Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

It wasn't until later in the trip that we found out the Lion King section wasn't out this day! I'm not sure why, so that was strange! But despite that, we really enjoyed this parade. I loved that Mary Poppins got its own section :)

Up next...our first taste of California Adventure!

It looks like an awesome meet and greet with Cruella, I have seen her only once at the villains dance but not able to meet. You got some really good parade pictures.

Love all your parade photos! It really is a fun parade! I love that some characters that often don't get as much love get their own section/floats - like Tianna and Marry Poppins

Bummer about the Lion King Section not being out though ... looks a lot like a mobile version of the "floats" from the Festival of the Lion King show

following along! Headed to DL for my first time in May! (Just left WDW yesterday!) Loving your report and all of your fabulous photos!

It looks like an awesome meet and greet with Cruella, I have seen her only once at the villains dance but not able to meet. You got some really good parade pictures.

She was so fun! And thank you :)

Wowwww!! I love these dresses! Soundsational parade is definitely on our must list when we go next month! Your pictures are getting me super stoked!!

The costumes are really pretty in this parade! Yes definitely try and see it, it's so fun! How exciting that your trip is so close :)

Love all your parade photos! It really is a fun parade! I love that some characters that often don't get as much love get their own section/floats - like Tianna and Marry Poppins

Bummer about the Lion King Section not being out though ... looks a lot like a mobile version of the "floats" from the Festival of the Lion King show

Thank you! I agree, I love the different characters that are represented in this one!

So strange that the Lion King section wasn't out. My mom got to catch it later in the trip so at least I got to see her pictures.

following along! Headed to DL for my first time in May! (Just left WDW yesterday!) Loving your report and all of your fabulous photos!

Thanks for following, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :) You're going to have a blast in May!!

Day 2 - A Suitcase and a Dream!

After the parade it was time to hop to California Advenure!

There was a Red Car News Boys show starting at any minute, so we got a spot right as the trolly was coming down the street!

We both really loved this show..and the music will stay stuck in your head for days!

Up next...We head into California Adventure and have a lovely meal

we only saw bits of the show but it was pretty cool. And Newsie Mickey is pretty darn cute ... never saw Flapper Minnie though!

I always love pictures of the DL parades. They seem to have characters that just aren't featured in WDW parades! The Mary Poppins section is cute!

What a fun trolley show with Mickey and Minnie!

Newsies Mickey? Flapper Minnie??? OMG!!

Also, I am now super pumped for the Soundsational Parade. I love those floats!

we only saw bits of the show but it was pretty cool. And Newsie Mickey is pretty darn cute ... never saw Flapper Minnie though!

I loved their costumes, and it was a cute little show to watch!

Will definitely have to check out that Trolley show! It looks like fun. :thumbsup2

It was very cute, I hope you get to catch it!

I always love pictures of the DL parades. They seem to have characters that just aren't featured in WDW parades! The Mary Poppins section is cute!

What a fun trolley show with Mickey and Minnie!

The parade was nice especially for that reason! I loved seeing Mary Poppins and Tiana get their own sections!

Newsies Mickey? Flapper Minnie??? OMG!!

Also, I am now super pumped for the Soundsational Parade. I love those floats!

Aren't those costumes the cutest?? You can meet them too (you'll see that in a future update)!

SOundsational was awesome, definitely put it on your to-do list!

Day 2 - California Adventure Exploring & Wine Country Trattoria

After the Trolly show, we decided to try and meet Goofy who was meeting near Carthay Circle. He was going on a break but would be back shortly. The PP photographer actually stayed put so we assumed he would just be back in this spot. It was us and a mom with her 2 kids also waiting. We were all chatting together with the PP photographer and it was a really pleasant wait! Then the CM brought Goofy out..and took him to a different spot! The PP told us to follow her and she brought us to Goofy and informed everyone that we were already waiting and would be first. She was AWESOME!!

From there we headed deeper into the park, getting our first glimpse of CarsLand!

This PP photographer was also really awesome. He asked if it was just the 2 of us and when we said yes, he offered us 2 WOC FPs! Such a sweet offer but I had to decline since we were heading to...

our reservation at Wine Country Trattoria for the WOC package!

We checked in and only had to wait about 5 minutes before being seated. We asked for inside seating but they told us that wasn't available. We were a little nervous because the sun was HOT, but luckily we had some good shade and the sun would be setting soon!

We were given our menu and I decided on the herb-roasted chicken while Mom opted for the Seafood Pasta.

It was nice to sit down and just regroup ourselves. We sure had a busy day thus far! While we were sitting, the Pixar Parade even went by! It was hard to see, but we did get to catch some of the bigger floats :)

The meal flowed really nicely. The bread came out first,
followed by our salads, and then our meals.

Despite hearing mixed reviews about this place, we were both super impressed with our meals! Mom LOVED hers, she thought the seafood was tasty and the red sauce to die for. She mentioned several times during the trip how delicious she thought it was. It definitely was her favorite meal of the trip! Mine was also very tasty! The chicken was moist and the alfredo sauce delicious.

Then came the cutest dessert ever!

The Macaroons were definitely my favorite! Mom enjoyed the Panna Cotta, which I did not try. I also thought the tiramisu was really good. The Cream Puffs were definitely my least favorite.

This meal was without a doubt a hit for us! We had SUCH a lovely time and it was such a nice thing to incorporate into our first full day!

As the sun went down we obviously cooled off since we put our sweatshirts on :rotfl2:When we finished, we spent some time admiring the Paradise Pier view, as well as took some more CarsLand photos!

We still had some time before we wanted to get in line for WOC, so we decided on a trip under the sea, which is always a fun time!

Up next...World of Color!

That is great that the PP photographer brought you over to meet with Goofy. We've already shared with each other about this but the characters coming out to slightly different places and messing up the line is a real issue!

That was nice of the other PP photographer to offer the WOC FPs!

I definitely would have been worried about being seated outside, but looks like a nice spot. Really glad you enjoyed your meal there - I too had read mixed reviews which is one reason we went elsewhere for our WOC dining package. That dessert does look really cute! I love samplers like that :thumbsup2

That is great that the PP photographer brought you over to meet with Goofy. We've already shared with each other about this but the characters coming out to slightly different places and messing up the line is a real issue!

That was nice of the other PP photographer to offer the WOC FPs!

I definitely would have been worried about being seated outside, but looks like a nice spot. Really glad you enjoyed your meal there - I too had read mixed reviews which is one reason we went elsewhere for our WOC dining package. That dessert does look really cute! I love samplers like that :thumbsup2

I feel like the character struggle will be a common theme in both our TRs! Luckily in this case it all worked out!

It was a really nice gesture by that CM!

It was a great spot and the shade helped us cool off. I'm glad we ate there as it was a really great experience! Sampler desserts are totally the way to go- you get a little of everything!

That Goofy looks adorable! And your desserts look delicious! :D

Thank you! :) The desserts were definitely yummy!

I stumbled upon your trip report, and I've enjoyed reading!

I don't get out to DL as much as WDW, but it's wonderful and I enjoy reading others adventures there.

Looks like you all had a great start to your trip!

I stumbled upon your trip report, and I've enjoyed reading!

I don't get out to DL as much as WDW, but it's wonderful and I enjoy reading others adventures there.

Looks like you all had a great start to your trip!

Thanks so much for reading!

DL is such a wonderful place, I too wish I could get there more often!

Cars land looks really cool, it was way in the future when I was last at DL so It is fun to see your pictures. Dinner looked nice. I'm excited to her about the Colors show, do you get priority seating with a dinner package?
:,

Cars land looks really cool, it was way in the future when I was last at DL so It is fun to see your pictures. Dinner looked nice. I'm excited to her about the Colors show, do you get priority seating with a dinner package?
:,

Cars Land was so awesome!

Dinner was really great, and yes if you reserve a dining package (there's 3 restaurants you can do it with) you get a reserved section. I'll get to it in the next post but in my opinion was well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter