College Program Parents Thread...

Except I'm pretty sure the only discounts are for "space available" cruises, which are released a few weeks out, so you have to be flexible with when you can go.

Hard to believe that my DS has been done with his CP for a year now! We found that the Buena Vista Suites was a good place to stay and close to their complexes. (We rented a car and it was easy to get around the area.) They have suites that include a two bed sleeping area, a bathroom, and a sitting area with pull-out couch, fridge, microwave. Free breakfast every morning that included hot foods(some of which were made-to-order) and lots of selections for everyone. I believe we paid about $79 a night. They have a website that has specials on Wednesdays and Thursdays(they are the sister resort of Caribe Royale) so definitely check it out!
On a side note, my DS loved his program! And the Disney Happy Ending is that he met his fiancee while there and they will be getting married July 2013! :lovestruc Dreams do come true!!

On move-in day, this past August, the bulk of the time I spent was waiting while she checked in. Once I got her stuff inside the door of her apartment, I looked around, met the roomies and was done! She set herself up. So I was there a total of 9am to around 11:30 or so.

Thanks

getting excited/nervous the closer my dd check date gets.:cheer2:
I have another question that probally has been answered before(sorry). On check in day, we know the cp goes their way to check in but is there anytime during that 1st day to run to store with cp or is it once they check in they are busy rest of day? BTW she is lifeguard and we know she takes her test that day , but she has heard on some FB sites that some cp ar esitting around after checkin for a couple days.
:confused3

getting excited/nervous the closer my dd check date gets.:cheer2:
I have another question that probally has been answered before(sorry). On check in day, we know the cp goes their way to check in but is there anytime during that 1st day to run to store with cp or is it once they check in they are busy rest of day? BTW she is lifeguard and we know she takes her test that day , but she has heard on some FB sites that some cp ar esitting around after checkin for a couple days.
:confused3

This is one of the things I found interesting and frustrating... considering it's 'Disney' - you aren't given much information until check in day about anything! :confused3 If it wasn't for these boards... we would have been going more crazy than we were that day!

For my daughter - she checked in, I waited for about an hour and a half for her, and then we went to her apartment to drop everything off. She only had a window of about an hour or so before she had to head to get a bus to go to a meeting. Some of her roommates had the same meeting, another had one later that day. While she went to that meeting - I finished setting up her room and then headed to Target. I bought some of the stuff she was missing, which fortunately wasn't much, and pretty much bought food and supplies... again... mostly food and snacks! :goodvibes We did go shopping again for some small things the following day.

When she got back to the apartment, probably 2 -3 hours later, with her roomies after their meetings, finger printing, etc... we finished setting up and went to dinner with some of the room mates and their parents... that was about 6:00pm. It was a LONG day!

The next few days, each of her room mates had different schedules... some of them started right away - others had a day off before they started. That was the frustrating part... it was hard to plan beforehand. It all worked out... she's got a few months to go... and unfortunately - she can't wait til it's over. (She's in Quick Service Food and Beverage)

When a college student has completed her master's degree, and graduated, is she still able to do the college program, or is it just too late?
I tried looking at the career info about internships, etc, but was unsuccessful in finding anything. I think I have found info before, so may not have been looking in the right place.
I would appreciate any assistance.
Thanks in advance.:flower3:

The student has to be currently enrolled in school to apply for the CP

My DD will begin her Internship on August 8th. My DH and I will be coming to visit her during Christmas. Does anyone know if the interns can still get guests into the parks during the blackout dates for the parks?

My DD will begin her Internship on August 8th. My DH and I will be coming to visit her during Christmas. Does anyone know if the interns can still get guests into the parks during the blackout dates for the parks?

If her main gate is black out then sadly, no. You would be more then welcome to go to the park but you would need to purchase park tickets :-) I don't know if she would be able to get you a discount on purchasing them or not... I did my program in 2009 and can't quite remember. But Holiday time!!!... so exciting :-) Good luck to your daughter!

There was some interesting information in this week's CP email that was sent out today. As of August 1, Price Management will no longer be the group in charge of the apartments. Lincoln Management will take over the responsibilites. I don't think anyone knows if this will bring about changes in anything, but I thought it was interesting. Time will tell, I suppose.

I saw a couple of posts whose kids are going to the CP on August 8th. My daughter starts that day too. Was wondering what your kids will be doing while there? Mine is merchandise

I saw a couple of posts whose kids are going to the CP on August 8th. My daughter starts that day too. Was wondering what your kids will be doing while there? Mine is merchandise

Yes - our daughter will be starting August 8th, too. She will be in attractions. She's flying out on the 7th to meet her roommate - and we're excited/nervous/sad to see her go.

My daughter hasn't found a roommate yet so she will get the luck of the draw which is a bit scary too. We are driving her down and staying for a few days after she checks in.

My daughter hasn't found a roommate yet so she will get the luck of the draw which is a bit scary too. We are driving her down and staying for a few days after she checks in.

Hope all goes well for her and your family! :)

Hi All! I'm sure some of my questions have been addressed in previous posts, but here goes! My daughter is checking in for the CP on 8/20. I am flying down with her and staying for a couple of days until she is settled. I feel clueless as to what the process will be once we arrive. Does anyone know what happens after we check in? I don't know how much I'll be able to participate in with her. I am trying to decide how long to stay ( I can change my flight) but I'm unsure of what she'll be doing the first couple of days. Can anyone walk me through some of the process so I don't feel like a fish out of water when we arrive? I greatly appreciate any help! :goodvibes

Hi All! I'm sure some of my questions have been addressed in previous posts, but here goes! My daughter is checking in for the CP on 8/20. I am flying down with her and staying for a couple of days until she is settled. I feel clueless as to what the process will be once we arrive. Does anyone know what happens after we check in? I don't know how much I'll be able to participate in with her. I am trying to decide how long to stay ( I can change my flight) but I'm unsure of what she'll be doing the first couple of days. Can anyone walk me through some of the process so I don't feel like a fish out of water when we arrive? I greatly appreciate any help! :goodvibes

Hi!

So the first day is check-in, they'll be shipped off to Casting to do paperwork and stuff. That'll last a few hours, and then after she's done with that you can help her move into her apartment. Then she'll have housing meetings, general meetings, etc on the next day (I think) which will tell them all about housing rules and regulations, etc. That'll take up a few hours and usually they go alone.

Next is Traditions, the orientation for new Cast Members, which is a lot of fun and where they get their nametags and IDs, as well as go through the extremely exciting process of learning the ins and outs of becoming a Cast Member. They may or may not have already gotten their training schedule, and a day after Traditions will be Park Orientation. This is a more detailed orientation for the park that she will be most specifically working in- mine was MK so our park orientation had us walking around MK with a trainer.

Then she'll start training for her location. She'll be pretty busy the first few days but she'll have evenings free (usually) where you can spend time together. Her schedule she receives will tell everything in advance, and may include a lot of early mornings (I had to get used to getting up at 5:30 for meetings at check-in and Traditions!)

aznshents said:
Hi!

So the first day is check-in, they'll be shipped off to Casting to do paperwork and stuff. That'll last a few hours, and then after she's done with that you can help her move into her apartment. Then she'll have housing meetings, general meetings, etc on the next day (I think) which will tell them all about housing rules and regulations, etc. That'll take up a few hours and usually they go alone.

Next is Traditions, the orientation for new Cast Members, which is a lot of fun and where they get their nametags and IDs, as well as go through the extremely exciting process of learning the ins and outs of becoming a Cast Member. They may or may not have already gotten their training schedule, and a day after Traditions will be Park Orientation. This is a more detailed orientation for the park that she will be most specifically working in- mine was MK so our park orientation had us walking around MK with a trainer.

Then she'll start training for her location. She'll be pretty busy the first few days but she'll have evenings free (usually) where you can spend time together. Her schedule she receives will tell everything in advance, and may include a lot of early mornings (I had to get used to getting up at 5:30 for meetings at check-in and Traditions!)

Thanks for all the helpful info!!!

hey everybody! im shelby:wave2:
its been a while since ive been on here (last time i was on here i was a junior in high school) and im starting college this fall...well in a week and a half lol. i want to do the cp next summer. is there a summer program? and also i will be a nursing major, will the cp still accept me? ive heard they wont take nursing majors. ive got lots of questions lol so hopefully yall can help!!

thanks!!
:jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter