Come to the Dark Side...We Have Cookies...(updates 4/3)

what fun! love their holiday outfits! and snow too :thumbsup2
jealous and happy you get to experience all the new fun magic times!

You'll soon be experiencing the new limited time magic at DLR!

I agree, I love their outfits too.

Gotta love the Mickey touches.

The M&G was fun.

only if they are doing anything...the website doesn't show anything for either one of our trips :(

Spending some fun time tonight catching up on some dis. Oh how it makes me feel good! Love the concept of the Limited Time. The photos of the meet and great were great.

How 's JJ doing with his new meds ? Body adjusting better now? Hearing all the difficulties JJ had over a year ago to how well he is doing now is very impressive. He sounds like an amazing kid with fantastic drive. And Mom and Dad are pretty amazing too!!

You mentioned a few pages back about Special Olympics. I had a coworker whose son participated in bowling and skating. Skating was his main sport. He even competed in China! She really felt that Special Olympics gave her son more independence and confidence in his own ability. Are you going to pursue this?

When is SWW?

Spending some fun time tonight catching up on some dis. Oh how it makes me feel good! Love the concept of the Limited Time. The photos of the meet and great were great.

How 's JJ doing with his new meds ? Body adjusting better now? Hearing all the difficulties JJ had over a year ago to how well he is doing now is very impressive. He sounds like an amazing kid with fantastic drive. And Mom and Dad are pretty amazing too!!

You mentioned a few pages back about Special Olympics. I had a coworker whose son participated in bowling and skating. Skating was his main sport. He even competed in China! She really felt that Special Olympics gave her son more independence and confidence in his own ability. Are you going to pursue this?

When is SWW?

Glad you are getting some time to play on the dis.

He is still adjusting to the meds. He's been sleeping 12 to 14 hours a night from them, but since he's not tired during the day doc said to keep the dose there. It's affecting his appetite like the doc expected. He is expecting to see some weight loss. There are still some breakthrough seizures, but they aren't lasting long and they aren't intense. I hope he soon adjusts.

Yes, we are looking into them.

He was invited to a special needs hip hop class. I'd like him to do that for exercise, but it's mostly teens and adults.

Just wanted you to know I am still following along! Prayers for JJ! And YOU!

I very much appreciate your letting me know you're here! Always appreciate the prayers.

thanks will do!

happy JJ is sleeping better, prayers he adjusts to the new meds soon :hug:

He has trouble before bed. Once he is asleep he sleeps the whole night. He is so worried that he won't fall asleep or that he will have a nightmare. Last night he wanted to be held tight until he fell asleep. When his 10pm medicine time comes, he insists the whole world has to stop for him to go to sleep. Each minute that passes ushers in a level of panic that you would not believe. That is why the doc increased his 6pm meds, hoping we could start getting through bedtime without panic attacks. They are really hard on all of us, especially since anxiety and stress is one of his seizure triggers.

I very much appreciate your letting me know you're here! Always appreciate the prayers.

He has trouble before bed. Once he is asleep he sleeps the whole night. He is so worried that he won't fall asleep or that he will have a nightmare. Last night he wanted to be held tight until he fell asleep. When his 10pm medicine time comes, he insists the whole world has to stop for him to go to sleep. Each minute that passes ushers in a level of panic that you would not believe. That is why the doc increased his 6pm meds, hoping we could start getting through bedtime without panic attacks. They are really hard on all of us, especially since anxiety and stress is one of his seizure triggers.

so sorry he has such anxiety about getting to sleep...hope the new 6pm meds will help with that!

He is still adjusting to the meds. He's been sleeping 12 to 14 hours a night from them, but since he's not tired during the day doc said to keep the dose there. It's affecting his appetite like the doc expected. He is expecting to see some weight loss. There are still some breakthrough seizures, but they aren't lasting long and they aren't intense. I hope he soon adjusts.

He was invited to a special needs hip hop class. I'd like him to do that for exercise, but it's mostly teens and adults.

I keep praying that the med levels will level out. I know that it takes some time and it's hard not to be impatient but it sounds like they are starting to do their job.

I can totally see Anakin at a hip hop class. I bet that he'd show up that entire class with his moves.:banana:

I keep praying that the med levels will level out. I know that it takes some time and it's hard not to be impatient but it sounds like they are starting to do their job.

I can totally see Anakin at a hip hop class. I bet that he'd show up that entire class with his moves.:banana:

I appreciate the prayer, thanks. I think they are starting to work.

Well, he's got this dance thing...You see, choreographed dancing doesn't click with him. He likes to free style. And well, his free style is totally free and uninhibited. He'd fit in good at a DIS meet with you and your family.

He is learning a choreographed dance tonight for his Fabulously Funny Fairytales play. They keep him focused, but I've noticed they always give him some time to free style.

I think the hip hop class would be great for him as long as he can learn to take up only his space and not the whole entire dance floor.

It took him all these months to stop pattern walking in the theater. Those rows, those aisles, those patterns. It takes all he has, but he can now sit and wait until it's his turn.

I appreciate the prayer, thanks. I think they are starting to work.

Well, he's got this dance thing...You see, choreographed dancing doesn't click with him. He likes to free style. And well, his free style is totally free and uninhibited. He'd fit in good at a DIS meet with you and your family.

He is learning a choreographed dance tonight for his Fabulously Funny Fairytales play. They keep him focused, but I've noticed they always give him some time to free style.

I think the hip hop class would be great for him as long as he can learn to take up only his space and not the whole entire dance floor.

It took him all these months to stop pattern walking in the theater. Those rows, those aisles, those patterns. It takes all he has, but he can now sit and wait until it's his turn.

You tell Anakin that if we meet up in May, I wanna see those dance moves. I might even break out and do my Hammer Time moves for him. :rotfl:

Will you be allowed to take pictures during their practice time tonight? If so, please post them so we can see.

You tell Anakin that if we meet up in May, I wanna see those dance moves. I might even break out and do my Hammer Time moves for him. :rotfl:

Will you be allowed to take pictures during their practice time tonight? If so, please post them so we can see.

Actually, I was just typing an update that has some pictures from his December theater classes in it. One is a performance for the parents and another is a dress rehearsal. I'll post them. Not sure I can get pictures tonight. They try to keep as many distractions as they can out of practices.

Sometimes all you need is a laugh...Part 1​

Our JJ, aka Anakin, is the most serious child you will ever meet. He thinks in black and white and there are very few things he finds funny. When dress rehearsals began some people were allowed to stay and watch. My son was very upset. I had to pull him aside to find out why he was about to have a meltdown.

People were laughing at him. He was insulted and was about to cry.

They needed him on stage. I had to think fast. I couldn't take the time to explain that they weren't laughing at him they were laughing with him. Because he wasn't laughing and he wouldn't be able to relate to that saying.

The other kids were coming to take him with them backstage. I told him really quickly that they were laughing because his character made them happy. That was all he needed to hear. He was good to go.

He discovered that HE is funny and he loves to bring a smile to people's faces. He discovered this first as Bob the Bear where he stole the show in a skit that the kids wrote. During the classes they learned about developing characters, plot, conflict, make up, the stage, etc. The end product was putting together all they learned into a skit for the parents. This was the dress rehearsal I had mentioned above.

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Then there was the Christmas play for his special needs theater group. He was cast as Max the Grinch's dog. He had everyone in stitches. Especially when he lifted his leg which wasn't in the script. Oy, I shake my head. :confused3:rotfl2: He was told to improvise and act like a dog, getting some suggestions from the student helpers.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

Little by little we have been enjoying the shows at WDW. On Saturday, we headed to the MK for the sole purpose of seeing the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang.

We got to Main St and I took out my camera to take a picture of the Main St. Bakery closed. I snapped a picture. Nothing. The button wouldn't work. The camera wouldn't turn on. Then it hit me. I left the battery in the charger at home. Well, the camera phone was going to have to do.

20130119_154610.jpg

I put the Nikon back in the back pack and there it stayed. We actually had a good laugh about it. Except for JJ. He couldn't understand why I wasn't upset. I told him if I didn't have the camera phone, then I'd be a little upset.

We had no idea other than somewhere near Dumbo to find the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang. So we headed that direction. Until we saw peak signs. Who can resist? Not us.

20130119_155522.jpg

Are you curious too? Thought so...

20130119_155526.jpg

This is the area for the Mine Train.​

We walked past Dumbo and right away saw some clowns setting up. We were here! We found it. I think they heard my shouts of joy. Not sure they've had too many people come to the park just to see them.

20130119_155756.jpg

The children were instructed to use the buckets as seats. JJ already was in his w/c so he used his as a foot rest. It was nice they gave him one anyway.

The show started. He loved it. They asked if they were funny, and right away my Honest Abe shouted, "NO!" He got all the laughs. Then something happened and it got his funny bone. He laughed and laughed. He thought it was the funniest show he has ever seen.

20130119_155951.jpg

20130119_160002.jpg

20130119_160109.jpg

Next thing I knew, he was being handed moroccos.

Look at the joy on the ladies face in the backround.

20130119_160905.jpg

20130119_160913.jpg

They started cleaning up the show, and the clown who gave him moroccos gave him a clown nose.

20130119_161327.jpg

Our next stop was to get a snack, Storybook Circus Souvenirs is a great place for a treat!

[/CENTER]
20130119_161810.jpg

20130119_161829.jpg

20130119_162009.jpg

[/CENTER]

snack continued...(we didn't get a snack here)

Part 2

But instead we ended up at Gaston's

20130119_165403.jpg

and checking out what was new

20130119_163335.jpg

20130119_163911.jpg

20130119_172035.jpg

20130119_163849.jpg

We played a round of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and headed home. The park was a bit crowded for the 3 day holiday.

20130119_163606.jpg

love the photos from JJ's shows.....:rotfl2: about him lifting his leg :rotfl2: so wonderful he is able to do some improv too!

the Giggle Gang look like a lot of fun! did JJ get to keep the nose? great he was able to enjoy and laugh along!

so want one of those cupcakes....

How cute that JJ improvised during the play and lifted his leg like a dog. Funny stuff!

I am loving all of the pictures of the new Storybook Circus. The Giggle Gang sounds like something that John, yes I said John, would enjoy. He loves all that silly stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter