College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by RogerRadcliffe, Feb 7, 2013.

1. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

If/when you're accepted you have ten days to complete the 3 steps they tell you about in your acceptance email including playing the $300.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RogerRadcliffe

RogerRadcliffe Imagineering

Thanks Jo, I keep forgetting Attractions/Merchandise/Custodial are the more open roles. :)

Applications typically close March/Early April during the Fall season depending on the needs of the needs that program.

Applications for last year's Fall Advantage closed Mid-March.

A straight answer-- Yes, you may select the Character Performer role as one of the many roles you may be interested in, but will not be considered for the position unless you attend the audition. If you're quite confident that you have the ability to pass auditions you could always look into traveling to the nearest audition location. I know people that have traveled from two states over because they are passionate about it. Unless you make the March 14th auditions for Orlando, FL there are absolutely no opportunities in Florida.

Given that the minimum criteria for the time between applications is 6 months, March to September is 7 months. If you apply late March, and applications open up early September, I would recommend waiting 6 months, 1 day just to be sure.

Best of luck, and Have a Magnificently Magical Day! :smickey:

4. DisneyChef

DisneyChef Earning My Ears

I don't know very much about the
    CP, but i'd really love to do it. What types of different things could you get assigned to there. All I know of is Merchandising, Custodial, and Attractions. Also, do you get to choose which park you are working at?

5. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

You can be assigned Merchandise, Custodial, Attractions, Bell services dispatcher, Hospitality, Concierge, Housekeeping, Transportation, Main entrance operations, recreation, vacation planner, character performer, costuming, photopass, lifeguard, "Hopper", Full service food and beverage, quick service food and beverage, and BBB/ Pirate league hostess.

You do not get to choose what park / resort you work in, but you can request where you'd like to work. Remember, it's just a request. Most people would rather work in the parks since it's busier than the resorts, but it's all a matter of personal preference.

6. DisneyChef

Thank you so Much! Just a couple more Q's... Do you put in your preferences for where you are working? And do you rotate/do more than one catagory in your session?
    Thank you in advance.:rolleyes:

7. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

You put in your preferences during the phone interview. So if you want Studios when the interviewer asks if you have any questions just state that you'd like to request Studios. If by category you mean role, then not exactly. Whatever program and role you are given you are stuck with for the full duration of the program, BUT if you choose to extend your program then you may be offered the chance to switch roles and locations for the last part of the program. That is dependent on business needs though.

8. DisneyChef

Thank you! I meant by where you get to work as in the role. & thanks for answering about switching jobs. I'm cleared up now!::yes::

9. MegCasey

MegCasey Earning My Ears

Five days after my phone interview last Wednesday, I got an E-mail informing me that I had been accepted! I'll be doing custodial in the Fall Program, and I wanted to thank everyone here for sharing information about the interview process. It really helped me prepare for it, and in the end I don't think I would have done as well without reading all the tips on this board. Thanks again everyone, I hope to see a few of you down there with me!

10. erinlovesmickey

erinlovesmickey Earning My Ears

Do all of the apartment complexes have gyms?

11. ArielinWonderland

ArielinWonderland Mouseketeer

Question...
    For the roles of character attendant and/or PhotoPass photographer, are you placed in one park or do you rotate? I know in Disneyland, PhotoPass photographers worked in both parks, and I am curious if it's the same way in WDW.
    Those are two of my top choices (the third is BBB/Pirates League).
    Thanks!

12. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

I'm not sure about character attendant, but I know for photopass you're assigned to a single park. I don't know if you can pick up shifts in other parks because I know there are certain things you can't take pictures of and certain magic shots that only work in certain parks but I could be wrong about that.

13. RogerRadcliffe

From what I can figure, most have gyms with Vista Way being the "main" gym. The CPInterns Gyms video gives you an idea, not too large.

Also, found the Housing Overview from 2012 if anyone is interested.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

14. PrincessKaren

PrincessKaren Earning My Ears

Hi! I have a question that I haven't seen much info on.
    I live 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If I were to get accepted to DCP at Disneyland and live in the apartment complex there, could I drive home on my days off to see my family and what not?

15. RogerRadcliffe

Hello Karen!

It's perfectly acceptable to drive home on your days off, or really go anywhere you please while off. It really falls under the same rules as "If I have the day off at WDW can I fly home" question as you're perfectly fine in doing so.

There might also be a possibility of living off-site for Disneyland as there is WDW, but I'm not too sure.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

16. PrincessKaren

PrincessKaren Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your quick reply :)
    One reason I want to do DCP is to get away from home, but not be too far. I also looked at other apartments nearby since I do have cats, but they are much more expensive :(
    I'm sure living there will be a blast though, and a part of the overall experience.

Thanks again :)

17. Disneyfan19

Disneyfan19 Earning My Ears

Hello, I have my phone interview for the Disney College Program today, I just was curious about something. I am 32 years old, and I was just wondering if there were certain apartments, for people a little older then 18-21 year olds.

Thanks,
    Erik

18. Lyanne and Stitch

Lyanne and Stitch Mouseketeer

There are really only two kinds of apartments:

Wellness (Under 21 - No alcohol allowed)
    Non-wellness (21 and over)

If you're interesting in rooming with someone that's around your age, I suggest trying to meet someone before hand and then checking in together to live in the same apartment. :)

Hope that helps. :goodvibes

19. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

For CA, you are based in one park. However, as long as the shift doesn't require special training (like for Enchanted Tales with Belle, inside with Merida, ect) you can pick up shifts at the other parks. I'm based at MK, but I've picked up shifts at Epcot, DHS, and even a shift at Fort Wilderness. It can be a lot of fun working elsewhere

Photopass is the same way. You are based in one park, but I'm pretty sure you can pick up extra hours as long as you have the training (you need to be trained to work with characters, as it doesn't happen right away)

20. lego606

lego606 Mouseketeer

Yep, you can live off-site, but you need to specify that in the interview(!)

21. StaceyM

StaceyM Earning My Ears

Can anyone give some insight on Main Entrance Operations?

I just got accepted as MEO ^^ and was wondering what all it might entail. I know I could get stuck out working in the parking lot but I wanted to know what else I could be doing. Is it different based on which park you're in? Im at WDW and wasnt sure if Epcot would be different from the main park etc. Ive only actually been to Disney that I can remember a couple of times.