Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

Wow! I really fell behind on your TR. :( My notifications have been out of whack, but now I'm all caught up.

And fine! You convinced me. I just finished booking the WOC package at Wine Country. I have been going back and forth about even booking one... I had one booked then cancelled and now I'm booked again!

Really great photos! And I'm totally loving all of your selfies with the characters. I always feel awkward asking... but do you just go for it and say "Let's take a selfie!"? I love your Matterhorn 60th shots too! So cool - definitely will have to find that when we are there in just NINE DAYS!! You are getting me so pumped up!

I love all the characters you were able to meet at your breakfast. I like how you were able to get in and skip along with MP. I have never been on SM at DL and once every 10 years at DW is enough for me. LOL.

I have been totally neglecting the DIS lately, but I'm trying to get caught up on all my TRs!

The Soundsational parade is no Festival of Fantasy, but it's definitely a fun parade with so many different characters! I love that Tiana has her own float. Bummer about the Lion King being portion missing.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! Both dishes look really delicious. And what a cute dessert! We always opted to just hustle over to the FP distribution for WoC, but I bet after a busy day it was nice to settle down to dinner and know you'd also have a good viewing spot for the show.

Oh World of Color, how I miss it!!! Still so bummed we missed it in March, but it looks fantastic as ever in your pictures. So glad you enjoyed it!! It's truly the best nighttime show the American Disney parks puts on, in my opinion. I love the combo of projections and water elements.

WOW that character breakfast looks insane!! How did you have time to eat with all of those characters coming around?! Now I'm a little bummed that we didn't book that one on our trip instead of Goofy's Kitchen. lol I love that it's a random assortment of characters instead of the themed character meals you get at WDW!

Space Mountain in DL is just truly amazing, especially compared to the herky jerky WDW version. Another thing I was bummed to miss out on in March! Man, it's looking more and more like I need to start planning another trip out there the more I read your TR!!

We met back up and took some PP pictures!

I think you get better use out of your Memory Maker package than any other person on the DIS! I love that you get so many great pictures!

And is that a Sparkle skirt?

Cute pictures with Bert and Mary! It must have been strange to walk and snap the picture!

Glad you really enjoyed Ghost Galaxy! I've read so many good things about it on other TRs!

Love your matching shirts!

Such a weird way to take pictures with Mary and Bert. :confused3

I love the Matterhorn PP pictures, so cute!

Thank you!

It was pretty bizarre, and there were so many people around!

Thanks, they had some really fun backdrops for the 60th.

Wow! I really fell behind on your TR. :( My notifications have been out of whack, but now I'm all caught up.

And fine! You convinced me. I just finished booking the WOC package at Wine Country. I have been going back and forth about even booking one... I had one booked then cancelled and now I'm booked again!

Really great photos! And I'm totally loving all of your selfies with the characters. I always feel awkward asking... but do you just go for it and say "Let's take a selfie!"? I love your Matterhorn 60th shots too! So cool - definitely will have to find that when we are there in just NINE DAYS!! You are getting me so pumped up!

Thanks for catching up :) Yay I'm glad you're trying the WOC package- I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Thanks! The characters are really good about taking selfies, I just ask and they are all for it...i think it's just become a normal thing for them!

There were a bunch of special backdrops for the 60th, I hope you are able to find them! I can't believe your trip is almost here, how exciting :) :)

I love all the characters you were able to meet at your breakfast. I like how you were able to get in and skip along with MP. I have never been on SM at DL and once every 10 years at DW is enough for me. LOL.

The character breakfast was definitely a highlight!

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of SM at WDW but I LOVE the one at DL! It's so much smoother and cooler in my opinion!

I have been totally neglecting the DIS lately, but I'm trying to get caught up on all my TRs!

The Soundsational parade is no Festival of Fantasy, but it's definitely a fun parade with so many different characters! I love that Tiana has her own float. Bummer about the Lion King being portion missing.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! Both dishes look really delicious. And what a cute dessert! We always opted to just hustle over to the FP distribution for WoC, but I bet after a busy day it was nice to settle down to dinner and know you'd also have a good viewing spot for the show.

Oh World of Color, how I miss it!!! Still so bummed we missed it in March, but it looks fantastic as ever in your pictures. So glad you enjoyed it!! It's truly the best nighttime show the American Disney parks puts on, in my opinion. I love the combo of projections and water elements.

WOW that character breakfast looks insane!! How did you have time to eat with all of those characters coming around?! Now I'm a little bummed that we didn't book that one on our trip instead of Goofy's Kitchen. lol I love that it's a random assortment of characters instead of the themed character meals you get at WDW!

Space Mountain in DL is just truly amazing, especially compared to the herky jerky WDW version. Another thing I was bummed to miss out on in March! Man, it's looking more and more like I need to start planning another trip out there the more I read your TR!!

Glad you were able to catch up! :)

Soundsational is so fun- and the song gets stuck in my head every once in a while!

One of the big reasons I chose to do a WOC package was definitely because I wanted us to do a sit down meal to have time to relax. So to me, it was an obvious decision to do the meal along with the package so we didn't have to worry about grabbing a FP!

The show was SO wonderful and I loved it more than I ever thought I would! So beautiful!

Breakfast was for sure insane with all those characters! At first we were totally bombarded by them, but luckily it slowed down for a period so we had time to get and enjoy our food. The next time you get to DL you definitely should book this one- the assortment of characters is awesome!

I totally agree, the 2 are SO different from each other. While I'm not crazy about the one in WDW, the one at DL is for sure one of my favorite rides!

Here's to hoping you get back to DL very soon!! ;)

I think you get better use out of your Memory Maker package than any other person on the DIS! I love that you get so many great pictures!

And is that a Sparkle skirt?

Cute pictures with Bert and Mary! It must have been strange to walk and snap the picture!

Glad you really enjoyed Ghost Galaxy! I've read so many good things about it on other TRs!

:rotfl: You are not the first person to tell me that! We really do take A LOT of photos, and basically stop at every photographer we see ;)

Are you talking about our matching ones? Those we bought in the park! They commemorated the 60th anniversary.

The Mary & Bert meet was definitely strange!

Thanks, it was SO cool! There version of Space Mountain is just so much better than WDW's!

Day 3 - Critter Country

After Space Mountain we decided to head to a part of the park we had yet to see- Critter Country! We grabbed a FP for Splash Mountain and then went on Winnie the Pooh, which was a walk-on! I really like the WDW version but I think I liked this one even more!

We explored the gift shop for a little and also bought ourselves a little treat :) We also saw some characters out but decided not to stop to meet them.

We then stopped for another one of the special photo ops!

We walked around New Orleans Square a little before stopping at a bench to enjoy our treat...a Tigger Tail! This was on my bucket list to try and it was everything I hoped it would be!

We grabbed FPs for Haunted Mansion before heading over to use our FP for Splash Mountain.

We had a great ride and didn't really get too wet!

Up next...Haunted Mansion!

I love the PP photos of you two in your matching shirts!

I actually really liked Materhorn but I think I may have went in expecting it to be so bad as far as being jerky/rough so perhaps I just had the bar set low

and I too loved Ghost Galaxy - the music was really cool! I so want to ride the new Hyperspace Mountain version. Glad you mom liked it too!

Love the decorations in the Pooh shop!! "Cheers for Pooh!" I'll have to try the Tigger tail again. I remember having one back in '08 but I don't think I liked it because there was lemon in it??? My tastes have grown and I'm more accepting of lemons now... :laughing:

I just love your pictures! Seriously, you have talent in making me feel like I'm there and really capturing the details that you loved. Can't wait to see more! :hyper:

The Pooh area looks so cute! And OMG, Rabbit and Eeyore out meeting! So what exactly is a Tigger tail? It looks like marshmallow from your picture.

Those HM PP pictures are hysterical.

The seating for Splash Mountain looks a little awkward. Is there anything dividing you from the people in front and back?

I can remember our first trip to DL that I was looking all over Fantasyland for Winnie the Pooh and wondering why I couldn't find it! lol I do like the themeing of Critter Country. So cute! And I'm so surprised to see Rabbit out meeting! I thought he was a pretty rare character, but maybe that is just for WDW.

What exactly is a Tigger Tail? I see them mentioned quite a bit on the DL boards.

Winnie the Pooh does look quite cute! And I love that Rabbit and Eeyore were out meeting.

Is a Tigger tail some kind of marshmallow treat? Whatever it is, it's cute and looks yummy!

I love the PP photos of you two in your matching shirts!

I actually really liked Materhorn but I think I may have went in expecting it to be so bad as far as being jerky/rough so perhaps I just had the bar set low

and I too loved Ghost Galaxy - the music was really cool! I so want to ride the new Hyperspace Mountain version. Glad you mom liked it too!

Thanks! :)

I definitely need to ride it again to give it a fairer assessment. I knew it would be jerky but I guess I didn't expect it to be that rough!

The music is really what I loved about Ghost Galaxy! Not a Star Wars fan, but would love to try Hyperspace Mountain as well!

Love the decorations in the Pooh shop!! "Cheers for Pooh!" I'll have to try the Tigger tail again. I remember having one back in '08 but I don't think I liked it because there was lemon in it??? My tastes have grown and I'm more accepting of lemons now... :laughing:

I just love your pictures! Seriously, you have talent in making me feel like I'm there and really capturing the details that you loved. Can't wait to see more! :hyper:

It was such a cute shop!

Aww thank you, that really is such an awesome compliment and I'm flattered! :blush:

The Pooh area looks so cute! And OMG, Rabbit and Eeyore out meeting! So what exactly is a Tigger tail? It looks like marshmallow from your picture.

Those HM PP pictures are hysterical.

The seating for Splash Mountain looks a little awkward. Is there anything dividing you from the people in front and back?

The Pooh area is adorable. It was so crazy to see Rabbit out meeting! Yes, a tigger tail is marshallow covered in caramel, white chocolate and sprinkles. So if you like these things, I recommend it!

Haha it was a really cool photo op!

The Splash seating is definitely different from the WDW version, but yes each seat as a back for you to lean on, so you are separated from the people around you.

Love that HM photo spot! Also love New Orleans square - just had a nice vibe and unique to Disneyland

We really loved NOS as well, very different and nice to just walk around in!

I can remember our first trip to DL that I was looking all over Fantasyland for Winnie the Pooh and wondering why I couldn't find it! lol I do like the themeing of Critter Country. So cute! And I'm so surprised to see Rabbit out meeting! I thought he was a pretty rare character, but maybe that is just for WDW.

What exactly is a Tigger Tail? I see them mentioned quite a bit on the DL boards.

It is different having Pooh in a different part of the park! But I agree, the themeing of Critter Country is very cute! It was a surprise to see Rabbit out meeting! If the line wasn't long and we didn't have other things to do, I would have loved to stop.

A tigger tail is a marshmallow wand covered in caramel, white chocolate, and sprinkles. So yum!

Winnie the Pooh does look quite cute! And I love that Rabbit and Eeyore were out meeting.

Is a Tigger tail some kind of marshmallow treat? Whatever it is, it's cute and looks yummy!

That area of the park was just so adorable!

Yes a marshmallow treat! With caramel, white chocolate and sprinkles..very yummy! :)

Day 3 - Haunted Mansion Holiday Overlay

We had some time before our Haunted Mansion FP so we were going to try and ride the Railroad rountrip. Well we waited quite a long time and by the time one came, there wasn't even enough room for us to get on! Our FP was just about ready at this point so we decided to skip the railroad and just head to Haunted Mansion. Now I know I say I was excited for a lot of things, but this by far was the thing I was most excited for..HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY OVERLAY! Like I mentioned earlier, I love the Nightmare Before Christmas so a whole ride involving it is just about heaven to me! Lots of pictures coming your way!

This was AMAZING! I tried to stay away from spoilers about it beforehand so everything was brand new to me! I think my favorite part was the gingerbread smells- so strong and real!

Up next...Another new area of the park for us!

isn't the TNBC overlay amazing! Just so much better and "more" than what I was expecting.

You got some great picture!

How exciting to see the HM overlay, we love Jack Skellington so that would be really cool. I wish WDW would do something like that, because we will be there in October this year. We are looking at a trip to DL in 2017, I have been once but my DD has never been.

I'm not a NBC fan (never even seen it) but I still think it's so cool that they do the holiday overlays at Disneyland! Hopefully I'll get to visit one day during the holidays to see them! You got some nice pics in there!

Great pictures! I've never actually seen The Nightmare Before Christmas :duck: but it really does look like they did an amazing job with the theme. I love they holiday and special event overlays at Disneyland!

I've actually never seen NBC. I'm not sure why as I own it on DVD? I guess I've just never gotten around to watching it. The HM overlay looks very cool!

isn't the TNBC overlay amazing! Just so much better and "more" than what I was expecting.

You got some great picture!

So amazing! I was very impressed with it :thumbsup2

How exciting to see the HM overlay, we love Jack Skellington so that would be really cool. I wish WDW would do something like that, because we will be there in October this year. We are looking at a trip to DL in 2017, I have been once but my DD has never been.

This ride is so awesome for NBC fans! It would be cool for WDW to do something like that, but also understand why they don't. October is one of my fave times to go to WDW, you're going to have so much fun!

I'm not a NBC fan (never even seen it) but I still think it's so cool that they do the holiday overlays at Disneyland! Hopefully I'll get to visit one day during the holidays to see them! You got some nice pics in there!

I think I remember you saying you've never seen it! Even if you're not a fan, I think you would still appreciate the overlay. And if anything, DH would LOVE taking pics of it :)

Great pictures! I've never actually seen The Nightmare Before Christmas :duck: but it really does look like they did an amazing job with the theme. I love they holiday and special event overlays at Disneyland!

It's one of my favorites, but I can also understand why it might not be some people's cup of tea! The overlays at Disneyland are pretty awesome. I would love to see the It's A Small World overlay one day!

I've actually never seen NBC. I'm not sure why as I own it on DVD? I guess I've just never gotten around to watching it. The HM overlay looks very cool!

Since you have it on DVD, I say you have to watch it!! The overlay was awesome and very impressive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter