Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

So a few days ago car pooling to work with DH and DD talking about Xmas and DD says, "what would be really cool is to take me to Universal Studios to see Harry Potter (since she missed out on DH and I 2014 trip) to celebrate my submitting my thesis since you took me to WDW as a surprise to celebrate graduating at the end of grade 12. It would nicely bookend my studies and we all deserve a treat having each been stressed to the max with work lately..and it will probably be the last family holiday we have." She has since said it just popped into her head then. DH surprised us both with - "well if we did that we'd have to pop into WDW too..." ( shows work's been getting to him too - 3 months ago it was no overseas trips yada yada yada) but with my parents precarious state of health albeit now safely in a nursing home, and DD not sure if she'll make the deadline for her PhD submission, we all figured well it will be a last minute decision. THEN I have another horrible morning at work and over lunch just start googling airfares and Air NZ has a deal for $1303 return to Orlando in January - well you can't beat that? So in 5 days we have gone from no holidays on the horizon other than a week up the coast to 10 days at WDW and Universal - woohoo!
and for anyone looking the air fare deals with Air NZ I think have been extended to around 9 Sept. DD now has a big carrot for meeting her deadline (it actually gives her a few weeks extra if she needs it).

We're going to Disney again:banana:

So a few days ago car pooling to work with DH and DD talking about Xmas and DD says, "what would be really cool is to take me to Universal Studios to see Harry Potter (since she missed out on DH and I 2014 trip) to celebrate my submitting my thesis since you took me to WDW as a surprise to celebrate graduating at the end of grade 12. It would nicely bookend my studies and we all deserve a treat having each been stressed to the max with work lately." She has since said it just popped into her head then. DH surprised us both with - "well if we did that we'd have to pop into WDW too..." ( shows work's been getting to him too - 3 months ago it was no overseas trips yada yada yada) but with my parents precarious state of health albeit now safely in a nursing home, and DD not sure if she'll make the deadline for her PhD submission, we all figured well it will be a last minute decision. THEN I have another horrible morning at work and over lunch just start googling airfares and Air NZ has a deal for $1303 return to Orlando in January - well you can't beat that? So in 5 days we have gone from no holidays on the horizon other than a week up the coast to 10 days at WDW and Universal - woohoo!
and for anyone looking the air fare deals with Air NZ I think have been extended to around 9 Sept. DD now has a big carrot for meeting her deadline (it actually gives her a few weeks extra if she needs it).

OMG!!! Can I fit into your suitcase?????

(Congrats! That's great news)

So a few days ago car pooling to work with DH and DD talking about Xmas and DD says, "what would be really cool is to take me to Universal Studios to see Harry Potter (since she missed out on DH and I 2014 trip) to celebrate my submitting my thesis since you took me to WDW as a surprise to celebrate graduating at the end of grade 12. It would nicely bookend my studies and we all deserve a treat having each been stressed to the max with work lately..and it will probably be the last family holiday we have." She has since said it just popped into her head then. DH surprised us both with - "well if we did that we'd have to pop into WDW too..." ( shows work's been getting to him too - 3 months ago it was no overseas trips yada yada yada) but with my parents precarious state of health albeit now safely in a nursing home, and DD not sure if she'll make the deadline for her PhD submission, we all figured well it will be a last minute decision. THEN I have another horrible morning at work and over lunch just start googling airfares and Air NZ has a deal for $1303 return to Orlando in January - well you can't beat that? So in 5 days we have gone from no holidays on the horizon other than a week up the coast to 10 days at WDW and Universal - woohoo!

Woohoo! That's awesome!

Thanks PIO. Can you squish up really small?? but really isn't that an amazing airfare? I have been assured by "the boss" it doesn't interfere with any other trips under discussion for 2017.

How exciting for you! Bonus trip!!

I thought we had our 2017 trip relatively planned until DH just threw at me that he wants to visit his family in the UK. So now I have a billion different trip plans running through my mind but none seem quite right- my US one was down to a tee, exactly what we wanted!

Mindy32 - UK visit - so many possibilities including a side trip to DL Paris? still I know what you mean when you have something all planned in your head and then you have to start afresh.

I'm sorry to be boring but only those on here will appreciate ... that little bubble of excitement when you realise you now have a reason for checking out the WDW (or DL or any other specific site) on the boards for all the latest goss.

lol - totally understand @AussieWendy, very exciting- have a wonderful time planning

Oooh Wendy that's an exciting turn of events!! What is your daughter's PhD in?

Thanks Zosha - yes it is. Sorry real life getting a bit busy so have been AWOL for a couple of weeks. She's doing it in microbiology/virology - respiratory bacterial and viral co-infections in bubs. In some cases they seem to infect together and the result is increased severity and those who are most severe (hospitalised) tend to have higher rates of developing asthma. She is frantically writing now as her thesis is due late October. I admit I probably would have preferred to explore some new ground for our next trip (I have always wanted to see Niagara Falls and Quebec) but she has worked hard the past 8 years and it was only thanks to her help that I could leave my parents in 2014 so DH and I could go to WDW and Universal. So it is fair we all celebrate together at her choice - and I don't need much persuasion for a Dis fix - lol!

I am waiting for the Disney hotel discounts to come out for January - expected end of this month/early October but Pro Bowl is on the weekend we fly out so they are tipping this might affect crowd levels and hotel capacities the week prior. Also waiting to see if I can get a discount voucher I can use for Universal Hotels - last time got a great deal from Orbitz so checking sites regularly. I do have a BOG lunch secured for one day!! Still deciding on others. I see prices have gone up quite a bit for some of the nice table service places and once I book them it determines the days we go where more or less. As Star Wars fans the Galactic Spectacular is on the list but of course don't know yet which days it will be on - being low season might only be one or two nights/week. Also River of Light slim chance might have started by then too. So suspect will be more booking and then rearranging/cancelling going on than I normally do. We are also excited about booking a kayak tour to see the manatees at Blue Springs one day too.

Hope everyone is doing well. We leave on Wednesday, getting so close now. I have mostly packed except for things that cant be chucked in till the morning of.
Only one day left of school for DD and work for DH. I plan on washing sheets tomorrow and give whole house a clean and vacuum/mop. I hate leaving the house a mess, anyone else like that?
Aussie Wendy - how exciting! your trip sounds great, we want to head to WDW at some point but just keep heading back to DL since we love it so much lol

The Disney Jamberry wraps are finally available in Australia and New Zealand!!! They're available starting from 8am aest on Wednesday!

disney_findingdory_sms_icons_collections_090616_aunz_29826971906_o.jpg disney-volume3_sms-icons-collections_aunz_083016_cinderella_29862051335_o.jpg disney-volume3_sms-icons-collections_aunz_083016_lionking_29235694093_o.jpg disney-volume3_sms-icons-collections_aunz_083016_tinkerbell_29235693933_o.jpg disney-volume3_sms-icons-collections_aunz_083016_pocahontas_29235693993_o.jpg

OK, please return to your regular browsing....

Last edited:
Lol! My Facebook feed has been taken over by this news today! Glad we can finally get on the Disney Jamberry bandwagon :thumbsup2

I'm trying so hard not to spam my facebook feed with it, but I'm just so excited! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!