Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot meeee!!! I had volunteer'd to do live updates from my one year anniversary trip Feb 16-23rd!!!

I also have an update from DL that I'd like to send you, if you can let me know how to do that, i'm new at all of this. :) Thanks!!

What's almost as good as Mickey mail? February Dining Game PM!!! :cool1: I'm happier than a Mater in a helley-copter!

Thank you, Barb, for keeping this going. I'm super excited to be able to be part of it.

Angebee said:
What's almost as good as Mickey mail? February Dining Game PM!!! :cool1: I'm happier than a Mater in a helley-copter!

Thank you, Barb, for keeping this going. I'm super excited to be able to be part of it.

I know the feeling! My ME tags haven't arrived, but at least I know the rules for the dining thread :)

I loved the post about dining around the world, though I don't think Dsis and I could eat that much on our own, especially since she's just finished the college program and got used to eating very little during the day! I'm definitely hoping to try a few things though!

I'm still debating whether I should pack a luggage bag or just a carryon. I know I could fit everything in the carryon, but they'll be very little room for souvenirs ;)

You forgot meeee!!! I had volunteer'd to do live updates from my one year anniversary trip Feb 16-23rd!!!

I also have an update from DL that I'd like to send you, if you can let me know how to do that, i'm new at all of this. :) Thanks!!

My deepest apologies, Daisy! It's been a very busy month here on the live thread, and I was afraid that I had forgotten to add someone(s) to the trip list. :guilty: But thank you so much for the reminder, and I'll send you the PM right away...before I forget. :laughing:

Oh, and feel free to send the DL update whenever you can. :thumbsup2

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney World Dining plate is...

:cheer2: Li Li :cheer2:

Li Li and her DH (NigelStW) will be at Disney World from 1/28 - 1/30 and have offered to do live updates for us while there!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Li Li and Nigel!!! :cool1:

Let's begin the day with an update sent to us last night by hulagirl87.

She said, "Today we went to Animal Kingdom..."

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

"We had breakfast at Tusker House. You got the pictures of our food [see Post 2080], but I will attach a picture of Carys with Goofy. She had fun and loved being able to meet Daisy. The breakfast was good, but the restaurant was so noisy!" :eek:

IMG_8874.jpg

Note from jabead: I've also added this pic to hulagirl's Tusker House update in Post 2080 and have given point credit for the pic there. :thumbsup2

Moving on now to their lunch at...

Flame Tree Barbecue

IMG_9003.jpg

Barbecued Chicken Salad

"We had lunch at Flame Tree and DH and I both got the salad. I got it because when I had gone a few years ago, it was so good. They have changed it and now I don't like it much. There are beans and corn in it and the bbq sauce is super spicy now. Not good. The chocolate mousse was good, but the key lime one didn't have very much lime flavor to it."

And then their dinner at...

Captain Cook's

IMG_9128.jpg

"Dinner was back at our hotel, at Captain Cook's. DH had the pork nachos which he liked but the portion was huge. I had a turkey sandwich on multigrain bread with Polynesian chips and it was really good! I will attach a picture of the cupcakes they have there. They look good!" :thumbsup2

IMG_9127.jpg

6 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for animal and cupcake pics

I have decided to continue with the live update thread, at least through the completion of wdwpirates' trip on 3/10. So if there is anyone traveling to the World during the first 10 days of March and are interested in doing some live reporting, please let me know. I am now also going to take names of those interested in being reporters during trips from 3/11 - 5/31. Once I determine the level of interest, I will make a decision regarding the future of this thread after March 10th.

I have already received offers to do live reporting from the following:

MARCH
MicRac - 3/16 - 3/22
GoofySon'sMom - 3/22 - 3/26
KMarston - 3/30 - 4/6

APRIL
mousiemom - 4/15 - 4/19
Hannikins - 4/18 - 4/25
aladdinsgirl - 4/30 - 5/10

MAY
CalSea12 - 5/11 - 5/21
AvasMommy526 - 5/21 - 6/1

If I've forgotten anyone who has already expressed an interest, please let me know.

Oh my gosh, Barb. I don't know what I would do without this thread. It's pretty much the only reason I come to the DIS. I adore this thread and can't imagine my DIS without it.

We'll be there in June, if you're still going, we'll definitely be live updating with you.

Oh my gosh, Barb. I don't know what I would do without this thread. It's pretty much the only reason I come to the DIS. I adore this thread and can't imagine my DIS without it.

We'll be there in June, if you're still going, we'll definitely be live updating with you.

Thank you so much Goofyluver! :goodvibes I'm very happy that you are enjoying the live thread.

And if we are still here in June, I would love to have you contribute! :thumbsup2

I have not commented on this thread much at all. But I have really enjoyed all the pics between trips! Thanks Barb for being such a great thread keeper!

We will be staying at BCV 3/20-3/27 & I think we could manage some updates, at least lunch & dinner as most breakfasts are planned in the villa. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

I have not commented on this thread much at all. But I have really enjoyed all the pics between trips! Thanks Barb for being such a great thread keeper!

We will be staying at BCV 3/20-3/27 & I think we could manage some updates, at least lunch & dinner as most breakfasts are planned in the villa. :)

Thanks DannysMom! I'll add you to the possible list for March. :thumbsup2

I LOVE this thread!! If you do continue thru March, then I would love to contribute during our trip 3/8 - 3/17.

Next up, we have a great update from Tricia (tallen429).

She and her DS, Logan, and mom had dinner last night AKL's...

6409B1D7-D3F5-4F5C-B77B-6C735C1569DE-22109-000015B410ECB595.jpg

Note to Feb. Reporters: Notice the creative use of pager. ;)

Tricia said, "We are staying the next three nights at AKL Jambo. Tonight we got a walk-up reservation at one of my favorites, Jiko! We had a lovely meal with a WONDERFUL server named Shellie. She was very knowledgeable about the menu, but luckily I didn't need help choosing! Yes, we went with a lot of the standards, but they were so delicious. There wasn't anything that any of the three of us didn't love." :thumbsup2

6458039B-2AFD-42C6-B381-5BF0A6C315E6-22109-000015B41EFE0285.jpg

Complimentary Bread Basket
Dabo bread (Ethiopian honey-wheat) and flaxseed focaccia with Tandoori butter

"We started with some light red wines and apps. We had the assorted cheeses and also the boar."

0BB207BF-0074-49E7-9492-DDA401C247BF-22109-000015B4256BDCE4.jpg

12B9B9B2-7DF2-4A0A-8634-DAA60355326E-22109-000015B431B5AC3E.jpg

5D16A17B-4DB4-4EEE-9FB7-B882B849971B-22109-000015B42AD392D5.jpg

Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle Oil and Micro Cilantro

"Oh that boar!!!! It absolutely melted in your mouth!!! Logan kept asking for another taste! The cheese plate was perfect for us and our smaller appetites."

49479990-668D-4BFF-9D2B-18D3DF897204-22109-000015B436E72A57.jpg

Kids' Appetizer

"Logan's appetizer was the celery, apples, and carrots with peanut butter. He at it up!"

D93BABA5-EA62-453E-9CAE-60F81C59A6AA-22109-000015B442A11E4E.jpg

Seared Barbarie Duck Breast
with Potato and Spinach Masala, Royal Trumpet Mushrooms, and Port Emulsion

"For our main, mom and I shared the duck breast. Logan had the kids steak. It was perfectly cooked. He substituted the mac & cheese for the rice."

9350433A-3D0E-4B26-A41B-5D051102F240-22109-000015B43E321614.jpg

Kids' Steak & Mac 'n Cheese (subbed for rice)

And for their desserts...

6A1C5796-1E6D-486D-BAAF-4B3BC59D2A5D-22109-000015B4EEC2D694.jpg

Chocolate and Tea Safari
Vanilla Rooibos-Tanzanian chocolate cake, free form "Kit Kat", and green tea ice cream

FDAAC751-3023-4096-ACDA-10BCB8E4364D-22109-000015B4F4561630.jpg

Kids Safari S'mores

"Logan's comment on them: "they were delicious"! I also ordered mom a cup of vanilla rooibos tea. She really enjoyed it. Over all a phenomenal meal!!!"

3 January Games Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for Cheese Plate menu, pic of Logan, and creative use of pager

autumnpalm said:
I just wanted to say thank you Barb for all your hard work on this thread. It must be a lot of work but I check it multiple times a day and get so much enjoyment out of it. It truly makes me feel like I am right there in Disney and is helping so much with upcoming trip planning. This thread is like a mini vacation.:goodvibes

I don't often comment but I just want to let you know how much I appreciate it even if I mostly lurk. I am so grateful for your hard work!:flower3:

I second this! Also, I can't imagine the time and dedication you have given to the thread! It's one of my favorite ways to start and end my day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be doing live reporting from Feb 3 (ok the 4th) to the 14th.

We are travelling from Beautiful BC Canada :) Our party includes:

ME (Allison)
DH (Jason)
DD7 - Lindsay

And for the first week my MIL will be joining us!

We're staying at BLT Here are our "tentative" ADRs LOL

Monday Febuary 4th
Chef Mickey - Breakfast

Tuesday Feb 5th
Kona Cafe - breakfast
Fantasma - Momma Melrose - Lunch

Wednesday Feb 6th
Yak and Yeti - Lunch

Thursday Feb 7th
1900 park fare breakfast
SciFi - HS dinner

Friday Feb 8th
Teppan Edo - dinner

Saturday Feb 9th
50's Prime Time Cafe lunch
O'Hanas 6:35pm dinner

Sunday Feb 10th
Tony Towne Square - dinner

Monday Feb 11th
Ragland Road - dinner

Tuesday Feb 12th
50's Prime time lunch

Nothing booked for the last day :)

Hi Barb and everyone! I am still here and definitely in for our trip 2/24 - 3/2. I'll give you my list of ADRs once we're closer. Not that I would EVER change them...but just on case.

I, too, must tell you that I love this thread and would be sad to see it end. I can only imagine the hard work and time involved, so while I would understand the need to discontinue it I would sorely miss reading the updates everyday.

If you do decide to continue, I would be more than happy to send in updates when we are there in June. We will be there from June 24 - July 1.

Thank you, Barb for your hard work and commitment. It really is truly appreciated by all. :goodvibes

I LOVE this thread!! If you do continue thru March, then I would love to contribute during our trip 3/8 - 3/17.

Thanks much, I'll add you to this list! :thumbsup2

I second this! Also, I can't imagine the time and dedication you have given to the thread! It's one of my favorite ways to start and end my day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

That's a lot of thank yous. :laughing: I'm so glad you are enjoying the thread.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be doing live reporting from Feb 3 (ok the 4th) to the 14th.

We are travelling from Beautiful BC Canada :) Our party includes:

ME (Allison)
DH (Jason)
DD7 - Lindsay

And for the first week my MIL will be joining us!

We're staying at BLT Here are our "tentative" ADRs LOL

Monday Febuary 4th
Chef Mickey - Breakfast

Tuesday Feb 5th
Kona Cafe - breakfast
Fantasma - Momma Melrose - Lunch

Wednesday Feb 6th
Yak and Yeti - Lunch

Thursday Feb 7th
1900 park fare breakfast
SciFi - HS dinner

Friday Feb 8th
Teppan Edo - dinner

Saturday Feb 9th
50's Prime Time Cafe lunch
O'Hanas 6:35pm dinner

Sunday Feb 10th
Tony Towne Square - dinner

Monday Feb 11th
Ragland Road - dinner

Tuesday Feb 12th
50's Prime time lunch

Nothing booked for the last day :)

Your plans look great, Allison! I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi Barb and everyone! I am still here and definitely in for our trip 2/24 - 3/2. I'll give you my list of ADRs once we're closer. Not that I would EVER change them...but just on case.

Thanks for checking in, Kathy! :)

I, too, must tell you that I love this thread and would be sad to see it end. I can only imagine the hard work and time involved, so while I would understand the need to discontinue it I would sorely miss reading the updates everyday.

If you do decide to continue, I would be more than happy to send in updates when we are there in June. We will be there from June 24 - July 1.

Thank you, Barb for your hard work and commitment. It really is truly appreciated by all. :goodvibes

Thanks so much JennyWren! :goodvibes Sounds like I should extend the "potential" list to June. ;)

Thanks Vicki! :) I am still hoping to take that week off, if you know what I mean. ;) But if not, then I would love to have you doing live updates again. It would definitely help me get over my disappointment. :worried:

I hope so as well! ::yes:: Figure if I bring my laptop with me, I could post a few things myself, with your permission of course!

Now for our final update from CaliBear, who's trip ended yesterday. :sad1:

Earl of Sandwich

CaliBear said, "We spent a couple of hours today at Downtown Disney, shopping, pin trading, and the obligatory...

A46D3F30-AC47-4FB5-BAB0-430F07788F73-22109-000015B5EDC23405.jpg

Chicken Noodle Soup

E73982C7-A5D7-47D4-9BD2-3E47D9031A68-22109-000015B5F2E55090.jpg

The Full Montagu Sandwich
Freshly Roasted Beef, Turkey, Aged Swiss & Sharp Cheddar, Lettuce, & the Earl's Mustard Sauce

"Delicious!"

"Our last Disney food was a sundae from..."

Ghirardelli

ED3FC2C3-D56F-4678-94A1-C6C961E70248-22109-000015B5F78B0ABD.jpg

The Gold Rush Sundae
Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae with Vanilla ice cream, and freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate

"We liked the peanut butter and fudge, but we prefer ice cream that isn't vanilla."

4 January Game Points Earned

If you are still around in June my mom & I are going for my 30th bday and I would love to contribute. I always check your thread and would hate to see it go! I know it's a lot of work and I think we can all agree that appreciate your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter