Columbia Harbor House ? Tuna experts please

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by pooh2001, Mar 2, 2010.

1. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

At Columbia Harbor House there is alot of fried foods our DS & DD would eat.
    DH would love the salad - his type of food.

For me, DW, a bit picky about my tuna...

The Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - White tuna with lettuce and tomato served on a toasted multi-grain bread. Served with chips or carrots.

Could you tell me if they add mayo to the tuna ?
    If mayo is added - is it on the light side or drenching the tuna ?

Do they add celery or onions to the tuna ?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jess20k

jess20k DIS Veteran

There is mayo in it, the two times that I have ordered it, the mayo was more on the light side. I am 99% sure there was celery in it as well, but hopefully someone else could tell you for sure.

I really enjoyed it, I thought it was good, and I am not a huge fan of tuna sandwiches usually.

4. bellebookworm9

bellebookworm9 Future Au.D.

I am curious about this as well. Awhile back I read a dining review that said there was sweet relish in it (which I like) but then I saw a review from several months later that said the relish was gone. I think tuna without relish is bland and would like to know what I'm getting myself into.

5. tkbk

tkbk Mouseketeer

I just had this sandwich there in November. I tried it because of the good reviews and I enjoy a good tuna sandwich. I can tell you I do not care for mayo so any Tuna sandwich I enjoy must be light on the mayo. This was a very good sandy I really liked it.

6. Leota

Leota DIS Veteran

There is definately no relish in the Tuna. I love the Anchors Aweigh & I can't stand relish in my tuna. The mayo is on the light side, the tuna is in nice chunks, there is celery & I would guess a little lemon. I don't recall tasting raw onion in it at all.

I have no idea what else they do to their tuna, but that Tuna sandwich is the best tuna sandwich I've ever had, anywhere. :thumbsup2

7. 2minny

2minny DIS Veteran

This sounds great! I need to try it, nice change from the usual! Especially since it's not dripping with mayo....ewwwww.

8. Jill Schwartz

Jill Schwartz Mouseketeer

I've eaten at least one of their tuna sandwichs every trip, so thats at least 4 but I can't tell ya exactly what is in them! I am just pretty certain that its not sweet relish nor raw onion b/c I don't care for either. But there is something else in there b/c there is a bit of crunch and nice flavor.

9. beroh2253

beroh2253 Love Dixie Landings(POR)

I have no clue what is in this tuna sand but I think it is the best tasting tuna sand I have ever eaten.

10. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Thanks - the tuna sounds great :thumbsup2
    Light mayo, a little bit of celery and a touch of lemon and white chucks of tuna - yummy.

My DD and DH may also like it too. DS will do the chicken fingers and fries.

Now for our Keys to the Kingdom tour I will order the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich with carrots.

Thank you so much for your reviews !

11. gwtw428

gwtw428 Mouseketeer

Had the tuna in October and LOVED it..light in the mayo...the bread was really good too!

12. stitchlover

stitchlover DIS Veteran

So glad I stumbled upon this thread. I try to eat healthy but have been wanting to order this sandwich. Now that I know it's not drowning in mayo I will feel better about ordering it. Thanks for the information!