Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

I absolutely love the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. We did that at least five times on our trip in 2008.

I love all of the Halloween decorations, so cute!

Bonus finding Woody without a line.

I'm just loving all of the special photo ops! So much better than the WDW ones.

I love all of the Halloween decorations, so cute!

Bonus finding Woody without a line.

I'm just loving all of the special photo ops! So much better than the WDW ones.

They were so nice!

As much as I didn't always love the "random" aspect of character meets at DL, it was nice when you stumbled upon someone unexpectedly!

More of those photo ops to come :)

Ahhhh!!! Our trip is getting so close, and your report updates always add to my excitement!! (even though we won't get to see the Halloweentime decorations :sad::sad:)

I was sad that the ranch was gone when we recently went. I remember meeting Woody there a few years back and all the awesome Halloween decorations when we went. At least I get to relive through your experience! :)

Ahhhh!!! Our trip is getting so close, and your report updates always add to my excitement!! (even though we won't get to see the Halloweentime decorations :sad::sad:)

So excited for you! You may not be able to see the Halloween decoration but you'll get to see all the 60th decorations, which are fabulous!! :yay:

I was sad that the ranch was gone when we recently went. I remember meeting Woody there a few years back and all the awesome Halloween decorations when we went. At least I get to relive through your experience! :)

I'm glad we were able to see it before it shut down for good. Such a nice little area!

What a cute picture with Woody! And the BTMRR photo op! I feel like DL has both way more characters available and more cute photo areas.

Sounds like a fun ride on BTMRR. I'm excited to try the WDW version after the refurb in the fall!

What a cute picture with Woody! And the BTMRR photo op! I feel like DL has both way more characters available and more cute photo areas.

Sounds like a fun ride on BTMRR. I'm excited to try the WDW version after the refurb in the fall!

Thanks! DL definitely does have a good amount of characters! The photo ops are special for the 60th but they should definitely keep them around because they're so cute!

It was a great ride, I really wish we had a chance to ride it again but we didn't :(

Day 3 - Character Meets & Canal Boats!

At this point I had to run back to the room :( I carry a portable charger for my phone, which for some reason was not working. I started to panic because a) my phone was dying and we were only half way through the day and b) I wasn't sure if it was the charger that wasn't working or if something was wrong with my phone. I wanted to go back to the room and see what was going on. Even though it's a fairly short walk, I didn't want my mom to have to make the trek. So she stayed in the park around Town Square to explore/take some pics while I went back. Luckily it wasn't anything serious and it was just the charging cord that ended up being busted. I carry an extra cord so I just grabbed that and headed back to the park. I don't think I was going for longer than half hour.

Mom kept herself busy on Main Street taking some pics and also got to see Mickey & Minnie out dancing!

As I was walking back my mom texted me to tell me she was waiting in line to meet Minnie in her Halloween costume. I told her I'd try to hustle but if I didn't make it just take a picture without me! I didn't make it back in time but after mom took her picture she was sweet enough to go BACK in line and hold a spot for me until I got there :)

We were then walking down Main Street and when we reached the Plaza Inn I looked over and saw Mary & Bert meeting in a pretty obscure spot! They had a minimal line so we went over to see them! Another family came behind us, and Bert ended up walking over to tell them they'd be the last family. However, after a few minutes a man and who I assumed to be his sister walked on line. This man (who also had down syndrome) was dressed EXACTLY like Bert. It was amazing! Bert came back over and whispered to us and the other family "I can't possibly say no to this" and then told those 2 that they would be the last family. Moments like this are what really make Disney SO special.

When we got up to meet them, they actually remembered us from earlier! We told them we are big fans and that also Mom needed to get a photo for herself! Bert ended up walking away for a second so I was able to get a picture with Mary solo as well!

We ended up sticking around just to see the interaction between Bert and his look-alike. It was really awesome to watch and the man was having an amazing time. He took pictures with just Mary, then just Bert, and then with both of them together.

After that touching moment, we headed over to Fantasyland to do some rides we hadn't done yet. First up was the Canal Boats, which had maybe a 10 minute wait.

Up next...Some more rides!

Nice selfie with Woody! I like how he had to crouch down so far!

gotta love that aspect of being able to get to your room and back in less than 1/2 hour!

That so cute that Mickey and Minnie were dancing!

Great to meet Bert and Mary! And wonderful story about them meeting that other family.

wow, 10 mins isn't bad at all for the Canal boats!

I had something similar happen with my phone charger last November. I never did get the thing to work so I bought a new one for January.

I'm getting really excited to go to Disneyland thanks to all your character photos. Of course my family are not into character greets so I may have to split off from them for a bit!

The canal boats look interesting.

Glad your phone issue worked out! And that's great that it was so easy to pop back over to your hotel.

It seems like your mom had fun while she waited! And lucky that she caught that cute Mickey and Minnie show.

Love the story about the family meeting Mary and Bert! Disney magic!

Nice selfie with Woody! I like how he had to crouch down so far!

gotta love that aspect of being able to get to your room and back in less than 1/2 hour!

That so cute that Mickey and Minnie were dancing!

Great to meet Bert and Mary! And wonderful story about them meeting that other family.

wow, 10 mins isn't bad at all for the Canal boats!

Thanks! Haha he's pretty tall for a toy!

YES! I'm not sure what I would have done had that happened at WDW!

It seemed really cute- I'm glad Mom was able to see it!

It was a great meet and a great moment to witness!

I think we got really lucky with our Canal Boat wait..must have hit it at the exact right time.

I had something similar happen with my phone charger last November. I never did get the thing to work so I bought a new one for January.

I'm getting really excited to go to Disneyland thanks to all your character photos. Of course my family are not into character greets so I may have to split off from them for a bit!

The canal boats look interesting.

It's stressful! I am very dependent on my phone so having it die would not have been good!

There are lots of great character meets, you will definitely want to plan some time to do some of them!

It was a cute ride. Not necessarily a must-do, but definitely worth experiencing once since it's unique to DL.

Glad your phone issue worked out! And that's great that it was so easy to pop back over to your hotel.

It seems like your mom had fun while she waited! And lucky that she caught that cute Mickey and Minnie show.

Love the story about the family meeting Mary and Bert! Disney magic!

Thank you! It made me a little stressed, but it worked out. The proximity of the hotel really came in handy at that moment!

She did have fun! But she felt guilty that I wasn't there, which I told her not to at all!

It really was Disney magic, it made me happy to see :)

Catching up!

Ohmygoodness! Minnie is just the cutest in her Halloween witch costume!! So wonderful of you mom to get back in line for you. J

So jealous of the Mary and Bert M&G! We saw them with a really long line near Matterhorn and figured we would pass since we had met both back in 2008. What a great moment for that guy. Things like that are why Disney is just the best.

We also didn’t get a chance to do Storybook Canal this time but from what I remember, I felt way too squished when I went on it with the regular line back in ’08. BUT that time we also got to ride it just the two of us, a wonderful CM named Katie, and the driver as our engagement cruise! Katie kept yelling to everyone we passed that we were engaged. It was pretty embarrassing and amazing. I don’t think anything could top that experience on this ride.

Definitely love the Small World version in Disneyland so much more than WDW. I love the outdoor clock and everything. It’s just magical and finding all the Disney characters is way too much fun.

I love all of your pics! Can’t wait to see more.

I love the DL version of Small World! The Disney characters are such a fun little addition to the whole thing.

Those Mickey bars look perfect and you're right, totally necessary!

IASW is one of the rides I'm looking forward to trying in Disneyland. It's one of my favorites at WDW and I can't wait to see the Disneyland version with the Disney characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter