Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Ok, I have just a couple more updates to post, which were sent to us last night by marshallsmommy.

Before going to the Dessert Party, they headed to Downtown Disney and had dinner at...

Wolfgang Puck Express

[​IMG]

"We shared a bacon wrapped meatloaf at WPE. It was really good! Sorry the pic is after we split it in half! The cheesecake was really good! Can't wait to go back next time and try other things!" :thumbsup2

"We also stopped at Goofy's Candy Co. and had a Goofy Glacier Slushy drink. It was really good. We got orange and it tasted like frozen Orange Crush. Very tasty!"

[​IMG]

3 January Game Points Earned

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Well folks after much back and forth. And I do mean I changed my mind hourly. I think we finally have decided to stay at CSR w/ the DDP. Our group has changed up a bit though. My brothers family decided not to go and my DH still can't go. So it has turned into a girls only trip. So we invited my mother to come along w/ me and my girls. We will arrive in WDW 2/23-3/1. However my mom doesn't fly in until 2/25.
    When it's me and my girls we tend to go w/the flow. So this will be a relaxing trip w/ random decisions. I can't wait to share.

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I've received word from dreamscometrue101 that she had to cut her trip short. :sad1:

Therefore, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

dreamscometrue101's Total January Game Points Earned = 29

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now for the last update received last night from marshallsmommy.

This one was from the Magic Kingdom's...

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

She said, "We are back from our dessert party and I have to say I will probably never do it again! Our ressie time was 7:10 and we were there a good 10 minutes early to check in. The line was 30 people long and there were probably 15 - 20 tables already taken in the room. We finally got checked in and had an amazing table right on the railing...really good spot!"

[​IMG]

View from their table

"We sat down and I went to try and get dessert. The buffet was mobbed with people! I couldn't move! I got 2 plates of dessert and fruit for Marshall and I to share. Pretty much one of everything plus some fruit. I dropped these off and went to grab coffee for me, water for Marshall, and lemonade for Doug. Then poor Doug finally got to grab some desserts."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We sat and ate for a few minutes and none were really that great, but nothing horrible. The crème brulee was probably my favorite. Doug says nothing stood out that much to him. Marshall liked the little orange drink so I decided to go get him another one and there were none left...matter of fact, there were maybe 3 kinds of dessert left and no regular coffee and the pre-show (Celebrate the Magic) hadn't even started yet!!! :eek: While I was gone they announced 5 minutes till start time and when I got back I couldn't even GET to my seat. There were so many people lined up at the rail (there was maybe room for one person between the railing and my chair). I was just really disgusted with the whole experience. I was imagining something so much better than it really was! Such a let down!" :(

3 January Game Points Earned

6. bigal'sdaughter

bigal'sdaughter Mouseketeer

I got a PM! I am currently plugging all the info into my phone getting ready to go!
    I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the awesome updates. I love this thread - so i I am going to do my best with the pics but please forgive me if I happen to struggle a little here and there.....
    Also we have a peanut allergy in our group so I am hopefully going to share some good allergy info with you! I know I am always truly appreciative when I get some great allergy tips!
    Ok now just a few more days until the wildest ride in the wilderness!

7. Hannikins

Hannikins Mouseketeer

yay! love my daily catch up on this thread, and I can't WAIT to report myself in April :dance3:

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now for our First Update of the Day, sent to us by hulagirl87

She had breakfast this morning at the Polynesian Resort's....

Captain Cook's

[​IMG]

hulagirl said, "DH got the Mickey waffle with sausage and I got Tonga Toast with bacon, which DH ate. ;) Everything was good!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in this morning was an update from a new reporter, Li Li.

She and her DH, Nigel (NigelSTW), arrived at Disney World today and while waiting for their room, they headed to Downtown Disney's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They chose...

[​IMG]

Yuengling beer & Cheetah Rita (their premium margarita with Jose Cuervo Gold tequila, Patron Citronge and lime juice)

And also this snack...

[​IMG]

Mozzarella sticks lightly breaded, fried golden brown and served with marinara sauce

1 January Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pic and new cocktail

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next Kathymford sent us an update from her visit yesterday to...

DISNEYLAND

"We went to Disneyland on Sunday for a photography meetup, and DBF (Steve) and I escaped for a little bit to get some food.

These are from..."

Cafe Orleans

[​IMG]

La Salade de Maison - signature house salad, featuring tossed baby greens in a raspberry vinaigrette, topped with cherry tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese and caramelized pecans.

Kathy said, "I wanted to get a salad, but didn't really feel like spending $18 on the entree salad, so I got this, the appetizer salad instead. I asked for a side of chicken (you can kinda see it in the corner), which they only charged me an extra $4 for! This was fantastic; not overdressed at all. Highly recommend."

[​IMG]

Pommes Frites - Traditional French-fried potatoes tossed with Parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley, served with a Cajun spice remoulade

"Steve got the onion soup (no pic) and an order of fries. These were very good also. The remoulade did have some tang to it, but was so very tasty. I think this meal will become a regular rotation for us."

"Later on, we decided it was time for dessert. So we headed to..."

Clarabelle's Ice Cream

[​IMG]

Hand-Dipped Ice Cream Bar - Choose Your Bar (Vanilla Bean, Chocolate
    or Mixed Berry Sorbet), Choose Your Chocolate (Milk or Dark), and Choose Your Topping (Chocolate Chip Morsels, Confetti Mickey's, Blue Raspberry Bursts, Rainbow Sprinkles, or "The Whole Herd")

"The one on the left is mine, the mixed berry sorbet with dark chocolate; Steve got Chocolate, with dark chocolate, with chocolate morsels. Do we see a theme? ;) I was not disappointed with the sorbet; it was amazing and a great treat. I actually didn't miss the ice cream at all." :thumbsup2

4 January Game Points Earned

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received another update from Li Li & Nigel, this time from Downtown Disney's...

[​IMG]

First some menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They chose...

[​IMG]

Cheeseburger Sliders - two mini-burgers served with cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, pickle and special slider sauce

[​IMG]

California Roll - sushi rice, Kani Kama crab, cucumber and avocado

"Both were excellent! With bonus shot me in background!" :)

[​IMG]

"Nigel won our first game, but I won the second!" :thumbsup2

5 January Game Points Earned for our first update from Splitsville + 3 Bonus Points for menu and misc. other pics

12. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up was an update from hulagirl87.

She and her family were at DHS yesterday and had lunch at...

Hollywood and Vine

[​IMG]

"It was fun! DD loved meeting the characters and the food was good.

There was a make your own pasta station and that was really yummy!"

[​IMG]

"The desserts were good too. They had a chocolate fountain that they were dipping treats into and putting out.
    The chocolate covered marshmallows were great!"

[​IMG]

3 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic DD & character

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And next is a dinner update from hulagirl87.

She and her family had dinner at the Grand Floridian Resort's...

Gasparilla Island Grill

[​IMG]

"For dinner we went over to Gasparilla Island Grill. The refurbishment looks really nice! DH and I stayed there 5 years ago for our wedding and honeymoon so it was nice to go back." :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"DH had a shaved steak sandwich. He said the bread tasted a little hard but it was still ok."

[​IMG]

"I did a make your own salad and it was great! Everything tasted so fresh!"

[​IMG]

"For dessert we had cupcakes. DH had a German chocolate cake one and he said it tasted old and hard. He went back in and got some fruit instead. I had a cherry cordial cupcake and DD and I really liked that one!"

5 January Game Points Earned for first update from Gasparilla + 2 Bonus Points for menu and misc. pic

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next Li Li & Nigel sent an adult beverage update from the pool bar at Kidani Village...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White Sangria and Bud Light

1 January Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

16. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

I loved seeing the kidani pool bar menu! That's where we will be staying in August, and I'm definitely hoping for some time at the pool with a cool cocktail :)

I still need to pack for my trip!

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received another update from hulagirl87.

[​IMG]

She said, "Today we had a free day and went to Downtown Disney. We wanted to ride the Characters in Flight balloon, but when we got there it was closed for the weather. It was a little windy, but we were bummed. I took a picture of the Cookes of Dublin menu as we passed by."

[​IMG]

They had lunch at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caribbean Jerk Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken, roasted red and banana peppers with a spicy jerk sauce
    & All American Sandwich - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and roma tomato.

"DH had the Caribbean jerk chicken sandwich and I had the All American sandwich. Both were excellent, but we each only ate half. They are very filling! I got a side of grapes and we split a lemonade. All in all a great lunch. We love it there." :thumbsup2

Their next stop was at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She said, "Of course we had to go to Goofy's Candy Kitchen! :thumbsup2 I did a make your own treat, a Mickey rice krispy treat dipped in milk chocolate, with Butterfinger, and a dark chocolate drizzle! I bit off his ear when we got back to the Polynesian and it was delicious, but super sweet!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu and misc. pics

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then hulagirl87 and family headed to the Grand Floridian Resort to have dinner at...

1900 Park Fare

[​IMG]

She said, "Tonight we went to 1900 Park Fare. Our reservation was for 5:00 but we got there around 4:30 and checked in, thinking we would just wait a half hour, but they were able to seat us right away. We sat in the very back section which was kind of dark (hence the blurry pictures - sorry!) and a little crowded once the characters came back there. We saw all 5 characters in a 10 minute span of time! That was good because then we could focus on eating." :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The buffet there is really good and has lots of different things! I really liked the jasmine rice. DH and I both had the marsala chicken and liked it a lot. The desserts were really good, the carrot cake being the best."

[​IMG]

3 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DD & Cinderella

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our final update for today was sent to us by Li Li & Nigel.

They were at the Contemporary Resort this evening and stopped for a before dinner cocktail at the...

Outer Rim Lounge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then it was up to the 15th floor for their dinner at the "soon to be closed" (for major refurbishment)...

California Grill

[​IMG]

"Our table was decorated for our anniversary."

Next a menu pic...

[​IMG]

"We started with two flatbreads: Lamb and Bacon Cheeseburger."

[​IMG]

Lamb Gyro Flatbread with Handcrafted Gyro Meat, Feta Cheese, and Marinated Vegetables

[​IMG]

Bacon Cheeseburger Flatbread with Wagyu Beef, Tillamook Cheddar, House-made Dill Pickles, and Florida Tomato Ketchup

Li Li said, "I loved the cheeseburger, while Nigel preferred the lamb. (Sorry, we dove in before pics!)"

Then they shared the...

[​IMG]

Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, bay scallops, tuna and fireball sauce
    & Dragon Roll - Spicy and Tataki tuna with shrimp tempura, bell pepper, avocado, and chili soy glaze

"Both excellent and the spicy roll really was spicy!" ;)

Then they received this complimentary dessert for their anniversary...

[​IMG]

"Deliciously chocolate!"

6 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

20. GoofySon'sMom

GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I heard from marshallsmommy last night. Her trip ended yesterday and she is now home, so it's time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!! :thanks:

marshallsmommy's Total January Game Points Earned = 66

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.