Coming Home For Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Saphire, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Saphire

Saphire <font color=teal>Loves to hear good news<br><font

I am anxiously awaiting my dear daughter's arrival. She is coming home from grad school to spend Thanksgiving with us. I am soooo excited, we haven't seen her since August and we have missed her deeply.
    Anyone else looking forward to seeing a loved one this Thanksgiving?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. maslex

maslex DIS Veteran

Yes!!!

My dad passed away back in July and 3 weeks later my mom moved to PA to live with my sister. So we (me & my family and my brother and his family) are taking the 4 1/2 hr trip to PA to have Thanksgiving with them. Haven't seen them since the beginning of August. And this is the only time we've ever had a holiday dinner at my sister's house. We thought it would be a good idea to have the family together on the first holiday without my dad. :sad1:

Enjoy your visit with your daughter.

4. Katy Belle

Katy Belle DIS Veteran

We leave in the morning to spend the weekend with our families. My parents are 87 and slowing down. We havent seen them since July. I cant wait to see them!

Enjoy your time with your DD!

5. Saphire

Saphire <font color=teal>Loves to hear good news<br><font

Awww, very sweet maslex and Katy Belle. Treasure your time around the table. :angel:

6. lovemygoofy

lovemygoofy DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Saphire!

For the first time in I don't know how many years, my mama is here with me for Thanksgiving. It's hard for her to believe her "little girl" is all grown up and can manage her kitchen and make a meal for 20+ people. I'm really enjoying having her here with me.

7. Art 1

Art 1 DIS Veteran

Daughter came in from school last night, it had been 3 months. Son gets in one of these next few days, it's been 5 months.

8. avgeek81

avgeek81 DIS Veteran

I don't have any family that lives near me. I do have friends here that I consider family. Last year my mom and my cousin were here for Thanksgiving. I didnt think it would bother me not having family here for the holiday but as it gets closer I am a little sad.

I work retail so this is a busy time for me. Last year when my mom was here I worked until 9:30pm on Christmas eve and had to go to bed at 8pm on New Years eve to get up at 3am the next day. So my mom was alone most of the time. That is why she decided to come in January this year.

9. mamacatnv

mamacatnv That be a Mum Y'all - a Texas Mum

I'm so excited for all of you. :yay::banana: I totally know that feeling

DS is not coming home from college for Thanksgiving. We opted for 2 weeks at Christmas instead. We have not seen him since July and I am counting the hours.

10. christineann

christineann DIS Veteran

My 24 year old daughter flew in from California on Sunday. She took a job there in January (and loves it). It's so wonderful to have her home :love:

11. Southernmiss

Southernmiss <font color=green>I am hazed everyday<br><font col

Waiting on DS to come home from college an hour away.

He called me this morning and said he'd be headed home at 5p.m. when 7 p.m. got here and dinner was ready there was still no DS I called and DH texted him.

He fell asleep! And said he'd still like to drive home tonight. I suggested he wait until daylight tomorrow.

So still waiting..

12. DVCLiz

DVCLiz <font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t

Both daughters due home on Thursday, one is bringing her new boyfriend!! In order to get time with both girls we are combining Thanksgiving this year with my former husband and his wife. It's going to be interesting!!!!

13. Buckalew11

Buckalew11 2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

DD came home around dinner time. So happy! She has an 8 o'clock class in the a.m. to go in for and then she is home for a few days! yay!!! I also have a nice and nephew who came in from school! So, so happy!!

14. sharonmickey

sharonmickey DIS Veteran

For the first time in a few years I will be spending Thanksgiving with both daughters (and sons in law). Also this year the older DD has a 4 month old. The past few years my older DD has not been able to join her sister and I for Thanksgiving. I feel blessed this year to have both girls and their families home. I will miss my cousin and her family though - we usually celebrate together.

15. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

My dad is driving up to pick up my son(5 hours!) and bringing him home for me! Thank you Dad. Wish I could be a fly on the wall in the car for the conversations that will happen.

Can't wait to see him. I did get to see him at parents weekend a little over a month ago. Still feels too long though.

16. donac

donac <font color=black>BL6 Black Team Captain<br><font

My dh is due home this afternoon. We did see him at the end of October but he hasn't been home since the end of Sept.

Then we are spending Thursday with dh 's family and Friday with my family to celebrate my mother's birthday.

17. 4nana

4nana God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of th

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Saphire, Dis friends, and hope you all enjoy your well deserved family time :flower3: !! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and it's truly wonderful when family can all come together to make special memories and count their blessings. :goodvibes