Coke Rewards & Southwest.

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by kaitlin-n-mom, Sep 3, 2008.

1. kaitlin-n-mom

kaitlin-n-mom Mouseketeer

Just in case you have been saving those coke rewards up. I went on my coke rewards this morning and you can cash in your rewards points (1425 points) for $50.00 Southwest gift cards. Of course I find this a day after I already booked my airfare but hopefully it will help someone else out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sanibelover

sanibelover DIS Veteran

Noticed this over the weekend, but they have been out of stock every time I checked. Limit 2 per account, but they never expire - as long as Southwest doesn't expire!

4. kaitlin-n-mom

Sorry about that, I did not try to actually get them since I already have my airfare. You would think they would remove the selection if it is not available. Or maybe they just enjoy teasing us. LOL

5. sanibelover

sanibelover DIS Veteran

I know in the past they have added more items to out of stock selections, so I am going to keep checking!! Every little bit helps, right?

6. aclov

aclov DIS Veteran

I wonder if you can use these for alcoholic beverages on the flight or just airfare.

7. kaitlin-n-mom

That would be nice, but I think I would need more than the $50.00 card to get me through a flight. :rotfl:

This is what it said on the Southwest web site:
    Where can I redeem a southwestgiftcard?
    A southwestgiftcard can be redeemed at southwest.com, through Southwest Airlines Reservations, or at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations.

You would think that they would start accepting them on flights pretty soon since they are starting the following on September 9th:

"a simple swipe takes care of all your inflight purchases. We'll still offer the free snacks and soft drinks you love, but for the few onboard items for which we do charge, like beer, wine, cocktails and energy drinks, we'll accept only the Rapid Rewards credit card from Chase or other major credit/debit cards and drink coupons.
    Relax and keep your cash."

8. willoughbyclan

willoughbyclan DIS Veteran

Dangit!:mad: Everytime a reward comes along that I would benefit from, it is out of stock before I can redeem. DARN!!!!:mad: Maybe we can keep each other updated when these become available again. I would love to have two of them. I have 12,000 pts that I need to spend before the end of the year.

I'll try to check daily to see if the stock is replenished and keep you guys posted.

9. kim929

kim929 DIS Veteran

I haven't been looking faithfully but I did last week and I didn't see anything there. I could use this one and figures out of stock. If I see it in stock because I will be looking constantly i will post

10. 10_Kyle_10

10_Kyle_10 DIS Veteran

Wow...you sure they are going to end this year? That was the plan last year and it continued! Crossing my fingers...

11. sanibelover

sanibelover DIS Veteran

Just looked at MCR and the Southwest Giftcard isn't even listed anymore.......

12. willoughbyclan

Yep, it was there around noon today, but gone now................

13. 10_Kyle_10

10_Kyle_10 DIS Veteran

Yup its def gone I saw it around 3ish this afternoon, sold out of course!

14. G's mommy

G's mommy DIS Veteran

All the decent rewards are always sold out.

15. kaitlin-n-mom

FYI - There is a Southwest reward for one Round trip ticket on My Coke Rewards for 11500 points if anyone needs it.

16. jimaok

jimaok Mouseketeer

WOW- Thanks for the heads up. I just got one free round trip ticket to Disneyworld for my December trip. Used my coke reward points.:cheer2: :cheer2:

17. willoughbyclan

Finally, something worth spending my hard earned points on.:cool1: :banana:

Thanks so much to the op!:worship:

Now, where do I want to go between now and next December 31th?.....................

18. willoughbyclan

Thanks so much! Finally something worth spending my hard earned points on.:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Now, where do I want to go between now and next December 31st?:confused3 :lmao:

19. kaitlin-n-mom

Your welcome. I am glad someone got to take advantage of this one. Lord knows I couldn't with my lousy 580 points. Enjoy!!

20. willoughbyclan

Wow, can you believe that the points requirement for that award has went up by 4,500 pts to 16,000 pts since this was posted?

Glad I got in early.:thumbsup2

21. dislal

dislal DIS Veteran

their points went way up on everything.:confused3