Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

That's great that you got a chance to do Peter Pan, even if the wait was long. How did it compare to the WDW version? Is the queue similar?

Love those magical windows! So many little touches at DL!

Castle sure looks nice lit up at night!

That line for Peter Pan is just always crazy long! Glad you did get on it though

You don't look exhausted in your pictures...you look radiant! (Exhausted at Disney is better than perky at work...) ;)

Thank you, that's very kind :) And you are so right!

Looks like a wonderful day and night at Disneyland. The paint the night parade looks so cool, much better than the old electrical parade!

It really was a great day! Paint the Night is amazing, and definitely miles better than the Electrical Parade (though I will always love it too!)

That's great that you got a chance to do Peter Pan, even if the wait was long. How did it compare to the WDW version? Is the queue similar?

Love those magical windows! So many little touches at DL!

It is pretty similar, just a few minor differences. And they do not have the interactive queue, so it's quite a boring wait!

The magical windows were so special!

Castle sure looks nice lit up at night!

That line for Peter Pan is just always crazy long! Glad you did get on it though

It's so beautiful!

I know we should be used to it since the one at WDW always has a long line, but at least that one has FP! I'm glad we did get a chance to ride it though.

Day 4 - California Adventure!

Today we were starting our day in California Adventure- finally!

We stopped for some free breakfast at our hotel before heading over to the park! We were let right in and stopped for this PP photographer we saw! (Are you surprised though? ;))

We then waited at the rope with the rest of the masses until the park opened right at 8am.

The rope was dropped and we headed where everyone else was headed- Radiator Springs Racers!

We followed the "wide right" technique and were getting in line in no time. The posted wait was 25 minutes but it definitely took less than that!

We LOVED THIS RIDE!! I know it's similar to Test Track at Epcot, but we loved this WAY more! The storyline and themeing is incredible! I think our faces show how much fun we had :)

Mater was out meeting with a short line so we took the opportunity to get a picture with him. Unlike the Cars meet at Hollywood Studios, these guys actually move and talk! It was very cool!

We admired some of the sights before I went and grabbed us a set of FP to ride RSR again later in the morning.

Up next...Paradise Pier

Radiator Springs Racers really is a cool ride. I do wish it went a little slower during the inside parts with the annimatronics as some parts felt a little rushed and i would have loved to take in the details more ... but other than this it is awesome!

Radiator Springs Racers really is a cool ride. I do wish it went a little slower during the inside parts with the annimatronics as some parts felt a little rushed and i would have loved to take in the details more ... but other than this it is awesome!

You know, I have to agree with you on that. The inside portions of the ride were awesome but quick! I especially would have liked more time to appreciate the paint job/tire change scenes! But nonetheless, an amazing ride!!!

I seriously love all of your pictures!! The parade pics are wonderful and I wish I was getting a chance to see it again! Love the castle night shots and LOVE the shots with the trolley! So cool. :D

Paint the Night looks INCREDIBLE!!! I hope it sticks around after September when the 60th stuff is done because I would just love to see it in person but we definitely won't be able to get there this year.

I love RSR! So much better than Test Track in my opinion, and I'm not even a huge Cars fan. I'm glad you got on without a long wait!!

Radiator Springs Racers looks like such a great ride! Such a great theme and so many details. Are there different cars you ride in each time - so you have Sally I think...is there a Lightning, etc.?

And I love that the cars are interactive versus the plain statues that used to be at Hollywood Studios.

I seriously love all of your pictures!! The parade pics are wonderful and I wish I was getting a chance to see it again! Love the castle night shots and LOVE the shots with the trolley! So cool. :D

Thank you!! The parade is so amazing, I would love to see it again too!!

Paint the Night looks INCREDIBLE!!! I hope it sticks around after September when the 60th stuff is done because I would just love to see it in person but we definitely won't be able to get there this year.

I love RSR! So much better than Test Track in my opinion, and I'm not even a huge Cars fan. I'm glad you got on without a long wait!!

Omgosh it's AMAZING! I definitely think it will be sticking around for a while, so I do hope you get to see it in the future!

Totally agree- way better than TT!

Radiator Springs Racers looks like such a great ride! Such a great theme and so many details. Are there different cars you ride in each time - so you have Sally I think...is there a Lightning, etc.?

And I love that the cars are interactive versus the plain statues that used to be at Hollywood Studios.

It's an amazing ride, your boys would LOVE it! Yes, the cars are all different!

The interactive M&G is awesome. Cars Land as a whole is just perfect! :lovestruc

Day 4 - Paradise Pier

We then headed over to Paradise Pier!

We went right to Toy Story Midway Mania and were on the ride in about 15 minutes (Unheard of at WDW by this point in the morning!).

California Screamin was not running so we (well I) planned on coming back later to ride. With plenty of early morning time to spend, what did we decide to do? Well...we played boardwalk games and browsed the gift shops. And you know what? This turned out to be one of our favorite moments of the trip! Paradise Pier was basically deserted and it was so peaceful! We played the game where you throw the ball to move the horses because they had the cutest Mickey stuffie that I needed to have. So we won one of those :)

We then decided to do Mickey's Fun Wheel, the NON swinging side, which was a walk-on!

We enjoyed this. I definitely don't think I'd ever do the swinging side though!

We were a little hungry, so a churro break was necessary!

We spent a few minutes just sitting and enjoying our surroundings until we decided to head out of Paradise Pier. We did stop to meet Donald on our way out!

And then stopped for some quick PP pictures. I'm glad we stopped here when we did, because we never encountered any more PP photographers in front of the fun wheel during the rest of our time there!

Up next...More photo ops and a walk through Bugs Land!

Sounds like a fairly relaxing time at Paradise Pier - it is a pretty nice area! Bummer about California Screamin' being down. I hope you did get back later

Sounds like a fairly relaxing time at Paradise Pier - it is a pretty nice area! Bummer about California Screamin' being down. I hope you did get back later

It was very relaxing! We really fell in love with that area of the park!

I'll have to keep you in suspense about CS for a little while longer ;)

It sounds like a great morning at Paradise Pier! I love the vies of the park from Mickey's Fun Wheel!

And that is a really cute Mickey! Glad you won him!!

It sounds like a great morning at Paradise Pier! I love the vies of the park from Mickey's Fun Wheel!

And that is a really cute Mickey! Glad you won him!!

It was so great! The vies from the Fun Wheel are incredible! I know a lot of people are scared of it, but we found it to be really nice!

I couldn't leave without that Mickey! I'm pretty sure if they were selling him in stores I would have bought him anyway!

OHMYGOODNESS THAT DONALD IS ADORABLE!!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I love Paradise Pier so much! It's probably one of my favorite areas in all of the parks. I wish I had stopped to play some games there like you did.

Also - good choice on not choosing the swinging side! You know all I did was cry when we went, lol!!

Hi there - just caught up on your report!! It looks like you guys had so much fun - can't wait to see if you got on California Screamin' ;)

We're heading there in just over a month, and I'm so excited reading everyone's Trip Reports!

We enjoyed this. I definitely don't think I'd ever do the swinging side though!
Very smart move on your part! I really have no idea why I keep riding the swinging one. It is the scariest Disney ride there is, and not scary in a fun way!

We were a little hungry, so a churro break was necessary!
Yummm, a churro from Disney sounds delicious right now, it looks like you made several smart decisions on this day :thumbsup2

It sounds like you guys had a great morning in DCA! I love your photopass pics by the red cable car!

OHMYGOODNESS THAT DONALD IS ADORABLE!!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I love Paradise Pier so much! It's probably one of my favorite areas in all of the parks. I wish I had stopped to play some games there like you did.

Also - good choice on not choosing the swinging side! You know all I did was cry when we went, lol!!

Isn't he?! Loved his outfit!

I really didn't expect to love that area as much as I did! Certainly more than a typical beach boardwalk. The games were really cute!

Haha from hearing others' experiences, I definitely knew the swinging side wouldn't be for us!

Hi there - just caught up on your report!! It looks like you guys had so much fun - can't wait to see if you got on California Screamin' ;)

We're heading there in just over a month, and I'm so excited reading everyone's Trip Reports!

Thanks so much for joining in! We had such a blast, definitely a trip of a lifetime :)

I'm excited for your upcoming trip, it will be so fun!

Very smart move on your part! I really have no idea why I keep riding the swinging one. It is the scariest Disney ride there is, and not scary in a fun way!

Yummm, a churro from Disney sounds delicious right now, it looks like you made several smart decisions on this day :thumbsup2

It sounds like you guys had a great morning in DCA! I love your photopass pics by the red cable car!

I'm really glad we didn't do the swinging side! It looks terrifying!

Can't go wrong with a churro, right? ;)

Thanks! We really were having a nice morning!

Day 4 - Photo Ops and Bugs Land!

We spotted another one of the special photo ops, so of course stopped there as well!

We made a brief stop at Pacific Wharf for some more photos.

We then went to grab a FP for Tower of Terror, walking through Bugs Land to get there! There was another special photo op that we of course had to stop for.

While we never rode any of the rides here, we always enjoyed walking through because of how well themed it was! But would you expect anything less at a Disney park? ;)

Up next...Hollywood Land!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter