Pecos Bill's

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then on 10/5, budafam & her DD were at Epcot, where they had lunch at...

San Angel Inn

[​IMG]

Avocado Margarita
    El Mayor premium silver Tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim

[​IMG]

Coctel de CamarĂ³n
    Acapulco-style shrimp cocktail in spicy marinated tomato sauce and served with fried flour chicharrĂ³n, avocado and lime

[​IMG]

Tacos de Ribeye
    Grilled ribeye, chipotle pepper sauce, scallions and avocado served on a flour tortillas, and with rice and refried beans

[​IMG]

Helado de Dulce de Leche - Caramel ice cream

budafam said, "I really loved the appetizer and the margarita (of course). The entree wasn't the greatest... the meat was kind of tough and it came with avocado in it which I really don't care for (I know, why did I order that margarita then.. :laughing:)
    The ice cream was AMAZING! So good!
    Our service was fantastic here and one of the girls brought DD a stuffed Duffy bear... so sweet!" :goodvibes

And for DD...

[​IMG]

Kid's Grilled Tilapia, Rice, and Green Beans

[​IMG]

Churro with Cajeta

budafam said, "She loved all of it and actually ate most of it! It was quite impressive!" :thumbsup2

budafam added, "We originally had an ADR for the Spirit of Aloha that night but since our first MNSSHP was a washout, we ended up going to Poly and I cancelled our reservation. They had no problem with us doing that since we had a legitimate excuse that we had to go to the party.
    I'm glad we did because we ended up getting a TON of candy and having lots of fun!"

[​IMG]

Candy from Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

budafam & her DD started their day on 10/6 at the Beach Club by having breakfast at...

Cape May Character Breakfast Buffet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

budafam said, "This was our first time at Cape May's breakfast. YUM! Everything was great and so was the service!

We will return here for sure!" :thumbsup2

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then later on 10/6, budafam & her DD were at Magic Kingdom, where they had lunch at...

Tony's Town Square

[​IMG]

Zucchini Fries - Breaded seasoned Zucchini with Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Dressing for dipping

[​IMG]

Shrimp Scampi - Linguini with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Asparagus tossed in a Garlic Sauce

[​IMG]

Spumoni - layers of ice cream with pistachio nuts and cherries

budafam said, "I had the zucchini fries for an appetizer which were AWESOME! I ate them all.
    Shrimp scampi for an entree. I didn't care for the asparagus in it. I'm a huge fan of asparagus but it just didn't seem right with the shrimp and the pasta??? :confused3
    I ordered the spumoni for dessert and it was great!"

And for DD...

[​IMG]

Sliced Apples

[​IMG]

Kid's Cheese Pizza

[​IMG]

Kid's Fruit Cup Dessert

budafam said, "This was our first time trying Tony's. I was really worried with all of the bad reviews but we went ahead anyways. I can't trust anyone else's opinions. We ended up liking it. Not sure if I would rush back but if there's nothing else available, it's really not all that bad."

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then for dinner on 10/6, budafam & her DD headed to the Grand Floridian's...

1900 Park Fare Character Buffet Dinner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

budafam said, "We both really enjoyed this. The food was fantastic and the characters were hilarious! Service was excellent.
    Can't wait to go back again!" :thumbsup2

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Yesterday morning (Oct. 7), budafam & her DD were at Magic Kingdom for breakfast at...

Cinderella's Royal Table

budafam said, "We were the first people let into the Magic Kingdom on Sunday and DD was first into the castle. She got to be "Honorary Princess of the Day" and got a sticker to show it. This was my 2nd time eating breakfast at the castle but I was excited for the new menu!"

[​IMG]

Lobster and Crab Crepes - warm cheese-filled crepes topped with spinach, sauteed lobster, and blue crab meat with a poached egg perched on top and draped in Hollandaise sauce

budafam said, "This was SOOOO good! I am a huge seafood fan and loved this so much. Finally a really, REALLY good breakfast in WDW! :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

Kid's Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, french toast sticks and bacon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.