Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

Following along! We were just in Disneyland in December and it's nice to relive some of it through your photos, helps with those post vacation blues :)

Thanks for joining in! I find that writing and reading others TRs really helps the blues too! You should do a report as well :)

I can't believe you've never seen Roger Rabbit!! :eek: It's one of my favorite movies.

Ahh I feel like a failure haha I need to put it on my "to-watch" list!

Day 2 - Lunch and a Halloween surprise

So apparently before grabbing that Indiana Jones FP we took some PP photos by the castle! So here they are :)

It was around 1pm at this point and we were pretty hungry so we decided to stop at the Golden Horseshoe for lunch. I sent mom to find a table while I purchased some food. We ended up splitting the fish and chips which were SO good! We also had perfect timing and were able to catch the show!

I didn't remember a picture of our food (I can tell you we ate every single bite though) but here's a picture of our cute cup!

When we got out, we were kind of just
moseying around!

I noticed Jack Skellington was out meeting. I honestly didn't plan on meeting him while we were in DL
because I figured the line would be too long. But when I looked, the line really didn't seem so bad, so I asked mom if she would be cool with us waiting and she was! The line did move a little slow, but that's only because Jack took so much time interacting with everyone! I checked the app and I noticed Sally was scheduled to be coming out in the pretty near future. I wondered if we would actually be able to meet both of them?? Time kept ticking and the line kept creeping forward. Then, with about 2 groups left in front of us, Jack went to take his break but would be coming right back. OMG..would I really be getting to meet BOTH of them?! The answer is..

YES! This was some major pixie dust! We waited in line to meet Jack and were going to meet both Jack AND Sally! (And I didn't even have us planned to do this!! :goodvibes) The girl in front of us took a really long time with them (and this was on top of a not so nice moment I had with her which I'm not going to get into because it's trivial but it just rubbed me the wrong way) but eventually we were meeting the duo!

I told them how much I loved what they did to the mansion and Jack mentioned that this is their vacation home and Zero loves running around in it. I then had them sign my autograph frame which Jack enjoyed seeing who else I had met!

This was a really fun character interaction! All in all I think it only took about 30ish minutes, so definitely worth it!

Next up we used our FP for Indiana Jones..a ride we were both excited for!

Mom really enjoyed it! I did too, but not as much as her. People are right when they say that the ride technology itself is very much like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom (but the theme of IJ is WAY better!). I do think it was a little too rough for me, but like I said- I DID like it!

Up next...Another anticipated character meet!

Wow, love that you were able to meet Jack and Sally. We have never wanted to wait in the long lines at Disney World at the seasonal parties. It is on my to do list. I remember riding Indiana Jones when my son was small at DL, we really liked it.

24089193472_f607681bdf.jpg

I love this picture with the inset of the "old" castle!!

YES! This was some major pixie dust! We waited in line to meet Jack and were going to meet both Jack AND Sally! (And I didn't even have us planned to do this!! :goodvibes)

Yay! That is great luck!! Especially when he is such an elusive character at WDW!

This was a really fun character interaction! All in all I think it only took about 30ish minutes, so definitely worth it!

Again, great luck since you can wait in line for much longer at WDW!

I'm so jealous of your Jack and Sally M&G! My husband is obsessed with NBC. I wonder if they come out at all in February/March... I'm guessing probably not so I'll remain jealous for quite some time!

Love the pictures of Rivers of America. I'm sad that that's all going to be boarded up when we go. It's so pretty! I wonder what it's going to look like in the future...

Also, wondering about the fish and chips. I'm vegetarian but I do make an exception for the fish and chips in England in EPCOT. Are these on the same level as that fish?? If so, I may have to take some liberty and have them at Golden Horse Shoe! Unless... I wonder if that eatery is seasonal? I have so many questions. :goodvibes

Cute Castle PP pictures! I did love all the boarders they had for the 60th!

Wow, that's awesome that you got to meet Jack and Sally. We tried about three times and every time the line was closed or there was already a huge line forming for the next session that hadn't even started yet. Oh well - I'll just meet them vicariously though you ;)

I think I felt similar to you about Indiana Jones - I really loved the technology and the themeing, etc. but it was pretty jerky and at some points I wished we had longer in one spot to really take in all that was going on. But still a very cool ride!

Ahh I feel like a failure haha I need to put it on my "to-watch" list!

ABSOLUTELY!! It is the quintessential 80's movie. I saw it a million times as a kid, and now as an adult I can't believe my mom let me watch it. lol

This is a great picture of y'all and I LOVE that border!!

We also had perfect timing and were able to catch the show!

Oh my gosh, LOVE the shows!! They are so funny, and it looks like the same "daughter" we had for the dating show we caught on our trip. Hilarious! I love that they still do this there.

We waited in line to meet Jack and were going to meet both Jack AND Sally!

Nice pixie dust! pixiedust: And without having to wait several hours at a MNSSHP or MVMCP at that!

I'm so jealous of your Jack and Sally M&G! My husband is obsessed with NBC. I wonder if they come out at all in February/March... I'm guessing probably not so I'll remain jealous for quite some time!

Love the pictures of Rivers of America. I'm sad that that's all going to be boarded up when we go. It's so pretty! I wonder what it's going to look like in the future...

Also, wondering about the fish and chips. I'm vegetarian but I do make an exception for the fish and chips in England in EPCOT. Are these on the same level as that fish?? If so, I may have to take some liberty and have them at Golden Horse Shoe! Unless... I wonder if that eatery is seasonal? I have so many questions. :goodvibes

We tried the Fish and Chips and honestly thought they were pretty sad, fried frozen fish pieces. I bet Epcot does em' better! But if you want to check them out, the Golden Horseshoe is not seasonal, they're open year round.

Have fun planning!

Wow, love that you were able to meet Jack and Sally. We have never wanted to wait in the long lines at Disney World at the seasonal parties. It is on my to do list. I remember riding Indiana Jones when my son was small at DL, we really liked it.

I waited to meet them once at MNSSHP and it was definitely worth it! But so great to not have to do that at DL!

I love this picture with the inset of the "old" castle!!

Yay! That is great luck!! Especially when he is such an elusive character at WDW!

Again, great luck since you can wait in line for much longer at WDW!

Thank you! It was a great photopass bonus :)

It was so great to get to meet Jack & Sally with such a short wait!

I've never heard of them coming out in Feb/March but you never know! And hey maybe that just means you need to plan a fall trip in the future ;)

It really is a bummer that they are closing the Rivers of America (among other things) for such a long period of time :(

I've never had the fish and chips in Epcot (though I've heard how good they are!) so I honestly can't tell you. But I do know that the Golden Horseshoe isn't seasonal!

Cute Castle PP pictures! I did love all the boarders they had for the 60th!

Wow, that's awesome that you got to meet Jack and Sally. We tried about three times and every time the line was closed or there was already a huge line forming for the next session that hadn't even started yet. Oh well - I'll just meet them vicariously though you ;)

I think I felt similar to you about Indiana Jones - I really loved the technology and the themeing, etc. but it was pretty jerky and at some points I wished we had longer in one spot to really take in all that was going on. But still a very cool ride!

The PP borders were great!

Ah I'm sorry you didn't have luck with Jack & Sally :(

I'm glad we have similar thoughts on IJ. But I agree, still a really cool ride!

ABSOLUTELY!! It is the quintessential 80's movie. I saw it a million times as a kid, and now as an adult I can't believe my mom let me watch it. lol

This is a great picture of y'all and I LOVE that border!!

Oh my gosh, LOVE the shows!! They are so funny, and it looks like the same "daughter" we had for the dating show we caught on our trip. Hilarious! I love that they still do this there.

Nice pixie dust! pixiedust: And without having to wait several hours at a MNSSHP or MVMCP at that!

Thank you! PP had some really awesome 60th borders.

The show at the Golden Horseshoe was great and really felt like one of those "Disney" moments.

It was such great pixie dust, I was so happy getting to meet them! :)

Day 2 - Photopass Galore and Another Villain Meet!

After Indiana Jones, we headed back to the front of the park. I really wanted to meet Cruella today since she was on my shirt! One thing I really didn't like about Disneyland (versus WDW) is how secretive CMs are regarding the characters! I understand that it's a very loose structure, but when you're trying to character hunt it makes it very difficult! So we basically spent a lot of time just waiting for her to come so we could hop into her line.

While we waited though, we did get some (ok more than some ;)) pictures in front of the big Mickey pumpkin and in front of the railroad!

Probably my favorite magic shot of the trip!:

Finally Cruella did come out, and a CM who noticed we were waiting for her told us to follow him and we ended up being the first group to meet her! She was AWESOME! She loved that I was on her shirt and she was asking us if we had any puppies! She then told me I had to take my ears off because I looked like a rodent, and she made me wear the ears as a necklace. She also helped me fix my hair because it got a little messy haha she was a hoot!

It was about 3:30 when we finished meeting her. We looked around some of the shops on Main Street. Of course we saw some more cute displays!

And of course had to say Hello to Walt's apartment :)

Up next...It's a Music Celebration!

Clearly we are one in the same with our view on characters at DLR - made it really hard for character hunting!

We didn't meet Cruella but heard a lot of laughter from her line while we were waiting for Halloween Goofy.

Those are great magic shots from by the big pumpkin!

Wow!! I'm LOVING your character interactions and your magic shots. Those Halloween ones with Zero and the poison apple are super cool. :thumbsup2

Clearly we are one in the same with our view on characters at DLR - made it really hard for character hunting!

We didn't meet Cruella but heard a lot of laughter from her line while we were waiting for Halloween Goofy.

Those are great magic shots from by the big pumpkin!

We definitely are! WDW spoils us in that sense I guess haha

Cruella was a great character to meet. She's one of those characters that is definitely fun for both kids AND adults which is great!

Thank you, I loved them and don't think I've ever seen them at WDW!

Wow!! I'm LOVING your character interactions and your magic shots. Those Halloween ones with Zero and the poison apple are super cool. :thumbsup2

Thank you! The Halloween magic shots were so cool and definitely my favorites, very unique!

We definitely are! WDW spoils us in that sense I guess haha

Thank you, I loved them and don't think I've ever seen them at WDW!

While it can be frustrating to have to "over plan" everything at WDW at least you know if Character X is a priority for you, you can go to where they will be and wait (even if you have to wait through sessions) and be at the right spot, etc.

I definitely think there were a number of unique magic shots at Disneyland vs WDW!

Oh the random character pop ups would bug me! I like having a plan!

Cute shots in front of the pumpkin and train station!

What a great meet with Cruella! She sounds hilarious!

I love that huge Mickey pumpkin! I wish they had that in WDW. Great photo ops there.

Selfies with Cruella...cuuuuuuuuute!

Oh the random character pop ups would bug me! I like having a plan!

Cute shots in front of the pumpkin and train station!

What a great meet with Cruella! She sounds hilarious!

It's very tough when you're used to having everything planned out!

Thank you!

We had so much fun with Cruella! :)

I love that huge Mickey pumpkin! I wish they had that in WDW. Great photo ops there.

Selfies with Cruella...cuuuuuuuuute!

The Mickey pumpkin is so cute! I love how his expression is different on both sides.

Thank you, she was so fun to meet!

I finally found the time to come over and start reading this!! We've just started making our concrete June plans, and you know I've been excited about your TR :)

I am loving all the meet and greets and your photopass pictures!! Especially the Zero magic shot! (and the poisoned apple!)

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your adventures!

I finally found the time to come over and start reading this!! We've just started making our concrete June plans, and you know I've been excited about your TR :)

I am loving all the meet and greets and your photopass pictures!! Especially the Zero magic shot! (and the poisoned apple!)

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your adventures!

I'm glad you're here! And I'm so excited that you are going in June, you will have so much fun :)

Thank you!! :)

Day 2 - Soundsational Parade!

We then decided since it was close to 4pm and Town Square was full of empty spots, that we would just wait and watch the Soundsational Parade! So we plopped down and soon enough the parade was starting! It was nice watching from here because it was the very start of the parade route!

Continued on next page!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter