Come back later for dessert?

tink97

LOVE my Family & LOVE Disney
Weird Question Alert..............

When on the DDP, can you have dinner, settle the check, stroll around the parks for awhile then come back later for dessert?

I figure the answer is "no", but I though I'd ask as my family passed on dessert 5 out of 9 times last vacation because everyone was just too full. When we are paying "oop", we always have a few hours between dinner & dessert, so that is what we're used to.

Thanks!! :cool1:

As you guessed, you won't be able to stroll around the parks, then go back to the restaurant for dessert. All the entitlements (entree, dessert, bev) have to be used at the same time. If you're too full for dessert you can choose something that will travel well and take it with you to eat at a later time or the next day.

At some of the resort food courts where there is a ice cream dessert, you can have your receipt stamped and come back within a specified amount of time (usually something like 60 - 90 minutes) so that you don't have to deal with a melting ice cream while eating the entree.

:):)
At some of the resort food courts where there is a ice cream dessert, you can have your receipt stamped and come back within a specified amount of time (usually something like 60 - 90 minutes) so that you don't have to deal with a melting ice cream while eating the entree.

That's a good idea. Also, I agree with everything else you said.

Have a great time, OP!

:)

at the non-buffet table service restaurants, ask your waiter which desserts will "travel well", and take them to-go...at least that way you get a chance to enjoy it later.

Many of the Disney desserts are either refrigerated items (like cheesecake) or are served with ice cream. We found that most of the desserts served with ice cream are fine on their own...so the brownie-sundae-type dessert becomes a plain brownie as a to-go dessert. Or the apple-crisp sans ice cream is delicious later. We've done this many times...occasionally we still end up tossing the dessert later because we never did get hungry for it. But we've also had our to-go dessert as a treat while watching Fantasmic...or even had the apple-crisp dessert as breakfast the next morning.:woohoo:

. . . When on the DDP, can you have dinner, settle the check, stroll around the parks for awhile then come back later for dessert? . . .

No.
. . . it would be unfair to other patrons with later ADR's
. . . it would tax the restaurant with extra people when not expected
. . . it would be extra labor to seat, wait, bus, cash-out

Many of the Disney desserts are either refrigerated items (like cheesecake) or are served with ice cream. We found that most of the desserts served with ice cream are fine on their own...so the brownie-sundae-type dessert becomes a plain brownie as a to-go dessert. Or the apple-crisp sans ice cream is delicious later. We've done this many times...occasionally we still end up tossing the dessert later because we never did get hungry for it. But we've also had our to-go dessert as a treat while watching Fantasmic...or even had the apple-crisp dessert as breakfast the next morning.:woohoo:

We normally eat dessert with our meal, but there have been a few times that I've taken it to go. Although it will obviously limit your options, items like cake or a fruit plate hold up pretty well. Like catne mentioned, this can be an especially good option if you'll be catching one of the night shows (Wishes, Fantasmic, Illuminations).

Thanks for the great suggestions, we'll be trying the "to go" method next trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter