Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KateB

KateB Mouseketeer

Hey! I will be at Disney June 25th-July 1st with my mom & would be more than happy to volunteer pics!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I got you all added to the June list. Thanks! :thumbsup2

4. sarabear

sarabear Earning My Ears

I will be back at Disney June 5-12, and would love to do updates again! I will be in a group of 5-8 depending on the time, so I may have lots of different food to report on!

5. SRiley1985

SRiley1985 Mouseketeer

OMG, that citrus swirl float looks good, really refreshing. I could eat citrus swirl every day though lol!

6. Rarity

Rarity I don't trust wheels.

DSis and I will be back for a short trip April 25 - 28. We'd be happy to report in if the thread is still going, especially now I've got a better handle on how to work my iPhone.

I'm another silent appreciator of this thread and of everything you do. This is one of the first places I check when I get online, and I can't imagine the amount of work it takes to keep it going. :worship:

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next update was sent to us by Tricia (tallen429).

She and her mom and DS had lunch yesterday at Epcot's...

[​IMG]

Tricia said, "I have to preface this review by saying I don't like the place. I have tried it several times. Lunch was no better. Our server was Eric and he was very annoying. He even hovered over me at the end to see if I would give an extra tip."

[​IMG]

Bisque de Homard - Lobster bisque

[​IMG]

Soupe a l' oignon gratinee - Onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese

"Mom and I shared the onion soup and the lobster bisque. The bisque was too salty and had almost no lobster. The onion soup was better but would have been tastier with beef broth."

[​IMG]

Croque monsieur et sa salade verte - Classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad

"We also shared the croquet monsieur. It was dry and not very flavorful."

"Logan had macaroni and cheese. The flavor was okay but the pasta was undercooked. Mom and Logan shared the profiteroles. They thought they were tasty."

[​IMG]

"I really only booked this meal for this guy and wouldn't return anytime soon if ever."

3 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Logan & Remy

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Yay! I'd be happy to have you both as reporters again. Thanks! :)

9. autumnpalm

autumnpalm DIS Veteran

I have always wanted to eat at Chefs de France because the restaurant looks so beautiful but have read so many lukewarm reviews that it will probably be one of the last restaurants we get around to eating at in the World Showcase.

Remy sure is cute though!

And it's nice to see the healthy plate at CRT- haven't seen that before. The presentation is lovely but I'm afraid I would feel guilty ordering essentially a continental breakfast for the $$$. I would be trying to eat my weight in lobster crepes.:rotfl:

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now back to Li Li & Nigel, who had lunch today at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

Li Li said, "Now for another popular option...BOG for lunch. I absolutely had to, as I love Beauty and the Beast. I almost cried when I stepped into the ballroom; it is just like the movie came to life."

[​IMG]

"They handed us menus while we waited in line outside, but I forgot to take a pic of the other side of it. Whoops!"

Li Li chose...

[​IMG]

Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites

And Nigel chose...

[​IMG]

Carved Turkey Sandwich served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites

Li Li said, "I have to say I was disappointed in the Croque Monsieur. I just wasn't what I was expecting plus it came out only lukewarm at best. Nigel's turkey on the hand was moist, hot and delicious. Being the excellent husband he is, he traded me so I could have half of the turkey."

Then for dessert they shared the...

[​IMG]

Chocolate Cream Puff filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream

"The chocolate cream puff was AMAZING!
    It felt like I ate a cup of dark chocolate mousse and I only ate half of the cream puff!"

"Just as an FYI, we joined the line at 11:15 and got our food around 11:55, so not too bad."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

11. marshallsmommy

marshallsmommy Mouseketeer

Yes definately get there early! My husband and I decided its something you have to try once and we aren't mad we wasted the money/time we were just disapointed by how it was ran and the quality of the food. I work in food service and go to 4-5 food expos a year and almost all the desserts are things I could buy pre-made from different specialty foodservice companies and that's not what you expect from Disney you expect that amazing attention to detail and quality. Go try it for yourself and have a creme brulee for me those were GOOD!

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then Li Li and Nigel park hopped over to Epcot to spend the afternoon enjoying some adult beverages around World Showcase.

They started in Mexico, at...

La Cava de Tequila

[​IMG]

Tequila Flight

Next a stop in Germany for...

[​IMG]

Jagermeister shots

Then they visited Italy's...

Tutto Gusto

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Powerhouse Red Wine Flight

[​IMG]

La Siciliana Gusto Plate with Fior di Latte Mozzarella, Cacciatorini (black pepper, wine marinated, beef and pork cured sausages), and Caponata (Sicilian eggplant agrodolce salad)

Li Li said, "Oh my goodness, the mozzarella was so good! I was kind of disappointed by the eggplant caponata."

And then their last stop was in France...

[​IMG]

Rose d' Anjou (rose) and Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais-Villages (red)

Before park hopping back to Magic Kingdom and...

Casey's Corner

[​IMG]

Chili Cheese Dog and fries

"Nigel was craving a hot dog from Casey's so he got the chili cheese dog, which comes with fries. It was very good!"

11 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pic and wine flight

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have another update from Tricia (tallen429).

Last night she had dinner at AKL's...

BOMA

"Our server was awful but the food was wonderful! I tried almost all the salad and rice or couscous dishes.
    They were fantastic!"

[​IMG]

"I started with peanut soup, it was amazing."

[​IMG]

"My first plate had pap, chakalaka, fruit and nut couscous, hummus, a mealie muffin, coconut rice, and edamame."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"For dessert - Kenyan tart, eggnog cheesecake, peanut butter mousse?, and banana bread pudding with rum sauce."

"Other than the terrible service, it was an amazing meal."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DS

14. debrapagliasotti

debrapagliasotti DIS Veteran

Barb, thank you, thank you, thank you again for all the hard work and time you put into this thread. I know I have said this before, but hands down this is my favorite thead on the Dis. First thread I check each time I log in. :worship:

We dont have another trip booked until Oct, but of course I would love to send in reviews if the thread is still going at that time :goodvibes

A few comments on the reviews -- I am so sad to hear the bad review of Chefs!! We had such a great meal there in Dec and my lobster bisque was so good.

Boma -- I WILL eat there one day for bkfst!! One day!!! I think I just need to book 1 night in AKL so I can eat at Jiko, Sanaa & Boma :lmao:

CRT -- the healthy choice looks nice. I am glad they offer something like that.

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we have an update from hulagirl87.

You may recall that she and her family had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table this morning. Here is a pic that she sent tonight to add to that update...

[​IMG]

hulagirl87 & her DD

Then their lunch today was at...

Colombia Harbour House

[​IMG]

She said, "In all the times that I have been to Disney, I have never eaten there. The food was good and the restaurant was quiet, which was nice because the park was getting a little busy."

[​IMG]

"I had the Lighthouse sandwich which is hummus, tomato and a broccoli slaw on multigrain bread. It was really good! And it came with chips. I got the apple crisp for dessert. It was warm and tasted delicious!"

[​IMG]

"DH had the Garden Harvest salad and the chocolate cake. The salad was really big and he didn't eat all of it. The cake was the standard chocolate cake, but it was really rich. He didn't eat all of that either."

hulagirl's dinner was then at the Polynesian Resort's...

Captain Cook's

First a few menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I didn't feel very well, so I didn't get anything, but DH got the pork sandwich, which I forgot to take a picture of, but he said that it was great. I did get pictures of the menus though! Oh, and even though I didn't feel well, I did get a dole whip." ;)

[​IMG]

"Our favorite part of the day was meeting Tiana, so I'm going to attach a picture of that. She was great and DD loved her!"

[​IMG]

3 January Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menu pics and pic of DD with Tiana

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Speaking of Sanaa, Li Li and Nigel dined there tonight and sent us a great update. But it's time for me to call it night, so I'll get it posted first thing tomorrow.

Also, emmebear sent us a ton of wonderful pics today from onboard the...

[​IMG]

So be sure to check back tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Good night folks! :wave2:

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Before we sail away with emmebear on the Fantasy today, let's have dinner with Li Li and Nigel at...

Sanaa

[​IMG]

Johannesburg Wine Flight

[​IMG]

Li Li said, "This was very good."

[​IMG]

Indian Style Bread Service
    with Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus, and Tamarind Chutney

[​IMG]

Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned
    Butter Chicken and Lamb Vindaloo with Basmati Rice

[​IMG]

Tandoori Lamb served with Apple-Raisin Chutney and Five-Grain Pilaf

Li Li said, "Okay, first I have to say, where has this restaurant been my entire Disney life!!! I cannot believe it took us so long to try it. We both loved everything so much. Honestly, reading the reviews and seeing the pics, does not do it justice!"

[​IMG]

Dessert Trio - Chocolate Cake, Tropical Fruit Kulfi, and Chai Cream

"We ended the meal with the dessert trio. We both thought the chocolate cake was a little dry, but I love the kulfi (which is basically sorbet) and we both loved the chai cream."

"Also, I got a dessert cocktail, the..."

[​IMG]

Painted Lemur

[​IMG]

Li Li said, "Don't be afraid of Amarula. I know of if because my stepsister was stationed in Kenya. It is a really great African cream liqueur!" :thumbsup2

3 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for wine flight, new cocktail, and menu pics

18. wdwpirates

wdwpirates Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Great updates from yesterday and this AM. Loved Li Li & Nigel's update from Sanaa. It's one of my fave restaurants in WDW and I am sooo bummed that it's not on our schedule for the next trip. It's such a wonderful meal!!

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Ok, now I will post a few of the many great pics that emmebear has sent to us yesterday and this morning, and then the rest I will post this evening.

[​IMG]

emmebear, her DMom, and her DD, Emme, set sail last Saturday on the Disney Fantasy [Eastern Caribbean itinerary].

[​IMG]

First a couple pics on the ship...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mickey Pool

emmebear said, "Kids go buck wild in here. Emme was getting splashed at every angle. So we spent more time in the Donald hot tub."

[​IMG]

Mickey slide (for the kids who can't ride the aqua duck)

[​IMG]

The Aqua Duck

[​IMG]

Some pics from their concierge experience...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The private cabana for concierge guests.

emmebear said, "I spend a lot of time here."

"Breakfast offerings in the concierge lounge..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mimosa

[​IMG]

"The epic coffee machine. It's amazing and rumored to have cost $10,000!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their breakfast tray

Eaten on their private balcony...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With views like this...

[​IMG]

St. Thomas

[​IMG]

St. John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one from this morning...

[​IMG]

"Good morning San Juan!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 9 Bonus Points for pic of emmebear, Emme, DMom & misc. other pics

Much more coming tonight! :thumbsup2

20. autumnpalm

autumnpalm DIS Veteran

Oh wow those cruise pictures are beautiful. I must say, I've never felt a real desire to go on a cruise but those photos (mmm breakfast!!) make it look wonderful and so relaxing.

21. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

As usual, this thread is the first place I check when I get a chance, and it doesn't disappoint. :thumbsup2 The Sanaa update was great - now I'm really excited at the thought of having a South African wine or unique cocktail there (and in just over 3 months, I'll be legally allowed to!).

As for emmebear's cruise updates: Oh. My. God. Everything looks amazing! From the AquaDuck slide (the views from there must be fantastic!) to the concierge lounge selections (there's much more variety than at the WDW resort lounges - the smoked salmon and accompaniments look delicious) to the private cabana to the views from their balcony. Wow! Don't know if I'll be going on a Disney cruise anytime soon, but these pics are certainly making me consider it. :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.