College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

For those that work with characters at various WDW resorts in the past. Who decided to be friends with Marie from The Aristocats at the Magic Kingdom in Town Square? How did you feel making children and other visitors happy, what is your favorite guest memory and what was your favorite experience working as a character?

Last edited:
Marie has lots of "friends". And there are a few factors that go into that

Two questions!! So I'm planning on fall 2016 program, 1) when are applications typically expected to come out? Is it safe to say it will be some time in February? And 2) I am currently in my second semester of my freshman year of college and still don't know what I want to do in life so my major is still general as of now. Does this lessen my chances of being accepted? Should I tell them I have an idea of what I want to do later in life (which I have ideas, but nothing definite)? Thank you!

Two questions!! So I'm planning on fall 2016 program, 1) when are applications typically expected to come out? Is it safe to say it will be some time in February? And 2) I am currently in my second semester of my freshman year of college and still don't know what I want to do in life so my major is still general as of now. Does this lessen my chances of being accepted? Should I tell them I have an idea of what I want to do later in life (which I have ideas, but nothing definite)? Thank you!

1) it should go up late Jan/early Feb 2016

2) I was undeclared when I did my first CP, so it shouldn't be a problem

Thanks a lot for your answers, Joanna!
Sorry for all the questions, but I have a few more:
1) at what point in the interview process will they ask if you want WDL or WDL (if they even do ask your preference?) and say I put WDW as my preference, is it possible to be accepted for WDL?
2) my number 1 role is entertainment/character performer, which I know is difficult to get but I've had several years of dance and theater experience. My question about this is - basically, how does it work? I know the phone interview is before the audition date, but what if I am accepted (for instance) for something else before I hear back from the audition? Or are they tied together?

Thanks a lot for your answers, Joanna!
Sorry for all the questions, but I have a few more:
1) at what point in the interview process will they ask if you want WDL or WDL (if they even do ask your preference?) and say I put WDW as my preference, is it possible to be accepted for WDL?
2) my number 1 role is entertainment/character performer, which I know is difficult to get but I've had several years of dance and theater experience. My question about this is - basically, how does it work? I know the phone interview is before the audition date, but what if I am accepted (for instance) for something else before I hear back from the audition? Or are they tied together?

1) It's on the application, or at least it was the last time I applied. You can apply for either or both. The role selection is a little different between the two locations.

2) It is possible to be accepted for another role and then converted to character performer if you're successful at your audition. Being unsuccessful at the audition doesn't mean you won't be accepted for another role, even if you haven't been already, though.

Hi, everyone! I have a quick question about the Web Based Interview. I am not applying until this summer for 2017 SA, but I am already worrying about the WBI! I've been trying to find information about it, and was wondering if this quiz is similar to the questions they ask.

I know it's probably a little crazy to be thinking about it already, but I have wanted this for years and want to make sure I'm REALLY prepared!

I applied for the College Program last semester and did not make it past the personality test. Does anyone have advice for that portion of the application?

I applied for the College Program last semester and did not make it past the personality test. Does anyone have advice for that portion of the application?
That's what I'm worried about, too. From what I've read, try to pick either "Strongly Agree" or "Strongly Disagree." Disney wants you to have an opinion and to stand firm in your opinion. Read carefully, too, because they do rephrase questions, and you don't want to contradict previous answers. For example, if you put "strongly agree" for a question like "I am never late to work," you would want to put "strongly disagree" for any question like "I am sometimes 15 minutes late to work." Even if that might be true, think about what Disney's looking for--they want CMs who are timely, responsible, and enthusiastic.

Again, this is purely hear-say from other accounts, as I haven't taken the WBI yet, but it does make sense and aligns with what Disney is looking for in both WBIs and PIs.

EDIT: That being said, I do have some questions specificially, so if anyone is willing to let me pick their brain, I'd really appreciate it!

As far as the WBI goes, consistency is way more important than always picking "strongly" answers.
That makes sense.

What about questions that could kind of go either way? I read that there can be a question like, "I work more efficiently than my co-workers." Would it be better to agree, because it shows confidence in your abilities, or disagree so it doesn't look like you have some kind of a superiority complex? Haha- sorry for all these questions! I think I'm totally overthinking. :worried:

I have a question. My husband and I put in our applications tonight. He had a link to the WBI less than an hour later. I got an e-mail that said, "Due to the high volume of applications and limited number of opportunities available, not all applicants will move forward in the interviewing process. You will receive an update regarding the status of your application no later than April 15, 2016."

Does this mean anything? I have lots of experience in customer service, theatre, and working with children. Why did he go straight through and I didn't?

I have a question about the WBI; if anyone can offer advice I'd greatly appreciate it! I had recently applied for the Fall 2016 Disney College Program. In my excitement to apply, it had slipped my mind that I had WBI results still active; I applied for the Spring 2016 semester back in October 2015, so my results would still be valid until April. I didn't realize that it was recommended to wait to apply until WBI results have expired until I read the DCP official blog. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I had passed or failed the assessment when I last applied. After I took the WBI last fall, I remember getting an email that just stated "We'll notify you before the x deadline a month later I was notified that I didn't make it (no phone interview either). If I had failed the WBI back in October, will I still have a chance to be in consideration for Fall 2016? I'm concerned that I may have made a huge mistake with my applying early. Has anyone experience this before and know what to do? Thank you so much!

I have a question about the WBI; if anyone can offer advice I'd greatly appreciate it! I had recently applied for the Fall 2016 Disney College Program. In my excitement to apply, it had slipped my mind that I had WBI results still active; I applied for the Spring 2016 semester back in October 2015, so my results would still be valid until April. I didn't realize that it was recommended to wait to apply until WBI results have expired until I read the DCP official blog. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I had passed or failed the assessment when I last applied. After I took the WBI last fall, I remember getting an email that just stated "We'll notify you before the x deadline a month later I was notified that I didn't make it (no phone interview either). If I had failed the WBI back in October, will I still have a chance to be in consideration for Fall 2016? I'm concerned that I may have made a huge mistake with my applying early. Has anyone experience this before and know what to do? Thank you so much!

It sounds to me like you passed the WBI last fall, even though you weren't offered a phone interview - failing the WBI results in a more-or-less instant No Longer In Consideration status.

Waiting until April to apply wouldn't have been an option since applications will almost certainly close before then. So, since you already applied for Fall, what's happened since you submitted the application? What does the status on your dashboard say? What kinds of email communications have you received?

It sounds to me like you passed the WBI last fall, even though you weren't offered a phone interview - failing the WBI results in a more-or-less instant No Longer In Consideration status.

Waiting until April to apply wouldn't have been an option since applications will almost certainly close before then. So, since you already applied for Fall, what's happened since you submitted the application? What does the status on your dashboard say? What kinds of email communications have you received?
Thank you for the response! You've helped me be a little less of a worrywart! I applied on Jan.13 and the only email I've gotten was the generic thank you for applying communication. I'm still showing as submission on my dashboard, but I know it could take a while for me to hear something back since so many are applying. I just got worried after reading tidbit on the DCP blog the day after I applied. I thought I messed up my chance at being one step closer to my dreams haha. Fingers crossed!

I honestly think the entire selection process is random. I applied twice before, got accepted both times, but unfortunately couldn't do it BOTH times :sad2:, talk about bad luck. But, now I've applied for Fall of 2016 and I have a phone interview this Sunday. NO excuses this time!

Hi I am looking to apply for this upcoming fall. Do you recommend attaching a cover letter and resume to the application? Thank you!

Quick question...my dd is still in process. She had her phone interview on Tuesday. The interviewer told her that character auditions, for DCP people, is going to be in NYC. Does anyone have any idea where in NYC? We would arrive the day prior and stay the night...so would like to be in the general area. I'll book now and then cancel if she doesn't get accepted. But, would rather know she has a place to sleep the night before auditioning.
thanks for any help!!! This waiting is soooo hard.

I will be arriving for my CP at WDW in about a week and I am a bit nervous because I didn't pick the roommates, just had them randomly assigned. I did this because I am not big on social media and don't have a facebook or anything. Not because I'm anti-social in real life, just social media isn't really my cup of tea. Anyways, could anyone share some experiences by chance who picked randomly assigned roommates? Did it work out decently? I think I'm pretty easy to get along with. However I haven't lived with roommates before, and I'm also a gay male so I'm hoping homophobia isn't an issue if I get all straight roommates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!