College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
About three weeks into my program they had a special audition for female CPs between 5'1" and 5'7". It was very different from the CP auditions that happen before the program begins because they were only looking for face characters, so there was no dancing or animations. A few people out of the over 500 that showed up were approved and were then switched out of their current role and into Entertainment. However, I don't know if they have a special face audition like this one every season or if this was a one-time thing.

As far as I know, there aren't any mid-season auditions unless you are auditioning to extend into Entertainment towards the end of your program. If you can't make it to auditions this time around, I would suggest going in a different role, enjoying it to the fullest, and then giving Entertainment another try at the extension auditions. :goodvibes

Yeah that's what my interviewer told me to do :goodvibes

Thanks! I had my interview this morning, and my interviewer told me the same thing.

My other random question is how do uniforms/costumes work? For cast members who aren't characters and just have regular uniforms, do you have more than one, or are you expected to wash it every day? How does that work?

Thanks! I had my interview this morning, and my interviewer told me the same thing.

My other random question is how do uniforms/costumes work? For cast members who aren't characters and just have regular uniforms, do you have more than one, or are you expected to wash it every day? How does that work?

They allow CP's to check out up to five costumes at a time. If you have an accessory (like a hat) then they usually only let you have one out at a time. You can wash the costumes yourself, or leave them at costuming for them to wash, and you can just grab new ones off the rack.

Congratulations! do you like working there? I just got accepted into the college program as a character performer? idk haha it seemed like fun so I'll hopefully be going to WDW this summer :-)

Is there a chance any status updates will show up on the Disney Careers website before I get an email? Or vice-versa? Is it silly to keep checking both; will an update/invitation/whatever come at the same time?

What is the policy regarding visitors? Are they allowed to stay with you in your apartment? If they come to visit, can you stay in their hotel with them for a night or two? Just wondering :)

What is the policy regarding visitors? Are they allowed to stay with you in your apartment? If they come to visit, can you stay in their hotel with them for a night or two? Just wondering :)

No, I don't think you can have guests stay with you overnight. I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to have guests from other complexes (or outside of the program) between the hours of 1 am and 7 am. I'm not sure about staying out for the night off-premises but I assume that would be okay, since people in the program live off-campus? I don't know for sure, though.

You can definitely stay offsite for however many nights you want. My daughter always stayed with us when we were in town. Additionally she had one roommate who had a local boyfriend and she literally moved in, had her rent taken out, and never stayed a night in the apartments.

Liz

You can definitely stay offsite for however many nights you want. My daughter always stayed with us when we were in town. Additionally she had one roommate who had a local boyfriend and she literally moved in, had her rent taken out, and never stayed a night in the apartments.

Liz

Oh ok, sounds great! Thanks so much for answering my question!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter