Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

I want to ride the Nemo Subs only because 20,000 Leagues is one of the rides I really remember from my childhood trips to WDW. I know it won't be the same but I still want to experience it.

Cute PP pictures by the castle.

Bummer that you weren't feeling well after dinner. Disney food does that to me every time!

Yay for a short line for Goofy!

Mickey and the Magical Map seems like such a great show!

The Nemo subs seem fun. They definitely remind me of 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea that I remember from my first trip to WDW!

Great pictures of the sunset at the park - love the one of the castle with the reflection in the water!!

Fun Goofy meet - DL seems full of random characters!

I want to ride the Nemo Subs only because 20,000 Leagues is one of the rides I really remember from my childhood trips to WDW. I know it won't be the same but I still want to experience it.

Cute PP pictures by the castle.

Bummer that you weren't feeling well after dinner. Disney food does that to me every time!

Yay for a short line for Goofy!

I think you will enjoy it, even if just for nostalgic reasons!

There was definitely some seasoning on the lobster roll that didn't agree with me. Luckily it didn't take too long to feel better.

The Goofy meet was a real treat.

Mickey and the Magical Map seems like such a great show!

The Nemo subs seem fun. They definitely remind me of 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea that I remember from my first trip to WDW!

Great pictures of the sunset at the park - love the one of the castle with the reflection in the water!!

Fun Goofy meet - DL seems full of random characters!

It's such a fun show, something both kids and adults to enjoy!

I think it's pretty much the same ride, just a different theme!

Thank you :)

It was a great surprise to meet Goofy. DL definitely has a good assortment of characters and different places to meet them.

Oh man, there was a lobster roll somewhere?? Good thing my husband isn’t on these boards or else he’d be like “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!”

The teacup shots are gorgeous!!

Wow! I had no idea there was a Mary Poppins horse on the carrousel. I bet it’s a popular one to ride!

Oh man, there was a lobster roll somewhere?? Good thing my husband isn’t on these boards or else he’d be like “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!”

The teacup shots are gorgeous!!

Wow! I had no idea there was a Mary Poppins horse on the carrousel. I bet it’s a popular one to ride!

Haha there is! If you ever go back, check out the Harbour Gallery for them!

Thanks!

That was actually a tidbit my mom had found out in her own research! It was a cool thing to see :)

It really does get crowded in New Orleans square ... I love the theming of the area but not good for pedestrian traffic!

Cool pictures of the tea cups - and really does look neat with the lanterns when they are lit at night

Glad you got to meet goofy in his 60th!

It really does get crowded in New Orleans square ... I love the theming of the area but not good for pedestrian traffic!

Cool pictures of the tea cups - and really does look neat with the lanterns when they are lit at night

Glad you got to meet goofy in his 60th!

Totally agree, wasn't expecting that!

Thanks, it's really nice that it's open air as opposed to the WDW version.

It was a really nice surprise to meet him!

Day 3 - Disneyland Forever

At this point we decided to head towards the part of the park where we wanted to watch Disneyland Forever/Paint the Night, which was near It's a Small World.

First up was Disneyland Forever! All of these are Mom's pics. It seems neither of us took a ton of pics this time around!

While the projections look gorgeous here, the view of the fireworks isn't all that great. We had a great view of the Matterhorn from here. Unfortunately I don't think Nemo was flying tonight so we missed out on a good view of him.

Once the fireworks ended, we went right to the curb and staked out a spot for the parade. We were in for a long wait, but I really wanted to make sure that we had a front row spot. I thought about seeing if we could find anything closer to Main Street (which we probably could've in hindsight) but didn't want to take the chance.

A PP photographer came by and took our photo while we waited, which was cool!

Up next...We finally see Paint the Night!

I love that the DL shows are projected on all the different buildings! Sorry the fireworks view wasn't the best. But I love the pictures waiting for Paint the Night! Great spot and can't wait to hear about it. It seems like an amazing parade!

You got some good pictures of the IASW projections!

It was a bit of an odd spot for the fireworks as you could see the back ones but not really the ones over the Castle

... can't beat front row for Paint the Night!

I love that the DL shows are projected on all the different buildings! Sorry the fireworks view wasn't the best. But I love the pictures waiting for Paint the Night! Great spot and can't wait to hear about it. It seems like an amazing parade!

The projections are SO cool! And I was still glad we watched from that area, it was nice to check out the different viewing locations.

Thank you! :)

You got some good pictures of the IASW projections!

It was a bit of an odd spot for the fireworks as you could see the back ones but not really the ones over the Castle

... can't beat front row for Paint the Night!

Thanks!

Yeah, not the best spot but still cool to watch from there and get a different vantage point.

Definitely can't! And it was worth the wait :)

Day 3 - Paint the Night!

Finally, Paint the Night was heading towards us!

This parade was fantastic! Pictures definitely don't do it justice. So colorful and fun, and the song will no doubt get stuck in your head! It's hard to pick which section I loved the most! Though I will say I was fascinated with all the colors on Mack's truck in the Cars section! But it was all really awesome, and I loved that it ended of course with the classic characters.

Up next...We finish our day at Disneyland!

I LOVE this parade and I have only seen pictures. I really like the way the projections for Disneyland Forever look on IASW, too!

I am sorry you didn't have the best fireworks view. The projections on IASW look great! I love your PtN pictures!

Paint the Night really is awesome - and fully agree with you about the song!

I love the technology behind Mack and how it is like a 3-dementional array of LED balls ... not even sure if that is the best way to explain it but it is really cool to see in person! I loved the Monsters Inc doors too!

I LOVE this parade and I have only seen pictures. I really like the way the projections for Disneyland Forever look on IASW, too!

You are going to love seeing this parade in person! The projections do look awesome on IASW, so I am glad we watched from there just for that reason!

I am sorry you didn't have the best fireworks view. The projections on IASW look great! I love your PtN pictures!

I wasn't too bummed since we had seen them on Main Street the first night, and we'd get to see them again later in the trip. I was happy to see the projection on IASW!

Paint the Night really is awesome - and fully agree with you about the song!

I love the technology behind Mack and how it is like a 3-dementional array of LED balls ... not even sure if that is the best way to explain it but it is really cool to see in person! I loved the Monsters Inc doors too!

SO awesome! And that's exactly what I loved about Mack, that it wasn't just a screen of lights! Ah yes the Monsters Inc doors might have been my second favorite part- so cool!

Paint the Night looks amazing! Great pictures!

It's a fabulous parade! I love the Main Street Electrical Parade but this one definitely puts it to shame!

Day 3 - Goodnight Disneyland!

After the parade, we took some pics in front of the castle all lit up.

There was still time before the park closed so we decided to try our luck with Peter Pan's Flight. The posted wait was 50 minutes. I honestly thought about skipping it, but I know it had recently been refurbished and I wanted to see the differences from the WDW version, despite how minor they were. This wait took the whole time :-/ We were both exhausted and really fighting through at this point. But we made it on!

We enjoyed our ride, despite how tired we were!

We slowly made our way to the exit, also stopping to look at the magical windows on Main Street!

We headed back to the hotel after a long but fun-filled day!

Up next..a Calfornia Adventure day!

Looks like a wonderful day and night at Disneyland. The paint the night parade looks so cool, much better than the old electrical parade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter