Coffee with Dessert?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kristin08, Nov 18, 2012.

1. kristin08

kristin08 Mouseketeer

Can I order a soda or iced tea with the main meal and a plain/regular coffee with dessert while on the DDP? Or will there be an extra charge for the coffee?

Thanks!

2. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

Extra charge. Its 1 beverage.

3. Googilycub

Googilycub Mouseketeer

I always do a glass of beer or wine (out of pocket), and use my dining plan for a coffee at desert.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. tony67

tony67 DIS Veteran

You can typically get a coffee with dessert as your drink - but it is soda with the meal or coffee at dessert - you don’t get both - but you may get lucky and not get charged for the coffee on occasion

Also just a heads up - if you ask for espresso or cappuccino on the DDP some places won’t give it to you - for example Via Napoli - and others will - Grand Floridian Cafe

Kind of annoying since the waiters at Via Napoli won't warn you about that

I checked with the concierge and it is meant to be included – but Via Napoli is privately run – they don’t even give Disney Employees a discount according to the concierge I spoke to – and she could not take the espresso off my bill

6. TinkerTerry

TinkerTerry Earning My Ears

I have been on the dining plan for my last two trips and have never been charged for my coffee.

7. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

why would they even take it off your bill? esp after you drank it. the onus is on the customer to ask if its included. i dont think the waiter should say "that's not on the DP" for every extra item you order. If you want something, you ask. That's what i do at restaurants. I know that on the DP I am entitled to one non alcoholic beverage. Anything extra i am prepared to pay.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

8. mmouse50

mmouse50 DIS Veteran

You will be charged for 1 of the drinks - either the soda/tea or the coffee.

I always do the dining plan - get tea with my meal and coffee after with dessert - I am charged for the coffee.

9. icc2515

icc2515 Mouseketeer

Does this rule apply to buffets as well?

10. AllisonLeigh

AllisonLeigh Earning My Ears

Yes--applies to buffets and any meals. Just about to arrive home (boo!) I got water with meals when I knew I'd want coffee. At Crystal Palace buffet and T-Rex, to name two. I got a cappuccino at Les Chefs in Epcot and it was included too!

11. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

No, buffets you can have more then one.