Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

Catching up!

Ohmygoodness! Minnie is just the cutest in her Halloween witch costume!! So wonderful of you mom to get back in line for you. J

So jealous of the Mary and Bert M&G! We saw them with a really long line near Matterhorn and figured we would pass since we had met both back in 2008. What a great moment for that guy. Things like that are why Disney is just the best.

We also didn’t get a chance to do Storybook Canal this time but from what I remember, I felt way too squished when I went on it with the regular line back in ’08. BUT that time we also got to ride it just the two of us, a wonderful CM named Katie, and the driver as our engagement cruise! Katie kept yelling to everyone we passed that we were engaged. It was pretty embarrassing and amazing. I don’t think anything could top that experience on this ride.

Definitely love the Small World version in Disneyland so much more than WDW. I love the outdoor clock and everything. It’s just magical and finding all the Disney characters is way too much fun.

I love all of your pics! Can’t wait to see more.

It was really sweet of her. Minnie's costume was adorable!

I love Mary & Bert so I was glad we got to meet them. And seeing that moment was really special too!

That sounds like an awesome Canal Boats experience. I am sure nothing will top that!

I agree, the DL version of IASW is just so special!!

Thank you :)

I love the DL version of Small World! The Disney characters are such a fun little addition to the whole thing.

Those Mickey bars look perfect and you're right, totally necessary!

The DL version is just so cute!!

Thank you! :) Can't go to Disney without getting one!

IASW is one of the rides I'm looking forward to trying in Disneyland. It's one of my favorites at WDW and I can't wait to see the Disneyland version with the Disney characters.

You are really going to love it! All the little differences make it really special!

Day 3 - A Disneyland Characterpalooza!

After Haunted Mansion, we were going back to Fantasyland and decided to head there via Frontierland. This turned out to be the best decision ever when we stumbled upon a CHARACTERPALOOZA! We first saw Pluto meeting to our left, which I actually said out loud "hmm I wonder what he's doing meeting here". We then looked to our right and saw the penguins from Mary Poppins! As we looked further down, there were a whole bunch of characters out!

So first mom got a photo with the penguins! I don't know why I didn't? I think I was too excited and wanted to see who else we could get :rotfl:

And then we saw the COUNTRY BEARS! I was freaking out as I always wanted to meet them, and here they were all together!

We then saw the Genie!

And we saw this character, who we had no idea who he was but no one was meeting him so we stopped for a pic! We asked one of the attendants, who told us he's a character from Disney's Saturday Afternoon Lineup from back in the 90s, but I can't find who he is!

We thought that was the end of it, but we walked further into the area and there was MORE!

We saw Smee- another new character for us!

The Splash characters were also out, but at this time they were sending all the characters back. So we took pics of them as they walked by and waved to us.

This was one of the coolest things ever and I can't believe we were lucky enough to stumble upon it! Definitely a moment we keep talking about months after the trip has finished!

Up next...Mickey & the Magical Map!

How exciting!!! Around what time do you remember this happened, so hopefully we can run into Characterpalooza ourselves??? Love your TR!

Wow! What a lucky find with all of those characters! That's great that you saw all of the Country Bears together!

Day 3 - A Disneyland Characterpalooza!

And we saw this character, who we had no idea who he was but no one was meeting him so we stopped for a pic! We asked one of the attendants, who told us he's a character from Disney's Saturday Afternoon Lineup from back in the 90s, but I can't find who he is!

That is a character from Disney's TALESPIN. His name is Don Karnage. for details on this character check out TALESPIN on IMDB.

Great luck seeing all the characters, how awesome for you two. We were lucky to see a couple character palooza's at WDW, that was fun!

How exciting!!! Around what time do you remember this happened, so hopefully we can run into Characterpalooza ourselves??? Love your TR!

This happened around 5pm. Though I'm not sure if something like this would be happening in that area since I believe it's closed now for construction? Hopefully you do stumble upon something similar though! I'm glad you're enjoying the TR :)

Wow! What a lucky find with all of those characters! That's great that you saw all of the Country Bears together!

It was very lucky! The Country Bears was the biggest treat! :)

That is a character from Disney's TALESPIN. His name is Don Karnage. for details on this character check out TALESPIN on IMDB.

Wow, thank you so much!! :thumbsup2

Great luck seeing all the characters, how awesome for you two. We were lucky to see a couple character palooza's at WDW, that was fun!

We were very lucky! Characterpaloozas are so fun to stumble upon!! I love the ones at WDW too!

So many awesome characters!

And then we saw the COUNTRY BEARS!

I actually yelled out loud when I saw that picture. Thank goodness no one was walking by my office at that moment. :rotfl2: A little secret, I got to meet all four of those guys at MVMCP last November. I just haven't gotten that far in my TR yet.

And we saw this character, who we had no idea who he was

I did know who this was but see that someone else beat me to it!

We too really enjoyed spotting the characters on It's a Small World - made me like the ride there quite a bit more than the WDW version

Wow, that characterpalooza is awesome!

O.M.G. - you got to meet Don Karnage?!?!?!? Tailspin was always one of my favorites and Don Karnage had one of my favorite lines ever. He tells is crew to "Fire at will!!!!" ... and then you see the other member of the crew running by getting shot at. Then Don responds "Do not fire at Will, Will is my second mate ... FIRE AT THE SEADUCK!!!" ah, memories

Guess that helped make up for some of the issues with other character meets

That is some great luck stumbling upon all of those rare characters!! That fox looking guy seems familiar, but I can't place him either. Very cool that the Country Bears were all out together as well as the B'rers!

So many awesome characters!
I actually yelled out loud when I saw that picture. Thank goodness no one was walking by my office at that moment. :rotfl2: A little secret, I got to meet all four of those guys at MVMCP last November. I just haven't gotten that far in my TR yet.

I did know who this was but see that someone else beat me to it!

It was really awesome! I knew you would enjoy the Country Bears picture :) I'm so glad to hear of your meet in November, can't wait to see that picture!

We too really enjoyed spotting the characters on It's a Small World - made me like the ride there quite a bit more than the WDW version

Wow, that characterpalooza is awesome!

O.M.G. - you got to meet Don Karnage?!?!?!? Tailspin was always one of my favorites and Don Karnage had one of my favorite lines ever. He tells is crew to "Fire at will!!!!" ... and then you see the other member of the crew running by getting shot at. Then Don responds "Do not fire at Will, Will is my second mate ... FIRE AT THE SEADUCK!!!" ah, memories

Guess that helped make up for some of the issues with other character meets

I agree that those additions alone made the DL version the winner of that battle!

The characterpalooza was awesome- had no idea they did anything like that!

I feel so ashamed not knowing who he was! But I'm glad you do! Haha that sounds like a funny tv moment!!

That is some great luck stumbling upon all of those rare characters!! That fox looking guy seems familiar, but I can't place him either. Very cool that the Country Bears were all out together as well as the B'rers!

It was so awesome, definitely a pixie dust moment! I've been told the character is Don Karnage from Tailspin!

Day 3 - Mickey & the Magical Map

We then continued our walk to Fanatsyland to see the 5:15 showing of Mickey & the Magical Map.

We really enjoyed this show! It's not too long and it has a nice array of characters! I really love how much Tiana is represented in this park :)

Up next..We criss cross all over the park!

Don Karnage from TailSpin!! I would have died!!
AND the Country Bears???

My family would have had to scrape me up off the pavement after that characterpalooza!! That's amazing!!

I'm really looking forward to the canal boats and IASW . We plan to pretend we're going to Tomorrowland like Frank Walker:-)

I got behind, so this isn't a very good reply, but I'm still loving all of your photos!!

SO jealous of your Characterpalooza!! Don Karnage and the penguins?!?! Whaaaaat??? So sad I didn’t run into this on our trip, but that is so cool for you!

We missed our opportunity to see Mickey's Magical Map, too. It was only showing on Sunday and Monday on our trip. Gives me a reason to try and go back! ;)

I LOVED Mickey & the Magical Map!! I love how they incorporated so many characters in that show. Loved the music, loved the costumes. It was really fantastically done! One of my favorite things from our DL trip, for sure.

Don Karnage from TailSpin!! I would have died!!
AND the Country Bears???

My family would have had to scrape me up off the pavement after that characterpalooza!! That's amazing!!

I'm really looking forward to the canal boats and IASW . We plan to pretend we're going to Tomorrowland like Frank Walker:-)

I got behind, so this isn't a very good reply, but I'm still loving all of your photos!!

I feel terrible for not knowing who Don Karnage was! But I'm glad other people have let me know :) It was an amazing characterpalooza experience!

You will really enjoy the canal boats and IASW for how unique they are to Disneyland!

SO jealous of your Characterpalooza!! Don Karnage and the penguins?!?! Whaaaaat??? So sad I didn’t run into this on our trip, but that is so cool for you!

We missed our opportunity to see Mickey's Magical Map, too. It was only showing on Sunday and Monday on our trip. Gives me a reason to try and go back! ;)

It was SO cool, and such a great surprise!

I'm sorry you missed Magical Map :( It's a cute show! Next trip, right? ;) :)

Mickey and the Magical Map is one of the shows I'm most looking forward too!

Definitely put it in your plans to see it. I think you would really enjoy it!

I LOVED Mickey & the Magical Map!! I love how they incorporated so many characters in that show. Loved the music, loved the costumes. It was really fantastically done! One of my favorite things from our DL trip, for sure.

It's such a great show and I just love the assortment of characters! I'm so glad we made sure to see it!

I am also very jealous of your characterpalooza experience. It sounds like you had so many fun character meets on your trip!

Day 3 - All over Disneyland!

We weren't sure where to head next, but we decided on the Finding Nemo Subs which was only a 20 minute posted wait.

We both were glad we did this, but it definitely wouldn't be a must-do in the future. Nice to experience it though!

After that we took some castle pictures!

It was such a gorgeous time of day!

I'm guessing we walked towards Frontierland at this point because I have some pics of this cool Halloween tree!

We were starving, so it was definitely time to grab some dinner! We ended up deciding on Harbour Gallery. It took us a few minutes to actually find this place! It's so hidden and not very big at all! We were lucky enough to get a table and each had a lobster roll. These were really tasty!

Getting through New Orleans Square after our meal was a nightmare though. There was just wall to wall people going in both directions and we were basically at a stand still in a sea of people. We slowly inched our way through and luckily once we got completely past the Rivers of America, there was more breathing room.

We cut through Adventureland, looking in the big gift shop while we were there. We had a FP for Indiana Jones, but my tummy wasn't handling the dinner very well so we ended up having to miss out on it. I felt bad but at least we had ridden it the day before!

We then headed to Fantasyland, passing the Tea Cups which looked SO gorgeous at night! Mom got these great shots.

We decided to do Snow White's Scary Adventures. It was a posted 30 minute wait but don't think it took even close to that.

The whole time we were in line, no one had gotten on in back of us which I thought was strange. Turns out we were the last people allowed in line before they shut it down for the fireworks! I kinda had forgotten that all of FL closes for this.

We stopped and admired the carousel, and spotted the Julie Andrews/Mary Poppins horse!

With a whole section of the park closed, we weren't really sure what to do! We headed towards Tomorrowland and kind of just wandered a little. The waits for Buzz & Star Tours were more than we were willing to wait. We spent some time goofing around in the Buzz gift shop and then continued walking aimlessly. Then all of a sudden I saw a familiar character meeting in a really desserted area...Goofy!

We were so happy that we got to meet him in his 60th outfit!

Up next...Disneyland Forever

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter