Come to the Dark Side...We Have Cookies...(updates 4/3)

I cancelled our reservation at Pop Century. We just couldn't figure out how it would work with needing icepacks and not having a freezer.

I cancelled our reservation at Pop Century. We just couldn't figure out how it would work with needing icepacks and not having a freezer.

I thought that for medical reasons they would either provide a freezer or allow you to store them in a freezer in the main building. Did you ask?

sounds like anakin's appt went well! bowling would be a fun activity for him and how wonderful if he gets to be a part of the Special Olympics :goodvibes

bummer about canc your POP stay, hopefully the driving back and forth will be doable!

I thought that for medical reasons they would either provide a freezer or allow you to store them in a freezer in the main building. Did you ask?

No, I did not look into that.

But it makes our August/Sept stay at CSR all that much special.

sounds like anakin's appt went well! bowling would be a fun activity for him and how wonderful if he gets to be a part of the Special Olympics :goodvibes

bummer about canc your POP stay, hopefully the driving back and forth will be doable!

They explained to me that usually people do it through their school. But he is enrolled at a private school but taught at home, so that complicates things a bit. Keep your fingers crossed. If the door gets shut this year, then we'll wait until the right doors open.

Hopefully the drive back and forth won't have to happen each day. Maybe friends will let us stop by? Dh has a relative who lives closer to Disney than us. She's a snowbird, but the house is there year round, maybe something can be worked out? Then there are off site motels villas or suites. We will keep all options open.

Good news on the Neuro front. The heat IS a bear, you and I both have talked about that so much. Sorry about Pop, but you are SOI RIGHT, PLENTY of options, Disney doesn't have the market on rooms and some places are VERY convenient. A snowbird aunt...does she ever rent the place out? and woohoo for CSR in Aug/Sept! I had looked the Mickyard (is that the correct terminology?) up and what a great deal!

You will make the opportunities available to JJ, we are both good at finding what our children need and pursing things till they work. So proud of you Michelle!

Good news on the Neuro front. The heat IS a bear, you and I both have talked about that so much. Sorry about Pop, but you are SOI RIGHT, PLENTY of options, Disney doesn't have the market on rooms and some places are VERY convenient. A snowbird aunt...does she ever rent the place out? and woohoo for CSR in Aug/Sept! I had looked the Mickyard (is that the correct terminology?) up and what a great deal!

You will make the opportunities available to JJ, we are both good at finding what our children need and pursing things till they work. So proud of you Michelle!

Thanks for the round of encouragement.

The airconditioner fan from Amazon came in today. Didn't try it yet. But my fingers and toes are crossed that we have better success than you did with your two.

She does not rent the place out, but perhaps she will in the future. They are able to come down for less time every year. It's very tiny. Enough room for 2 people though.

HI!!! :wave2: Found my way over....marking my spot and going back to read and catch up.

There are some changes coming to Disney that may or may not affect our trip.

FP+ is one of the new technologies rolling out soon. I've been folowing the rumor theads here and on other boards.

And yesterday the DIS published this blog about GAC and the possible changes dueto FP+ http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/01/16/guest-assistance-cards-vs-fastpass-let-the-battle-begin/

I saw Debbie and a few other friends commented on there. I considered commenting, but I think I would just be repeating what I already said in this thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3034734

The only comment I'd like to add, is that I think it would be very beneficial for Disney to take a lesson from Universal on how their Attraction Assistance Card works. We were able to beat the heat much easier at IOA and Universal than at Disney. He came out of the parks less exhausted.

At Universal, they linked his information to their databass. His card has a bar code that is scanned every time he goes on an attraction and the card is turned in every time we get a new one.

When we arrive at an attraction I take his card to the ride attendant. If it's less than a 30 minute wait they send us to the appropriate queue. If it's more than a 30 minute wait, they write a return time on the card.

We were able to hang out in the air conditioning until his return time. He stayed cool and it was so much less stress on his body. There were only two attractions he could ride at Universal, Minion Mayhem and Shrek. They were the only ones with stationary seats. He loved them, especially the dance party with the minions afterwards.

Disney give him so many more options since there are so many calmer attractions.

There are some changes coming to Disney that may or may not affect our trip.

FP+ is one of the new technologies rolling out soon. I've been folowing the rumor theads here and on other boards.

And yesterday the DIS published this blog about GAC and the possible changes dueto FP+ http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/01/16/guest-assistance-cards-vs-fastpass-let-the-battle-begin/

I saw Debbie and a few other friends commented on there. I considered commenting, but I think I would just be repeating what I already said in this thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3034734

The only comment I'd like to add, is that I think it would be very beneficial for Disney to take a lesson from Universal on how their Attraction Assistance Card works. We were able to beat the heat much easier at IOA and Universal than at Disney. He came out of the parks less exhausted.

At Universal, they linked his information to their databass. His card has a bar code that is scanned every time he goes on an attraction and the card is turned in every time we get a new one.

When we arrive at an attraction I take his card to the ride attendant. If it's less than a 30 minute wait they send us to the appropriate queue. If it's more than a 30 minute wait, they write a return time on the card.

We were able to hang out in the air conditioning until his return time. He stayed cool and it was so much less stress on his body. There were only two attractions he could ride at Universal, Minion Mayhem and Shrek. They were the only ones with stationary seats. He loved them, especially the dance party with the minions afterwards.

Disney give him so many more options since there are so many calmer attractions.

I saw the links last night on the DLR forum....hope the new FP+ doesn't mess with using the GAC ...sounds like Universal has a much better system! DLR is so far behind WDW with the FP...they are now just implementing the strict return time!

I saw the links last night on the DLR forum....hope the new FP+ doesn't mess with using the GAC ...sounds like Universal has a much better system! DLR is so far behind WDW with the FP...they are now just implementing the strict return time!

You're back to DLR in a month!

I was leary of Universal's system the first time we used it, but it was great!

APs are another thing that will be affected at some point by FP+. There's so much speculation. There's another thread on the DIS where they are discussing being allowed 20 FP+ per quarter with the AP. That could have the possibility of affecting one of your world trips since you are hitting them multiple times too.

But any of it is speculation right now. Slowly but surely we'll start to see how things change.

You're back to DLR in a month!

I was leary of Universal's system the first time we used it, but it was great!

APs are another thing that will be affected at some point by FP+. There's so much speculation. There's another thread on the DIS where they are discussing being allowed 20 FP+ per quarter with the AP. That could have the possibility of affecting one of your world trips since you are hitting them multiple times too.

But any of it is speculation right now. Slowly but surely we'll start to see how things change.

yup 6 weeks Saturday pixiedust: can't wait...still waiting on park hours to be released...hate they only go out 6 weeks...why can't they do 6 months like WDW :sad:
hope the new systems will work as they should! at DLR we usually don't use to many FP, so would save them for WDW!

Sounds like it would work for you then.

The thread was saying 20 FP+ per quarter. If it comes to that we will save our allotment until we have company visit to use it. Just think maybe next time you come to WDW we can pre-plan on meeting at and riding an attration that we FP+ together in the reservation systemp 6 months in advance. How's that for microplanning.

Sounds like it would work for you then.

The thread was saying 20 FP+ per quarter. If it comes to that we will save our allotment until we have company visit to use it. Just think maybe next time you come to WDW we can pre-plan on meeting at and riding an attration that we FP+ together in the reservation systemp 6 months in advance. How's that for microplanning.

its good you will have been using FP+ before we come down so you can explain it all to me :thumbsup2 looks like 6 months out will be busy :scared: good thing this isn't my first WDW trip:)

JJ was doing so well with his seizure control, then last night he had some clusters during his sleep.

It is getting harder and harder for us to turn him on his side. He is growing so much. I can barely do it by myself, glad dh was there to help me during the night.

You may be wondering why he has to be turned on his side during a seizure. It's to prevent choking.

We were at the neurologist on Tuesday and he increased one of his medications. Seizures were the result of the last increase too, until his body became adjusted to the new dose.

I just knew something was brewing yesterday. I was on the phone with a friend yesteday when the lawn crew was outside. It's been months since noises have really bothered him. But yesterday, he was under the dining room table wimpering like a puppy. He was scared to death of the mower, hedger, and blower noises. I so hope we do not get back at that point again. He's come so far.

its good you will have been using FP+ before we come down so you can explain it all to me :thumbsup2 looks like 6 months out will be busy :scared: good thing this isn't my first WDW trip:)

I'm not staying on property til August. But I'm sure I'll get experience as a passholder using it.

Hi.

Poor JJ. Hopefully the medicines will regulate quicker and he won't suffer any loss. My prayers are with him.

Thanks Michele! Appreciate it. He is awake and getting ready to start his school work. It stinks to have to start counting all over again.

JJ was doing so well with his seizure control, then last night he had some clusters during his sleep.

It is getting harder and harder for us to turn him on his side. He is growing so much. I can barely do it by myself, glad dh was there to help me during the night.

You may be wondering why he has to be turned on his side during a seizure. It's to prevent choking.

We were at the neurologist on Tuesday and he increased one of his medications. Seizures were the result of the last increase too, until his body became adjusted to the new dose.

I just knew something was brewing yesterday. I was on the phone with a friend yesteday when the lawn crew was outside. It's been months since noises have really bothered him. But yesterday, he was under the dining room table wimpering like a puppy. He was scared to death of the mower, hedger, and blower noises. I so hope we do not get back at that point again. He's come so far.

I'm not staying on property til August. But I'm sure I'll get experience as a passholder using it.

Sorry JJ has been experiencing seizures again. I hope they get better quickly!

Jackie

sorry to hear Anakin had a tough night and issues with the noises...hope he felt better today :hug:

I hope last night was better than the night before. Praying for JJ to get through these tough adjustments to meds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter