Come on Estoppel!!!!

Called again today. It has been one day shy of 4 weeks since the deed was filed. Was on hold for a while, but the issue is finally resolved! YEAH! Member services politely apologized and said it shouldn't have taken that long. They didn't come out and say it, but I figure there was a clerical error. I have received everything from DVC including an email with my online activation (even though I had already called to get it). Good luck to all of you waiting on closing docs!
Hip-hip-hooray!!!:yay:

Called again today. It has been one day shy of 4 weeks since the deed was filed. Was on hold for a while, but the issue is finally resolved! YEAH! Member services politely apologized and said it shouldn't have taken that long. They didn't come out and say it, but I figure there was a clerical error. I have received everything from DVC including an email with my online activation (even though I had already called to get it). Good luck to all of you waiting on closing docs!
WOO HOO...... Glad no more :yo-yo: for you......

My contract passed ROFR 13 days ago and I am still waiting on closing paperwork.. I am trying to book a 2BR at AKL in November and this is cutting too close to the 7mo window for comfort. I was really hoping to book before the 7 mo window opens and there are no 2br's left! I am biting my nails off over here...

We passed ROFR on 3/24 and very excited to be buying back in. Former SSR now buying AK at a time that makes more sense for us in many ways. Coincidentally we just stayed at the main AKL on cash a couple of weeks ago with our young grandsons and as usual, had a great time.

Just received closing documents for our contract. ROFR passed 2/25, closing documents received 3/26.
Our contract closed today!! So glad something moved quickly! Hoping it can be recorded quickly! It's at VGC

Last edited:
Our contract closed today!! So glad something moved quickly! Hoping it can be recorded quickly! It's at GCV.
COngrats, I think I was a day ahead of you. Now I am waiting on the sellers to send in their closing docs.

COngrats, I think I was a day ahead of you. Now I am waiting on the sellers to send in their closing docs.

thanks, I couldn't believe how quickly our sellers returned their documents. we got the closing papers on Thursday, and sent ours by FedEx on Friday. both our papers in the sellers papers got there on Monday! now just anxious to see how long it takes for California to record the deed since this is at VGC. I've heard it takes longer in California than in Florida. hope your sellers return their documents soon!

Finally! Estopple completed and final closing documents arrived today. We passed ROFR on 3/5/15, so 27 days. Aiming for closing on April 9th.

passed 2/25 still waiting on closing docs,haven't even heard from the title company,now I've gone from feeling silly to just a wee bit frustrated!

Emailed timeshare store to get an update - passed rofr on march 9. Was told Disney is now up to March 4 in terms of issuing estoppels. fingers STILL CROSSED that we will be able to book something for the first week of September by the time we close and get our member information. Even AKV seems like a long shot now :(

As posted earlier, my ROFR passed 3/5. The title company finally got the Estoppel from Disney this morning (4/2). On to closing :tongue:.

That said, I think it is atrocious it takes this long for Disney to reply to "is this account clean and could you put a freeze on it". :rolleyes1

I emailed today to check on status of ours. She said that as of today, DVC is working on contracts that passed rofr on 3/4.

As posted earlier, my ROFR passed 3/5. The title company finally got the Estoppel from Disney this morning (4/2). On to closing :tongue:.

That said, I think it is atrocious it takes this long for Disney to reply to "is this account clean and could you put a freeze on it". :rolleyes1

Agreed. Disney is taking way too long on these. Oh well... nothing to do but wait. :)

Emailed timeshare store to get an update - passed rofr on march 9. Was told Disney is now up to March 4 in terms of issuing estoppels. fingers STILL CROSSED that we will be able to book something for the first week of September by the time we close and get our member information. Even AKV seems like a long shot now :(
That is such a long time!!!!! Did they say that was normal? I figured Sept would have plenty of availability ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter